Merry Christmas; Not part of the plan

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

The ringing of my phone woke me up.

“Ya?” I answered, still with my eyes closed.

“YA!? YA!? IT’S CHRISTMAS AND INSTEAD OF GREETING ME YOU SAY YA!?” The familiar voice shouted.

“Jace…. It’s early..” I mumbled.

“What early!? Half the day is gone!” He shouted.

I opened my eyes and looked around.I sat up, aching all over.

“Merry Christmas.” I laughed.

“GET YOUR OUT OF YOUR BED AND GO PARTY!!” He screamed.

“With who? The monkeys and the donkeys?” I asked.

“YOUR BOYFRIEND! WHO ELSE!?” He shouted.

“No idea where is he. Work probably.” I said.

“HOW DARE HE MISS HIS FIRST CHRISTMAS WITH HIS GIRL!?” He yelled.

“Stop yelling. Ah, go on and have fun. Merry Christmas.” I said.

“I love you. Oui! Go and have fun okay!” He said.

“Yea. Love you too.” I hung up the phone and lied back down onto my bed.

It’s Christmas, but so?

I looked at my phone, why is it so low on battery? Why was my last call from Junhyung? I don’t remember talking to him. Or did I?

‘MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING GIRL! See you at XXX Cinema at 3PM!^^’ His text message wrote.

It was already 1.45PM. I quickly got up and went to wash up. I headed to the cinema. On the way, families were having fun, couples were hugging each other. I was envious, but its okay, I’m going to meet mine soon. I smiled as I made my way into the cinema.

I stood at the side, waiting for Junhyung. Was I too early? I looked at the time, it was 2.45PM. I continued to wait. I watch as people walk in and out of the cinema. They were laughing and having lots of fun, while I was just sitting here and waiting.

After half an hour of waiting, I was starting to get impatient. Usually I would wait, but maybe I was sleepy and hungry, everything just came crashing down. I called him but he didn’t answer, I was starting to get pissed off. I had the urge to leave, but it was Christmas, I didn’t want to ruin it for him. I continued waiting.

An hour passed and he was still not around. I called him nonstop until he finally answered.

“Where are you?” I asked, trying to sound as calm as possible.

“Sorry Darling. I got caught up at work. Go to the counter and get your ticket. It’s under my name. I’ll meet you inside.” He said in a hurry.

“Yong Junhyung, are you kidding me?” I asked, losing my cool.

“Sorry. It’s really work.” He said.

“IF YOU HAD TO WORK TODAY, THEN WHY BOTHER ASK ME OUT!? YOU JUST HAD TO MAKE ME WAIT TODAY AS WELL, IS IT!?” I yelled, ignoring the stares from people.

“Darling, I’m so sorry. Please understand.” He pleaded.

“SORRY BUT I’M NOT UNDERSTANDING! I NEVER WAS!” I hung up the call.

I went to a random counter and yelled his name to the person at the counter. She looked at me blankly.

“QUIT STARING AT ME! GET MY TICKETS, PLEASE!” I shouted.

She started typing furiously before handing me two tickets. I snatched them from her and headed to the particular cinema. I threw myself onto the seat and put my legs up onto the one in front of me. I couldn’t be bothered anymore. He pissed me off too far this time.

The movie started after awhile and for some reason, I was the only one. The movie playing was ‘Arthur Christmas’. The movie was funny and cute, but I had no mood to watch it at all. My parents left me alone, and now, even him. What kind of a joke is this? I hate Christmas, I really do.

“Why am I crying? It’s his loss that’s he’s not here. He’s never going to see me again. I’ll make sure I’ll make him wait ten thousand lifetimes before he ever sees my face again. Damn you, Yong Junhyung. I hate you.” I wiped off my tears that never seemed to stop falling.

I hate to cry. It makes me feel weak and it kind of just reminds me that I have no one with me. It’s so sickening. And trust me to actually do what Jace told me to do; go out and have fun. I should have just slept for the whole damn day.

Junhyung’s POV

“Hyung, I think your girlfriend is crying.” Dongwoon told me.

“Huh!? What!?” I rushed to the side and peeked my head out of the curtains.

I saw Haneul sitting with her legs up on the chair in front of her. She seem to be shaking and indeed, she looked like she was crying.

“Oh .” I cursed.

“Have I gone too far?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Doojoon said, looking concerned.

“She kind of looks familiar.” Yoseob said.

“Stop bending so far! You’re going to fall out!” I pulled him back.

“But I want to see how she looks like!” He whined.

“You can see her later.” I said.

I told them about Haneul in the morning. I have been thinking of it for quite awhile, but I wanted it to be special, so i chose today; Christmas. But. they all just smiled, not shocked at all.

/FLASHBACK

“I have something to tell you guys.” I said.

“What is it?” Doojoon asked.

“I….” I stuttered.

“What is it, Hyung?” Dongwoon said.

“I have a girlfriend.” I said quickly.

They looked at me, and then burst into laughter. I frowned. Did they think I was kidding with them?

“What is it!? I’m serious! Do you guys think it is funny!?” I shouted.

“Relax Junnie!” Doojoon smiled.

“Why are you guys mocking me!?” I yelled.

“Who is mocking you!? We are laughing because, we already know!” He said.

“You guys know!?” I asked, surprised.

“Of course! Is it difficult to guess? Our moody Junnie is suddenly smiling so much and laughing so much.” Hyunseung said.

“I’m not moody.” I mumbled.

“Oh yes you are. Anyway, it’s your classmate, right?” Doojoon said.

I nodded, smiling at the floor.

“Don’t be shy! Bring her here!” Yoseob shouted.

“I am planning to. But I need the help of you guys.” I said.

“Sure! What is it?” Dongwoon asked.

I told them my plan and they all looked at me.

“You said she’s a fierce one, right?” Doojoon asked.

I nodded.

“And you dare do something like this?” He asked.

“Or else what? I know she’s going to flare up, but… I can’t think of anything better!” I said.

“I actually think it’s kind of sweet, but not very original.” Yoseob said.

“Tsk! Please! How much ideas can one person have? Besides, I’ve never done it before. It’s original in my case.” I said.

“Well, it’s your girlfriend. As you wish.” Hyunseung smiled.

“So what are we going to do?” Kikwang asked.

“I thought I told you just now!?” I yelled.

They all burst into laughter and started filling Kikwang in as to what he had to do.

/END OF FLASHBACK

I was feeling anxious. She sounded really angry just now, and now she is crying. Haneul ah, I never meant to make you cry. I’m sorry my plan is a really failed one.

“Hyung! She’s leaving!” Dongwoon shouted.

“Leaving!? Has the movie ended!? Where the hell is Kikwang!?” I went crazy.

“Hyung!! Your girlfriend!! Very strong~~” Kikwang whined as he tried to block the door.

I could hear Haneul banging and kicking the door.

“Okay okay! I’m coming!” I said.

Haneul, please don’t get too mad.