Short break

I'm Different

Two weeks to wedding

Haneul’s POV

“What’s that?” Junhyung asked as he stepped in, pointing to the hammock near the balcony.

“A hammock.” I said.

“I know. I mean, for what? When did you buy it?” He asked.

“Just now. Pretty cool, right?” I said.

He nodded, removing his socks.

“Yea, but what for?” He asked.

“Oh. For the kids. You know, kids love things like that.” I said, kissing him on his cheek.

“How’s your day?” I asked.

“The same.” He smiled weakly.

“Go try it on and tell me if it’s comfortable!” I said, pushing him towards the hammock.

“I don’t think so. I might break it.” He laughed.

“Come on, you wouldn’t. It is okay if you don’t trust my building skills, but at least trust the one who made this. I merely followed instructions.” I said, pushing it down for him to get on.

“I don’t want to break it before the kids can even see it.” He said.

“You wouldn’t. It’s very stable! See!” I pushed the hammock roughly.

He gave in and got on the hammock. I tossed him a soft toy to hug and put a cushion under his head.

“Is it comfortable?” I asked, rocking him gently.

He nodded.

“Okay, time to get up.” He said, sitting up.

“Eh eh!” I stopped him.

“Yes?” He looked at me.

“Just lie down! How can you judge whether something is comfortable or not when you’ve not even been on it for five minutes?” I pouted.

“But Lionny, there’s lots to do.” He said.

“Just help me test it out! If it’s not comfortable enough, at least I can get it changed!” I said.

“Fine, fine.” He lied back down.

I sat on the couch beside, rocking him gently as we talked about the wedding preparations.

“I got the food settled already.” He said.

“Yeap. Alright.” I said.

“And the renovation people called.” He said.

“What renovation people?” I asked.

“Our house.” He said.

“Oh, and what did they say? Too big to renovate? Need ten years?” I .

“No hahaha~ It’s not that big, come on.” He laughed.

“It is huge, Junroro. You’re a mad man.” I said, thinking back at the mansion he showed me.

“I’m still thinking if we should consider another one. Seems small, the more I think about it.” He said.

“It’s big enough to fit your kampong and my kampong, alright!?” I kicked his through the hammock.

“Oww! HAHAHAHAHA KAMPONG!” He whined and laughed at the same time.

“You’re mad.” I said.

“I’m not. You see, a room each for Tae Hyun, Ji Eun and our baby. Our room. Your parents room. A room or two for the Beast boys to stay over if they want. Another room or two for MBLAQ. A room for Jace, another for Ahjumma, and some for the other kids. And maybe we’ll have more than one child? So we need another five on standby. It’s not enough!” He said.

“Why not we buy a building, hmm?” I said.

“A building! Why didn’t I think of that!?” He said, sounding serious.

“You’re not serious, aren’t you!?” I stood up, looking at him.

“Of course I am!” He took out his phone.

“Aish! You’re mad!” I snatched his phone and tossed it aside.

“Beast and MBLAQ will not be staying permanently, and even if they do, all they need is two guest rooms. Tae Hyun, Ji Eun and baby can sleep together for goodness. My parents, if they stay over, they can stay in either one of the two guest rooms. Ahjumma and Jace and whatever kids you’re talking about, they can stay together too! So apparently, all we need is three guest rooms. Not everyone will come and stay in our house at the same time. They have their own homes, for goodness.” I said.

“How about our five other babies? Eight kids cannot stay in one room. It’s too cramp. They’ll not grow properly.” He said.

“Who said you’re going to have another five more babies?” I asked, pulling down the hammock slightly so we can see each other.

“We’re not?” He asked.

“What do you take me for?” I asked.

“A beautiful wife?” He said.

I looked away, and then back at him.

“Still, no five babies. This one is enough.” I said, pointing to my belly.

“WHY!? It’s not enough! He or she would be lonely!” He pouted.

“He or she will have Tae Hyun and Ji Eun.” I said.

“But everyone wants a younger brother or sister!” He said.

“And so?” I asked.

“So as parents, we have to make our kids happy!” He said.

“You mean, make you happy?” I asked.

“What?” He bit his lower lip.

