NamWoohyun-Sarang

❁Crimson Twilight Review Shop❁ {PAUSED/Finishing requests}

A University Dream
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/609356/a-university-dream-college-fluff-infinite-sunggyu-woogyu-woohyun

About: Woohyun(Infinite)+Sunggyu(Infinite), fluff, comedy, romance, college

Ahri
Finished 2/23/14

 

Title: 4/5 I have mixed feelings about your title. While I do love it for relating to your story greatly, it's a bit boring. I just don't find it interesting even though it's pretty original, but it's just dull.

 

Foreword: 8/10 I think it's more of the lack of vivid details, but your description seems really dull. It's doesn't make me want to read the story because the way you wrote it is like it's an essay. 'Sunggyu is ready to start a new life at the university of his dreams, with goals of making it big. The minute he steps into the university, though, his whole life is already changed, from his social status, to his (whatever you want to add in here). After many years, everything is finally going the way he wants it to, but is it too good to be true? Is everything that's happening just the calm before the storm?' would be better.

 

Plot: 20/20 I love it. While it does seem a bit cliché, it's also very creative at the same time. Perhaps it's the way you write the story, but I find it really enjoyable. While at first, judging from the foreword, it seemed like a story about a normal boy chasing his dreams, you add in friendship and romance to spice things up.

 

Characters: 20/20 The characters are really realistic and well-described. I love how you manage to describe Sunggyu's feelings despite using third-person POV since people who write in third-person POV tend to forget about character development and such.

 

Grammar and Spelling: 17/20 There are a lot of times where you would switch from past to present tense. Try to keep them the same. Other than that, the spelling is pretty good.

Chapter one, P(aragraph)4 "This left Sunggyu, who had spend many hours..." should be 'This left Sunggyu, who had spent many hours...'
2. P10 "Four more years,j and then he would be in college. But for now, Sunggyu's going to focus on high school." should be 'Four more years and then he would be in college, but for now, he was going to focus on high school.'

 

Flow: 15/15 The flow seems slow sometimes, but then you make it up by correcting it along the way as you write. Your flow is stable, but just a bit slow sometimes.

 

Enjoyment: 5/5 Full marks. I love the characters the most.

 

Structure: 4/5 Since I just read Roseline's review and your reply, I won't be taking points off your spacing. Sometimes you write numbers in number form. In a story, always write out numbers in word form. Also, you shouldn't reveal what's going to happen in the story in your author note since that takes away some of the suspense- like telling that Woohyun is going to be a jerk before the readers can even see him yet.

 

Overall: 93/100 While the plot and characters are amazing, the tense changes are just too much. In every paragraph, it changes a few times. Try to look over your work to make sure the tenses are the same.