Reunion

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

“Hi Mom, Dad.” I greeted as I entered my home.

“Hi Darling girl. Where’s Jace?” My mom asked.

“HI MOM!” Jace yelled from behind me.

“There~” I mumbled, walking pass the both of them.

“Hi Jace! Gosh~ I miss you!” My mom said, rubbing Jace’s cheeks.

“I miss you too! You gotta stay longer this time!” He said, hugging my mother.

“Ya~ So that he could always come for meals.” I said.

“I don’t mind.” My mom said.

“Psh~” I made a face at the both of them before heading to where my dad was.

“What are you watching?” I asked my dad as I slumped down beside him.

“Your boyfriend.” He said.

“Junnie?” I asked in surprised.

They were performing Fiction on a certain channel.

“Is this live?” I asked my dad.

“No idea. Is it?” He asked me.

“I don’t know.” I laughed.

“Nevertheless, they are good.” He said.

“Of course!” I smiled.

Jace jumped into the sofa, squeezing himself with us.

“Hi Dad!” He said.

“Hi Son.” My dad ruffled his hair.

“What is this?” He asked, looking at the television.

“What do you mean by ‘this’? They are Beast! Not ‘this’!” I said.

“Is no one coming to help me!?” My mom yelled.

“Coming!” Jace said, jumping out of the seat.

“Why is he so jumpy today?” My dad asked me.

“No idea. But he always behaves as thou he has a spring inside him, don’t he?” I said.

My dad nodded and we continued watching Beast.

“He looks tired. Rather, they all do.” My dad said.

“Schedule is hectic.” I said.

If this is live, then I guess it is more than just schedule that caused his tiredness. It might most probably be his period too. Why am I not with him when he needs it the most? As time passed, relatives started coming and we had our reunion dinner as a whole family. After dinner, we sat around to chat. I went into my room to give Junhyung a call.

“Hello?” He answered, sounding like he was asleep.

“Hi Love.” I said.

“DARLING!” He exclaimed.

“Hee~ Where are you?” I asked.

“Just finished our schedules, so we’re on the way back to the dorm.” He said.

“Oh~ You don’t sound too good.” I said.

“I guess I am tired.” He laughed dryly.

“Just tired?” I asked.

“Haha~ Can’t hide stuff from you. It hurts~” He whined.

“Did you take painkillers?” I asked.

“It’s not that unbearable. I guess I just need to lie down.” He sighed.

Junhyung’s POV

Haneul chatted with me on the phone all the way back to the dorm. How I miss her voice. Her voice is so comforting that whatever pain my body was experiencing disappeared almost instantly.

“Eat something warm and go to bed okay?” She said.

“Alright. By the way, happy new year.” I said.

“Same to you. Love you. See you soon.” She said.

“How is one, two months soon?” I asked, but she hung up already.

“Hyung, are you sure you’re okay alone? Why not you come home with me?” Kikwang asked.

“I’m fine. Every year is the same. Go on! You guys are going to be late if you keep dwelling.” I said.

The other boys were going home for the Lunar New Year. For me, my home is the dorm. In the past, I would be envious of them, but as the years passed, I just got used to it. They always offer me to join them, but how could I?

“The past few years you were okay, but this year you’re in pain.” Doojoon said.

“I’ll stay with you.” Dongwoon said.

“No! Go home! Seriously! All of you! Your parents are waiting!” I smiled.

“But Hyung~” Kikwang whined.

“Really, go on. I’m fine. I’ll eat something and sleep yea.” I assured them.

It took me long enough to get them out of the house. Once they left, quietness hit me like a brick on my head. I turned to the Duckie who was still hanging by its legs on the window rail.

“It’s just me and you.” I said, taking it down.

I threw myself onto the couch, rubbing my stomach to ease the pain.

“Are you hungry?” I asked the Duckie.

“You don’t eat.” I mumbled.

