Endless bullying

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

It has been a week since the report about Junhyung and I went public. We have not been able to meet yet because Junhyung is still away. I lived my life as per normal, trying hard to smile my day through but it wasn't that easy to do after all. Every waking moment was a torture for me. It has come to a point where the bullying isn’t just simply bullying anymore. These people want me dead. Is it so wrong to love? What have we done to receive such treatments? We were just in love.

Whenever Junhyung got bullied, I’ll tell him to fight back, to be a man. But he always told me he had six reputations to protect and just smiled it off. I never understood him, but now I do. It is difficult to even raise your voice knowing that your next action would destroy someone else’s life. I rather get bullied than to destroy the life Junhyung built from scratch.

“I thought you were a fighter, why are you so quiet now?!” One of the girls yelled as she shoved me to the corner. This one again.

I mentally kicked and punched her as well as stab her eyes. Is bullying that fun?

“Why? Trying to be all quiet, gentle and innocent to seduce the other Oppas is it!?” She said, pulling my hair.

“Let me go.” I said.

“Ha! Let you go? People like you should be dead! How dare you seduce our Junhyung Oppa! You good for nothing !” She said, punching me in my stomach.

I smiled at her, earning a slap from her.

“Smile huh! I’ll see if you still can smile later on.” She said, gesturing one of her ‘follower’ over.

Two girls walked forward, holding a pail of water in their hands.

“Since you’re so thick skinned and proud, let’s see if this will melt your skin a little.” She smirked.

My eyes widened when I saw smoke from the pail of water.

“Don’t… Please..” I said, backing away.

They kept walking towards me, closing in on me. I froze when I felt the wall. I had nowhere to run. I was doomed this time.

“Perhaps, you want to try going pass the wall?” She said.

“Please.. What did I do wrong?” I asked, biting my lips to prevent myself from crying.

“What did you do wrong?! HOW DARE YOU ASK!?” She screamed, grabbing my hair.

We glared at each other. She yanked my hair harder.

“Well, I guess if you were to die today, you have the rights to know what you did wrong. Alright, I’ll tell you. First, you seduced Junhyung Oppa when I clearly told you to stay away from him. You didn’t heed my advice. Second, you betrayed your friend. You knew she was in love with Junhyung Oppa, yet you took the chance to slip your filthy self in between them! Lastly, I TOLD YOU I WOULD KILL YOU!” She yelled.

“Are you kidding me!? When did I slip myself in between them?! When did she and Junhyung even start!?” I yelled back.

“Yell now, you may not have the voice to do so later. Betrayer! ! !” She spat into my face.

She backed away, smiling at me as the two girls holding the pail came closer to me. I shook my head, pleading them to stop. People around were cheering them on.

“Let me do it.” I heard a voice say.

I watch as my friend walked closer to with a smirk plastered on her face.

“Please..” I mumbled.

“Please? Ha! You said please? Wah~ The almighty Haneul is actually begging?” She said.

“What did I do wrong!?” I yelled, letting my tears spill.

“You being alive is already the biggest error.” She said, poking my chest.

Before I could react, I felt a wave of scorching hot water burn my skin. I bit my lips so hard I could taste the blood in my mouth. I fell to the floor, unable to even say anything.

“GO TO HELL!!” She screamed, throwing the pail onto my head.

She started kicking me and the other bystanders joined in the fun. They started pouring water and rubbish onto me. I curled up on the floor, hugging myself and sobbing.

“!”

“!”

“Good for nothing!”

“Go to hell!”

“You don’t deserve Junhyung Oppa!”

“How dare you seduce him!”

“You must have cursed Junhyung Oppa for him to fall for you!”

Junhyung, I’ll protect you no matter what. This is my promise to you.

I must have passed out, because when I woke up, there was no one else around. I tried to stand up but I couldn’t. I looked at my body and saw bruises as well as dried blood. My skin was still red and scalded from the hot water. I forced myself up and picked up my bag. I looked at the time, it was already 9PM.

Luckily the side gate was still open. I limped out of school and manage to get onto a cab. The cab driver stared at me as thou I wasn’t human.

“Don’t worry. I’m human.” I said, smiling at him slightly.

I told him the address of the bookstore.

“Miss.. But I think you should go to the hospital..” He said.

I shook my head and told him to go to the bookstore instead.

I must have fallen asleep because the driver shook me with a worried face.

“Miss.. Are you really okay?” He asked.

There are still some nice people around I guess.

I nodded and paid him. I stumbled out of the cab. I dragged myself up the road leading to the bookstore. I struggled to stay awake at every step I took. I felt so sleepy I could just collapse and fall asleep. My sight blurred and I was starting to feel breathless. I felt something at my throat. I spit it out on my palm. It was red. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen area but I couldn’t let myself pass out on the streets.

I forced myself as far as I could. Just as when I was reaching the bookstore, my body surrendered. My legs gave way and I ended up crashing my knees onto the hard concrete ground. I guess this was it. I closed my eyes and let myself fall. I braced myself for the impact, but it never came. Instead, I felt as thou a pair of arms caught me. Was I dreaming? Was I already dead?

I felt something shake me. Is this how it feels like when someone is about to die? My world started shaking and spinning. I heard a lot of noises but I couldn’t make out any of it. But one thing I was sure of, I felt peaceful and comfortable. I snuggled closer to whatever that was holding me.

“Don’t!!!” I made out a word out of the string of words the voice said.

I opened my eyes slightly. Is that Junhyung? Is it true that when you are on the verge of death, your life flashes back in front of you? Is this why I am seeing Junhyung now? He is my life.

“Jun..nie..” I choked out.

“… stay… me…!!!” I heard the voice yell.

Illusions not only can talk, they smell and feel similar too. How cool~

I reached out my hand, trying my luck to see if I could actually touch ‘him’. And I did. I felt him.

“Love.. you..” I mumbled.

“…. PLEASE!! .. Darling!!” I heard him say.

“… bye..” I mumbled.

I felt a wave of giddiness hit me. I closed my eyes. I heard more yelling before darkness took over me. Was I gone? Just like that? Death isn’t painful at all, in fact, it was pretty heartwarming. At least I got to see Junhyung before I actually go. I guess it was enough. What more can I ask for?

Goodbye.