“Until the day they find out how to impregnate men, we’re not having another five babies.” I said.

“But baby would be sad!” He pouted.

 “Baby wouldn’t be sad. Everyone wants to be the maknae for goodness.” I said.

“Whatever! We’ll ask baby when he or she is born, let’s go back to our topic. You see, it’s not enough. I intend to keep a permanent room for your parents. Not some guest room.” He said.

“And yours?” I asked.

“What mine?” He asked.

“Your parents, your brother, don’t they get a room?” I asked.

“They don’t need a room.” He said softly.

“Junroro~” I poked his leg.

We were silent for a while, until I changed the topic.

“But how long did they say the renovations would take?” I asked.

“A few months, but I asked them to hurry.” He said.

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

“No.” He said.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

He looked up slightly, and then gestured me over.

I went to him and he took my hand into his.

“It’s not your fault. I know you meant well. I just… I don’t know. After that day, I don’t know how to look at them anymore.” He said.

“It’s fine. Give it some time, some thought, and everything will be fine.” I said, kissing his forehead.

I continued to rock him as we chatted about the other preparations; guests list, venue, flowers, clothes, accommodations and so on.

“I’ll book them hotel rooms…. Your relatives…. And friends…  Their air tickets… I’ll pay for it too…” He mumbled.

“We don’t have to give them a package deal or something like that. We’ll pay for their accommodation, but air tickets they can afford.” I said.

“It’s not nice…” He said.

“Should we book them a day tour around Seoul too?” He asked.

“Are we a tour agency!?” I yelled.

“No.” He said.

“Spend the money on something else, like milk powder and diapers or what.” I grumbled.

He laughed, the kind of laughter that tells me he is going to fall asleep very soon.

I stole a glance at him. His eyes were closed.

“I have money for that… Just… I want those who come to our wedding… To be memorable.” He said.

“I mean… I want our wedding to be memorable for them… And your friends and family fly from so far…. It’s just the least we can do… since we can afford it.” He said.

“Not everyone deserves such royal treatment.” I said.

“Why? Do you not like them?” He asked.

“Some.” I said.

“Then for that some people, they’ll pay everything on their own.” He laughed.

“Sounds like a good idea.” I smiled.

“But since you hate them, why invite them?” He asked.

“I don’t have a say in everything.” I pouted.

“Ouh… It’s okay… Point out who you don’t like on that day, and I’ll bring the boys… to get back on them.” He said.

“What are you going to do?” I asked.

“Don’t know… Don’t serve them food… And… zzzzzz…” He started snoring softly.

“Right… And you’re going to snore in their face?” I asked, poking his cheek lightly.

I did not buy the hammock for the kids. Well, they can have fun on it in future, but the main reason why I bought it was for him. He have not been sleeping or eating well. He tries to keep it from me, but we sleep on the same bed every night. There is nothing about him I do not know, no matter how hard he tries to keep it from me.

He could not sleep well at night. He wakes up many times, and each time he wakes up, I know. Sometimes I pretend to be asleep, sometimes I would pretend to be awaken by him and try hush him back to sleep. He is not eating well and his schedules are more hectic than usual. His fatigue is written all over his face.

While most fans took our marriage positively, I know there are some fans on Twitter and other internet platform that are attacking him with mean words, curses and threats. He does not complain to me about them, and even tries to deny it whenever I ask, but I have eyes and enough sense to know. I also have access to whatever accounts he has online. It is not difficult to find out after all.  

With our wedding nearing, the stress from whatever he is facing with the fans just builds up. To start with, Junhyung worries a lot. He worries that the wedding would not go smoothly as plan, such as, anti-fans creating chaos, no food for the guest, no pastor for our wedding, no this, no that, the stage would fall, I would fall, he would fall, the floor would collapse, anything that can go wrong, whether it makes sense or not, he will worry about it. He cannot seem to calm down and just take it easy.

Every day I try to get him to put our wedding preparations aside and just go play some games online or what, but he refuses. I try to calm him, try to talk to him, but he hears nothing at all. He has something new to worry about every day.

