Afterword; Time is ticking

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

Three months

I was feeding Shin Il when Junhyung came in.

“Hi~” He smiled, lying on the bed, next to me.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“I got them to shower.” He said.

He tickled Shin Il’s feet, earning a kick in the face from the boy.

“Ouch! How dare you kick appa? Hmm?” He frowned playfully at the boy who gave him no response at all.

“You’re ignoring me now?” He asked.

“Shut up, Junroro. You’re disturbing him.” I poked Junhyung’s forehead.

“But he kicked me!” He pouted.

“You deserve it.” I laughed.

“Alright, alright. Come here.” I pulled him closer, kissing him on his cheek.

“That’s better.” He smiled, resting his head on my lap.

“Aigoo baby eats well, don’t he?” He smiled as he watch his son feed.

“Right.. Eating so well he’s going to me dry soon.” I mumbled.

“What?” Junhyung laughed.

“Baby, don’t mummy dry. Leave some for me.” He said.

“What did you say?” I asked, surprised.

“Oh my, what did I just say?” He buried his face in his palms, as surprised as I was at his statement.

“Did you indirectly say you want to be fed by me too?” I asked.

His cheeks and ears turn dark red as he shook his head frantically.

“I did not!!!” He yelled as he ran out of the room.

“Yah! Come back!” I laughed.

He walked back to the room timidly, still embarrassed.

“He’s asleep. Bring him back to his room and then come back here.” I said, handing Shin Il to him.

He nodded obediently. He came back awhile later, but stood at the doorway.

“What are you doing there?” I asked.

“Sorry. I sounded so erted just now.” He pouted.

“You’re always erted, no?” I laughed, gesturing him to come over.

He sat on the bed. I went behind him, massaging his shoulders.

“Sorry, I’m not going to give in to your feeding request. It’s gross.” I .

“NO NO!” He shook his head.

“I can make you a cup of hot milk thou. Or do you prefer a milkshake?” I asked.

“Nothing! I want nothing!” He said.

I laughed at his embarrassed state. How cute.

I made him lie down on his stomach and gave him a full body massage.

He have been doing all the night work ever since Shin Il was born. He also sends the other two to school every morning and pick them up in the evening. I thought I was good at multitasking, but he is better. I don’t even know how he manage to work like that. But then again, he looks so worn out that I fear he may pass out any moment.

“You don’t have to pick Tae Hyun and Ji Eun up after school you know. I can go.” I said.

“It’s fine. Their school is near my workplace anyway.” He said in a slur.

“But look at you. You look like you’re going to die soon.” I said.

“I wouldn’t die.” He laughed, flipping over to face me.

He pulled me down, locking me in his arms.

“Do you have to go back to work later?” I asked, pushing his fringe out of his face.

He nodded with a pout.

“Take a nap for now. Eat dinner before you go.” I said.

He sighed and smiled weakly at me.

“You’re going to fall sick at this rate.” I said, poking the tip of his nose.

“I’m strong!” He said, hitting his arms.

“Right! Flabby~” I .

“Yah! What flabby huh!?” He showed me his muscles.

“Yea, yea. Very muscular.” I laughed.

***

Six months

We were both startled awake by Shin Il’s loud cry. Junhyung shot up immediately, but I pushed him back down.

“I’ll go. Sleep.” I said, covering the blanket over him.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll go.” He said, sitting up.

“Come on, lie back down. You can’t even stand.” I said, pulling him back down.

He was on his period and it was bad.

“But…” He mumbled.

“Sleep.” I said, stumbling out of bed as I made my way to Shin Il’s room.

I picked him up, hushing him quickly so as not to wake Tae Hyun and Ji Eun. It was okay if he did not sleep, just as long as he is quiet.

“Why aren’t you sleeping? Hmm? Umma is sleepy, you know.” I said, rocking him gently.

He smiled at me with his big eyes.

“Aigoo you.. Is it because I am not appa? Appa is not well. Let him rest. Be a good boy, would you?” I kissed his forehead.

I sat on the rocking chair in his room, swaying back and forth gently, in hope he would fall asleep, but instead, I fell asleep myself.

I was awaken when I felt someone taking him away from my arms.

“Let go. It’s just me.” I heard Junhyung’s voice.

