Just the two of us

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

The tests and scans they did caused me lots of pain and tiredness. I lied on the bed and closed my eyes, but couldn’t seem to be able to fall asleep.

“Junhyung, are you asleep?” The doctor asked as he stepped in.

“No. I’m not.” I said, sitting up.

“You can lie down. It’s tiring, isn’t it?” He said.

“Yea, kind of. But it’s okay.” I said.

“We’ll schedule you for the operation next week. Is it okay?” He asked.

“Next week? I don’t wish to drag any longer.” I said.

“Junhyung, I chose next week because I want you to think about it again.” He said.

“I’m done with the thinking. I’m certain.” I said.

“But why the sudden decision? Is someone pressuring you?” He asked.

“No one. It’s just myself. I.. I want to be normal.” I said.

“But Junhyung, you are normal.” He said.

I smiled and shook my head.

“Junhyung, I’ve known you for years. You’re not the type to make rash decisions.” He said.

“Sir, I really want this.” I said.

“You sure you really want it? If yes, then why did you wait for so many years? Why didn’t you come to me a few years back?” He said.

“Okay. I have a girlfriend.” I said.

“I knew it. Did she force you into this?” He asked.

“No no no! She doesn’t know. And she’s not the kind of girl. I.. I just want to be normal for her.” I said.

“Junhyung, it’s not worth the risk. It was 7:3 three years ago, but with your body now, it’s 8:2, or maybe even 9:1. Is it worth the risk? You may die, do you know?” He said.

I smiled and nodded at him.

“She’s worth everything.” I said.

“She’s worth everything to you, but are you worth everything to her?” He asked.

I froze at his question. I have never thought about it.

“Whatever it is, I’m going to do it.” I said.

“Do your friends know?” He asked.

“No. I didn’t tell them.” I said.

“How can you keep such things from them!?” He shouted at me.

“I’ll talk to them soon.” I said.

“Junhyung ah, please, give it some thought. I’ll stop if you change your mind, even if I’ve cut you open.” He said.

“What lousy anesthesia your hospital has if I would wake up suddenly during the operation.” I laughed.

 “I’m serious!” He laughed.

“I get it. I’m serious too. I’m doing it. Even if it’s 10:0, I’m doing it.” I said.

“Think about it. Anyway, you look extremely tired. Sleep for awhile before leaving.” He said.

I looked at the time. It was 7AM.

“No, I have to go.” I said.

“Work again?” He asked.

“No.” I said.

“Then where? Sleep.” He said.

“You said I may die, right? If I die, I don’t want to die in regrets. I have to at least do something memorable with my girl.” I smiled and left.

“Get some rest!” I heard him yell.

I drove to Haneul’s apartment and parked by the side to call her.

“Hmmmm~” She answered in an extremely sleepy voice.

“Baby girl, good morning.” I said.

“Huh?” She mumbled.

“Darling, it’s me. Junhyung.” I said.

“Oh hi. It’s very early you know~” She mumbled.

“But Darling, can you wake up already?” I asked.

“Why? Let me sleep.” She whined.

“Please Darling. You can sleep in the car. Hmm? Please.” I pleaded her.

“The sun haven’t even rise.” She said.

“Come on, it has rose already.” I laughed.

“Awww but why? I’m tired!” I could picture her pouting and snuggling her face into her pillow.

“Come on, I promise you it’ll be fun.” I said.

“Who the is at the door!?” I heard her shout.

“Aww Junhyung love~ Let me sleep!” She whined.

I just smiled, not answering her.

“Hmm Junhyung? Yah~” She whined.

She opened the door with a frown on her face, her hair and clothes in a big mess.

“Good morning, Beautiful.” I said, planting a kiss on her cheek.

She stared at me in shock.

“Why.. You.. How.. Where.. When.. Now.. Huh?” She mumbled.

“What are you saying?” I squash her cheeks before pushing her back into the house.

“Hang up the call already. Are phone bills very cheap?” I said, taking the phone from her.

“We’re going out.” I smiled.

“Eh? Haneul! Where are you!?” I shouted when I didn’t see her around.

She was back on her bed, hugging her bear and wrapped in her blanket.

“Haneul ah!” I shook her lightly.

“Let me sleep.” She mumbled, crawling onto my lap.

“You’ll sleep in the car, okay?” I said.

“Five minutes.” She mumbled.

