Obsession

I'm Different

Haneul’s POV

“Surprising, isn’t it? You thought Junhyung loved you? You thought you were the one he would die for? No no no~ Stupid, stupid girl. He is just blinded, for now. But very quickly, he’ll see me.” She said.

I turn to look at the kids who were unconscious at the side. Were they really his? Did my Junroro cheat on me behind my back?

“Tsk tsk tsk~ Look at you! Why are you crying? Hmm? Because it hurts? Doesn’t it?” She said, showing me my own reflection in the mirror.

“Let me tell you what hurts even more.” She said, roughly pushing my face to face her.

“It hurts more when it has been me who was always with him, and then you just come suddenly and take away everything of mine like as if it were yours from the start!!” She yelled into my face.

“You think you deserve him? Let me tell you who deserves him more.” She smirked.

She dragged me roughly across the room with the chair still tied to me.

“Sit and watch, while I tell you my story.” She said as she settled me against the wall.

She pulled opened what seem like curtains and my jaw dropped. The entire wall was filled with photos of Junhyung, some with Beast’s members, some with me. Wherever my face appeared in the photos, they were all crossed out in red marker and scratched badly.

“This is just a fraction of everything, sweetie.” She smiled as she proceeded on to pulling out boxes.

“Photo albums. Clothes. Belongings. Fan gifts. Things he threw out…” She continued naming them as she pushed those boxes towards me.

Soon, the entire living room was filled with boxes, like as if someone was moving out.

“I could hold an exhibition, if I wanted.” She said proudly.

“I am the luckiest fan alive, don’t you think so?” She smiled.

As she spoke, she admired her so-called ‘collection’, which pretty much freaked me out. It was more than just an obsession.

“When I found out which university he went to, I switched schools. I was from SNU, for your information, one of the best universities in Korea. My parents were so furious they kicked me out of my home. But it didn’t matter, only he mattered.” She said.

“I saw all the bullying he endured! That poor baby. I couldn’t help him upfront, so instead, I joined them. I joined their gang, always misleading them of his whereabouts in hope he can escape. I got caught a few times and they bashed me up. It was so bad that I almost died once, but that didn’t mattered too.” She said, showing me a long scar across her abdomen.

“And then you came.” Her expression darkened.

“You bullied him as well, just in another way! And that blind boy fell for you, unfortunately!” She yelled, startling me.

“But it’s alright. Because with me around, you’ll never be able to hurt him.” She smiled.

Her expression changes so quickly it freaked me out a little.

“I befriended you, so I could get closer to him, and also, I pitied you. You had no friends.” She said.

“And what did you do? You lied!!! You knew I liked him! I told you my secrets, you smiled and nodded but inside you were laughing at me, weren’t you!? I was so dumb to think I could trust you! You dated him behind my back and you still could smile at me as thou it was nothing! You bloody !!” She slapped me for the third time.

“It sickens me each time I see him get hurt because of you. It sickens me even more that despite all the crap you gave him, he still stuck by you like glue! You cursed him, didn’t you!? You used some voodoo on him or whatever it is called! I am positive!” She yelled.

“Whenever you were around, he never saw me! I was like air to him, and everyone else around! You causally forgot about me, didn’t you? Because you came into my relationship with him, I had a mental breakdown and was sent to that living hell! It’s all your fault!!” She shook me hard.

“But they let me out soon. Most probably because they found out the real crazy one is YOU!” She pointed.

“Do you know how happy I was when I found out he lost his memory about you!? It was definitely God’s will for me! I knew it! He never wanted to remember you! But you kept forcing him to the point he was so broken! He cried so hard when I found him in the club! Remember the girl he kissed? It was me! I finally had him, AND THEN YOU HAD TO COME AGAIN! WHY!? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ING US!?” She yelled.

“But it was okay, because before that we had our fun. That was where we had Tae Hyun. And you left for three years, in which I thought was like a gift from God to me, to make up for all the opportunities I missed. Those three years were so blissful! We were so happy! He never knew my existence, but it was okay. I know he felt it, anyway. I knew his schedule so well. I knew where all his stuffs are. I knew his daily routine. I knew what he liked to eat, what he liked to drink, how long he work, what time he sleeps. I knew everything. I knew everything that you don’t know!” She said.

“Come to think of it, I had to thank you. I had to thank you for leaving, BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO COME BACK!?” She yelled.

“We were like the happiest couple! I cooked him meals, I took care of him when he was sick, I made sure he lived well. Unlike you who only know how to inflict trouble and burden on him. Unlike you who is always hitting and bullying him, I love him so much! Every time I saw you hit him, I want to break your arm, you know?” She said.

“You’ll never know the kind of love we had. You’ll never understand. He loves me, not you! He told me he would be with me after he settles you! You know what he calls you? He calls you a blood leech!” She laughed.

“You think you know a lot about him, don’t you? I know even more! He has a special body condition. I bet you don’t know about it. But it’s okay, since you’re dying anyway, I might as well tell you. He has a period, like me and you.” She said softly.

“Can you still accept him? YOU CAN’T!! YOU CAN’T!!! BUT I CAN!!!” She yelled.

She flipped open a box. I almost puked at the sight. It was filled with used pads, and I believe they belonged to Junhyung.

“Just look at your face! You can’t even appreciate the beauty of him, and you say you love him?” She said, picking up a piece and smelling it. I felt light headed just by looking at it.

