Embarrassment

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

Junhyung got discharged a few days later. The doctor specifically told him to rest, but the night of his discharge, he was already in the company, preparing for their World Tour. I know I cannot stop him, so I guess I would just let him do it, but I watched him. The bookstore was closed for renovation thanks to the crash; therefore I had nowhere to go at night.

After school, I would head down to their practice area and just sit there, watching them rehearse. Since I had nothing to do, I took up the job of buying them food as well as cleaning up after them. At least I had something to keep myself occupy apart from just sitting behind and surfing the net.

“YAY FOOD!!!” Yoseob yelled as I walked in, putting the bags of food on the table.

“Thank you!” They shouted in unison.

They did this every day, but it still makes me feel awkward.

“Ah yea~ Just eat.” I mumbled, walking to Junhyung.

“Are you okay?” I asked him, wiping his sweat.

“I’m fine.” He smiled.

Of course he isn’t, this liar. I massaged his back for him as he ate his dinner.

“My back hurts too~” Yoseob whined.

“Yah!” Junhyung frowned.

I smiled awkwardly and looked away.

“Darling, you eat too.” Junhyung said.

“You guys are making us feel really lonely, you know.” Doojoon said.

“Why?” I asked.

“How can you guys display such public affection in front of five single guys?” He said.

“Sorry.” I laughed.

Junhyung was smiling really widely as he ate.

“Someone here is so damn proud.” Hyunseung said.

“Of course.” Junhyung said.

I kicked his leg lightly and he pouted at me. We continued eating and chatting until they went back to practice.

“Don’t use too much strength.” I told him.

“Alright.” He smiled, kissing me on my cheek.

I sat behind, watching them practice. It was tiring for me to stay up and watch, I wonder how were they able to endure these sleepless nights.

Junhyung’s POV

As I practiced my moves, I kept looking at Haneul through the mirror. She had been coming here daily, staying with us till dawn and then going to school again in the morning. She doesn’t even look like she had slept. Although it was nice having her with me, I didn’t enjoy seeing her so tired. I got so lost staring at her that I tripped onto my own feet, falling flat onto the floor.

“OMO! Junnie! Are you okay!?” The boys rushed to me.

“Can you stand? Did you hurt your hand? Your back?” Doojoon asked anxiously.

Haneul ran over and looked at me with worried eyes.

“I’m fine. I just tripped.” I smiled, assuring them.

“Let’s take a break.” Doojoon said.

We broke off for a break. Haneul helped me to the back of the studio.

“Are you okay? Does it hurt?” She asked.

“I’m fine, really.” I said.

“Pay attention when you dance.” She pouted.

“I was so captivated by you.” I smiled.

“It’s my fault? Should I leave?” She asked seriously.

“No! I’m just kidding! But, have you been sleeping? Your dark circles are like Seungho Hyung’s.” I said, touching her face.

“You haven’t been sleeping too. It’s not fair if I slept.” She said, leaning against my shoulder.

“How is it not fair? You should sleep! At least I catch a few hours of sleep daily, but you don’t!” I said.

“I sleep on the way to school and in class.” She smiled.

“Come, I’ll send you home.” I said.

“Why are you chasing me away?” She pouted.

“I’m not chasing you away, just that I don’t like seeing you so tired. It hurts me.” I said.

“I’m not tired, besides, I enjoy watching you.” She hugged my arm.

We went back to practice after twenty minutes. I focused more on my movements but took occasional glances at her. She was on the laptop, giggling to herself. What was so funny? But well, at least she was laughing. We ended our dance and stopped the song. My eyes widened when I heard a familiar melody that wasn’t coming from our player; Xing’s My Girl.

“HANEUL!!! WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING!?” I yelled, running towards her.

She seemed shock as she frantically tried to stop the video. When the video wouldn’t stop, she shut the cover and hugged the laptop.

“GIVE IT TO ME!!!” I tried to snatch it from her but she didn’t allow me to.

The song kept playing and the boys were laughing like crazy.

“PASS IT TO ME!” Yoseob shouted.

Haneul grabbed my hands and handed the laptop to Yoseob.

They crowded at the corner, watching that ridiculous MV and laughing to themselves.

“Stop laughing!” I said, laughing as well, remembering those days.

