Welcome

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

“Are we… really staying here?” Tae Hyun asked me.

“You don’t like it?” I asked.

“I LOVE IT!” He screamed as he ran towards the sofa, jumping on it.

“But that’s quite scary.” He said, pouting slightly, pointing to the Iron Man suit that was standing at the corner, near the stairs, like some bodyguard.

“Hahaha! When you’re in the suit, it is not scary anymore.” I said.

“Can I play with the suit?” He asked.

“Why not? But… you’re a little too small for it now, don’t you think so?” I said.

“But I want to be Iron Man too.” He sulked.

“I’ll think of something.” I said.

“Really!?” He asked.

“Yes.” I ruffled his hair.

I turned to Ji Eun who has been staring up at the ceiling ever since we came in. I wonder if her neck hurt.

“Ji Eun, how about you?” I asked.

“I can’t reach the ceiling!” She pouted, stretching her hands up and tiptoeing at the same time.

“Hahaha! Why do you want to reach the ceiling in the first place?” I asked, carrying her up to sit on my shoulders.

“Higher, appa!” She said.

I stood on the chair with her on my shoulders.

“Can you reach it now?” I asked.

“YAY!!” She bounced up and down on my shoulder. I guess it means she has touched the ceiling.

“Oww~ Baby, don’t move.” I said.

“Sorwy~” She hugged my neck.

“So do you like this place now?” I asked.

“I have never not liked it.” She grinned.

“Cheeky fellow.” I poked her cheek.

I took the two of them around, showing them their rooms and other parts of the house.

“This is home, babies.” I said.

They hugged me tightly, not saying anything.

“Do I not get a hug?” Haneul asked, appearing from behind.

“Umma!” They ran towards her, hugging her as well.

“Umma, when will the baby come? Ask him to come faster!” Ji Eun pouted.

Haneul and I looked at each other, laughing.

“Soon, sweetheart.” Haneul said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

***

Haneul and I sat on the sofa, having a little foot fight while we watch the two of them doodle on the wall.

We deliberately left a part of the wall in the living room unpainted to allow them to doodle on it. Their expressions when we told them it was okay to draw on that wall were priceless.

/FLASHBACK

“REALLY!?” Ji Eun yelled, jaw hanging.

“Oh, you finally pronounced ‘really’ correctly, sweetie!” Haneul smiled.

“WEALLY!? WE CAN DWAW THERE!? WEALLY!?” Ji Eun asked, her baby tone back again.

“Shouldn’t have mentioned it.” I whispered to Haneul.

“I know right.” She said.

“Yes, sweet. You can draw there, paint there, do whatever you want there.” Haneul smiled.

“You would not scold us?” Tae Hyun asked, looking a little scared.

Of course, who would not be afraid? Usually people would say ‘do not draw on the wall’, now when someone says ‘feel free to draw on the wall’, who would not get a shock? When I suggested it, I thought Haneul would oppose to it, but fortunately she had the same thinking too.

‘I guess this is why we are married.’ Haneul said, giving me a hi-five when we both had the same thinking.

Isn’t it every child’s dream to doodle on the wall? It may be ugly to others, but to us, it is a reminder to us of their childhood. When they grow up and have their own lives, those doodles on the wall would be our memories.

“Why would I tell you that it is okay to do something and then scold you for it? Do I look insane to you?” I asked.

He shook his head timidly.

They still did not seem convinced that doodling on this part of the wall is perfectly fine.

I sighed and went upstairs.

“Appa, are you angry!?” Tae Hyun asked, sounding scared.

“No! Why would I be!?” I said, a little too loudly.

But I had to, if not he would not be able to hear me from upstairs.

When I came down, he was pouting at me. I put down the box I carried down from upstairs. Inside were various art materials, from crayons to paints, anything you could use to draw or do art. Haneul and I went shopping a few days ago and managed to fill two boxes full of those art materials.

“Sorry for the loudness. No, I am not angry. Why would I be?” I said.

He smiled slightly.

“Here,” I said, handing him a paintbrush.

He took the paintbrush and looked at me. I opened a bottle of poster colour and held it out for him. I gestured him to paint, but he just looked at me.

“Aie you..” I mumbled.

I splashed the bottle of paint onto the wall. Haneul laughed, while the two looked shocked.

“Come on! Don’t let this wall feel lonely!” I said, painting randomly with my finger.

“Lonely?” Ji Eun asked.

