Explanation

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

 “JI EUN AH!!” Jace and Haneul ran towards us, pulling the girl away from me.

“Are you okay!?” Haneul asked me worriedly.

I nodded slightly, looking at the deep bite marks on my wrist.

“Sweetheart! Is this how you treat someone older than you!?” Haneul scolded.

“BUT UMMA!!! HE IS EVIL!!!!” Ji Eun glared at me.

Jace took Ji Eun and Tae Hyun away, leaving Haneul and I standing alone.

“It hurts a lot, doesn’t it? That girl has quite a bit of strength.” Haneul said.

“No, it’s fine.” I forced a smile.

She pulled me outside to wash my wrist before applying some antiseptic cream on it.

“So sorry about that.” Haneul apologized again.

“Please, its fine. Don’t keep apologizing.” I laughed, poking her cheek.

“I feel bad!” Haneul pouted, poking me back.

We started poking each other for fun.

“So, who is she?” I asked.

“My daughter.” Haneul said.

“Come on, Haneul.” I pleaded.

“Can’t even tease you longer. Hmph. Alright, I pretty much found Ji Eun and Tae Hyun.” Haneul said.

“Found?” I asked.

“Yea. I found them.” She smiled slightly.

“So… You did not give birth to them? They are not your blood related kids? You adopted them?” I asked, feeling a smile creep up.

“I did not give birth to them. They are not blood related to me in anyway. And no, I did not adopt them.” She said.

“Huh? But they call you.. Umma..” I mumbled.

“I want to adopt them. But I don’t have the ability yet, so I’m putting it off for now. And they call me Umma simply because I found them and I was the one who took care of them.” She said.

“Where did you … found them?” I asked.

“It’s pretty dramatic, the story. You sure you want to know?” She asked, looking at me.

“Why not?” I said.

“Jace and I were at the airport, we just touchdown Korea from Kenya. While we were waiting for a cab, I saw Taehyun standing at a corner with Ji Eun in like those baby car seat kind of thing. He was about two, or three at that time, and Ji Eun was just a few months old. We kind of stood around for awhile just to see if anyone would come for them. I mean, who would leave their babies at like the taxi stand area, even if it’s just for awhile?” She said.

“And then we finally approached them when we felt that things were just not right. Tae Hyun was pretty shocked so he didn’t say much. Ji Eun was just a few months old but she kept looking at me. We took them to the security, made announcements and waited for the whole night for their parents or just anyone to come, but no one came.” She continued.

“We can’t possibly leave the kids there like they were some ‘lost and found’. We went through a whole lot of procedures and got permission to take them back here. We waited day after day for their parents, or just someone, anyone, to come forward to acknowledge them, but three years passed and just none.” She looked down.

“How could anyone do that?” I mumbled, remembering the time my own family left me.

But at that time, I was 18. Tae Hyun and Ji Eun are just babies.

“Some people just would.” She said.

“And so you and Jace are like their parents?” I asked.

“Yea, I guess so. But not legally, or rather, we would never be their parents legally. We’re just not, by blood. But I dare say in name, we’re fit, not financially maybe, but as a parent figure.” She said.

“I dare say you fit the role perfectly too.” I said.

I seem to somehow understand Ji Eun’s hatred towards me. She grew up with Haneul closest to her, and suddenly I just appear. She must have felt insecure thinking that I would take Haneul away from her or something like that.

“Ji Eun is the baby of this orphanage, therefore she’s pretty spoilt. She is not just like that to you, she actually is pretty rude to people she is unfamiliar with. It took the others long to get close with her. I guess I am pretty lucky because I took care of her since she was a baby so we have this bonding. I ought to discipline her, I know. I can honestly tell you, she’s going to glare at you and do all sorts of things to just push you away, but trust me, when she loves you, she really loves you.” Haneul said.

“I know. It’s alright! I’ll make her my youngest fan girl!” I smiled.

“Don’t you dare do that!” She laughed, slapping my arm.

“Tae Hyun is calmer and pretty quiet. I guess he still couldn’t get over the shock he received at that time. He still cries, wailing for his parents on some nights.” She said.

“Yea, I can tell he is calmer. But at five years old, he is supposed to be super active.” I said.

“That’s the problem. We took him counseling, but it didn’t help. Aie~ One is too quiet, another is too angry.” She said.

“So you want to adopt the two of them?” I asked.