“No! The other time you said five minutes, you didn’t wake up for half an hour! I shouted till my voice went hoarse, you were still asleep!” I grumbled.

“That was an accident.” She laughed.

“Come on. Wake up please. I’m already here.” I shook her.

“But I’m tired!” She pouted.

“I know you’re tired! All you have to do now is to wash up and eat something. I’ll do the rest. You can sleep later.” I said.

“It’s not even 6AM!” She said.

“Of course! It’s already almost 8!” I forced her eyes open.

“Why are you doing this to me?” She whined, throwing herself onto me.

“I want to take you somewhere special.” I said.

“But it’s too early. It’s not special anymore!” She said.

“Fine. Then you continue to sleep yea. Sleep well.” I said, pushing her back onto the bed.

“Ahhh~ Okay okay! Don’t be angry! Wah! I’m up I’m up! Gosh! I slept so well. Feeling so damn refreshed now. YAY!” She ran pass me and into the toilet.

I laughed at her cuteness.

“Thank you.” I mumbled.

While she showered, I packed some of her clothes and her basic necessities for her.

“Where are we going!?” She looked at me in surprise.

“Somewhere special.” I said as I went into the toilet to take her toothbrush and all.

“Hey hey hey! I’ll do it myself.” She said hurriedly.

“It’s okay, I’m almost done. Are all these okay?” I asked, showing her what I’ve taken.

“How do you know where my stuffs are?” She looked at me.

“Of course I do.” I smiled.

I took her hair dryer and helped her dry her hair.

“I can do it on my own.” She said.

“I want to do it for you.” I said, combing her long hair.

“Why suddenly?” She asked.

“What suddenly?” I asked her.

“Suddenly the trip. Suddenly being so nice.” She said.

“What? When have I ever been mean to you? And, I have wanted to take you on a trip for a long time but never had the chance.” I said, putting her hair to the side.

She looked around the room and suddenly turned back to me.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Did you open that drawer!?” She pointed.

I laughed and nodded.

She covered her face and mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

“Why!? Your and bras are cute, just like you. But they are so messy. Don’t you know your bra cups will go out of shape if you just squash them in like this? I’ve straighten them out for you anyway.” I said.

“YOU WHAT!?” She looked at me with a horrified face.

“I’ve straighten them out for you.” I smiled.

“Ahhh Junhyung!!!! WHY!!!!” She slapped my chest.

“Why are you embarrassed!? I can show you my boxers next time. Should we get matching ones?” I asked her.

“Oh my god!” She shouted.

“Cute~” I pinched her cheek.

“And also, you sure you wear a C? You aren’t deceiving yourself right?” I .

“What!? You even checked the size!?” She shouted.

“I just happened to see. Really? It’s a C?” I asked, pointing at her chest.

“It’s A, B, C, D, E, F, G plus together!! IT'S VERY BIG, OKAY!!” She yelled, her cheeks were so red that even a tomato seemed pale.

“Wow~” I said.

“How can you do this!?” She pouted.

“Why can’t I? The other time you laughed at my boxer size too.” I said.

“When on earth!? What did I say!?” She shouted.

“You said that the hip area of my boxer should be XL while the crotch area should be XXS so as not to defeat the purpose of actually wearing a boxer and that when the wind comes it wouldn’t be too windy or else my little Junhyung might get rheumatism!” I yelled back.

“ Is this revenge!?” She frowned.

“No, it isn’t. This is just simply taking a look. Hmm~ But still, is it really a C? I thought it was a B or something.” I said.

“Yong Junhyung!!!!” She kicked my side.

“Aigoo! So violent. How unfair. Only you can laugh at me.” I mumbled as I grabbed her bag and dragged her out.

“Of course!” She bit my neck.

“OUCH! ARE YOU A VAMPIRE!?” I yelled.

“YES!” She stuck out her tongue.

“Whatever! Eat this, VAMPIRE!” I shouted, stuffing a piece of bread into .

“I DRINK BLOOD!” She yelled.

“Just eat bread! You’re vegetarian!” I said.

***

“Where are we going?” She asked as she woke up from her nap.

“Hmm? Somewhere.” I said, patting her chest.

“I’m so sleepy.” She mumbled as she curled up in the seat, hugging the teddy bear as a bolster.

“Then sleep.” I said.

“Should I drive? You looked like you haven’t sleep. Did you even sleep last night?” She asked.