“Yea. See, all the other walls in the house are painted, except this. Don’t you think it’ll feel left out? Don’t make it sad! Give it some colour!” I said, smudging paint onto Ji Eun’s cheek.

Her eyes widened, and then she declared war.

The two of us were having a little paint fight while Tae Hyun just stood by and watch.

“Ji Eun ah, don’t you think Tae Hyunnie is a little too clean?” I asked.

Ji Eun looked at Tae Hyun, and then nodded.

“No~” Tae Hyun said, hiding behind Haneul.

But Haneul betrayed him. She moved away, allowing me to catch him. I smear paint all over his face. Ji Eun joined in the fun as well. Soon, we were all covered in paint, but having a lot of fun.

/END OF FLASHBACK

“There goes that part of the floor.” Haneul said as we watch paint drip all over their feet and the floor.

“It’s alright.” I said.

“Of course. Not like there is anything we can do now.” She said.

“Did Jace call?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“Stupid Jace.” I mumbled.

“Haha! I’m hungry.” She yawned.

“Your actions and your words don’t tally.” I .

She glared at me.

“Okay let’s go get food.” I mumbled, going towards the kids.

I cleaned them up and we headed out for food. With them around, it feels like a real family now.

***

“Stop sulking!” Haneul smacked my arm.

“Why can’t I sulk!?” I asked, sulking even more.

“Then you move to the orphanage with them, alright?” She snapped.

“I can’t even be upset now?” I mumbled to myself.

Her pregnancy mood swings were showing themselves now that her due date is nearer.

We took Tae Hyun and Ji Eun here to stay a few months ago but decide to send them back to the orphanage until the baby comes because if the baby decides to come during midnight, there would not be anyone to look after them. We did not want to wake them up, neither did we want to freak them out by letting them wake up to an empty house.

“You have been sulking since we left the orphanage!” She yelled.

“They were so sad, didn’t you see the look on their faces!?” I raised my voice a little.

“I just.. I just thought we could let them stay a little longer.” I said softly.

“That’s why I say you can just pack your stuff and go live with them in the orphanage!” She said.

“Please don’t say stuff like that.” I said.

“Isn’t it true!? Are we not bringing them back?! Why do you have to behave as thou we are giving them to other people!?” She shouted.

“I just feel sad because I know how it is like to be abandoned and the look on their faces tell me that they feel like we’re abandoning them, alright!?” I shouted back.

I stomped back upstairs. I lost it. I know I shouldn’t have.

I sank into the couch near our bed and buried my face in my palms as I massaged my temples, in hope to ease the headache that was building up because of the agitation.

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again, I had the blanket over me and Haneul was sitting on the bed, reading.

“Oh, you’re up.” She smiled.

“Yea.” I mumbled, cracking my neck.

“Headache?” She asked.

“A little.” I said.

She put her book aside and came to sit beside me. She took my hand and massaged in between my thumb and index finger. I looked at her, curious.

“It cures headache, supposedly.” She said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Do you feel better?” She asked after massaging for fifteen minutes or so.

I shook my head.

“Really? Tsk.” She frowned.

She sat closer to me, cupping my ears with her hands.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Another method.” She said, massaging my ears with strength.

“Oww..” I yelped.

“Sorry, but bear with it. It’ll feel comfortable later on.” She said.

Indeed, it was starting to feel comfortable as she massaged on.

“Better?” She asked.

I nodded.

“Good.” She smiled.

“And uh.. Sorry.. about just now.” She said, biting her lower lip.

“I was… rude. Sorry. Forgive me? Bbuing bbuing!” She aegyo-ed.

I laughed and pulled her closer to me.

“I was never angry.” I said.

“Oh, then you don’t need your present anymore?” She asked.

“What present?” I looked at her.

“Come.” She said, holding my hand, pulling me out.

We headed downstairs. We stopped in front of a door near the kitchen.

“What’s inside?” I asked.

She was the one who was in-charge of the decoration of most rooms. I never really bothered to look at other rooms that were not really important.

“Wait.” She smiled cheekily.

She went to the living room and started digging in some boxes. She came back with a large sign, but I could not see the words because the back of the sign was facing me.

“Ready?” She asked.

“What?” I looked at her.

She winked at me and slapped the sign onto the door. My eyes widened when I read the words on the sign; ‘Junhyung’s roomful of Coke’.

She pushed opened the door and I bit my tongue out of excitement.

“WHAT IS THIS!?” I asked, half laughing, half gasping.

“Now, I gave you everything I promised.” She smiled.