“Yea. As in, on one hand I wish their parents would come back for them, but on the other hand, I don’t know what would happen to me if they got taken away from me. Three years isn’t a long time, but it was a tough period of time and our bond is really.. I got no words for it.” She said.

“I understand. Honestly, being blood related is just something like an identification. The real parents are the ones who brought you up, nurture you, love and care for you. And from what I see, you are their real parent. Well, as much as I don’t wish to say this, but, and Jace as well. Even though they are young, they pretty much still know.” I said.

“But every kid wants their parents, right?” She said.

I kept quiet, not knowing how to answer her. I kind of understand where she is going. I’m pretty confused myself too. On one hand I am happy nothing bad happened to Haneul for her to have the kids, but on the other hand, I am just angry at the fact the kids were abandoned at such a young age.

“Let’s go outside! Since you’re here, maybe you want to play with the kids, help them with homework or what.” She said, breaking the silence.

“Sure!” I smiled.

We headed outside. The kids were all eating and chatting. Jace was walking around, talking and playing around with them.

“What should I… Eh??” I looked around and I found myself standing dumbly in the middle, Haneul nowhere to be seen. This ninja~

I headed towards Tae Hyun who was sitting at the corner, poking his food. I squat down to his level, looking at him, but I got ignored.

“Why aren’t you eating? You don’t like ddeokbokki?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders slightly.

“Did something happen in school?” I asked.

He frowned and turned away.

“It looks really tasty you know. Aren’t you hungry?” I asked.

“Tsk~” I heard him.

Haneul’s POV

I was feeding Ji Eun when Jace poked me and gestured me to look somewhere. I saw Junhyung squatting in front of Tae Hyun. No matter how Tae Hyun moved away, Junhyung followed.

“Eh? What did you say?” I heard Junhyung say, but Tae Hyun clearly didn’t say anything.

Junhyung stuck his ear closer to the bowl of ddeokbokki.

“Oh.. You’re sad? Ahh~ But why?” He asked the ddeokbokki.

Tae Hyun must have been a little curious because he turned slightly to look at Junhyung’s one man show.

“Oh, you feel insulted?” Junhyung said.

Tae Hyun’s clueless face was priceless. Jace and I were giggling like crazy.

“You think that Tae Hyunie is not eating you because you look ugly?” Junhyung said.

“No! Don’t think that way. I think you’re really good looking. Tae Hyunie is just.. I don’t know. Maybe in a bad mood.” He continued.

“Aww shh shh.. Don’t cry, don’t cry.” He rubbed the bowl slightly, ‘comforting’ the ddeokbokki.

“What should we do? It’s sad.” Junhyung looked at Tae Hyun.

Tae Hyun looked genuinely guilty to the point he looked so cute.

 I was shaking Jace’s hand like crazy.

“It’s dropping out! My hand is dropping out!” Jace grumbled.

“Oh sorry.” I laughed, letting go of him.

“I…” Tae Hyun mumbled.

He bit his lower lip slightly.

“What? You’re feeling so heartbroken? No! Please don’t! I’m sure Tae Hyun didn’t mean to do this.” Junhyung said to the bowl of ddeokbokki.

“You’re not ugly! You’re so pretty in orange. Just maybe.. Tae Hyun doesn’t like orange? But everyone has their preference right? Oh stop crying! You’re making me want to cry too.” Junhyung pouted at the bowl of ddeokbokki.

“It’s really heartbroken, this bowl of ddeokbokk.” He said to Tae Hyun, looking slightly upset.

“I’ll eat.” Tae Hyun mumbled.

“No, no. It’s alright. Don’t force yourself. I’m sure ddeokbokki sshi will stop crying soon. No worries, Tae Hyunie. I got it under control, I think. No worries.” He said.

Tae Hyun pouted, looking down. As much as I want to smack Junhyung for making Tae Hyun so sad over a bowl of ddeokbokki, I couldn’t help but be amazed at what he is actually doing to get Tae Hyun to eat.

Tae Hyun picked up the fork and poked into a piece od ddeokbokki.

“Ouch!” Junhyung said in a slightly different voice.

Tae Hyun got a shock and dropped the fork. He looked at Junhyung with wide eyes.

“It’s not me. It’s ddeokbokki sshi. Maybe you poked too hard.” He said.

“Sorry.” Tae Hyun said softly.

Jace and I burst into laughter, slapping each other like mad.

“Let me feed you.” Junhyung smiled.

“Ahhh~” He gestured Tae Hyun to open his mouth.