I opened my eyes to see Junhyung smiling at me. His face look even paler under the dim lights.

“Why are you here? Did I fall asleep? Is he asleep?” I asked, looking down at the boy in my arms. His eyes were still wide open.

“I’ll do it. Go back to bed.” Junhyung said, cradling Shin Il in his arms.

“Are you feeling okay?” I asked.

“I’m fine.” He smiled.

I stood up to let him sit down.

“Sleep now, boy.” Junhyung said softly, patting Shin Il lightly.

“Why are you bullying appa? Why do you have to make him come? I told you he isn’t well, didn’t I?” I said to Shin Il.

He looked at me with his big eyes, as thou he did nothing wrong.

“Just because your eyes are big…” I mumbled.

Junhyung laughed and patted me on my cheek.

“He has your eyes.” He said.

“Such a big bully.” I said.

“Like you.” He said.

“What? Yah! I am helping you, why are you going against me?” I asked.

“Aigoo aigoo~ Sleepy Lionny is angry Lionny.” He teased me.

“Go back to sleep.” He said.

“I’ll wait for you.” I said, sitting at the corner.

I must have fallen asleep. I opened my eyes when I felt myself got lifted off the floor.

“What…” I mumbled, still half asleep.

“Shhh~ Sleep.” Junhyung whispered, kissing me on my forehead.

“Is he asleep?” I asked.

“Very.” He said.

“Let me down. I can walk. Don’t your back hurt?” I asked, snuggling closer to his chest.

“Your actions and your words don’t tally, Lionny~” He laughed, carrying me closer to him.

“Hee~” I circled my arms around his neck, holding onto him tighter.

“My big baby~” He said.

“Are you talking about yourself, baby boy?” I asked.

“No, I am talking about you, baby girl.” He said, putting me on the bed gently, covering the blanket over me.

“Does it still hurt?” I asked, slipping my hand under his shirt, massaging him lightly.

“Better.” He said, slipping under the blanket.

“Mmm.. Don’t go to work tomorrow then.” I said.

“We’ll see.” He mumbled.

I massaged his stomach as we cuddled and drift off into sleep.

***

One year

“I am Daddy, you’re Baby~” Junhyung said to Shin Il as he played with Shin Il’s arms.

Shin Il just giggled and kicked wildly under Junhyung.

“Daddy~” Junhyung said, pointing to himself.

“Baby~” He said, pointing to Shin Il.

“If you’re Baby, who am I?” He asked.

“Are you mad?” I laughed, looking up from my laptop.

“I’m teaching him.” He said.

“You’ve been repeating that phrase since hours ago. All he did was laugh. You must look really stupid for him to be giggling like that. And why are you allowing him to kick you like that?” I asked.

“Kicking is a sign that my baby boy is alive, right? Baby? Who am I?” He asked again.

“Goodness..” I mumbled, continuing with my work.

He was having the day off today, finally. He spent the whole morning playing with Shin Il.

“I’m going to pick the other two up.” I said, shutting the cover of my laptop.

“I’ll go.” He said.

“Just stay here! You hardly have a day off. We’ll eat out tonight, okay?” I asked.

“Sure! How about Japanese?” He asked.

“Right! You still owe me a whole salmon!” I said.

“I bought you salmon don right after you gave birth to Shin Il! Did you forget!?” He asked.

“That’s not a whole salmon. You said you’ll give me a whole salmon. I delivered what I promised! Iron Man suit, roomful of Coke, live Pikachu, in a way. Why are you breaking your promise to me?” I asked.

“Fine, fine! Go and pick them up first! You’re going to be late!” He hurried me.

When I came back, he was still on the hammock, playing with Shin Il, repeating the same thing over and over again.

“You’re still at it? Even if you don’t get bored, Shin Il will get bored.” I said.

“Oh, you’re back. Hi, Princess. How was your day?” He asked Ji Eun.

“I’m hungry.” She pouted.

“Go shower and then we’ll go for dinner!” He laughed.

“Where’s my boy?” He asked, looking around for Tae Hyun.

“I think he went upstairs. He seems a little upset. I wonder what happened.” I said.

Tae Hyun has been sulking since a few days ago. Today, he totally ignored everyone.