The room was filled with Coke. Of course, not just cans of Coke. The walls were covered in Coke posters and other wall decorations. Around the room laid many Coke figurines, some looked new while some just look ancient. It was like a mini Coke museum. Despite the amazing layout, my favourite would still be the right part of the wall.

The right part of the wall was filled with metal shelves with Coke of all sizes laid out neatly. Canned ones and bottled ones ranging from 250ml to 1.5 liter filled the top few levels while cartons of 24 cans filled the bottom levels. What is most amazing is that there is even a Coke vending machine standing proudly at the corner.

“Is that… that.. Can it.. be used?” I asked.

Haneul shrugged her shoulders.

“Try it and tell me.” She said.

All the ten options were ‘Coke’. I randomly pressed onto one and waited. I laughed out when I heard the familiar sound, and then saw the can of my favourite drink drop to the holder. I pulled it open and took the ice-cold can in my hand.

I turned to Haneul who was grinning

“When… did you…” I mumbled.

“I planned this long ago. I got it decorated while you were busy with other stuff upstairs.” She said.

“Oh my god.” I was close to tears.

I never ever dream that I would have something like that in my own home. My own room of Coke, my own vending machine.

“Thank you!” I hugged her tight.

“I promised you, didn’t I? You delivered what you promise. I am just doing my part of the promise.” She said.

“But,” She pushed me away lightly so we could face each other.

“But?” I asked.

“Don’t tell me this room is for viewing purposes only. It’s not Kikwang’s muscles.” I said.

She laughed and shook her head.

“Stop teasing him! His muscles are useful! I think..” She said.

“You are unsure too.” I said.

“I’ll confirm it someday! Back to what I want to say!” She poked my chest.

“I gave you this roomful of Coke, but that does not mean my deal with you is off.” She said.

Right. The ‘one can per day’ deal she forced me to agree on.

“You’re like handing red meat to a lion and telling it not to eat it.” I said.

“This is an exercise on your self control then.” She said.

“I’m not trying to control you or what. You know very well why I am doing this.” She said.

“I know.” I said, looking at the can of Coke in my hand.

I had my can of Coke during lunch just now.

“Alright, today is exceptional. Let’s just say… to celebrate the opening of this room. Drink it.” She said.

“I can!?” I asked.

“Gosh, you look so alike them when shocked.” She laughed as she opened the can of Coke for me.

I gulped down the cold drink. It felt so damn good.

“I’m so lucky.” I smiled.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because I think I am the only one who owns an Iron Man suit and a roomful of Coke like that.” I said.

“Chey! I thought you were going to say you’re lucky because you married me or something!” She crossed her arms.

“You see, you are always like this. You never ever let me finish my words.” I said.

“What?” She looked at me.

“I am the only one who owns an Iron Man suit and a roomful of Coke like that, but it would not have been possible if not for my wife. I believe no other wife would go all the way to fulfill such ridiculous promises except for you. Therefore I am lucky, because I have you.” I said.

She tried to hide her smile, but failed.

“Don’t lie. You were obviously not going to say this.” She insisted.

“Are you a part time mind reader? Why are you reading my mind?” I hugged from behind.

“I don’t have to be a mind reader to read your mind.” She elbowed my chest.

“True.” I laughed.

“Thank you.” I whispered into her ear, kissing her neck.

***

We were watching TV and sharing a tub of ice cream, in which she ate most, but it did not matter.

“What time do you have to go to work tomorrow?” She asked.

“About.. Ten. Long day tomorrow.” I said.

“When are you getting a break? You look so tired.” She said, patting my cheek.

“No break.” I mumbled.

“Aww..” She kissed my cheek.

I hugged her arm and rested my head against her shoulder. I drifted off into dreamland but was roughly awoken by painful nudging on my chest.

“What? What?” I asked, shocked.

She looked at me with wide eyes, and I knew exactly what was going on.

“Hold on. I’ll get the keys.” I kissed her cheek and ran upstairs. For once, I regretted that we have a double storey house.

***

“AHHHHHHHHH!!!!” She screamed.

I tried to calm her but she glared hard at me.

“TRY IT AND SEE IF YOU CAN CALM DOWN!” She snapped at me.

“Sor… sorry..” I mumbled.

“I’m never doing this again! I swear!” She yelled.

“HUR IT HURTS!!” She pouted.

I hugged her, rubbing her arm. I knew I could do nothing to ease the pain. Hugging her and being with her is all I could do. She wiped her tears and sweat on my shirt. I stayed in that position, whispering encouraging words into her ear.