“Is it good?” He asked as Tae Hyun chewed.

Tae Hyun nodded. Junhyung stuck his ear closer to the ddeokbokki again.

“Ddeokbokki sshi says thank you for appreciating.” He said.

Tae Hyun smiled slightly, and Junhyung kept feeding him, wiping his mouth when the sauce got on the corner of his lips.

Junhyung’s POV

“I never knew you had that much patience.” Haneul said, appearing behind me.

“Oh, you ninja.” I laughed.

“What are you talking about by the way?” I asked.

“We saw what you did with Tae Hyun. Ddeokbokki sshi huh?” She laughed.

“Oh that. Hahahaha.” I looked down.

“Well, I didn’t think it was necessary to make him so upset, but it was cute.” She said.

“Here you go!” One of the helpers said, putting two bowls of ddeokbokki in front of us.

“Eat up!” She said before leaving.

“What did you say?” Haneul stuck her ear close to the bowl of ddeokbokki.

“Ahh you’re jealous? Why?” She asked.

“Because your friend gets to be eaten by Yong Junhyung and I am going to eat you? So you’re jealous?” She said.

“Stop it!” I laughed.

“Ahh okay okay. Don’t cry. I’ll switch with him so you’ll be eaten by him instead okay?” She said.

She switched her bowl of ddeokbokki with mine. Just as I was about to eat, she stopped me again.

“Now this bowl of ddeokbokki is jealous and angry.” She said.

“Stop teasing me!” I laughed.

“Really! I can’t eat it! It’ll bite me! They only want to be eaten by you!” She said.

“Yah!!!” I whined.

“Alright alright. Let’s eat.” She laughed.

“OUCH!!” She suddenly yelled.

“What’s wrong!?” I looked up in shock.

“I told you it doesn’t want to be eaten by me! It bit my tongue.” She said.

“Let her eat you!” I said, pointing at the ddeokbokki.

“It said okay.” I said.

“No, I heard it say no.” She said.

“Are you going to eat or not?” I asked her, laughing helplessly.

“Yes.” She said, eating obediently.

“What time do you have to go?” She asked.

“Soon.” I said, looking at my watch.

“Ouh..” She looked down.

“Are you sad?” I asked.

“Why would I be? Can’t wait for you to be gone.” She said.

“That’s sad to hear. I would stay if you ask me to.” I mumbled.

“Stay?” She said softly.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, nothing.” She walked off to wash the bowls.

I went to watch the kids play. I was distracted by a phone call. It was from Doojoon.

“When are you coming back?” He asked.

“Soon.” I said.

“Ouh~ We’re going for dinner. Meet us at the restaurant?” He asked.

“What time?” I asked.

“About… 7.30PM?” He said.

I looked at my watch. It was 6.45PM. That means I would have to leave soon.

“Erm…” I saw Haneul looking at me from afar, but she looked away the moment our eyes met.

“I….” I mumbled.

“Ask Haneul along? MBLAQ is joining us. Remember, Seungho doesn’t know she’s back yet.” He said.

“Okay. I’ll ask her.” I said.

“Then see you there!” He hung up the call.

“You need to go?” Haneul asked, looking down.

“Yes. Going for dinner with the boys. Erm… They invited you.” I said.

“Nah, it’s okay. You guys enjoy.” She said.

“Everyone misses you. And besides, MBLAQ is coming along. We erm.. have not told Seungho Hyung about you.” I said.

“Told him about me?” She asked.

“Yea. The fact you’re alive. He still thinks you’re.. you know.. not alive.” I mumbled.

“You mean dead?” She said.

“Erm.. Yea.” I said.

“Go.” A voice from behind us said.

We turned and saw Jace.

“Go ahead.” He said.

“Really?” Haneul asked.

“Why not?” He said.

“Seungho Hyung would be happy to see you.” I said softly.

“Then I’ll… Go get changed.” She said.

“Send her back here later.” Jace told me before walking away.

“Jace.” I called out.

“What?” He looked at me.

“Thank you.” I said.

“For what?” He asked.

“Haneul.” I said.

“It wasn’t for you. I just don’t wish to see her upset. And if you hurt her again, I’ll break you. Literally.” He walked off.

Haneul came out after awhile dressed in a hoodie and shorts.

“It’s Spring, not Summer. What kind of dressing is this?” I asked.

“Why? Is anything wrong?” She asked, looking down at her clothes.

“Cover them.” I pointed at her legs.

“It’s covered.” She said.