I happened to see online that sleeping on a hammock would make one sleep better and deeper because of the gentle rocking and so on. Sounds insane, but I immediately went to buy one. I was desperate to let him sleep well, at least for one night, or even a few hours. True enough, with a bit of pointless talking and a few gentle rocks, he was snoring already. Now I will just have to wait and see how long he would be asleep. If he could sleep pass three hours on the hammock, I am going to come up with some sort of nonsense everyday just to get him on it.

I was doing my work in the room when I heard the front door click open.

“Oh. Hi.” I said, staring at my parents.

“We knocked, like countless times.” My mom said.

“I was in the room, sorry.” I made way for them to come in.

“How are you?” My dad asked.

“Do I not look good?” I asked.

“You look fantastic.” He ruffled my hair.

“But why is it so warm in here?” He asked.

“Warm? Oh my lala!” I ran to grab the air conditioner remote, turning on the air conditioner quickly.

“What is a hammock doing here and why are all the windows closed? Why is Junhyung perspiring so much? Is he sick?” My mom asked, wiping Junhyung’s forehead.

“No no no. I forgot to turn on the air-con for him.” I bit my lower lip, looking away in embarrassment.

“You mean you closed the windows and the door, with no fan or air-con , you let your husband sleep outside here in the heat?” My mom asked.

“I forgot. Sorry.” I looked at Junhyung whose cheeks were flushed from the heat.

“How could you forget?” My mom scolded, fanning Junhyung with a piece of paper.

“But while I left him to sleep in the heat, at least I know this thing works.” I said, rocking the hammock gently.

“Why? Is everything okay?” My dad asked.

“With me, it’s perfectly fine. With him, no.” I said.

My parents looked at me.

“No, we didn’t argue. I mean, we do. But nothing big, and this is not the point.” I said.

“So what is the point?” My mom asked.

“He’s stressed out.” I said.

“Over?” My dad asked.

“Everything. Everything is stressing him out. The wedding, the fans, the work, the sky, the grass, the roads, everything.” I said.

My parents laughed.

“I’m not kidding.” I pouted.

“He’s too stressed out for his own good.” I said.

“Not everyone is like you. I don’t know how you do it, but sometimes it worries us the fact you’re not complaining or showing signs of stress at all. I mean, it’s good, but we cannot help but wonder how you manage all those stress, or do you even feel any?” My dad asked.

“Of course I do. I just don’t let it get over me. And I work well under pressure.” I said, handing water to my parents.

“Well, you cannot be under too much pressure for now.” My mom said, eyeing my slightly protruding belly.

I shrugged my shoulders and stared at the sleeping Junhyung. I guess the hammock really works. Despite the heat, he is in such a deep sleep. Now I have to crack my brain to come up with excuses to get him on it.

“He sleeps like a baby.” My mom said, poking Junhyung’s cheek lightly.

“Come on, you know babies don’t sleep like that.” My dad laughed.

“Tsk!” My mom shot her famous glare and my dad shut up.

“Babies cry every half an hour. How he slept the past weeks would be how a baby sleeps, except he don’t cry.” I said.

“The stress is so bad he can’t even sleep?” My mom asked.

“He can’t sleep, he can’t eat, he can’t do anything but worry.” I said.

“But this hammock is magic. He slept past two hours for the first time in weeks. I should try sleeping on it someday.” I said.

“NO!” My parents yelled in unison.

When they realized they were too loud, they covered their mouth and turn over to Junhyung who stirred slightly. My mom put her hand on his chest, patting him lightly like a baby.

“Hahahaha stop it. He’s not a baby.” I laughed.

“Come. Let’s talk.” My mom said, pulling me to the room.

“Dad, you have the responsibility of making sure Junhyungie doesn’t wake up anytime sooner. Rock him like how you rock your daughter in the past.” My mom said as she pulled me along.

“But… but… fine.” My dad grumbled.

“Thanks, Dad.” I smiled before following my mom into the room.

“You’re not allowed on that hammock, understand?” My mom said.

“Yea, yea.” I answered.

“Don’t ‘yea, yea’ me. I’m serious. You know how you sleep. And speaking about that, you have to start switching your sleeping position. You can’t be sleeping on your stomach still.” She said.