She has been in labour since five hours ago. This is one tough baby.

“Give it a final push, Haneul. You can do it.” The gynae said.

I screamed when Haneul screamed as well. She sank her teeth into my shoulder, biting down on me very, very hard, and her nails dug into both my arms, ripping my skin off as she brought our baby boy to Earth. He wailed loudly to announce his arrival.

“Oh my god.” Haneul sighed, falling back onto the bed, tired and panting.

“Congratulations.” The nurse smiled as she handed us our baby boy.

Haneul smiled at me. Despite sweat plastered to her forehead, she still looks so beautiful.

We looked at our baby boy.

“Hi, son. Welcome to the world. It’s not a very good world, but I’ll do my best for you.” I whispered to him.

Well… I could not tell if he is good looking or not. Babies all look the same, don’t they? But he is our baby, and no matter how he looks like, he will be the most good looking one to us. All our babies are good looking.

The nurse took our boy away to clean him up.

“Thank you.” I said, kissing Haneul’s forehead.

“Is that… me?” She asked suddenly, staring at my shoulder.

I looked over to find red seeping through my white shirt. I pulled the shoulder of my shirt and laughed. Her teeth marks were obvious despite the shirt. The wound was bleeding slightly and purple bruise was starting to form around it.

“I’m so sorry!” She apologized, looking as thou she is going to cry.

“It’s fine, silly.” I cupped her cheeks.

“Where else?” She asked.

“What where else?” I asked.

“Did I hurt you anywhere else?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Liar!” She grabbed my arm. I winced and she narrowed her eyes at me.

She forcefully lifted the sleeves of my shirt. For someone who just spent the past five hours in labour, she sure has energy.

“Oh goodness. I am so sorry!” She apologized, looking at the dangling ripped off skin from the back of my upper arm.

“Don’t you… want to like.. cut of the skin… or something?” She asked, staring at the open flesh on my arm.

“NO!” I yelled, a little too loudly.

“Sorry. I mean, no. I’ll… I don’t know. But no.” I said.

It was already painful like that. Did she just ask me to cut off my own skin?

“Then go get the doctor to clean it for you, and your shoulder too. Don’t want to risk infection.” She said.

“It’s fine. I’ll just clean it on my own later.” I said.

“Why? Are you afraid of the pain?” She asked.

“No.” I said, but indeed, I was afraid. I cringed just thinking of the alcohol swipe on my wound.

“Don’t be afraid. You were with me just now. I’ll be with you now.” She said.

I shook my head.

“Come on, are you going to make me feel bad?” She pouted.

“But..” Before I could finish, she called the doctor over.

I was biting on my lower lip as the doctor cleaned those wounds. I know this pain is nothing compared to what Haneul experienced, but it still hurts so damn bad.

“Sorry.” Haneul whispered, rubbing my back.

“It’s… OWWWWW!!” I yelled when the doctor slapped a fresh piece of alcohol swipe over the open flesh on the back of my arm.

“I’m sorry.” The doctor apologized.

“Omo, omo. Don’t cry. I’ll buy you ice cream later.” Haneul laughed, wiping away the tears that watered my eyes.

“I’m not crying!” I emphasized.

“Alright, alright.” She smiled.

“And I want Coke.” I said.

“Sure.” She kissed my cheek.

***

While Haneul slept on the bed, I slept on the couch. She was tired from giving birth, I was tired from work and everything else. I am kind of glad she had given birth already, honestly. Her extreme mood swings and cravings freaked me out.

The first few months of her pregnancy was simple. She did not have drastic mood change or demanding cravings. I thought it would be like that all the way, but I was wrong. Everything accumulated to the last few months. She tortured me endlessly.

I could not find it in me to blame her despite the fact she would yell at me for no reason or wake me up at 4AM to buy her some weird food. Because she was always waking me up, I gave up sleep altogether. I stayed awake to continue on my work as well as to be ready to go whenever she asks for something.

I woke up when I felt something cover my face. I opened my eyes and was greeted by darkness. I gasped, but then realized it was a blanket over my face. I pulled the blanket away. I squeezed my eyes shut as the sudden bright lights blinded me for a second.

“Sorry.” I heard Haneul say.

“Eh?” I looked at her through half opened eyes.

“I wanted to cover the blanket over you, but I am not exactly mobile now. My throwing skills failed.” She pouted.

“It’s fine.” I smiled, sitting up.