“You know what I mean.” I said.

“I…” She tried to protest but I glared at her.

“Okay wait.” She mumbled, walking back into her room.

“How did you do that? Hahaha!” I turned around to see Ahjumma clapping her hands.

“Hello.” I bowed to her.

“Drop the formalities.” She smiled.

“How did you manage to do that?” She asked.

“Do what?” I looked at her, confused.

“Get Haneul to cover up.” She said.

“I.. I don’t know. Why?” I asked.

“She is always in shorts! We kept forcing her to put on some leggings because the weather is chilly but she refuses! I don’t know how she stands the cold but she is just able to. Still, it’s not good. As a girl, it isn’t good to be cold. You know, girl problems.” She smiled.

“I don’t blame you if you don’t understand.” She said.

Of course I understand!

I nodded slightly.

“Come often, so you can play with the kids and force more clothes onto Haneul.” She smiled.

“I can come often?” I asked.

“Of course! It’s good to have a guy around here. Jace is the only guy and there’s just so much he can do. You can be of help. Well but that’s if you have the time.” She said.

“I’ll find time!!” I smiled.

Haneul’s POV

“What are you guys doing? Talking behind my back?” I asked as I approached them.

“There! You look so cute in shorts and polka dot leggings!” Ahjumma smiled.

“What rubbish.” I mumbled.

“Don’t she look cute, Junhyung sshi?” Ahjumma asked.

“Extremely cute and appropriate. And, just call me Junhyung will do.” Junhyung said.

“Alright! You kids go ahead! Or else you’ll be late! 7.30PM right!?” Ahjumma pushed the both of us slightly.

“How did you know!? You eavesdropped!?” I asked in surprise.

“I’m always watching!” She winked before pushing us out.

“How creepy.” I mumbled as Junhyung and I got into the car.

We arrived at the restaurant at 7.45PM. When we went inside, the rest of Beast were already there.

“HANEUL AH!!!” Yoseob yelled and threw himself into my arms.

“GET OFF!” Junhyung growled, pulling him away.

“Hello.” I smiled awkwardly.

“It’s been awhile since we last met and gahhh!! You’re still as cute as ever!” He totally ignored Junhyung.

“You too.” I laughed.

I greeted the other boys before sitting down in between Junhyung and Doojoon.

“I thought you said… MBLAQ… would be here?” I mumbled, looking at Junhyung.

“Yea. They’re never early.” He said, shoving food into his mouth.

“Eat!” Doojoon put food on my plate.

“Shouldn’t we wait for them?” I asked.

“Nah~ Who knows how long they’ll take.” He said.

“Did I hear someone talking bad about us?” A familiar voice said from behind us.

It was G.O.

They turned around and greeted them. Everything suddenly became really noisy.

“Where’s Seungho Hyung!?” Junhyung asked.

“Somewhere behind.. Erm.. There!” Mir pointed to the back.

“HYUNG!!” Junhyung yelled.

“Hi! It’s been like forever since I saw you!” Seungho said, hugging Junhyung.

“I thought I saw a girl here.” Joon said.

“Girl? Whose girlfriend!?” Seungho laughed.

“Hi, Seungho.” I turned to wave at him.

His jaws dropped dramatically.

“Ha… Neul?” He mumbled.

“Yes, I’m Haneul. I’m still alive.” I smiled.

He looked at Junhyung.

“You.. knew? When?” He asked.

“Yea Hyung. When we went to Japan, we found out. We invited her today so….” Before Junhyung could finish, Seungho grabbed him by his collar, glaring hard at him.

“YOU KNEW FOR SO LONG AND YOU DECIDED TO JUST KEEP IT FROM ME TILL YOU FEEL LIKE IT!? AM I SOME SORT OF JOKE TO YOU!?” Seungho roared.

We were all startled, especially Junhyung. He was just frozen.

“Hyung.. I….” He mumbled.

“Please listen to me, Hyung.” Junhyung pleaded.

Seungho gripped Junhyung’s collar tighter.

“Hyung…” Junhyung said softly.

“Don’t call me Hyung.” Seungho hissed.

***
Photobucket Junhyung when Haneul about Ddeokbokki sshi

Photobucket Seungho when he saw Haneul

Photobucket When Seungho glares and grabs Junhyung

PhotobucketJunhyung: Listen to me, Hyung

Photobucket Seungho: Don't call me Hyung

PhotobucketMaybe this would happen to Junhyung~ 

Photobucket