Lovely surprise

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

“AHHHHHH!!! BEAST!!! BEAST!!!” I yelled like a crazy fan girl along with everyone else when Beast came on stage.

“Who is your favourite member?” One of the girl beside me suddenly asked.

“Huh? Oh. Junhyung.” I said with a smile.

“Ah same! My boyfriend!” She said.

‘Yea right. He’s legally MINE.’ I thought.

“Hahaha! Good for you!” I smiled and continued to cheer on them.

It was different watching them from backstage and here. I could openly jump and cheer here, but backstage I had to keep my cool. I screamed like crazy when they ended.

‘Did you watch me?’ A text message from Junhyung came in.

‘Watch what?’ I replied, smiling to myself.

Of course I did not tell Junhyung I would be coming. After the incident yesterday, he didn’t invite me to watch him anymore. I guess he was afraid I would go around feeling inferior all over again and then he have to come up with another ‘why you are beautiful and I only love you’ speech.

‘You didn’t? It’s okay.’ He replied.

‘You performed today? Sorry, I am out shopping ><’ I replied.

‘It’s fine. Have fun. I’ll call you later.’ He replied.

Such replies mean ‘I am really sad now’. I smiled to myself and kept my phone.

I continued enjoying the show. They appeared again and this time, JUNHYUNG SANG! That stranger girl and I were literally yelling and slapping each other as thou we were friends for ten years. How strange of me to actually do that.

“HE IS GOOD!!! HE IS GOOD!! RIGHT!!?” She yelled.

“YES!! OH MY GOD!!” I yelled back.

‘One sentence and you’re going crazy? He serenaded a whole song to me.’ I thought to myself.

What a lucky fan girl am I, seriously. How I wish I can scream out loud that he is my boyfriend and make all the girls around me jealous.

“What are they doing?” I asked the girl when she suddenly tensed up and all the artists appeared on stage.

“They are presenting an award.” She said.

“What award? To who?” I asked.

“You don’t know!?” She looked at me in disbelieve.

“I really don’t.” I said.

“KBS Song of the Year!” She said excitedly.

“Oh. Is Beast in the list?” I asked.

“Yes! They were leading but it seems like they are falling behind.” She said nervously.

“Ah really?” I said, feeling nervous myself as well.

The man who was supposed to give out the award made an extremely long speech in which I understood none of it. My eyes were glued onto Junhyung. So handsome, that fellow.

“And the award goes to……” The man finally said.

The girl beside me literally squeezed my hand as thou I was some stress ball.

“BEAST! FICTION!” He said into the mic.

“KYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled, together with everyone.

We were jumping up and down. I’ve never felt like this before. It was just amazing, the entire feeling.

“Bye!” I shouted to the girl before grabbing my stuff and running off.

Junhyung’s POV

“Congratulations!” Seungho Hyung said.

“Thank you, Hyung.” I said.

“Congratulations!” People who walked passed us greeted and patted our backs.

We got an award, but Haneul isn’t here to see it. If she’s here, it’ll be perfect.

When we finally got back to our waiting room, we cheered and literally went crazy for awhile before calming down.

“Can I have the trophy?” I asked.

“Sure. Want to take a photo?” Doojoon said, passing it to me.

“Yea.” I said.

“For Haneul?” He asked.

I smiled and nodded.

“Why didn’t you invite her today?” He asked.

“I don’t wish for what happened yesterday to happen again. Besides, she’s out shopping. So yea..” I said.

“Oh..” He nodded his head and smiled at me.

I sat at the corner, trying to take the perfect photo to send to her, but for some reason, I just looked weird.

“Hyung! Are you done with it!?” Kikwang asked.

“Wait! I haven’t even taken it yet!” I shouted.

“You’ve been meddling at it for ten minutes!” He complained.

“Wait!!!” I shouted back.

He grumbled something I couldn’t hear but a knock on the door cut him off.

“Who’s that?” Doojoon asked as he approached the door to open it.

Even before he could reach the door knob, the door flew open, almost knocking him in his nose. The person who ran in shocked the hell out of me. Haneul!?

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!!” She yelled and crashed into me, hugging me really, really tight.

We both fell onto the floor, but she still didn’t let go.

“OH MY GOD!!! SONG OF THE YEAR!!! SONG OF THE FREAKING YEAR!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!” She cupped my face and kissed me all over.

“HANEUL!?” I stared at her.

“AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed as she rubbed my cheeks.

“I… I…” I stuttered, totally not expecting to see her here.

“YOU DID SO WELL!!!!!” She shouted.

“Where did you….” I mumbled but she cut me off with a kiss on my lips.

“Ahem!” We broke apart when we heard that.

“Seems like to Haneul, Beast only consists of Yong Junhyung, Yong Junhyung, Yong Junhyung, Yong Junhyung, Yong Junhyung  and Yong Junhyung.” Hyunseung said.

“And erm… This posture is.. Very.. Wrong~” Yoseob said, covering his eyes.

Haneul was on top of me and we both had our legs spread apart. Indeed, it was really wrong.

She kissed me again before getting up and then pulling me up.

“I thought you were shopping?” I said, unable to hide my smile.

“You said it, I am best at lying.” She smiled.

“Don’t we get a congratulatory hug too?” Dongwoon said.

Haneul looked at me and I shook my head.

“He said I can’t.” She said.

“Come on, Hyung! It’s so mean of you!” Yoseob whined.

Haneul went over to them and gave them each a hug. I pulled her back and hugged her really tightly.

“I have to get all their scent away from you.” I said.

“We aren’t some werewolves! What scent!” She smacked my arm.