“Did something happen in school?” Junhyung asked.

“I don’t know. I asked him, but he said no. I asked the teachers, they said he is doing well. I really don’t know. Talk to him later or something?” I said.

He nodded and went back to Shin Il.

I continued with my work while waiting for the kids to shower.

“AHHHH!!! LIONNY!!! LIONNY!!!” Junhyung yelled suddenly.

“WHAT!?” I asked, irritated and shocked by his sudden yell.

“HE CALLED ME! HE CALLED ME!!” He said excitedly.

Shin Il must have gotten a shock too because he kicked Junhyung on his cheek. But Junhyung did not even seem to realize it.

“Called you want? Looney?” I laughed.

“No! He called me Daddy! He called me Daddy!” He said excitedly.

I went over to them.

“Call me again, baby. Who am I?” Junhyung asked.

“Meh~” Shin Il made a sound.

I burst into laughter.

“I am positive he called me Daddy! I am very, very sure!” Junhyung said.

“Right. Meh~” I imitated Shin Il.

“Loki ah, look here. I am Daddy, you’re Baby. If you’re Baby, who am I?” He asked again.

Why does he sound like he is giving Shin Il a really tough mathematics question.

“Stop torturing the boy.” I said, pulling Junhyung away from Shin Il.

“He called me just now! He really did! Of course he did not like pronounce ‘Daddy’ clearly! But it sounded like it!” He insisted.

“Right, right, right. You need to shower. Hungry kids are angry kids.” I said, pushing him upstairs.

“Diddy~” We stopped when we heard it.

We turned to Shin Il who was in the hammock, smiling at us.

“You heard it?” Junhyung asked.

I nodded.

“Again, baby. Who am I?” Junhyung asked.

“Daaady~” Shin Il said.

“MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Junhyung yelled excitedly, throwing Shin Il into the air.

I laughed at his excited self. When Shin Il learned to call me two months ago, Junhyung kept trying to get his son to call him too, but each time, Shin Il would just grin at him. He was so sad. He even asked me if it was because Shin Il does not acknowledge him as his father.

“Can you go and shower now?” I asked.

“Sure! Let’s go, baby ah! We’ll shower together! Shower with Daddy yay!!!” He ran upstairs with Shin Il in his arms.

We went to a Japanese restaurant and he ordered sashimi for me. I believe there is at least half a salmon here. Ji Eun and Tae Hyun were also fond of sashimi, so I did not have to eat alone.

“Hyun ah, why aren’t you eating?” I asked.

“I’m not hungry.” Tae Hyun mumbled, putting his chopsticks down.

“How is it that a growing six years old is not hungry after a whole day at school?” Junhyung asked.

“I’m not.” Tae Hyun mumbled.

Junhyung tried to feed him but Tae Hyun got angry at him.

“I DON’T WANT TO EAT!” He smacked the spoon away.

“Yah, Yong Tae Hyun, what did I say about manners? Even if you don’t want to eat, you shouldn’t smack the spoon away like this.” I scolded him.

“I SAID I DON’T WANT TO!” He yelled at me.

“Alright, then don’t eat. But there is no reason to be rude or to yell.” Junhyung frowned at him.

“Oppa~” Ji Eun poked Tae Hyun’s arm.

Shin Il was staring at his hyung too. Tae Hyun looked down.

Junhyung and I exchanged glances.

‘Is he crying?’ I mouthed to Junhyung.

Junhyung nodded slightly.

“Is something wrong? Hmm? You’ve been upset since a few days ago? Tell us, or else we would never know. Someone is bullying you in school or something?” I asked.

“No!” He turned his back to face us.

“Then what is wrong?” Junhyung asked.

“Nothing is wrong!” He shouted.

“Stop shouting, please.” Junhyung said.

“You got to tell us or else we’ll never be able to help you.” He tried to coax Tae Hyun.

“I asked your teacher, she said your studies are okay. Please, my dear, you’re only six. Umma and appa was never concerned with you having to get first in class or something. We just want our boy to be happy.” I said.

“Tell us, Tae Hyun ah~ Please.” Junhyung pleaded.

He carried Tae Hyun to sit on his lap.

“Tell appa what is wrong.” He said, wiping away Tae Hyun’s tears.