“Junhyung will turn me over when it happens.” I laughed.

“He’s so sweet.” My mom laughed.

“I cannot believe my baby is getting married, and to add to that, she’s expecting a baby too.” My mom said, holding my hand.

“Neither did I.” I laughed.

“You didn’t?” She asked.

“I didn’t expect myself to be getting married to a baby. I mean, just look at him! Don’t you want to bite his cheeks and put him in your pocket?” I asked.

My mom laughed, slapping my thigh in the process.

“Exactly how I feel every time I see Junhyung. He just got that stupid innocent look plastered permanently on his face.” My mom giggled.

“He’s not innocent.” I said.

“I know. He got you pregnant.” My mom said.

“MOM!” I pouted.

“Just kidding! He’s innocent, in some way or another~” My mom pinched my cheek.

“Let’s see, my baby girl is getting married to a baby boy. They adopted two babies and are expecting another one. A family of five babies.” My mom smiled.

“It’s going to be chaos.” I laughed.

“I can already picture the scene.” My mom smiled.

“But you have to remember, you have to treat your husband like how you would treat your own flesh and blood.” She said.

“What?” I looked at her.

She nodded.

“They are really just babies. All guys are just babies, no matter how old they are.” She said.

“Are you saying Daddy is a baby too?” I chuckled.

“Does he not behave like one?” My mom asked.

“True.” I nodded.

“Getting married and dating or even just staying together is two different things altogether. You get married not to get divorce, therefore you can’t just stomp off and say let’s break up whenever things don’t go your way.” She said.

“I know.” I said.

“Sweetie, I know you too well. You know it in words, but you don’t know it here.” She poked my chest.

“But I wouldn’t tell you much. You’ll have to find out for yourself.” She smiled.

“Any tips then?” I asked.

“Tips? What are you doing? An exam? You want tips on marriage? Are you mad?” She laughed.

“Why not?” I pouted.

“Because all men are different, silly.” She pinched my lips.

“No matter how similar they are, they are different. And you got to find out for yourself how to deal with them and how to keep the marriage going. There are no standard guidelines except love, love and love.” She said.

“Oh, and forgiveness too.” She smiled.

“Forgive.” I mumbled.

“I wouldn't deceive you and tell you things would be smooth, because it wouldn’t be. Smooth at first, but stuff will just come. It’s always like that, no? And you got to work it out, not alone, but with him.” She said.

“Of course you can always come to me. I’ll always be here for you, baby girl. But at the end of the day, you know you have to sink back into the arms of him.” My mom kissed my cheek.

“You’ll always be my baby, no matter how old you are.” My mom pulled me closer to her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder.

“If Junhyung bullies you, I’ll stand up for you. But I don’t think it’ll happen. More likely you’ll be the one bullying him.” My mom laughed.

“I wouldn’t!” I laughed.

“Mommy, I love you.” I said, looking up at her.

“How is it that you’re going to become a wife and a mother soon? You look like you’re still five.” My mom said, pinching my nose lightly.

“No! I’m thwee!” I showed her four fingers.

“Yea, three.” She smiled, folding down one of my finger.

“Let’s go and see if your dad is doing okay with that baby outside.” My mom said.

We held hands as we walked out. My dad was reading a magazine while rocking Junhyung with his feet.

“You’re supposed to be rocking him with your hands not your feet! So rude!” My mom scolded, snatching away the magazine my dad was reading.

I stood at the corner laughing as I watched my mom ‘lecture’ my dad and my dad just pouting pitifully like a child. I don’t remember seeing my parents have any major arguments. Would Junhyung and I be able to come to this stage? Were my parents always like this or did they go through stuff like Junhyung and I did?

“Why are you smiling there like that?” My dad asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I was just wondering.” I smiled.

“Wondering about what?” My dad asked.

I shook my head, smiling at him.

I saw the hammock move a little and my eyes darted to Junhyung. He had woke up and was trying to sit up, but either he was still sleepy or he does not know how to get up, because he was flapping his arms like a drowning penguin.

We laughed at his failed attempt before my mom headed over, pulling him up.

“Sorry. Hello. So rude. I was asleep. Sorry.” Junhyung apologized, bowing at them.

