Getting to know you

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

She pushed me away once we were out of the area.

“So… I think we should get to know each other better.” I said.

“No need.” She looked away.

“Hi, I am Yong Junhyung.” I walked in front of her and stretched out my hand to shake hers.

She roughly pushed me away and continued walking.

Her attitude was so different from just now, but this suits her more than crying and scared.

I caught up with her and walked side by side her.

“So, should I call you Haneul or Skye? Is it s k y Sky?” I asked.

She glared at me and continued walking.

“What!? I really don’t know. Quick, tell me how should I address you?” I grabbed her hand.

She roughly pushed me away.

“GO AWAY!” She shouted.

“But we’re heading the same direction! And we’re friends, right?” I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and continued walking.

“Since you don’t tell me, I’ll just call you Friend, or do you prefer Chingu? Ah, but you don’t like Korea, so I guess you’ll prefer Friend? Or should I learn the Chinese word for it? You’re Asian right? What nationality?” I asked while jogging beside her because she was really walking very fast.

“SHUT UP!” She pushed me against the wall.

I covered my mouth.

“ONE MORE TIME YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH, I’M GOING CHOP YOU UP AND SEND YOUR BODY PARTS TO YOUR FAN GIRLS!” She shouted.

“But… But…” I said softly.

She showed me her fist.

“I just… Want to know..” I mumbled.

“Don’t have to. Our friendship will end very quickly. Don’t bother knowing me at all.” She said.

“Stay away from me, at least 100 meters.” She warned.

I sighed and followed closely beside her. Honestly, I was upset, but I would not stop trying. We arrived at the book store and she threw me the basement keys.

“Thank you.” I said, walking down.

Haneul’s POV

I watch him walk down slowly, not even turning back. I felt bad thou. He was so happy, yet I had to spoil his good mood. I thought that by being mean to him, he would eventually give up trying to talk to me, but instead, it was the direct opposite.

“Friend!” He jumped in out from behind the door.

“Aish…” I pushed him away and continued walking.

“So, what do you like to do during your free time?” He asked.

“Shut up. I’m serious when I say I’ll chop you up.” I said.

I put on my earphones and turned my music up. He pouted and went back to his seat.

After awhile, he poked my arm and placed a piece of paper on my book. I ignored him but he kept poking me.

“WHAT!?” I shouted.

He flinched and pointed at the paper.

“You’re very irritating!” I frowned and took the paper.

‘It’s already half an hour pass lesson, don’t you think it’s weird that we’re the only ones here?’

I looked at him and then at my watch. He was right. It is indeed weird.

‘Are we in the wrong venue?’ He wrote again.

“STOP WRITING!” I crushed the paper and threw it at him.

He looked at me.

“Just talk.” I mumbled, feeling a little guilty for being so rude to him.

“I CAN TALK!?” He smiled.

“Main points only.” I said.

“Okay okay! So erm.. What should we do now?” He asked.

“Go home.” I said, picking up my bag.

“HUH!? Then what about lesson?” He looked at me.

“Isn’t it obvious that we were both boycott?” I asked him.

He looked down and nodded.

“Then? I’m not going round and round just to look for the stupid class. I have better things to do than to be here.” I said, walking off.

“But… I have nowhere to go.” He said.

I took my stuff and walked off.

“Wait up!” He said, running behind me.

I walked up to the rooftop and he was still following behind me.

“What do you want!?” I turned to him and shouted.

“I have nowhere to go. Aren’t we friends?” He said softly.

“Tsk!” I threw my bag aside and sat down.

“Do you always come up here?” He asked.

“Yes, but this would be the last time.” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because you know this place already. It’s not peaceful anymore.” I said.

“Oh.. It’s okay! We can always find new places!” He smiled.

I glared at him and showed him my fist, but he just smiled.

“So, you haven’t tell me what you like to do during your free time. Or should I tell you first? Hmm.. Let’s see. I don’t like doing stuff that uses up too much energy, so usually I would sleep or read or just play games on my iPad. Actually, I don’t have much free time too. How sad, right?” He said.

