WEIRD BUMPS.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables”

“She’s got the eyes of innocence….the face of an angel…a personality of a dreamer and a smile that hides more pain than you can ever imagine” I read out loud and sighed.

I hate these kinds of home works. Do these professors know that it is so hard to write your own biography? I mean, c’mon! I’ve just been here in this world for twenty-two years. I don’t even have a lot of experiences yet. Not to mention, my life is not interesting at all. It’s just full of hardships, rejections, people leaving and pain. If I’m going to put all of these on paper, I can already come up with a novel that is thicker than the Harry Potter books.

“What do you want?” I asked the moment I picked up Eun hee’s call.

“Gaylord and I are here outside your beautiful mansion…open up” she said sarcastically and I dashed to the door.

“Hellow…hellow…hellow” Dong min said the moment I opened the door.

“What are you two doing here?” I crossed my arms across my chest and waited for them to answer.

“That’s what you call…warm welcome” he said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

“We bought you lunch!” Eun hee said in glee while showing me a bag of food.

It’s a Saturday and that only means, we don’t have school and we have the whole day to bum around. Actually, that only applies to Eun hee and Dong min for I have to work even on weekends. I don’t know what a day off or rest day means. All I know is that, I need to earn money, for me to get by every day. I’m leaving in pay checks and if I’m going to bum around, I’d be done in a swish.

“We bought you some Japanese food coz we remembered that you’ve been craving for it” Eun hee said and even prepared the food for me.

“Wow! Kani salad and Tempura” I said.

My favorite combo of all time is right in front of me and I’m drooling badly already. Eun hee and Dong min are such sweeties for they even remembered my cravings. Well, what can I say? That’s what friends are for. These two can really make me happy in just a snap and I love them so much.

“Thank you guys! You two are the BEST!” I said and hugged them.

“Ishi Shin…that’s not a free meal…you have to pay us” Dong min said and I stopped rejoicing.

“How much is it?” I asked and they burst out laughing.

“Idiot!” Eun hee said and wrapped her arms around my shoulders “When did we ask you to pay for something that we bought willingly?” she asked and I sighed.

“I hate this” I sat on the chair, grabbed my chopsticks and munched the salad.

“What do you hate?” Dong min asked sat on the chair across mine.

“You buying me food for free” I answered and they smirked.

“Tinky…we bought you that because we want to….it’s not like you forced us” he said and I sighed.

“That’s so right….look…we thought of bringing you food because we know that you will once again starve yourself coz you’re saving up and I’ve seen yesterday that you’ve ran out of ramen already so I called Dong min to accompany me to buy you food and some groceries” Eun hee said and I looked at her in disbelief.

“But….”  I said and she just smiled at me.

Well, it is true that I don’t have any food stored in my pantry. As a matter of fact, I didn’t eat dinner last night. I’m totally under budget right now and I have to pay for a lot of things. I know that I shouldn’t be cutting down on food for I cannot live without it, but I told myself that I’ll just have one or two meals a day for this whole month just to be able to meet my target budget.

“That’s a lot” I said while looking at the grocery bags in Dong min’s hands.

“Well…we made sure that you won’t run out of supplies for a whole month” Eun hee said and I just stared at her.

“You’re welcome” she said and I hugged her.

“Thank you so much” I said and she hugged me tightly.

“I wanna join!” Dong min said and the three of us hugged each other.

“Please…don’t you dare cry!” Dong min said while I’m trying to stop my tears from falling.

Who wouldn’t cry in times like these? How many people in this world have friends like Eun hee and Dongmin? Yes, these two are really the craziest, naughtiest and dumbest people in this world but their hearts are really big and pure.

“What are you doing before we came?” Dong min asked and sat on the edge of my bed.

“I’m doing our home work in creative writing” I said and I joined the two in bed.

“You are so ahead…this is due on Monday…why do it now?” Eun hee said and I smirked.

“You know me…I don’t want cramming….and…I’ve got a lot to do this weekend so I won’t be having time to do that” I said as she reads.

“This is so good” Eun hee said and handed the paper to Dong min.

“How can you say that it’s good when it’s not yet done?” I asked and she smiled at me.

“I’ve felt your heart while reading it….seriously trouble twin….it feels like you are not the one speaking in this piece…it’s your heart and I’m totally impressed” Eun hee said and I sighed.

“I have to agree to that….this is so good that even Ms. Kim would cry after reading this” Dong min said and I laughed.

“I cannot even imagine that monster crying” I said and we burst out laughing.

“She will really love you after this….you’ll not be sent to the disciplinary office anymore” Eun hee said and I really hope for that.

“You know what? I cannot even get it…why are they treating us like high school students when we’re already in college?” I asked and they sighed.

“It has been like that even before we came….after all…detention is really cool for you will not do anything at all” Eun hee said and I looked at her in disbelief.

“Not do anything? Excuse me….the last time that I was in detention….they asked me to clean the restrooms …it’s really disgusting” I said and they laughed so loud.

“No wonder….our restrooms that day are not that clean” Eun hee said and I slapped her arm.

I’m so used to being in detention even when I was in high school. I can even remember when our disciplinary officer ordered me to check all the classrooms if they’re clean after classes and if it’s not, I’d be the one cleaning it. Of course, my laziness attacks and I left the school without even checking the classrooms. The next day, I was given a three day suspension wherein I have to attend a boring behavior seminar.

“It’s Saturday….what are we going to do aside from bumming around and facebook” Dong min asked and I gave him a shrug.

“It’s still early for a drink” Eun hee said while texting.

“Actually….I need to leave in an hour for I have to work at the pastry shop” I told them and they sighed.

“Tinky?” Dong min called and I looked at him “What would you do if we won’t let you go off to work?” he asked and I smirked.

“I will definitely go ballistic…don’t you dare try to stop me for I’m going to rip your heads off” I threatened.

“Why do you even have to work? It’s a freakin Saturday! You have to rest” Eun hee said and I shook my head.

“I don’t have time to do that….I’m sorry…but…I really have to earn money for I’m in a super low budget right now” I said and they sighed.

“How do you do it?” Dong min asked.

“Do what?” I asked.

“You’re studying and then juggling three jobs at the same time…I mean…that’s so insane! You don’t even have a day off for you work till Sunday and then you wake up so early…to go to school and goes home late after work….are you sure you’re human coz  I don’t really think that this is all possible for a human being to take in” he answered, making me chuckle.

“I don’t have a choice….as much as I want to rest…I can’t…for I have to make money to live…you know so well that I don’t have parents or even guardians to finance for me…and my grandmother’s savings are already drained” I told them and once again, I can see pity in their eyes.

I know that I’m doing a lot of things and I really need to stop for a while and rest. But I just can’t, for a one day rest is really a big loss to my salary. After all, if I’m going to take a leave from work, I won’t be doing anything here at home and it’ll just bore me to death.

“What time will you be off?” Eun hee asked while watching me put make-up.

“hmm….around eight” I answered.

“Alright! We’ll fetch you at the pastry shop by eight then” she said and I looked at her curiously.

“Mouse…where a

Please log in to read the full chapter