“Let’s take a break from talking, shall we? Shall I show you my stuff?” She smiled.

She opened up a huge box named ‘Photo albums’. She had a photo album on not only of him as a whole person but also his different body parts; eyes, nose, arms, legs etc. She flipped through the pages to show me. I cringed at how much of a stalker she was. She even had photos of him showering.

“Look at his wonderful body.” She said as she traced her finger down a photo of Junhyung showering.

“My lovely baby~” She said.

I swallowed hard as she continued to show me other things. She had a box full of Junhyung’s clothes and underwear in which she happily smelt and hugged. She also had empty Coke cans, sweet wrappers, pieces of crushed paper, thrown away pens and a lot of other rubbish.

She showed me a photo album entitled ‘Us’. Inside were photos of Junhyung and her, mostly photoshopped, but I had to say she was a pro in it. Some were genuine photos she took with him when he was asleep, in their dorm.

“You say he loved you? Come on~” She smirked as she played back some voicemails for me.

They were all voicemails that Junhyung left for me, but she claimed they were hers. She also had identical bouquet of flowers I received from Junhyung.

“Shall I continue with my story?” She smiled.

“I was so happy when I found out he opened a bookstore. I thought wah~ Finally a place we could be together. But until I found out he named it under your name. That sickening name. I wish I could burn that damn place down.” She said.

“But it didn’t matter. He assured me that it was nothing. We had Tae Hyun, and of course he doesn’t know. And in that three years we were together, we had Ji Eun. Of course he doesn’t know too. I almost told him, until you came back.” She glared at me.

“Why did you have to come back? We could have been a happy family, if not for you! I sent the kids away, because I thought he did not like kids! I mean, just look at Junhyung, he’s supposed to be a cold, badass rapper, not some daddy that goes to the playground with a freaking child!” She yelled.

“But you. You forced him to do it! You made him change himself! You forced the children onto him! I guess it was fate again because they are his kids after all. You think he loves them because of you. Who do you think you are to impact him like that? You’re nothing! Absolutely nothing! He loved them because they were our kids! His and mine! Not yours!” She screamed into my face.

“I left the kids at the airport, and you found them. Then you forced Junhyung to like them and now they have a bond, they can come back to me, all three of them. Do you see the picture now? I never knew things would fall into place like that, but come to think of it, your existence wasn’t so bad after all! You patched us back together! I should thank you, shouldn’t I!? For saving our happy family!” She beamed.

“I could be contended just being hidden, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn’t feel right. Why was it that you are the third wheel but I have to be hidden? But Junhyung is nice. He kept convincing me that everything was okay and that he loves me a lot, in which I know he does. Of course he does.” She said.

“But it just wasn’t right. That’s why I planned this. It’s going to be a surprise for Junhyung. When he comes later, I can tell him that we’re finally going to be happy as a family, without you as a er, because today would be the last day you’re gonna breathe. He’s going to be so happy, and you, shall be alive to watch our happiness. You, I’ll keep you alive until then, just to let you witness what true love is, because pity you, you’ll never know what love is, since all you have been is the third wheel.” She said dangerously.

Concluding from everything she said and showed me, I could only say is overly obsessed with Junhyung to the point she stalks him so scarily. Breaking into their dorm, following him, taking photos of him in almost everything he does… It’s just scary. And the rubbish he threw, and the pads…

“Oh, I still have one more thing to show you! That’s like my prized possession!” She said excitedly.

She fiddled with the television for a while before throwing herself into the couch.

“Look carefully.” She smiled.

I gasped as I saw CCTV footage of Beast’s dorm, in real time, which was like, now. Their dorm was empty right now. She had installed CCTV in every room of their dorm, including the toilet!

“YOU’RE A ERT!!!” I yelled.

She turned to smile at me.

“You’re just jealous. Want to see others?” She smiled.

She switched to the playbacks, showing me videos of Junhyung specifically, using the toilet, showering, eating, sleeping, working, fooling around etc. It was like he had been living under surveillances. His entire life was like a show for her.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM!?” I yelled, trying to struggle free but the ropes cut deeper into my wrists.

“Why couldn’t I? He is mine.” She said, walking towards me.

“You can be sued for this!” I yelled.

“Sue me?” She laughed.

“Do you think you’ll live to do that? Besides, I have every rights to do it, he is mine.” She said.

“You call this love? I call this stalking! Excessive stalking!!!” I shouted into her face.

“Say whatever you want to say, sweetie. It may be your last time talking.” She smiled as she went to turn off the television.

“You’re just angry that his heart is with me, not you. And you’re not that pure yourself, don’t think I don’t know. You’re cheating on him as well.” She said.

“What the hell are you talking about!?” I yelled.

“Why? Panicking already? Relax! He’s not even here. We’ll reveal it later, when he is here.” She smiled.

I was about to say something but was distracted by the sound of a car pulling over outside.

“Ah, my baby is here.” She smiled.

My eyes were fixed on the door, praying hard it wasn’t Junhyung. There was a loud bang on the door, and then it opened.Junhyung.

“Oppa! You’re here! I missed you!” She squealed.

Junhyung took a brief glance at me, before looking back at her.

“Hey Darling.” He said, but he wasn’t talking to me.

*SNU = Seoul National University