“Ya, very. Pathetically sad. Shouldn’t you go find more joy in your life since you have the time now?” I said.

“I am! Talking to you is joyful!” He smiled.

“Stop smiling, you look ugly.” I said.

“I do? I thought I look cute.” He pouted.

“Don’t do that too. It’s worse.” I said.

“Then what should I do?” He asked.

“Anything but those. Actually you know what, I don’t care. If you want to sit here, you better shut up. Are you not taking my words seriously? I’ll chop you, I swear.” I said.

Junhyung’s POV

She took out a penknife from her pocket and pointed it at me.

“Hahahaha you’re going to…” She cut me off by pointing it close to my throat.

“Okay.. Okay.. I’ll shhh~” I said.

She dropped the penknife and stared up in the sky. I followed her gaze. The more I looked at the sky, the sleepier I got. Having to work and come to school at the same time was tiring. I was supposed to take leave from school for a month, but we just became friends, I didn’t want to have to come back to a total stranger after a month. Also, I was gone for two weeks and she got beaten up so badly. I didn’t want that to happen again.

I felt someone kick me. I opened my eyes and she was frowning at me.

“Yea?” I said, yawning as I stretched. My back felt sore, I must have fallen asleep while sitting up.

She rolled her eyes and walked off.

“Are you leaving!? Wait!!” I said

It was dark already. How long have I been asleep?

“Wait up!! Don’t walk so fast! I don’t know the way down!!” I shouted but she seemed to have disappeared.

“YAH!! FRIEND!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?” I shouted, looking around.

“Don’t hide!!! I really don’t know the school well!!!” I looked around, but she was nowhere in sight.

She suddenly appeared in front of me, glaring.

“OMO!” I got a shock at her sudden appearance.

“Please don’t walk so fast. I really don’t know the way out.” I said.

“If you’re going to follow, then you have to keep up to my pace. You don’t expect me to follow yours, do you?” She smirked.

“No but you’re too fast!” I shouted as I ran after her.

I bet she was doing it on purpose. Who walks at such fast speed?

“WAIT!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!” I ran after her.

I wasn’t the fittest person alive. I eventually lost her. I kept calling for her but she did not reply me. As I shouted for her, I tried to look for the way out too.

“Oh look, who do we have here?” I heard a voice say.

I turned back and saw three guys.

I tried to run, but for some reason, my legs didn’t allow me to. I was pulled back and thrown against the wall.

“Is our little Junhyungie studying overnight, hmm?” One of them said.

I tried to back away as far as I could, but they kept coming closer.

“You have a nice body.” He said, touching my chest.

“No.. Please..” I begged, feeling scared.

He ripped my shirt apart and started kissing me all over. I tried to scream, but no voice came out. I tried to struggle, but it felt as thou I was tied up. He pulled down my jeans and boxer together. He started attacking my junior, pulling and biting me.

I watch in horror as he pulled down his own pants, revealing his own member. He shoved into my mouth, forcing me to him. He slapped me when I bite down onto him.

“You stupid !” He said as he stepped me hard on my stomach.

“You’re y, you know.” He smirked.

The two other guys pulled my legs apart as he positioned at my entrance.

I shook my head and kicked wildly. I screamed, but no voice came out still. My throat felt as thou it was on fire. The more I struggled, the more I got hit.

“STOP MOVING!!” He stepped hard on my member.

I cried out in pain, but still without sound.

“Here we go.” He smiled.

He shoved his erected member roughly into me. The pain shot up my spine and through my entire body. I screamed in pain, and finally, there was sound.

 “YONG JUNHYUNG! WAKE UP!!!”

And then I felt a hard smack on my cheek.

Hanuel’s POV

Junhyung went quiet suddenly. When I looked over, he was asleep already. Was he that tired? I guess so. Having to juggle both work and studies isn’t the easiest thing to do. To add to that, he had to endure getting bullied. His head fell against the wall and he was snoring slightly. I left him to sleep as I admired the sky.