I got up and went to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and took out a packet of ramen. I stared at it for awhile before putting it back. I really wasn’t in any mood to eat. My stomach hurt so badly I couldn’t even stand straight. I went back to the room to lie down. The harder I tried to sleep, the more I couldn’t. I hugged the bolster close to my stomach in hope to keep myself warm, but it didn’t seem to really work.

“It hurts…” I told the Duckie.

I held it close to my cheek. I could smell Haneul on it. How I wish she was here with me. She always had her methods to ease my pain. It was times like this I felt extra lonely. I wiped off the tears that flowed unknowingly and forced myself to sleep despite the pain. I woke up several times because of the pain. I puked out whatever that I ate in the day until I have nothing left to puke anymore.

I took a glance at the clock as I went back to bed. It was close to 12AM. How many times have I woke up and fell asleep?

“Stop torturing me~” I mumbled, drifting off to sleep.

Just as I was about to drift into dreamland, I heard the faint sound of the front door open and close. Did I hear wrongly? The boys would not have come back so many hours later if they forgot something. I tried to sit up but I couldn’t. I ignored it and let myself drift off into sleep.

***

As I slept, I felt something warm touch my stomach. The warm feeling against my skin eased my pain. It was so soothing I felt the relief almost instantly. Was someone with me or am I dreaming it? I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn’t. My body didn’t allow me to, so I continued to sleep.

I clutch onto the Duckie tighter when I felt something try to pull it away from me.

"Don't..." I mumbled, holding it closer to my chest.

Whatever it was seemed to be wrestling with me for the Duckie. I kept pulling the Duckie back to me but I didn't have much strength to wrestle. I froze when I felt something massaging my thighs. I tried to move away, but the touch followed. It slowly went up to my crotch, circling my inner thigh with something that felt like a finger. What is happening? Was I dreaming or is there a ghost!?

“Nghhhh~ No…” I tried to get the touch off me, but it didn’t work.

I opened my eyes but all I saw was darkness, as thou someone was covering my eyes with something.

Did some crazy fan girl break into our dorm and decide to me!? No way!

“Please…. Don’t….” I cried and struggled, but thanks to the cramp, I didn’t have much strength to actually move.

I am certain I am not dreaming. There is someone else here in the room with me, but who? It can’t be the boys, they are away. It can’t be our manager; he wouldn’t touch me like this. Haneul is out of town. I am alone. Who is that!? The person slipped his/her hand into my pants and grabbed my inner thigh. I flinched and tried to sit up but was pushed down instead. The person blew air into my ear, causing me to shiver.

“Ughhhh~ No…. Please…” I begged as I felt the person’s hand rubbing my crotch through the thin fabric of my underwear.

I unconsciously moaned. I bit my tongue to suppress myself but my body’s natural reaction was stronger than my willpower. I grew hard at the person’s touch. I felt so embarrassed and apologetic towards Haneul.

“Please!!! NO!!!" I shouted.

The person covered my mouth.

"I have a girlfriend! Please!! NO!!” I cried out despite my voice being muffled, letting my tears spill.

The person laughed. The laughter sounded very familiar. The person took her hand out from my pants and removed whatever that was covering my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw her smiling down at me.

“Hi Love~” She said, wiping away the tears that stained my cheeks.

HANEUL!? Was I dreaming or is this real?

I stared at her, stunned.

“You.. Why.. How..” I mumbled.

“What is it?” She asked, smiling at me.

“I thought… You said.. One month..” I stuttered.

“Did I say such things?” She laughed, kissing me on my cheek.

“Need help with that?” She asked me, staring at the tent that formed in my pants.

I covered myself and buried my face into the pillow. She smacked my and laughed, turning me over to face her.

“That sentence was really…. Heartwarming.” She said, crashing her lips against mine.

We broke apart and I stared at her.

“How could you do this to me!? Do you know how scared I was!?” I shouted.

“Why? Scared that some crazy would come and you?” She laughed.

I frowned at her and she just laughed.

“Alright, sorry! I was so bored watching you sleep, so I thought I’ll just tease you. I never expected you to cry like this.” She said.