“My teacher said…” He mumbled.

“What did your teacher say?” Junhyung asked.

“She said… that a family means… blood related.” Tae Hyun said in between his sobs.

We looked at each other, and then waited for him to continue.

“I asked… What if there is no blood relation.. And she said, that means it is not considered a family.” He burst into tears.

“Bloody teacher.” I think I heard Junhyung mumbled under his breath as he hugged Tae Hyun.

“Shhh, don’t cry. Your teacher is wrong.” Junhyung said, hushing Tae Hyun.

“You were bothered by this statement?” I asked, feeling so heartbroken that a simple statement like that can hurt him so badly.

“Tae Hyun ah, remember what appa told you? Family does not mean blood relation. Yes, in the dictionary, it means that. But then we don’t abide by the dictionary to live our lives, you know. Appa and the other Beast and MBLAQ ahjusshis, we are a family too. But we are not blood related.” Junhyung explained.

“But my teacher said…” Tae Hyun pouted.

“Listen to appa’s definition of a family. Trust mine only.” Junhyung said.

“Family isn’t always blood relation. Family is the people you want in your life and people who wants you in their life too. Family is the people who accept you for whoever you are and would do anything to make you smile. Family is the people who love you no matter what. This is the definition of family, not some simple blood relation lousy explanation.” Junhyung said.

Tae Hyun looked at me, eyes still watering with tears.

“Really?” He asked.

“You don’t trust me? We don’t love you enough for your trust? We have not showed you enough that we want you in our lives and that you’re very important to us? Have we been such lousy parents? Am I such a lousy appa?” Junhyung asked.

Tae Hyun shook his head, pouting.

“No! Appa! No!” He hugged Junhyung tight, sobbing into his chest.

“Then stop thinking family means blood relation. We are a family because I said so. Umma, me, Ji Eun, Shin Il and you. We’re a family. Even Jace, Beast and MBLAQ ahjusshis, they are part of the family too. Because we all love each other and we’re all important to each other. Blood relation is just an extra factor. What is most important is the heart.” Junhyung said, poking Tae Hyun’s chest, causing him to giggle.

“Smiling already?” He asked as he continued to tickle the boy.

“You have to trust your appa. His definitions are right. He even has a book.” I said.

“A book?” Tae Hyun asked.

“Yes, what is it called again? Junhyung’s book of correct definition or something?” I asked.

Junhyung nodded.

“Really?” Tae Hyun asked.

“I’ll show it to you sometime. For now, growing boy needs to eat!” He fed Tae Hyun a spoonful of rice.

As he fed Tae Hyun, Ji Eun stopped eating.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

She kept pouting, not saying anything.

“You want me to feed you too?” Junhyung asked.

She pouted.

“Come here, princess.” He pat his other side of the lap, gesturing her to climb over.

Throughout dinner, he was busy feeding the both of them, not eating anything on his own.

“Junroro, you got to eat.” I said.

“Appa, ahhh~” Tae Hyun said, shoving a few pieces of salmon into Junhyung’s mouth.

“Appa, you like this green thing. You said you love it with salmon. Appa, ahhh!” Ji Eun said.

Before I could stop her, she shoved a spoonful of wasabi into Junhyung’s mouth.

“Oh no.” I mumbled as I watch Junhyung’s eyes widened and his face turning red.

“Is it nice?” Ji Eun asked innocently.

Junhyung nodded painfully.

“Somemore?” Ji Eun asked, scooping another spoonful of wasabi.

“Baby! Stop! I mean, enough. Give me that. Feed appa something else.” I said, taking away the wasabi from her before she sets Junhyung on fire.

“But…” Ji Eun pouted.

Junhyung pointed at the plate of beef.

“You want that?” Ji Eun asked.

Junhyung nodded.

“Okay, ahhh!” She said, feeding Junhyung.

After dinner, we shopped around for a while, or rather, I shopped while Junhyung handled the kids. He was dragged around randomly by the two while trying to handle Shin Il who could not stop moving in his arms. Poor him, but it was cute to watch.

When we got home, the kids were all worn out that they went to bed obediently. Except for Shin Il who had to have his daily fun of ‘bullying daddy’ before he go to sleep.

