Special treatment

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

I woke up, but did not open my eyes. I stretched my arms, forgetting all about my injured shoulder. I winced when I strained the wound. I turn around, burying my face into the pillow. I touched the bed, it felt big and comfy. The hut didn’t feel like this. The mattress we slept on was thin and single size. Then again, when did I even have a bed and a pillow? The air in this place smelt good too, and also, it isn’t hot. Is that air condition I am feeling?

I opened my eyes and got a shock. Where was I? This is definitely not the hut, neither does it look like part of the area. This place is luxury! It looks like a hotel, but it also looks like a house. And shouldn’t hotels be enclosed? Why can I see the scenery outside? Wasn’t I in the car? How did I get here? And where is Haneul? Was I dreaming all the while? What is going on?

I sat on the king sized bed, trying to think back. Was there something I missed? Or forgot? I am sure I am still in Kenya, but where is this place? How exactly did I get here? I was startled by the loud sound of something dropping onto the floor.

“Eek!” I yelped, but covered my mouth realizing how sissy that sounded.

I turned to the side where the sound came from. I saw a pair of feet sticking out from the side of the sofa. I got out of bed and peeked over. I almost laughed out when I saw Haneul asleep on her stomach. On the floor lied a phone and a book. Since the book was open, I guess it was the book that dropped from her hand when she fell asleep, causing the loud sound.

“You still sleep like that…” I mumbled, looking at her sleep.

I remember the first time I saw her sleeping like that, I got a shock thinking she may have unknowingly turned over. I worried when I thought it may be difficult for her to breathe, so I turned her over, but she fell back into the same position. I spent 15 minutes trying to turn her over but she kept turning over.

I put  her on my lap and held onto her tight so as not to let her turn over, but she still managed to push her way through and ended up lying on her cheek on my lap. I kept trying to turn her over but eventually I woke her up. She glared at me, asking me what the hell I was trying to do. I told her about her sleeping position and my worry but she just frowned at me.

“I sleep like this!” I remember her yelling at me.

“But how is it possible to breathe?” I asked worriedly.

“I AM NOT DEAD YET, AM I!?” She yelled back, before lying back down on her stomach, falling asleep.

“It’s been three years but some things stay the same, don’t they?” I whispered to her softly.

I picked up her book and sat on the seat beside her, watching her sleep. I took her hand and played with her fingers gently so as not to wake her up. After about half an hour, she slowly opened her eyes.

“Oh.. You’re awake..” She mumbled, pushing herself off the sofa.

I laughed to myself when I saw a bit of drool on the corner of her lips.

“What?” She asked.

I gestured her forward.

“What?” She asked again.

I got up and went to her instead.

“Drool.” I laughed, wiping it off her lips.

“Damn~” She pushed me away and ran into the toilet.

When she came back, she glared at me.

“Where is this place? Why am I here?” I asked.

“You really don’t remember anything?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Were you that drowsy?” I heard her mumble.

“What?” I asked.

“Well… It was hot and uncomfortable in the car, as well as the hut, and you’re not well. So I thought… I should let you sleep in comfort.” She said, looking away.

“Eh?” I was still confused.

“Tsk~” She sighed.

“We were on the way back, but I thought it would be uncomfortable for you to rest in such a hot place, so I took you here. Simple as that.” She said.

“But where is this place?” I asked.

“A hotel!” She yelled.

I looked around.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Or else what!?” She shouted.

“It doesn’t look like a hotel..” I mumbled.

“You want luxury, don’t you!? I’m giving you luxury! So why are you complaining!?” She shouted.

“I’m not complaining.” I mumbled.

“Just… Don’t tell anyone about it, not even the other boys.” She said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“While everyone else is out there working, you’re here. Do you want me dead so badly?” She asked.

“Of course not!” I said.

“Just.. rest here for tonight okay?” She said.

“But I’ll feel guilty. I mean.. they are out there and I am just here.” I said.

“So what? Do you want to go back?” She asked.

I shook my head. It was indeed difficult to leave after coming here. This place is luxury.