“How is sleeping rude?” My dad .

“Huh?” Junhyung looked at him.

“Dad, stop it. He’s still not completely awake.” I laughed.

“It’s alright, Junhyungie. It was nice watching you sleep. So cute. And you need to sleep more.” My mom pinched his cheeks.

Junhyung blushed. He look even cuter because he was still holding the soft toy in his hand.

“Alright, we just came to make sure you did not burn the house down. We’re leaving.” My mom smiled.

“So soon?” Junhyung asked.

“We’ve been here for an hour already.” My mom said.

“Yea, I’ve been rocking you for an hour, you didn’t realize it, didn’t you?” My dad said.

“No. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Junhyung apologized quickly.

“Stop teasing him!” I laughed, hugging Junhyung.

“Come on, mom! We need to get away from these lovebirds and go somewhere else to hug too!” My dad said, holding my mom’s hand.

“Who wants to hug you? Eww!” My mom showed a disgusted face, but her hand did not loosen from my dad’s grip.

“Stay for a while more. We’ll have dinner together or something.” Junhyung said.

“We have plans. You two enjoy the time you have together. When the babies come, it’ll not be a table for two anymore.” My mom smiled.

“See you soon. Take care.” She said, kissing me on my cheek.

“You too.” She turned to kiss Junhyung.

“I’ll take care of her.” Junhyung said.

“No, you take care of yourself. I trust her to take care of herself, but I don’t exactly trust you’ll love your own body, or else you wouldn’t be getting thinner each time I see you.” My mom said.

“I did not lose weight. I’m still fat.” Junhyung said.

“Did he just indirectly say I’m obese!?” My dad asked my mom.

We laughed, but Junhyung didn’t.

“I DIDN’T!!” Junhyung hurriedly explained.

“Stop teasing him!” I pleaded, still laughing.

“Daddy means if you’re fat, that means he’s obese.” I explained to Junhyung.

“No no! You’re not! Those are muscles, I supposed.” Junhyung said.

“Yea, he has a really tough one pack.” My mom smiled, slapping my dad’s belly.

“Alright, bye kids.” They waved, heading out.

“Slept well?” I asked Junhyung as I closed the door.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” He pouted.

“You were sleeping so well.” I said.

“Tsk. You should have woke me up. Firstly, it’s so rude to be sleeping when my in-laws are here. Secondly, there’s still so much to do and I wasted time sleeping.” He grumbled.

“How is sleeping wasting time?” I asked.

“How is it not wasting time?” He asked.

“You need the rest. I’m so glad you slept well on that thing.” I said.

“Well, I’m not glad I slept. I don’t need to sleep. There is so much we have to do, the wedding is in two weeks. I should not even be taking a break.” He said.

“Ya, you might as well stop breathing too?” I said.

“What?” He looked at me.

“Breathing takes time too. You might as well don’t breathe.” I said.

“How could you say something like that?” He looked at me.

“How could I not? To someone who does not love himself, I could say even harsher words. Want to hear?” I asked.

He glared at me.

“I’m not going to waste time arguing with you.” He said, walking off.

I grabbed his wrist.

“I’m not done talking.” I said.

“We’re not going to argue over this, okay?” He said.

“I’m not done talking.” I repeated, digging my nails into his wrist to let him know I was serious.

He bite down on his jaw, looking at me.

“That’s it, Junhyung. I’m doing it.” I said.

“Do what?” He asked.

“Sending you away.” I said, going into the bedroom.

“Sending me to where!?” He yelled.

I dug out his passport and threw it to him.

“Away. Anywhere. Jeju or what. Maybe even Japan or Thailand.” I said, pulling his clothes off the hanger and folding it up messily.

“Where am I going!? I’m not going anywhere!” He yelled, trying to mess up the clothes I folded.

“Stop it!” I yelled, slapping his hands away.

“YOU STOP IT!” He shouted.

“You’re going on a vacation.” I said dangerously.

“I’m not!” He yelled.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes! I’m not leaving with the wedding two weeks away! You’re crazy!” He yelled.

“You want to know what crazier things I can do just two weeks before the wedding?” I asked.