“Wait, how did you get in here?” Dongwoon asked.

Haneul bit her lips and looked down.

“You don’t want to know.” She said.

I raised my brow at Haneul.

“Please don’t tell me you knocked out the security.” I said.

“NO! Am I such a person! I just.. lied a little.. Sneak a little.. Yea~” She said.

I shook my head while the rest just laughed.

I wanted to go celebrate with her only but the boys insisted that we should go together, so did Haneul. Apparently, since Haneul said it, I don’t think I have a say in it anymore, so I just followed. We went to the restaurant we frequent and ordered food enough to feed 300 people. We were eating and chattering like a family. Haneul fitted in really well. The boys love her, I am glad.

“Haneul ah, eat… Eh? Where’s Haneul?” I asked.

“She was here just now.” Doojoon said.

“And the young ones are gone too.” Hyunseung said.

“Oh my god.” I mumbled.

I saw Haneul, Yoseob, Kikwang and Dongwoon at a corner, with their backs facing me, playing some weird games and gulping down cups and cups of Soju.

“STOP DRINKING!!!” I yelled as I got up.

“Yah!!!” I shouted at them.

They turned to me and grinned. They were obviously drunk, including Haneul!

“Yah!” I shook her.

“Junhyung ah!” She yelled as she cupped my face.

“Aigoo!!! Why are your cheeks so rubbery?” She asked as she pulled my cheeks like some rubber band.

“What did you three do to my girl!?” I frowned.

“HYUNG!!! IT’S NOT US!!!” Yoseob whined before falling against my shoulder.

“Junhyung ah! Let them be. Come and eat.” Hyunseung said.

“Stop drinking, all of you!” I said.

I counted the bottles of Soju they finished. Seven!? When did they even order so much Soju without our knowledge!?

I left the three to hug themselves while I dragged Haneul away.

“Eat something.” I held her as she sat up.

“No~” She laughed.

“Yes. Come, eat.” I said, shoving a lettuce wrap into .

She chewed while snuggling her face into my chest.

“You smell good.” She mumbled.

“I do?” I asked.

“Like samgyupsal.” She said.

Doojoon and Hyunseung laughed like crazy while I looked away in embarrassment.

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“I want to bite you.” She said, smiling at me.

“No.” I push her head to let her lie down on my lap.

“I want!!” She whined.

“No. Be good.” I said as I ate.

“Sleep okay? You’re tired.” I pat her back.

The next thing I know, she lifted up my shirt and bite me hard on my stomach.

“OWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed.

“WHAT!?” Doojoon and Hyunseung stared at me.

“HANEUL AH!!! STOP!!” I tried to push her away but she was like a vampire.

“Not nice.” She pouted at me.

“Owww~” I rubbed my stomach.

There was a dark red mark on my stomach together with her teeth marks.

“Ouch~” Hyunseung said, making a face at me.

“She’s dangerous when she’s drunk huh~” Doojoon said.

“She’s dangerous all the time.” I mumbled.

She fell asleep on my lap. She looked so peaceful as if nothing happened.

The three of us ate and chatted for awhile more before we left.

“You know her address? We’ll send her back.” Doojoon said as he tried to hold up Dongwoon and Yoseob while Hyunseung struggled with Kikwang.

“Actually, I want to walk with her.” I said.

“Walk? With her?” Doojoon eyed me.

“I mean, walk, with her, on my back.” I laughed.

“Is it far? When are you going to reach? It’s late already, aren’t you tired?” He said.

“I am, but I want to spend some time with her.” I said.

“Mmm.. Okay then. If you get too tired, flag for a cab yea.” He said.

I nodded. I carried Haneul on my back and started walking.

“Haneul, are you awake?” I asked as I walked.

“Mmmmm~” She mumbled.

“Haneul ah, thank you.” I said.

“Welcome~” She said in a slur.

“You really surprised me. I was so disappointed when you said you were shopping, you know?” I said.

“Mmmm~” She mumbled.

“But did you watch our performance?” I asked.

“Yeaaaaa~” She said.

“How did you come so fast?” I asked.

“……….. audience.” I could only make out that word.

“You were part of the audience?” I asked.

“Mmmm~” She nodded.

I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

She pat my cheek and snuggled closer to my neck.

“Love you…” I heard her say.

“I love you too.” I said.

“You’re…. handsome.. Today.” She said.

“Today only?” I asked.

“Every.. day.” She mumbled.

“Are you tired?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Sleep then. I’ll walk slower, okay?” I said.

She nodded.

“Duckie…” She said.

“What?” I asked.

“Duck…ie…” She mumbled.

“You want the Duckie? Where is it? Your bag?” I asked as I searched into her bag.

“Here.” I said, handing it to her.

She rubbed the Duckie on my face.

“What are you doing?” I laughed.

“He says.. Congrats..” She mumbled.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Give it a kiss.” She pressed the Duckie against my lips.

“What kind?” I asked.

“French.” She laughed.

“EWWWW!!!” I shook my head.

“Quick! French!!” She insisted.

I put her down onto a bench. She looked at me with half opened eyes.

“Kiss him!” She pouted, shoving the Duckie into my face.

I gave the Duckie a peck and stuffed him into my back pocket.

“French kiss, is only for you.” I said as I brushed her lips with my thumb.

She smiled widely, looking away.

I cushioned her back with my arm as I pushed her back onto the bench, pressing her down lightly with my knee before attacking her lips. She put her arms around my waist and held onto me tight as we kissed.

“Thank you for the lovely surprise.” I whispered.

“Only for you.” She mumbled as pulled me down, kissing me further.