“Where are you going!?” I shouted when she headed for the door.

“Somewhere.” She said, heading out.

“DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE!!” I shouted, running after her.

“GET BACK IN!” She commanded.

I automatically slipped back into the room. I was sure she wasn’t leaving since her stuff is still here, so I sat on the sofa waiting for her to come back.

Haneul’s POV

I opened the door and saw Junhyung pouting at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Where did you go?” He asked pitifully.

“Food.” I said, gesturing him to the table.

He stared blankly as I laid out the food I bought on the table. I handed him the fork and spoon.

“Eat.” I said.

He looked at the food, then at me.

“Eat? All??” He asked.

“Yes, all.” I said.

“How could I finish so much?” He asked.

“This is not a lot. It’s a one person meal. And you were complaining that we didn’t serve rice and meat, didn’t you? I paid for this, so you better finish it.” I said.

He looked at the food, and then started eating slowly. He seemed to be forcing himself to eat after a few scoops.

“Are you full?” I asked.

He looked up at me with stuffed cheeks.

“I’ll finish it.” He said.

“It’s alright.” I said, taking the spoon from him.

“I’ll finish it. I’ll just eat slowly.” He said.

“It’s fine, really.” I said.

“But you cannot be eating so little all the time. Just look at you now.” I said.

“What’s wrong with me? I’m fine.” He said.

“Gosh~ Have you not looked into the mirror for a long time? You’re like a stick now!” I asked.

“You’re exaggerating.” He laughed.

“What do you mean by exaggerating!? I could lift you easily, please.” I said.

“How do you know?” He asked.

“I was the one who half carried you into this room!” I shouted, then I looked away after realizing what I just said.

“What did you say?” He asked.

“Nothing.” I mumbled.

“You carried me here?” He asked.

“NO!” I denied.

“You did! Or else how did I get here?” He asked.

“I got someone to drag you up here.” I said.

“Ayeee~” He poked my cheek before skipping to the bed.

“Are you feeling okay?” I asked him.

“Better than ever.” He said, spreading himself out onto the bed.

“Enjoy it here then.” I said.

“So volunteers do get such luxury~ You said they don’t?” He made a face at me.

“I paid for this, idiot.” I blabbered out.

“What?” He shot up, looking at me.

I slapped myself mentally. Why do I keep blabbering the wrong things today?

“Yes! I paid for this! So don’t tell anyone and just enjoy it here!” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“What why?” I said.

“Why are you so nice?” He asked.

I looked at him.

“This luxurious special treatment, you don’t snap at me, you don’t scold me, you don’t force me to finish my food and all. Why are you so nice suddenly?” He asked.

“Fine! You want me to be fierce, I sure can.” I said.

“It’s not that! Just, I don’t wish you to be nice out of guilt.” He said.

“Just treat me as you would. Don’t be extra nice just because I might get infected and most probably die.” He said.

I felt as thou he reached into my chest and yanked my heart out. I felt guilty. Of course. How could I not?

Junhyung’s POV

“YOU WOULDN’T DIE!!!” She suddenly shouted.

“You know the possibility, don’t you?” I said.

“IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!” She cried.

“It’s alright. I’m prepared.” I said, trying to hug her.

“WHO ASKED YOU TO BE A BUSYBODY!? WHO ASKED YOU TO SHIELD ME!? DIDN’T I SAY NO TRYING TO BE A HERO!? WHY DID YOU DO IT!?” She screamed.

“I wasn’t trying to be a hero.” I said.

“THEN WHAT!?” She yelled.

“It was a natural response.” I said.

“NO! THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE THERE YET YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO DID IT! IF YOU WEREN’T TRYING TO BE A HERO, THEN WHAT!?” She shouted.

“Well, other people there don’t love you like I do, that’s why.” I said.

She opened and closed as thou she wanted to say something but can’t.

“Because I love you, it is a natural response for me. I wasn’t trying to be a hero.” I said.

“But what am I going to do if you die!?” She cried.