He glared at me.

“I can call it off. Now.” I said.

His hands balled up into fists.

“Don’t. You. Dare.” He hissed.

“You’re leaving me with no choice.” I said.

He glared hard.

“I don’t wish to do this too. But I rather not have the wedding if it’s causing you sleepless nights, poor appetite and ridiculous stress.” I said.

He was still glaring at me.

“On the wedding day, the bride and groom should be the happiest. But I can foresee my groom looking as thou someone would bomb the place up. I don’t want that to happen. I want my groom happy and relaxed.” I said.

He sighed, and sat on the bed.

“Don’t call off the wedding, please.” He buried his face in his palms.

“Then don’t make me so heartbroken seeing you like this.” I said, hugging him.

“I can lose anything, but I can’t lose you. I rather not have a wedding if that would make you healthier. Anyway to me we’re already married. The wedding is just a ridiculous money wasting ceremony to let the whole world know we’re a couple.” I said.

He chuckled slightly, shaking his head.

“Every girl wants a fairytale wedding, and I know you want the same. I want to give it to you.” He said.

“More than a fairytale wedding, actually I just want my husband alive and well.” I said.

He laughed, looking at me.

“Go and take a break, okay? When you come back, things would be in place and we would just have to go through it once more, and then we’re good to go. The wedding would be smooth. It’ll just be like any other day. It’ll be fine.” I said.

“I don’t wish to go anywhere. Please. Let me stay. I’ll relax, I promise.” He pleaded.

I shook my head.

“You need to leave all these behind and just go free your mind, Junroro. You need it. I know you do. It’s written all over your face. You’re so stressed up and tired. You need a break.” I said.

“But I don’t want to be anywhere else. I mean, how can I take a break now?” He said, looking sad.

“I’m not sending you away alone, you know.” I laughed.

“Then?” He asked.

“You’re going on a break with the boys. All of you need it.” I said.

“With the boys?” He sounded surprised.

“Yea. With the boys. I asked your manager and he too agreed you guys need a break.” I said.

“When? How?” He asked.

“I have my ways.” I smiled, folding his shirt.

“I planned it awhile ago, I just didn’t know I would have to implement it so soon.” I said, tossing his shirt into the duffel bag.

“Then don’t do it.” He said, taking the shirt out.

“Put the shirt back.” I said sternly.

“I don’t want to go!” He pouted, hugging the bag.

“If you don’t let me put your clothes into this bag, I’m going to use a plastic bag. The black kind, for rubbish. And when you get stopped at the airport, I wouldn’t help you.” I said.

He reluctantly let go of the bag.

“Where am I going?” He asked, punching the blanket.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked.

“Nowhere.” He pouted.

“Jeju then. Four days should be good.” I said.

“I’ll just go to Daegu and come back tonight. Don’t need to pack.” He said.

“Maybe you want to go Japan? For ten days?” I asked.

“No no! Don’t.” He said.

“Two days in Jeju.” He tried.

“Thailand. Fourteen days.” I said.

“NO NO! Okay, Jeju. Three days?” He tried his luck.

“Europe! Two months!” I glared at him.

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! JEJU! FOUR DAYS!” He pouted.

Even if he agreed to two months in Europe, I wouldn’t be able to make it happen in such a short period of time.

He pouted at the corner while I continued to pack his stuff. I called the other boys as well as book their tickets and accommodation.

“Go and shower. Your flight is in five hours.” I said.

He did not move, instead, kept pouting at me.

“Stop behaving like I am sending you to some rehab centre! I’m sending you on a vacation for goodness!” I kicked him off the bed.

“It’s almost that way!” He said, choosing his clothes.

“You need a break, alright? If you don’t, on our wedding day, you’ll either be too weak to even attend or you’ll look damn ugly. You want to be ugly on photos? The whole nation will see it. And I can’t introduce my handsome husband to people. It’s so sad.” I said.

“I’m ugly to start with.” He laughed.

“You’re handsome, very handsome in fact. You just made yourself ugly with all the stress.” I said, poking his with the hanger.

“Don’t do that!” He laughed.

“Look at your skin. Pimples breakout! And you’re losing hair oh my~” I said randomly.