“Poppin’ Dragon.” Haneul laughed.

“YAH!!!” I whined.

They continued to tease and laugh at me.

“Who doesn’t have a past?!” I yelled in frustration.

But honestly, I found it funny too.

“Everyone does, just that not everyone’s past goes on Youtube.” Haneul said, giggling.

She hi-fived with the boys and they continued to replay the damn song and look through my photos of those days. She laughed so hard she was rolling on the floor.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH POPPIN’ DRAGON!?” I yelled, but I couldn’t stop laughing too.

“Nothing! Just that Poppin’ Dragon is too cute! You don’t live up to that name you see! You were so cute back then! Like some innocent boy!” She said.

I couldn’t do anything about them. They kept imitating my dance moves in the MV and laughing at my weird hair. But who doesn’t go through that period of time!?

“YAH! LEE KIKWANG! DO YOU WANT ME TO PLAY YOUR DANCING SHOES ON BIG SCREEN DURING OUR CONCERT!?” I yelled.

He froze and looked at me innocently. Too bad for him, he was the only one I could vent my frustration on. We were in the same position.

“AH HYUNG!! WHY!?” He whined.

The boys started playing ‘Dancing Shoes’ and showing Haneul photos of Kikwang’s AJ period.

“We’re brothers, aren’t we?” I said, putting my arms over Kikwang’s shoulders.

He covered his face in embarrassment as the boys started trying to imitate his dance moves.

After fooling around for about an hour, we headed back to rest for the day. I took Haneul back while the others went back to the dorm.

“Stop laughing!” I whined.

All the way back, she kept giggling occasionally whenever she thought of it.

“Love, I’m so glad you decided to become the Joker. I cannot imagine dating Poppin’ Dragon.” She laughed loudly.

“Whatever!” I locked her in my arm, dragging her along the way.

She kept repeating the dance moves on the way home.

“Stop it!” I yelled.

“I just don’t get it! It’s amazing how you came up with that name, and also! That dance move! Which part of it looks like a dragon!? It’s more like a Hoppin’ Rabbit!” She laughed.

“Oh my gosh~” I mumbled, covering my face in embarrassment.

“Okay okay. I’ll stop laughing.” She said, biting her lips.

She stopped laughing, but only for five minutes, and then she burst into laughter again. Luckily the streets were empty since it was close to 4AM, so she could go crazy. I let her continue tease me. If I were her, I would tease myself too. It was just too funny.

“Don’t laugh so much till you can’t sleep!” I said.

“Alright alright.” She said, catching her breath.

“I can go up on my own.” She said.

“Alright. I’ll watch you go up first. Sleep already okay.” I said, kissing her on her forehead.

She nodded, kissing me as well.

“Goodnight.” She smiled, walking back up.

She stopped and suddenly turned to me again.

“What is it?” I asked as she walked towards me.

“The day after tomorrow, night, keep it free yea.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

“My parents want to have dinner with you before we leave.” She said.

Did she say ‘we leave’?

“Leave? To where?” I asked.

“Oh. I’m going back.” She said.

“GOING BACK!?” I yelled.

“Shhh! What is wrong with you?” She frowned.

“You’re going back!? When!?” I asked.

“The day after tomorrow.” She said.

“And you are telling me only now?!” I shouted.

“You can keep things from me and I can’t tell you stuff last minute?” She said.

Is this part of her so called ‘taste of your own medicine’ plan?

“Not that~ But I mean~ How can you do this to me? You’re leaving and you don’t even give me the time to prepare myself.” I said.

“It’s not like I am not coming back. I’m just going back for the Lunar New Year, and then I’ll be back.” She said.

“How long?” I asked.

“About one or two months, I think.” She said.

“ONE OR TWO MONTHS!?” I yelled.

She smiled and nodded.

“You’ll be busy with your tour, right? You would be away too.” She said.

“But Haneul ah!” I whined.

“Keep that night free yea. If you can’t make it, then, see you in a month or two~” She shrugged her shoulders as she walked off.

“Haneul ah!” I shouted, but she ignored me.

How could she do this to me?! I was so frustrated I pulled my hair and jumped around on the spot to vent my anger. How could she!!!! Why is this girl so mean!?