“Damn Tae Hyun’s teacher!” Junhyung cursed the moment he closed our room door.

“Huh?” I looked at him.

“How is it that she is a teacher!?” He said.

So he was angry all along. He just hid it well.

“Aww, don’t be angry.” I rubbed his back.

“How can I not be angry? Is that a thing to tell a six year old? Family means blood relation only. Screw her ed up brain for thinking that way!” He cursed again.

“Shhh~ Stop cursing so loudly.” I said.

“She’s not wrong, technically.” I said, helping him take off his shirt.

“How is she not wrong?” He asked, still angry.

“I mean, that’s the dictionary definition. But to tell something like that to a kid, yea, it’s wrong.” I said.

“Wrong word choice.” I continued.

“I’m going to give her a piece of my mind tomorrow! Because of her, my son sulked for almost a week! What the flying !” He cursed.

“Can you say ‘’ softly?” I glared at him.

“I am angry.” He mumbled.

“I know. I didn’t say you cannot curse. But do it softly. Our walls aren’t soundproof. I don’t want to be called up by their teacher because they cursed unknowingly in class, please.” I said.

He kept on grumbling about how unprofessional the stupid teacher is. I watch him grumble like as thou I was watching a show. It started becoming funny because he looked insane. Even before he slept, he was still grumbling about how hurt Tae Hyun was and how he is going to screw her tomorrow.

“I’m going to make sure she thinks three hundred times before she says something in future.” He grumbled.

“Then she’ll take a long time before she can say a sentence.” I said, patting his chest lightly.

“Do I care!? She hurt my son! Stupid insensitive moron! Pea sized brain idiot!” He cursed.

“Okay, okay. Shhh~ Angry father, sleep and don’t get so worked up. What if you get a heart attack? Who is going to screw that moron tomorrow, hmm?” I hushed him.

“Right.” He mumbled.

“Alright, good night, Roro~” I kissed him on his lips.

The next day, we went together to pick Tae Hyun. We arrived in his school earlier and he stomped into the teacher’s room like any angry parent would. He asked for the teacher and gave the poor lady a piece of his mind.

He lectured her with full-blown swag like how he would rap on stage. She must have recognized him because she looked both in shock and in awe. I could only stand at a corner and laugh. But I stopped him when I felt that he was going overboard with his ‘you’re such an insensitive moron’ speech.

“Nice speech, but so fierce.” I said, handing him water.

“Of course! If I am not fierce enough, she’ll not be awaken!” He raised his voice.

“Alright, alright shhh~ Now the whole world knows you’re Tae Hyun’s father.” I said.

“Good! Then they’ll not dare to bully him!” He said.

“Okay, okay~” I laughed.

Tae Hyun seemed kind of shocked to see the both of us.

“How’s my boy?” Junhyung asked, hugging Tae Hyun.

“Good.” Tae Hyun smiled.

“Very well. We’ll wait for Ji Eun and then go for dinner, okay?” He asked.

Tae Hyun nodded happily. It was nice seeing him smile again.

***

Three years

I opened my eyes when I felt the bed move. Junhyung opened his eyes and looked at me. We smiled when we saw Shin Il trying to climb up onto our bed.

“You woke up so early, baby?” Junhyung asked, carrying Shin Il up.

“Daaaaady~” He smiled.

He likes to drag the ‘Da’ in ‘Daddy’.

I glanced at the clock. It was only 6.30AM.

“Why are you up so early?” I asked, playing with Shin Il’s hand.

“Perhaps someone knows it is his birthday today?” Junhyung asked, snuggling his face into Shin Il’s stomach, causing wild laughter from the boy.

“Nooooooo Daaaaady~ Noooooo~~” He laughed.

“No? It’s not your birthday?” Junhyung asked, continuing to tickle him.

He was screaming and laughing at the top of his voice.

“Yah, yah~ You’ll wake the two. Shhh..” I said, smacking Junhyung.

He stopped and planted a kiss on Shin Il’s forehead.

“Happy birthday, little monster.” He said.

Shin Il giggled and snuggled in between us. He fell asleep again very soon, so did we. When the alarm clock rang at 8.30AM, we were reluctant to wake up but we quickly shut it off so as not to wake Shin Il up.

“Morning.” Junhyung mumbled, kissing me on my cheek.

