MR. AND MRS.

BOOK OF LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“You don’t get married for yourself, you get married because you’re better together than separate”

I was once a lost soul, trying to find myself in the wild. I played a lot, loved a lot, fooled many and hurt many as well. I told myself that love is going to be a real miss or hit thing for me coz for one, I don’t know what it really means, two, my heart falls deeply but goes out of its element in just a snap of a finger, and lastly, I’m in a world where my name rings the bell but is covering the sound of who I truly am.  Then one day, love came unexpectedly. At that moment, I actually thought that my heart is once again making a fool out of me for I’ve never expected that I’ll love again after a painful break-up. There’s this girl, who doesn’t care about the world and just live everyday as if she’s playing around. A girl who didn’t see me as a star, instead, she saw the real me and appreciated who I really am away from the fame and fortune. She turned my life upside down, she taught me how to live like a free bird in the sky, she let me experience the world without even thinking of the consequences of my actions. To sum it all up, she gave me a new life and made a better person out of me.

Now, that girl is already my wife. I don’t know how I should react, but I’m extremely happy for I’ve got my long time wish. Ishi Shin is no longer Ishi Shin. She’s now Mrs. Ishi Kwon and even though we didn’t have a lavish wedding, what’s important is that we were able to feel our love for each other even when cameras are all up on our faces and the people around us thinks that everything is just an act. Our ceremony is as casual as it can be, but it’s one of the most special moments of my life.

“Oppa…I’m on my way to the hotel already…I might drop by Dami-unnie’s boutique later” Ishi said on the phone.

We are now back in Seoul and as usual, we have arrived separately for we cannot be seen together yet. I actually can’t understand why the production even has to keep our filming when almost everybody knows about our upcoming appearance in We Got Married already. Actually, our unexpected team up is already the talk of the town for it’s all over the internet and the papers as well. Articles about us are a bit crazy and I know that Ishi is going insane once again because there are quite a lot who doesn’t want us as a pair. Oh well, that’s their opinion. What’s important is that, we are doing this together and we’re willing to take the risk for we know that at the end of all this, we’ll be free already.

“Alright…I’m just going to the YG studio for a while coz I have to check on our recordings and then…I’ll head to the civil registry office after” I told her.

“OK...See you there…love you!” she said and it made me smile.

“I love you too” I replied and it made her giggle.

As a matter of fact, I’m nervous about this. Well, I told them about our marriage already and they scolded me BIG TIME. I know that what I did was totally stupid, but what can I do? It’s all I ever wanted and my heart has taken over my mind already. My decision of getting that marriage contract is all too sudden, but my decision of getting married has been planned for a long time already and my family knows it so well.

“Omma...I have something important to say” I said nervously over the phone.

“Aigoo…are you and Ishi having problems? Why do you sound sad?” she asked worriedly.

“No Omma…Ishi and I are fine…we’re not having problems at all…things are going well” I answered and she sighed in relief.

“Then what is it? Yaaa…you’re making me worry…don’t hang Omma…just say what you want to say” she said and I pushed myself to speak even though my tongue is getting all tied up.

“Omma…is Appa beside you?” I asked and I know that my question made my mother more worried.

“Yes…actually…your noona is also here with the kids” she answered and she switched into speaker phone.

“Jiyong-ah! What’s the matter? Why do you sound so sad?” Dami-noona asked.

I know during that time, I’m freaking my family out already, so to pull them out of curiosity and worry, I’ve decided to just break the news to them without any introductions at all for it’s better to be straightforward than have twists and turns.

“Omma…Appa…Noona” I called and took a deep breath “Ishi and I…”

“Yah Kwon Jiyong! Just say it! There’s no need for you to hang us!” Noona exclaimed, making me more nervous.

“Ishi and I…we’re…..”

“WHAT?!” Noona almost damaged my eardrum.

“Ishi and I…we’re already married” I finally speak out.

There was a long silence after that. I know that it won’t process that easily in their minds, but I’m sure that they’ve heard me loud and clear. All I’m wishing for right now is for things to go well and for them not to go against this marriage.

“Jiyong-ah….April is still so far…why are you trying to fool us already?” Noona asked, making me smirk.

“I’m serious…Ishi and I are almost married already” I said and I heard Appa clear his throat.

“Yaa…what do you mean by almost married?” he asked and his deep voice is really scaring the hell out of me.

“We’ve already signed a marriage contract…all we need to do now is to register it” I answered nervously.

“OK…stop this foolishness baby brother…you already got us punk’d!” Noona said and it made me chuckle.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not fooling around? Noona…Omma…Appa…I’m telling the truth” I said again and that’s when it all sink in them.

“Why did you rush it? YAH! Is Ishi pregnant?” Appa asked in a scary tone.

“No Appa…she’s not…actually…this is just a sudden thought of mine and I was able to make things possible by the help of your friend from the civil registration office” I confessed and I know that my father will go ballistic any moment already.

“What? You asked Sung ho to process your marriage contract? Kwon Jiyong! Are you this crazy already? Are you even thinking when you did that? Huh? Did Ishi back you up in this?” Appa asked.

“Jiyong…do you even know what you’re about to enter? Are you even ready for this kind of responsibility?” Omma followed.

I’m being bombarded with questions and even though I’ve prepared for this, I just cannot pull things off for I don’t even know what to say to them anymore because I know that no matter how I explain my side, I’m still wrong for this is really a sudden and careless move.

“Omma…Appa…I know that what I did is totally careless…Yes…I asked Sung ho ajhussi to make things possible for me…and Ishi doesn’t know anything about it till yesterday….she actually thought that the contract that she signed during the filming is fake…and…I may look like I’m not yet ready for marriage…but…I’m so sure of myself…I’m already ready for this new chapter of my life...you all know so well how much I want to make Ishi as my wife…and I don’t want to let her slip through my fi

Please log in to read the full chapter