“I thought I let you down! Cheated on you or something!” I shouted.

“Does it still hurt?” She changed the subject.

“What?” I asked.

“Your stomach. Does it still hurt?” She asked, rubbing my stomach with her warm palms.

“Better now.” I said.

“Have you eaten? Or did you throw up everything?” She asked.

“I threw up.” I said.

“I knew it. Do you still want to sleep?” She asked.

I shook my head. How would I want to sleep when she’s here?

“Then come, let’s eat!” She said, helping me up.

“Eat what?” I asked.

“Our reunion dinner!” She smiled.

I walked out and saw a table full of food.

“Sorry, I didn’t cook this.” She said, sitting in front of me.

“Eat up. I know you don’t have much appetite now, but still, at least eat a little.” She said, putting a piece of meat in my bowl.

Haneul’s POV

Junhyung ate really slowly. He seemed to be poking the food instead of really eating. Was he in so much pain he couldn’t even eat?

“Are you okay?” I asked, putting down my chopsticks.

He nodded, looking down.

“I didn’t mean to tease you like that just now.” I said, afraid that he might get offended.

He shook his head.

“It’s not that.” His voice cracked.

“Then what is it?” I asked, switching seats to sit beside him.

“For five years..” He mumbled.

He couldn’t even continue his words. He buried his face into his palms and cried.

“What is it? Why are you crying? Hey, please. Don’t cry.” I hushed him.

I pulled him close to me. He buried his face into my shoulders, soaking my sleeve with his tears.

“No one cries on Lunar New Year.” I said.

“For five years… I have been alone.” He choked out.

“Everyone else had their families, whereas I am just alone. I said it was okay, I am used to it, but deep down, it to be lonely! I envied every single one of them! No one wished me a happy new year. No one ate reunion dinner with me.” He cried.

I smiled, his back.

“Aren’t I back now?” I said.

“Thank you.” He mumbled.

“Don’t be. I meant to come back to spend reunion with you. I am a little late thou, sorry.” I apologized.

He shook his head.

“You don’t know how much this means to me.” He said, wiping his tears away from his face.

“I don’t know that. But I know if you don’t start to eat, our reunion dinner would become Lunar New Year’s breakfast.” I said, feeding him a scoop of rice.

He smiled and ate whatever I fed him. He couldn’t eat much neither did I force him to. We went back to his room after food. He lied down while I sat beside him, holding a heat pack on his stomach.

“You told me one, two months.” He pouted.

I laughed, not knowing what to say.

“Do you know how sad I was?” He said.

“I know.” I said.

“And then you did it still?” He asked.

“It was your punishment.” I said.

“You’re so cruel.” He said.

“But you love me still. Blame who?” I asked.

He smiled slightly and held onto my hand.

“Although your way of announcing your arrival is really shocking, but still, thank you very much.” He said.

“What is shocking?!” I laughed.

“You let yourself in and then you started touching me! You still held me down, not allowing me to move! Isn’t that shocking?” He asked.

“Well, if I didn’t do that, I wouldn’t be able to hear what you said.” I smiled.

“But still, don’t scare me like this next time. I thought it was a ert or what.” He mumbled.

 “Luckily I knew you were on your period, or else if I slipped my hand into your boxer, I think I would fainted.” I said.

He looked at me, not saying anything.

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean it that way.” I said hurriedly.

He smiled and started laughing.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. I was just picturing the scene.” He said.

He pulled me to lie down beside him, but I still kept the heat pack on his stomach.

“Aren’t you tired from the flight?” He asked.

“Very.” I said.

“Then sleep.” He said, turning the light off.

We were silent for awhile. I almost drifted off into sleep until he started talking.

“I’m not dreaming, right?” He asked.

“Of course not, Silly.” I mumbled.

“Thank you for coming back.” He said.

“Don’t say thank you. Now, sleep.” I said.

He kissed me on my cheek and hugged me tighter.

“I love you.” He said.

“Me too.” I mumbled, before blacking out totally.