I nodded. I laughed as I watch him stumble out of bed, banging into walls before he finally reached the door. I left Shin Il to sleep while I go prepare breakfast. After the both of us were done, we woke the kids up. Waking them up was tough. All three of them had the same temper when being forced awake.

“Happy birthday~” Tae Hyun said, patting Shin Il’s head as he sat down for breakfast.

“Hyunggggggggggg~” Shin Il smiled, shoving food into Tae Hyun’s mouth.

Ji Eun kissed Shin Il on his cheek before sitting down.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Shin Il screamed, like how he always greeted Ji Eun.

Ji Eun laughed, obviously enjoying it. After breakfast, we got them ready for school. Junhyung took the two to school while I took Shin Il to pre-school.

“Be back early. The boys know, right?” I asked.

Junhyung nodded. He looked so cute carrying both their bags on either side of his arm. To think the badass rapper of Beast would be carrying children’s bag.

“Loki, go kiss Daddy goodbye.” I said.

He ran to Junhyung, banging his head against Junhyung’s crotch.

“Agh…” Junhyung groaned, but squat down to kiss him anyway.

“Your kids sure love your crotch.” I whispered to him.

“But you like it better, don’t you?” He winked at me seductively.

“Idiot.” I mumbled, elbowing his ribs.

“It’s yours.” He winked.

“Shut up. Go!” I pinched his side.

“Bye bye Umma! Bye bye Shin Il!” Tae Hyun and Ji Eun waved before crawling into the car.

“BUBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!” Shin Il yelled as thou they were three mountains away.

“Don’t your throat hurt, birthday boy?” I asked.

“No~” He smiled, jumping back into the house.

I strongly believe this is the start of his mischief.

While the kids were in school and Junhyung at work, I prepared stuff for tonight. We invited the boys for a stay over as well as to celebrate Shin Il’s birthday. I was racing against time to prepare the food and decorations. Thankfully Seungho said he would help get the cake when MBLAQ is on the way.

In the afternoon, I hurried to pick Shin Il up. I showered him and left him to play alone. Fortunately for that doodle wall, he spent the whole afternoon painting on it as well as on himself. He was dirty all over again, but at least he was quiet.

“Loki ah! Stop playing and pack up.” I said, looking at the time.

It was close to 6PM. Junhyung would be home with the two soon and the boys would be here any time.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because MBLEAST ahjusshis are coming, remember? Umma told you about it this morning. And look at you, with paint all over.” I said.

“Why?” He asked again.

“Put the paint back where you got it from please.” I said.

He shook his head.

“Please, baby. You want ahjusshis to come here and see you looking like a bucket of paint?” I asked.

He grinned and nodded.

“Loki Yong!” I frowned.

He was saved by the doorbell. I opened the door and was greeted by yelling MBLAQ.

“Where is the birthday boy!?” Mir jumped happily.

“Where do I put the cake?” Seungho asked.

“In the fridge. Thanks.” I said.

“LOKI!” I yelled for him.

He ran from the doodle wall to the door with his hands filled with paint. Before I could stop him, he crashed into Seungho, hugging him tightly.

“Omo omo!” Seungho handed Cheondong the cake.

“Birthday boy!” Seungho smiled.

Shin Il smiled at him cheekily.

“You look like you did something to me. What did you do?” Seungho asked, looking around.

I know I ought to be scolding Shin Il, but I couldn’t help laughing. The back of Seungho’s jeans, where his cheeks were, had two small yellow palms printed on them. He looked into the mirror and gasped. It was like someone grabbed his . But technically, Shin Il did grab his .

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

“Cheeky fellow!” He turned back to Shin Il who was laughing at his masterpiece.

“God of mischief huh?” He said, turning the boy upside down.

Luckily for Shin Il, he enjoyed such things.

“Please, make yourself at home. Junhyung would be home soon with the two. I think Beast would be coming soon too. I need to get stuff done, and shower this boy.” I said.

“Go do your stuff, we’ll entertain the birthday boy. We can help you shower him too.” G.O said.

“Really? Alright, please. Thank you.” I smiled.

It was about 6.45PM when Beast came. MBLAQ had helped with showering Shin Il therefore he looks presentable.

