IDEAL MAN.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place"

“Eun hee! Eun hee! Psst! EUN HEE!” I called on top of my lungs while running down the hall.

“SONG EUN HEEEEEE!!!!!!”

“OMO! YAH! Why are you so noisy? Huh Ms. Shin?” Ms. Kim scolded and all I can do is sigh heavily and bow down my head.

“Ms. Shin….I just want to remind you that you just got out of detention a few hours ago….and if I were you….I will not do anything wrong AGAIN… to not have a second trip to the disciplinary office”  the ever terror professor said while I just give her a million nods.

“Yes Ma’am!” I gave her a salute and she walked off.

“Aigoo….you’re close to trouble again” Eun hee said the moment I reached her.

“What’s new?” I said and she shook her head.

I don’t know, but in every troublesome situation, I’ll always be present OR I’m the one causing it. This is the reason why my friends call me “the weapon of mass destruction”. Why? Because wherever I go, whatever I do, trouble follows me.

“Wazzup!” Dong min said the moment Eun hee and I entered the classroom.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Eun hee almost threw herself at Dong min upon seeing him.

Meet my two best friends, Park Eun hee and Im Dong min. Our story is really interesting for we met unexpectedly with our problematic beings and out of this world minds. The three of us first saw each other at the subway station near Incheon. During that time, Eun hee ran away from her mother because she scolded her for coming home late and super drunk. Amongst the three of us, Eun hee or “the mouse” as we call her is the most childish and immature. Not to mention, she’s so fond of boys and cannot even last without having one around. Dong min on the other hand is her total opposite. He’s the perfect definition of an ideal man, too bad he’s not interested in women. Yep! He’s gay and is slowly going out of his closet. Well, we all know how this society works. Gay people are not that welcome yet but they are slowly coming out of their shells and the masses are being open to them as well. Anyway, Dong min was waiting for the train to arrive that time and Eun hee bumped into him then he helped her and next thing he knows it, she’s throwing up all over his shirt and that’s where I entered the picture. I was “hanging out” at the station for I have nowhere to go to and when I saw Dong min freaking out, that’s when I came to help. I cleaned Eun hee up and even lend her my clothes, while Dong min cleans his wrecked shirt.

“What’s your name by the way?” I asked Dong min for Eun hee is so drunk to even lift her head up.

“OH! You can speak Korean?” he asked in English and I chuckled.

“I’m Korean…well…half…my grandmother talks to me in Korean all the time…that’s why I am good in speaking it” I told him and he looked at me in amazement.

OK. Fine. I don’t look Korean at all for I’m a mix but if I’m going to analyze it, I’m almost a full blooded Korean for according to my grandmother, my father is half Korean as well so that made me whole coz half and half is equals to a whole. Alright, I don’t want math and I will just leave it like that.

“I’m Dong min…how about you?” he reached out his hand to me.

“Ishi” I shook his hand and shivered for he’s got a cold hand.

“How old are you?” I asked and positioned Eun hee back on her place for she’s slipping down to the floor already.

“Seventeen” he answered and I snapped my fingers.

“We’re of the same age!” I said and gave each other high fives.

“uhmm….do you have any ideas on how we’ll send this girl home?” he asked and I shook my head.

“She’s so drunk and I cannot believe that she’s able to roam around in this situation” I said while fanning myself for I’m sweating all over.

“You can just leave us if you want” I told Dong min and he stared at me.

Actually, when I first met Dong min, I thought he’s tripping on me for his stares are just so sticky and the way he smiles looks like he’s flirting but my hope just faded when I heard his phone’s girly ringtone.

“Your mother is already looking for you?” I asked after he hanged up.

“No...it’s a friend of mine” he said and I gave out a nod.

“I can handle her already….you can leave if you want” I told him again but he shook his head.

“I’m going to stay here” he said and I looked at him weirdly.

“It’s late…aren’t your parents looking for you yet?” I asked and he smirked.

“They don’t give a damn on me….actually….well my Appa doesn’t give a damn on me….he’s all I have for Omma died in an accident when I was still a kid” he said and I feel sorry for him.

“I’m sorry….well…we’re kinda in the same situation…but in my case….both my father and mother died when I was still two years old” I told him and he gasped in shock.

“OMO! I’m sorry” he said and I laughed.

“That’s nothing! I’m good with it” I said and he gave out a smile.

And from that moment on, Dong min and I shared almost everything. From his struggle just to be accepted by his father to his coming out in public. All I can say is, he is manly in so many ways but his heart is just as soft as a woman’s.

“How long have you been here?” he asked while rubbing his hands for some heat.

“Here’s my gloves…use it for the meantime” I removed my gloves and handed it to him.

“Thanks” he said and I smiled at him.

“Where were we? Ah! My grandmother and I moved here five years ago…we lived in Daejon for three years and when my old woman passed away….I moved here in Seoul and now…I’m homeless” I said and he looked at me in shock.

“Really? What happened?” he asked worriedly.

“Well…I got fired from the coffee shop that I was working at and then….here comes my landlady nagging and forcing me to pay rent….luckily….I only have three thousand won in my wallet and a few coins….as if I can give it to her…as if…she’s going to take it right?” I said sarcastically “So she has decided to kick me out of my apartment and worst thing is….she threw all my things out of that filthy place…good thing I have a friend in our neighborhood and I was able to leave my belongings with her for a while” I answered and he looked at me with pity in

Please log in to read the full chapter