I glance over occasionally to check if he was still asleep. He was frowning in his sleep. What was he dreaming of? He started shaking and moving uncomfortably. Was he having a nightmare? He clenched his fists and seemed to be choking. What if he died suddenly?

“Junhyung?” I called out.

He was cold sweating and he kept shaking his head.

“Yah..” I poked his leg.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He suddenly shouted and burst into tears.

I fell back in shock.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He screamed again, but this time, tears flowed uncontrollably.

“YONG JUNHYUNG!!! WAKE UP!!!” I slapped him across his cheeks.

His eyes shot open and he stared at me, panting. He threw himself onto me and hugged me tight. His entire body felt cold and he was still shaking. I could have hugged him back, but my reflexes worked faster than my brain did. I pushed him away and he fell limply to the side.

“Sorry.” He mumbled, picking himself up.

Junhyung’s POV

It was only a dream. Luckily, it was only a dream. But it felt so real. My entire body ached. My stomach hurt. My throat was dry and my member felt sore. My head was spinning and my vision blurred for a second. My stomach churned badly. I had to puke.

I got up and ran to the toilet.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?” I heard her yell.

I dashed into the toilet and emptied the contents in my stomach. Despite vomiting, my stomach still didn’t feel too good. I forced myself up but I froze the moment I stood up. I felt something drip down my thigh. I looked at the date and cursed myself for forgetting. What do I do now? She’s outside. I can’t just go out like this.

“YONG JUNHYUNG!!! DID YOU DIE INSIDE!?” I heard her yell as she banged the door.

“I’m fine!” I shouted back.

“I’m leaving if you’re not coming out!” She shouted.

“Okay, goodbye!” I said.

For once, I didn’t want her to be here.

“COME OUT QUICK!” She shouted.

“Ahhh, my stomach hurts. I think I must have eaten something wrong. Go on home. Be safe!” I said.

“Suit yourself!” She shouted.

As much as I wanted to walk her home, I couldn’t let her see me in this state. My stomach started hurting so badly, as thou something inside is practicing kick boxing. I squatted down, hugging my stomach to ease the pain, but it didn’t work, it actually made things worse. I waited until the pain subsided a little before dragging myself out. When I pushed open the door, I saw someone I didn’t wish to see at this point of time; Haneul.

She looked at me worriedly. This is the first time I saw worry in her eyes. I ought to feel happy, but now I just wanted to run away.

“Why are you so pale?” She asked.

“I thought I asked you to go?” I leaned against the wall, still clutching onto my stomach.

She kept quiet and bit her lips.

Haneul’s POV

When he told me to leave, I really left. But when I walked till the stairs, something held me back. I just couldn’t bring myself to leave him there, so I went back. I waited for him outside. Did he faint inside? Why was he taking so long? I had to urge to bang on the door again, but I didn’t want him to know I am here.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a pale looking Junhyung. He was clutching onto his stomach and he looked as thou he would faint any moment.

“Why are you so pale?” I asked unconsciously.

“I thought I asked you to go?” He said, leaning against the wall for support.

I looked down, not knowing what to say.

“I…” I was lost for words.

“Just go home okay. Be good. I’ll be going now. Bye.” He said as he ran off.

“YAH!!!” I ran after him.

“GO HOME!!!!!!!!!” He shouted.

“STOP!!! OR I’LL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!!!” I threatened.

But he never stopped. The moment we got out of school, he rushed into a cab and left without saying a word.

“JERK!” I kicked the tree.

I sat at the bus stop waiting for my bus to arrive. I was raging with anger, but I cannot help but wonder why did he run away? Why was he so pale? Was he really sick? And what did he dream of? Why was he screaming and cold sweating?

“Aish!!! Skye! You’re not his friend. Don’t bother about him! He doesn’t bother about you too! He’s just playing with you! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” I scolded myself as I slapped my cheeks.

For once I actually cared about someone, yet this is the treatment I get. This would be the first and the last time, Yong Junhyung. And to think you called me a friend. How disappointing.