“Where is the father and the other two babies?” Doojoon asked.

“I don’t know.” I said.

“Huh?” He looked at me.

“Could you help me call him? He is supposed to be back already.” I said, feeling a little worried.

“He is not picking up.” Doojoon said, trying to call again.

“Maybe they got stuck in a jam.” Yoseob said.

“Maybe. Oh well~” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Where’s Daaaaady?” Shin Il asked me at about 7.15PM.

“I don’t know, darling. I’ll call him, okay?” I said.

“Hyung? Noona? Where?” He asked.

“I’ll call them.” I said, looking for my phone.

I found it when it rang. It was Junhyung.

“Junroro! Where are you!?” I yelled.

“Lionny… Lionny..” He said in a shaky voice.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Haneul… I… I…” He sounded as thou he had cried.

“Hey, calm down. Tell me what’s wrong. Please.” I said.

The other boys looked at me, sensing something wrong as well. I put the phone on loudspeaker.

“Junhyung, is everything okay?” Seungho asked.

“Hyung… Seungho hyung…” He said. I was positive he was crying.

“Tell us what is wrong, Junhyung ah. Calm down, please.” Hyunseung said.

“Tae Hyun… Ji Eun… I don’t know where are they.” He said.

“What!?” I yelled out of shock.

Yoseob grabbed my hand and shook his head at me.

“Sorry, love. Sorry.” I apologized.

“What happened? Tell us in detail.” Doojoon said calmly.

“I was a little late today. Usually I’ll arrive before them, but today I was held up. I thought I had time, so I continued working. When I realized I was late, I rushed to pick them up. I told them before that if I was later than they were, they are to wait for me at the gate. I’ll pick them up for sure. I arrived, and they were not there. I thought they were held back in school, so I waited. But it seemed like everyone has left. I went into school to ask, they said that all the students were gone already. Their teachers say they saw Tae Hyun and Ji Eun leave class. I couldn’t even ask their friends because there was no one around at all! I searched around the area, but I couldn’t find them!” He explained.

“How long ago was this? Why do you call only now!?” I shouted at him out of anger.

“I… I… I did not want to worry you. I thought they may be around the corner. I am sorry! Lionny, I am sorry!” He broke down.

“Don’t scold him. It’s not his fault.” Hyunseung whispered to me.

“Okay, Junhyung. Are you listening?” Seungho asked.

“Yea.. yes..” He said.

“Junhyung, come home now. We’ll set out to look for them together, okay? Don’t cry, don’t worry, don’t panic. Just. Come. Home.” Seungho said.

“Come home!? But where are they!? What if they are around the corner!? What if…” Seungho cut him off before he could continue.

“Yong Junhyung. Just. Come. Home. NOW!” Seungho said.

“Yes.. Yes..” Junhyung sniffed.

“Love, it’s okay. We’ll find them, okay? Come home and we’ll find a way. Clear your mind and come home safely, please.” I tried to calm him.

“Yes.” He said, hanging up.

“Could they have wandered off? Thinking Junhyung wasn’t coming?” Dongwoon asked.

I shook my head.

“They are not those who would wander off. They are really obedient when it comes to all these. If we ask them to stay put till we come back, they would.” I said.

“Umma~” Shin Il said, crawling onto my lap, hugging me.

I guess he knew what was going on.

“Where could they have gone to?” I asked myself, messing up my hair.

“Calm down. We’ll find them.” Seungho said, tapping furiously on his iPad.

Junhyung came back really quickly. His cheeks were tear stained and his eyes were puffy.

“I’m sorry!” He apologized immediately, hugging me tight.

“No, don’t say sorry. It’s not your fault. We’ll find them.” I hushed him.

“It’s my fault! It’s my fault! I was late! I was carried away with my work! I shouldn’t have! I put work above them! How could I do that? It’s my fault!” He cried.

“Shhh~ You’re scaring Shin Il. Shhhh~ It’s fine.” I coaxed him.

Shin Il hugged his Daddy, not saying anything.

After calming Junhyung down, we settled down, brainstorming as to where the kids might have went to.

“If they are on foot, they would not go far.” Seungho said, circling on the map.