“I AM LOSING HAIR!?” He stepped over the bed, running to the mirror to check.

“Where!?” He asked, looking into the mirror.

“Here, and here.” I pointed randomly.

Actually, he has a lot of hair still.

“Oh . Seems like it.” He said, parting his hair to look.

Of course he will look like he is losing hair the fact he is parting his hair like that. Overstress can cause stupidity. Junhyung proved it.

“That’s why! You need to take a break! Quickly go shower!” I pushed him into the bathroom.

“Buy me some hair tonic or what!” He said.

“Yes, I’ll buy you a wig.” I .

“IS IT SO SERIOUS I NEED A WIG!? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME!?” He yelled, sticking his head out of the toilet.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“Shower!” I shouted, going back to the room to get his stuff ready.

***

We met up with the boys at the airport and had a light dinner before their flight. Junhyung was still pouting.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Dongwoon asked.

“Don’t mind him. He’s just being angry that I sent him away.” I said.

“You need a break, hyung. And it’s Jeju! Come on! Be happy!” Dongwoon tried to cheer him up.

“How can I be happy when I am going on a vacation with my wedding in two weeks? There are so many things undone.” He said.

“Junjun, you’re just unhappy because Haneul isn’t going, right? If Haneul is going along, you wouldn’t care if the wedding is in two weeks.” Yoseob said.

I turned to Junhyung. He was blushing so hard. The boys burst into laughter, causing his already dark red cheeks to be even redder.

“It’s like this?! Aigoo! Why didn’t you say so!?” I pinched his cheek.

“So will you come along?” He asked.

“No.” I smiled.

“See! What’s the point of saying!?” He yelled.

I looked at him. The boys kept quiet.

“Do we have to go through the same thing again here in public? It’s not difficult to call off the wedding you know. I can do it, you know I can.” I threatened.

“Call off the wedding?” Doojoon asked with wide eyes.

“What is going on?” Hyunseung asked.

“Haneul, don’t do or say stupid things. I’m the pabo here, remember? Not you.” Kikwang shook my arm.

“Say something, Jun!” Yoseob kicked him.

“Haneul ah~” Dongwoon pleaded.

We had a glaring competition for a while until we both looked away.

“Stop forcing me to do things I don’t wish to do. Stop forcing me to use extreme measures on you.” I said.

“No one said you had to.” He said.

“What?” I looked at him.

“Why do you care if I am stressed out or not? Why do you care about it? Just know that no matter how stressed out I am, I’ll give you a dream wedding.

“So I am like this? So to you I am like this? All I care about is the freaking wedding and not your welfare? So I am really like this? Ha! All the more to call the damn wedding off.” I said.

“Boys, come. They need to talk. Settle it like adults, you two stupid kids.” Doojoon scolded, stomping out, followed by the other boys.

Junhyung and I continued to stare at each other.

“I can’t believe you said that.” I mumbled.

“I can’t believe I said it too. I’m so sorry!” He threw himself onto me.

“I guess I need the break. My head isn’t processing at all. I’m saying all the mean and untrue things.” He said.

“It’s not an excuse.” I mumbled.

“You’re right. It’s not an excuse. I’m sorry.” He said.

“How could you say those? I’ve never asked anything lavish for the wedding from you.” I said.

“Perhaps because you never asked, that’s why I want to give you more.” He said.

“Then blame who?” I asked.

“Blame you, of course.” He smiled.

“Why me?” I asked.

“Because you’re so amazing that even giving you the moon doesn’t seem enough. It’s just not enough, no matter what.” He said.

“Shut the sweet talk. I am angry.” I crossed my arms, frowning at him.

“Don’t be.” He pleaded.

“I’m still angry.” I said.

He turned around. I was curious as to what he was doing but I did not want to let him know I was interested.

“Sorwy~” He said, turning back to me. He smiled, showing his teeth.

I couldn’t control myself. I laughed out. He stuck seaweed on his two front teeth and had that stupid, goofy smile.

“You laughed, that means you’re not angry?” He asked, eating the seaweed.

I looked at him, not saying anything.

“Don’t be angry. Sorry, I was an .” I said.