“Feeling okay?” I asked.

“Very refreshed.” She laughed.

“You?” She asked.

“Good.” I smiled.

“Don’t lie. You’re obviously tired.” She said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Thank you too.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

“For enduring me for the past few months. I know I’ve tired you out totally. Work is tiring, and then you come home to an unreasonable, pregnant wife.” She said.

I sat beside her, cupping her cheeks.

“Silly, I’ll do anything for you.” I said, kissing her gently.

“Have you thought of a name?” She asked in between the kiss.

“Later.” I said, pulling her back to kiss her deeper.

"And let Jace know." She said, talking again.

"Shh.." I was a little irritated at the fact she kept breaking our kiss to talk about things that could be said later.

I pressed my lips against hers harder, kissing her a little forcefully. 

She must have gotten my message because she did not talk anymore, we just kissed passionately.

***

The nurse pushed our baby into the room for us. We were admiring our sleeping child when the door burst open, revealing Beast and MBLAQ.

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!” They shouted, releasing about ten balloons into the room.

“Gosh.” Haneul and I looked at the balloons, laughing at their excitement.

"HYUNG!! YOU'RE A FATHER NOW!!" I was suddenly pulled away from the bed and tackled to the floor. They threw themselves over me, putting their weight onto me as thou they weigh nothing at all.

"Ughhhh!! Can't breathe!!" I whined, but was ignored.

"Han... NEUL!!" I yelled, but instead, I heard her laughing.

I was let go after they had their fun. 

"Hee, congrats." Doojoon said, pulling me up.

“Thank you.” Haneul said.

"I have always been a father, okay? Where are my babies?" I asked as I looked around, trying to find my other two babies.

“Appa!” Ji Eun jumped out from below, startling me.

“Omo! You scared me!” I carried her to sit on my lap.

She grinned in victory.

“Where’s Tae Hyun?” I asked.

Doojoon gestured me to look over.

Tae Hyun was in Seungho’s arms, looking over at the baby sleep.

“Tae Hyun ah, he is your brother.” Haneul said.

“You’re a hyung now.” I said.

He nodded, smiling.

“Ji Eun, the baby you always asked for is now here. Love him, okay?” I said, cradling her in my arms.

She climbed over the bed. Haneul made space for her to sit as she stared at the baby.

“Hyung, what happened here?” Dongwoon asked, pointing at my arm.

I shook my head, glancing at Haneul who pouted.

“Okay, I know what happened already.” Hyunseung said.

“Have you thought of a name for your boy yet?” Seungho asked.

“Shin Il.” Haneul said.

“Shin Il…” They repeated like a class as they look at the baby.

“Yong Shin Il.” Seungho hyung smiled at me.

“Actually, it’s not just Shin Il.” I said.

Haneul rolled her eyes at me.

“You’re not serious, are you?” She said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Please! If you name him that, he’ll be like the naughtiest kid ever!” Haneul said.

“He wouldn’t. And ahh, boys are meant to be naughty.” I said.

“What?” Joon asked.

“His full name is Loki Yong Shin Il.” I said proudly.

“LOKI!?” They kind of yelled in unison.

“You mean like Thor’s adopted brother, Loki?” Yoseob asked.

I nodded.

“But… Loki means.. God of mischief.” Kikwang said.

“But I like Loki! Haneul likes Loki too!” I said.

“Yes, I like Loki, but… what if he turns out naughty?” She asked.

“Come on, if he turns out naughty, then that’s just his character, and not because of the name. Your name is Skye, but it’s not like you’re dreamy like the clouds, right? You’re so smart and witty.” I said.

“Fine.” She mumbled.

“Seriously? Loki?” Doojoon asked.

I nodded.

“Let’s hope this Loki would be an angel then.” Seungho hyung said, touching Loki’s cheek lightly.

"Loki, annyeong! Call Noona!" Ji Eun demanded, causing us to laugh.

They crowd around the baby, talking to him. I don't understand. He is asleep, so why talk to him? What weird people~

Loki Yong Shin Il, welcome to the family. 

***
tumblrm1uarhnf5z1qdojka.jpg

Their home

tumblrm5poa9q9w41qgzy3o.gif

tumblrm1v4rdfdod1qk8h0p.gif

tumblrlyk7yxygoq1ro2mqx.gif

When Junhyung saw his very own 'roomful of Coke'

tumblrlymph4sdiy1qd279f.gif

MBLEAST: HYUNG!! YOU'RE A FATHER NOW!!