GRAB THEM WHEN YOU CAN AND ENJOY IT.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“You got to grab what you can, when you can”

“Hey baby…Good Morning”

This feels so good. This guy is really the sweetest and I feel so in-love with him. He’s the perfect definition of Mr. Right and his soft lips feels so good whenever he kisses my cheek. His hand is so soft as well and it fits perfectly with mine. This is really good. So real. So….

“WAKE UP! WAAKKKEE UUUPPP!” I felt a strong slap on my and it really woke me up.

“Why are you here?” I asked upon seeing Eun hee who is laughing so loud.

“Why are you smiling while sleeping and why are you hugging your pillow so tight?” she asked and I was reminded of that wonderful dream again.

It for everything is just a dream. How I wish it’s all real! That guy really made my dream colorful and even though I cannot see his face clearly and all I can feel is his lips and hands, I was able to feel love. Not to mention, his voice sounds really soothing and calming when he greeted me Good Morning.

“Look at you….you’re smiling like an idiot…and even day dream when you just woke up….did you know what time is it now?” Eun hee snapped me back to my senses and I nearly choked her for she keeps on ruining a good dream.

“It’s none of your business MOUSE!” I threw a pillow on her and it lands right on her face, making me laugh so hard.

“Nice shot!” I said and ran towards the bathroom for she will torture me if she ever gets a hold on me.

This is another day of stress and pure torture. We’ve got theater rehearsals, piles of paper works that is due later this afternoon and I haven’t even done most of them yet. Last but not the least, I need to work at the restaurant after classes. School works, three jobs, limited time, one body and a crazy brain, will these things jive and blend?

“What are you doing?” I asked upon seeing Eun hee lying on her stomach in bed.

“Reading” she answered and I looked at the book she’s holding.

“When did you learn to read?” I teased and she gave me a death glare.

“Actually…I’m just checking this out” she showed me my favorite book of all time “Now…tell me….isn’t this a sign that you want to fall in-love already? You’re reading THE BOOK OF LOVE…it’s just so ironic coz you keep on telling us that you’re not interested in it at all” she said while tapping the book on her hand.

“That book is my all time favorite…my grandmother handed that down to me...and it doesn’t mean that just because I’m reading that…I already want to look for love or whatsoever…what’s in it and how it was written is what I love....nothing more….nothing less” I told her and she smirked.

“Is this really beautiful? It looks so old…the pages are wrecked as well…I feel like once I turn the page it’ll fall off” she said while scanning the pages.

“If that’s so…put that down and let’s go to school already” I told her and put a dab of make-up on my face.

The Book of Love is my grandmother’s favorite as well for it was given to her by a friend who is so special. My old woman is a bookworm and I grew up having a lot of reads all over our little house. She’s the one who taught me that reading is the best way to escape from reality coz it can take you to places that you’ve never even imagine going. Anyway, this book is the only one left in her collection for our house in Daejon was caught on fire and we weren’t able to save everything. I don’t know, but this makes me feel like my grandmother is the one teaching me about love and in one way or another, I can feel her presence whenever I’m reading the book page by page.

“Ooooohhh” Eun hee said and I looked at her.

She’s holding a piece of paper and her eyes are sparkling while reading what’s written on it. Privacy is really not in our vocabulary for we are so open to each other, so whatever is on that paper is just fine for her to read.

“Ideal Man” she said and I got alarmed all of a sudden.

“DON’T READ THAT!” I ran to her and tried grabbing the paper from her.

“Wait…I’m still reading it” she said and we were like two crazy girls dancing for I keep on chasing the paper while she blocks me.

“Blonde hair” she started and I almost kicked her just to get the paper.

“Silky smooth skin”

“GIVE THAT TO ME!” I shrieked.

“Sick rapping skils”

“GIVE IT BACK!”

“Fashion Icon”

“YAAAAHHH!”

“Money Maker” she ended and I sighed in defeat.

“Can you give it to me now?” I reached out my hand but she shook her head.

“What? C’mon MOUSE! Give it to me!” I said and she shook her head once again.

As a matter of fact, I don’t have to get it from her anymore for she has read it already but I’m so sure that she’s going to show that list to Dong min and they will do some crazy things after. I can still remember when they made me write the names of the guys that I’m attracted to, they posted it on Facebook and it really made a fuss for I looked like, I’m begging for these boys to hit on me.

“Give that to me….NOW!” I tried grabbing it again but to my surprise, Eun hee crumpled it and put the paper in .

“YUCK!” I said and she gave me a smile, grabbed her bag and walked out of my room.

That’s so disgusting. I cannot even imagine that Eun hee will eat a paper just for me to not get it from her. Now I’m doomed. I can already feel that my picture would be on the wall of shame once again.

“There” she took the paper out of and smoothen it.

“That’s just so disgusting…it’s wet and totally wrecked” I said and she folded it and placed it in her pocket.

“Let’s go!” she said and drove off.

I’m really lucky for Eun hee always fetch me every morning. This is a huge help for I don’t have to spend a few bucks on transportation.

“By the way…have you memorized your lines already?” I asked Eun hee who is humming to the tune of Heaven by Ailee.

“Nope! Haven’t….how about you?” she glanced at me and I sighed.

“As usual” I said and she pinched my thigh “aahhh!” I shrieked and she laughed.

“I have memorized each line and all I need is to internalize” I said proudly and she smirked.

“Ishi…just to remind you…your role is not even big at all…you will just show up in two scenes….each will run for three minutes…why would you have to internalize?” she said and I rolled my eyes at her.

“I know that being a neighbor and a sales person is not a big role but at least I have lines to say…and I want to do good in this for I have to keep my grades up for my scholarship” I told her and she sighed.

“Yeah…I know that….but don’t stress yourself too much” she said and I nod my head.

The reason why I always give my best in everything that I do is because this is the only way where I can tell the whole world that I’m good and I can do what other people can do, and so much better. I mean, I don’t have anything to brag about and my raw talent is all I have.

“Gaylord!” Eun hee called out to Dong min who is waiting for us at the parking lot.

This is Dong min’s job. He will save a parking space for Eun hee by standing on that slot so that whenever a car tries to park, he’ll block it and say that someone is already parking there.

“I’ve been standing here for a good thirty minutes already….what took you two so long?” he asked and flicked my high bun.

“OUCH!” I said and fixed my hair again.

“This trouble twin slept too much….I even caught her dreaming and you can watch it here” Eun hee said and I looked at her in alarm.

“What the hell! MOUSE!” I said and she handed her phone to Dong min, who ran far away from us.

“You are really going to get it later” I told Eun hee and she just giggled.

This is how immature we can be and Eun hee is our queen. She always trips on me and Dong min and whenever we do crazy things to her, she’ll go ballistic to the point that she will not talk to us for a minute or two. Well, she cannot live without us, that’s why no matter how angry she is, she just it up.

“Ha! That smile is really epic! Plus the pillow tugging…I bet in your dream….you’re forcing a guy to have with you” Dong min said and they laughed so loud that

Please log in to read the full chapter