“I don’t need a grand wedding. I just need the one who would be taking my hand at the end of the aisle to be you.” I said.

He nodded, smiling.

The door broke open, revealing the other boys.

“Were you guys, perhaps, eavesdropping?” Junhyung asked.

They were quiet, pointing fingers at each other.

“Doojoon, you weren’t really angry, were you?” I said.

“I was! Just that… Haneul… You’re soooo cheesy~” He said, causing them to laugh, even Junhyung laughed.

Dongwoon and Yoseob started reenacting the scene in exaggeration.  

“It wasn’t like that!!!!!” I yelled.

Junhyung was having fun watching and laughing.

“YAH!” I stepped on his foot.

“OWWW!! Yah! Stop it! You two!” He pointed at them, trying to be stern, but failed.

Dongwoon and Yoseob were shocked by his sudden loud voice. They were in the midst of ‘kissing’ each other. They stared at Junhyung with pouted lips and wide eyes.

“Forget it. Just laugh. Ya, ya. I’m cheesy. Happy?” I admitted, stuffing food into my mouth.

“Did Seungho hyung possess you?” Junhyung asked.

“Vwhat!?” I asked with my mouth full.

“Why are you eating like him?” He smiled, wiping the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

We continued dinner with a lot of laughter and noise. When it was time for them to check in, Junhyung started pouting again.

“See you in four days. Have fun.” I kissed him on his cheek.

He shook his head.

“Go on. Are we starting it again?” I asked.

He shook his head harder.

“I’ll call you.” He said.

“Just text me to let me know you landed safely, and text me when you’re coming back so I can pick you up. Apart from that, you’re not allowed to use your phone. You’re not allowed to think about the wedding or anything else. Just have fun.” I said.

 “Why can’t I even call you every night? I’ll miss you!” He pouted.

“Alright, you’re allowed one text to me daily then.” I said.

“Not even a call?!” He asked.

I shook my head.

“What sort of wife don’t want her husband to call her!?” He pouted.

“This sort. The sort that wants her husband relaxed and alive.” I said.

“Sorry to interrupt. The gate is closing in half an hour. Just to let you know. Okay, continue.” Doojoon said, walking away.

“Go on and have fun! I’m giving you a chance to go wild you know.” I cupped his cheeks.

“I don’t want to go wild!” He pouted.

“Fine. Whatever. Just have fun! And buy me a present.” I said.

“What do you want?” He asked.

“What do you think I would want?” I asked.

“Oh. I don’t know. You always want nothing.” He said.

“I don’t always want nothing!” I smacked his chest playfully.

“Ahh~ I know what you want.” He smiled.

“What?” I asked.

He whispered into my ear. I could feel my cheeks heat up. I pushed him away.

“Go and check in! BYE!” I covered my face.

“Wait for the present, okay?” He said.

“I don’t want it!!!!” I yelled.

“I’m sure you want it. Very, very much.” He said, pulling my hands away to kiss me on my forehead.

“See you in four days. And the present.” He whispered into my ear.

“ERT!!!” I pushed him away.

Junhyung winked at me before walking off. I blushed harder at it. I watch them walk in before leaving.

“Stop picturing it, you erted Haneul!” I slapped my cheeks.

“Damn you, Yong Junhyung." I cursed.

"I'm going to die. I'm going to die. Idiotic Junroro. Idiot idiot idiot!" I talked to myself as I fanned myself with my hands, but couldn’t stop smiling.

He said: ‘I’ll get you the one and only in the world, very hot, topless, manly smelling, y, gorgeous Yong Junhyung tied with a pink ribbon on top for cute presentation.’

***
tumblrlymf7soobc1ro2mqx.gif

junhyunggifbyyulitza25d.gif
 
tumblrlwsn2hgth21qi4zmn.gif
 
tumblrm1mm5dj0qa1qcjrb6.gif
 
tumblrm1mmapguru1qcjrb6.gif
 
tumblrm1mmejixfm1qcjrb6.gif
 
Junhyung: I’ll get you the one and only in the world, very hot, topless, manly smelling, y, gorgeous Yong Junhyung tied with a pink ribbon on top for cute presentation.