“Then… You just live like how you have been living for the past three years.” I said, hugging her.

“I don’t want to!!” She punched my back as she cried.

I didn’t say anything. I let her cry while I caressed her back.

“I miss you, Haneul ah~” I said.

“Don’t die!!” She cried.

“Your reflexes were always slow! When did it become so fast!? Why did you do it!! STUPID!!” Her tears soaked my chest.

“My reflexes have always been fast when it comes to you.” I laughed.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared or worried, but everything didn’t seem to matter anymore having Haneul here with me.

“As long as you’re with me, I’m not afraid of anything.” I said.

“Don’t cry already.” I pat her head lightly.

“Who says I am crying?” Her tone of voice changed suddenly.

She pushed me away while sniffing and wiping her tears.

“Then what is happening now?” I asked, trying to hold in my laughter.

“I’m having a flu!” She said.

“Alright, alright. What a bad flu. Should I get you medicine?” I asked.

“No! Shut up! Move away!” She pushed passed me.

“Wah~ Your attitude really change too quickly.” I said.

“Didn’t you say I shouldn’t be extra nice!? Didn’t you say I should treat you as I would!?” She glared at me.

“Right, right, right. You’re right.” I smiled.

“Of course! Or else who should be right?” She said, still sniffing.

“No one, no one. Only you.” I said.

“But…” I said.

“WHAT!?” She shouted.

“Can you don’t be so fierce? I mean… It’ll be better if you’re a little nicer.” I said.

 “I’ll think about it.” She mumbled.

“Sure.” I said, throwing myself onto the bed.

“BE CAREFUL OF YOUR SHOULDER!!!” She shouted.

“You care for me~” I smiled at her.

“I don’t! I just don’t wish to have to bring you to the hospital again!” She said, stomping outside to sit.

I went to join her but she snapped at me.

“Why are you following me!?” She frowned.

“What? I can’t sit here too?” I asked.

“NO!” She pulled the chair away.

I stuck my tongue out at her and sat on the floor.

“YAH!!!” She shouted.

“YAH!! I know you paid for this, but you don’t own this hotel! If you’re not happy with me sitting here, you can sit inside, or there, or there.” I said, pointing around.

“I came first!” She said.

“I am not invading your space!” I said.

“Your presence is a huge invasion!” She said.

“Don’t cross the line!” I said, putting the table in between us.

“SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!” She yelled, kicking my foot back to ‘my side’.

We ended up arguing and pushing each other all night, yelling at each other not to cross the line. Although she seemed pretty pissed after a few provocation from me, I thought it was fun. At least we were becoming better. I hope it’ll last.

“Let’s sleep.” I said, standing up.

She nodded obediently and headed into the room. We both look at the only bed in the room, and then at each other.

“I’ll sleep on the couch then.” I said.

“No, no. You’ll sleep on the bed.” She said.

“How can I let you sleep on the couch, idiot?” I said, pushing her to the bed.

“No!! You’re the idiot here.” She stood up and pushed me onto the bed.

We debated for quite some time. We both ended up on the bed, leaving a big gap in the middle. As much as I wish to hug her to sleep, I know I can’t, at least, not now.

“Erm.. Good night.” I said.

“Good night.” She mumbled, hiding under the blanket.

There was only one blanket, so we had to share. I knew she was asleep when she pulled almost three quarter of the blanket away from me. I lean over to look at her sleeping face. I smiled to myself. I wish I could let her snuggle in my arms.

I kissed my finger and touched her cheek with them.

“Soon, I’ll kiss you with my lips.” I whispered into her ear.

***
This chapter turned out pretty weird in my opion~ I'm sorry. I'm not in the best condition today. I'm still hungover from the concert I attended last night. My body is aching from neck down and I'm just still so high~ Hahahaha~ Do I sound like I am on drugs? Gahhhh yes.. The concert was like a drug XD Anyway, who expected this? Hahahaha~ Curious how luxurious the hotel is? *points down*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and also, Junhyung when Haneul cares for him *points down*

Photobucket