“I’m not tired.” I lied.

“You look super pale and tired.” She said, touching my cheek.

“It’s your eyes playing tricks on you. Just sleep. We’ll be there soon.” I said.

“Where exactly is the place? Tell me and I’ll drive.” She said.

“Not telling.” I stuck out my tongue at her.

“Okay then give me the directions. I’ll drive.” She said.

“No. Just sleep. I’m fine.” I said.

“I’ll look like you’ll doze off any moment.” She said.

“I already told you I am fine.” I said.

She pushed the seat back up and hugged the bear with a slight pout.

“Why?” I asked.

“I’ll accompany you.” She smiled.

“Don’t have to! Just sleep.” I said.

“I insist.” She made a face at me.

“Thank you.” I said, pinching her cheek.

“Don’t have to thank me. Are you hungry? I’ll feed you!” She said excitedly.

She kept shoving bread and kimbap into my mouth.

We soon arrive at our destination.

“Yong….. Yong…..” She tried to pronounce the Korean.

“Yongpyong! Pabo!” I laughed at her.

“YAH! I know it is Yongpyong! Who told you to be a busybody and disrupt my thoughts!? I was just trying to make sure!” She pouted.

“Opps~ I’m sorry.” I smiled as I carried our bags.

“So, what’s this Yongpyong place?” She asked.

“It’s a ski resort. Are you blind!?” I grabbed her hand and pointed to the mountains.

“SKI RESORT!? What are we doing here!?” She looked at me in surprise.

“Oh. To eat samgyupsal.” I smiled.

“What eat samgyupsal!?” She frowned.

“To ski of course! That’s why I told you to sleep just now. See, you’ve become so stupid suddenly.” I laughed.

“I’m not stupid!” She punched my arm.

“Of course, you’re not~ Yong~~~~ Yong~~~~ What are we doing in a ski resort!?” I imitated her.

“YAH!” She pouted.

“Come here~” I laughed, pulling her closer to me.

I checked the both of us into the resort while she looked around.

“You always wanted to ski, right?” I said as we entered our room.

She nodded and ran to the window.

“WAH!!!” She yelled, poking the glass window excitedly.

“Nice view.” I said, looking down with her.

From our room, we could see the whole ski resort. The snow covered mountains and the people skiing; everything was just beautiful.

“Come on! Let’s go already!” I said.

“Go where?” She asked.

“To buy wood.” I said.

“Huh?” She looked at me.

“To ski of course! Or else what are we doing here!? Pabo!” I laughed at her.

“Don’t you want to rest?” She asked.

“Rest? I’m more energetic as ever.” I said.

“Your face tells otherwise.” She said.

“There are problems with your eyes.” I said.

“What do you want to do first? Snowboard? Ski? Skate? Snow fight? Walk around?” I asked her.

“I don’t know. Which one do you want to teach me first?” She said.

“Well, we can teach you how to walk first.” I said.

“I CAN WALK!” She shouted.

“You asked me which do I want to teach you first and walking is in the option!” I laughed.

“WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM TODAY!?” She frowned.

“My problem is you! You’re so cute when you’re clueless.” I .

“Junhyung.” She frowned.

“Okay sorry.” I mumbled.

“I’ll teach you everything, okay? Skiing first.” I said.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because it’s the nearest.” I laughed, pointing to the renting area.

“Aigoo~ I thought there was a special reason for it.” She laughed.

“No, there isn’t. Sit here while I go get the stuff.” I said.

I came back with our skiing gears.

“How do I put this on?” She asked, looking at the shoe.

I smiled at her and helped her put on the shoes.

“Where are your gloves?” I asked her as we walked out.

“Oh. I don’t know.” She said.

“Tsk tsk~” I took off mine and put it on her hand.

“NO! Your fingers will freeze!” She tried to take the gloves out.

“Put it on.” I said in a firm voice.

“But your fingers will freeze.” She pouted.

“Why are you pouting so much today? It’s very cute, you know.” I smiled.

“But your fingers will freeze.” She repeated again.

“They wouldn’t. I’ll just hold onto you.” I said, holding her hand.

I grabbed our stuff and headed down to the lowest mountain with her.

“Are the others coming?” She asked suddenly.

“Who?” I asked as I adjusted her gear.

“The other boys.” She said.

I looked at her and smiled.

“It’s just the two of us.” I said.

“Great.” I think I heard her mumble.