“Yes, besides, the two of them are not the kind who would run off or something. They may just be attracted to something, or maybe they got tired of waiting so they went to the playground nearby. There is a playground nearby, right?” Doojoon asked.

Junhyung nodded.

“We can split up. Haneul and Junhyung you cover one area. Beast will cover one area. MBLAQ will cover another. We will find them.” G.O said.

“Someone has to stay back to look after Shin Il.” Mir said.

“I’ll do it with you. While we’re at home, we’ll call people we know to ask them for help too. And perhaps, if the police find them wandering around, they’ll take them home. We’ll wait at home.” Dongwoon said.

“Thank you so much.” I said.

“Don’t be. We’re family. Come on, let’s go!” Seungho gestured.

“Baby, be good and listen to Mir ahjusshi and Dongwoon ahjusshi, okay?” I told Shin Il.

He nodded.

“Love you.” I kissed him on his forehead.

Just as we were about to step out of the house, Junhyung’s phone rang. It was an unknown number.

“Hello?” He answered, putting the call on loudspeaker.

“Yong Junhyung sshi~” An auto tuned voice said.

“Who is this?” He asked.

“Tsk tsk~ How rude of you. Perhaps, you don’t really want your kids back?” The voice asked.

Junhyung looked at us with wide eyes.

“WHO THE ARE YOU!? WHERE DID YOU TAKE OUR BABIES!” I yelled out of anger.

“Tsk tsk tsk~ So rude, so rude.” The voice said.

Seungho tugged onto me arm, gesturing me to be quiet.

“What do you want?” Junhyung asked calmly.

“I want… to play a little game with you and your wife. That’s all. But well, I know you have lots of friends near you now, perhaps listening to this conversation. It’s your youngest’s birthday today, isn’t it? Wish him a very happy birthday for me.” The voice said.

“What game?” He asked.

“Ever heard of Running Man, right?” The voice asked.

“And so?” Junhyung asked.

“You’ll be the seeker. I’ll hide. If you find me before 10PM today, I’ll return the kids to you.” The voice said.

“How do I know if you’re not ing me up?” Junhyung asked, jaw clenched.

“Well… It’s up to you to believe, you know. But time is ticking.” The voice laughed.

“Where the hell do I find you!?” Junhyung yelled.

“Of course, I’ll give you a clue, and evidence I have your kids. Your adopted kids. Maybe, they aren’t that important after all. Hahahahaha~” The person ended the call.

“Bloody ~” Junhyung hissed.

His phone rang again. It was a message this time.

It was two photos. One photo of a playground, another photo of Tae Hyun and Ji Eun’s bags. Below were the words; Time is ticking. Game, start! ^^

“Do you recognize this playground?” Seungho asked.

We stared at the picture of the playground for a long time.

“It looks like the one near their school. But all playgrounds look the same.” Junhyung mumbled.

“Let’s go! No time to lose! We’ll find on the way and then let each other know.” Doojoon said.

“We’ll keep in contact by phone.” I said.

“We’ll find them. No worries. Okay?” Seungho said.

We nodded and headed off separately.

“We’ll find you, babies. We’ll find you.” Junhyung mumbled to himself as he sped off.

“We’ll find them.” I squeezed his hand.

Which is it ing with us like that on a day like this? I am so going to snap his neck. 

***
bbaf729ce5a937fba9588ce.gif

Junhyung: He called me just now! He really did! Of course he did not like pronounce ‘Daddy’ clearly! But it sounded like it!

tumblrlt9gdezhqa1qbqzlre.gif

Shin Il: Daaady~

tumblrlspca9biej1qaxmjx.gif

Junhyung: MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblrkvysplhi5q1qate82.png

Ji Eun: Is it nice? *I remember seeing a gif for this! But I couldn't find it :(*

tumblrlo794ecgm81qh6yvm.gif

Junhyung: Do I care!? She hurt my son! Stupid insensitive moron! Pea sized brain idiot!

tumblrm01xsybe1t1qavpl0.gif

tumblrltlja5colp1r21hgk.gif

Junhyung lecturing Tae Hyun's insensitive teacher

tumblrm562xg1fzg1r7mqq6.gif

Junhyung: It’s my fault! It’s my fault! I was late! I was carried away with my work!
I shouldn’t have! I put work above them! How could I do that? It’s my fault!