Not Moving

I'm Different

Junhyung’s POV

We can meet at the same old place, if you discover that you still have feelings for me
Just like those old photographs you’re not willing to throw away. I’m still there, faintly, in your heart

I let myself sink in deeper. The pressure of the water caused my head to hurt. My lungs screamed for air, but I held my breath in. A rough pull on my arm snapped me back into reality. In a matter of seconds, I was out of the water, breathing again.

“ARE YOU CRAZY!? I DIDN’T BRING YOU HERE TO KILL YOURSELF!” Seungho Hyung shouted.

I coughed out the water I swallowed.

“I wasn’t going to kill myself!” I yelled back.

“Then what!? Were you trying to be a mermaid!?” He scolded.

I laughed and let myself float on the water.

“It’s not funny, Yong Junhyung!” He punched my stomach.

“Oww.” I whined.

We both stayed afloat on the water, admiring the night sky.

“Next time, I’ll bring her here and we’ll admire the sky together like this.” I said.

“You’ll have your chance.” He said.

“You think I would?” I asked.

“Of course. You’re Yong Junhyung.” He pushed me a little but pulled me back so I wouldn’t float too far from him.

 “Do you think there are sharks here?” I asked.

He pushed my head into the water and laughed.

“I was serious!” I coughed.

“I don’t know! Why not you go down there and check it out!?” He shouted.

“Why are you always yelling at me!?” I asked.

“Because you deserved to be yelled at! What a thing to ask! Are there sharks!? We’re in the middle of the ocean! Who worries about this kind of things now!?” He yelled back.

“She always yells at me too. Am I that dumb?” I mumbled.

“Erm.. A tad bit smarter than Joon.” He said.

“Hyung, that’s very bad.” I said.

“You are becoming dumber. What happened? Did she fry your brain?” He asked.

Uninterestedly sitting before the window, once again tomorrow is filled with promises. To fall in love
with someone, even if they never come back, you’re still unwilling to give up that last bit of hope

“I think she did. She kind of fried me totally. I’m just.. I don’t know.” I said.

“I get what you mean.” He sighed.

“You get what I mean?” I asked.

“Of course.” He said.

“Ah~ I remember.” I laughed.

“Don’t talk about it!” He stopped me.

“What!? Why? But Hyung, you have her now. Those are memories!” I said.

“True. I have her now. You’ll have your ‘her’ too.” He said.

“But Hyung, why do I feel like I have did something gravely wrong? Like a sin. As if, I wasn’t supposed to do such a thing. Do you get what I mean?” I said.

“Jun ah, you can be softie in front of her, you can let her bully you and all, but you cannot throw all your confidence away. Why is it wrong? You like her, you tell her, what is wrong with that? I don’t see it as wrong.” He said.

“But Hyung, you know I…” I mumbled.

“You what? You what!? I cannot tell you I understand this, but I can tell you, from what I see, you’re a man, and a very attractive one! Why do you keep letting yourself down?” He said.

I sighed and dived into the water. When I got up, a weight was thrown onto my back.

“Carry me!” Seungho Hyung aegyo-ed.

“Do that to your girlfriend!” I said, but still piggy backed him to shore.

“AGH! THAT WAS RUDE!” He shouted when I dropped him onto the sand without warning.

“You didn’t hold properly, not my fault.” I said, lying on the sand.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HANEUL AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE ARE YOU!!!!!!?????????” I yelled.

Seungho Hyung slapped my arm for shocking him.

“HANEUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK TO JUNHYUNG OR I’LL CHOP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted.

“WHAT CHOP HER! DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!!” I kicked him.

Even though this world is so vast, the colors outside are so varied.
The love I gave you was so abundant, so deep, yet you still don’t get it

“YOU KICKED YOUR HYUNG FOR A GIRL!?” He kicked me back.

We ended up kicking and pushing each other until we both have no energy left. We collapsed onto the sand and stuffed ourselves with chips and alcohol. We were both drunk and sleepy in no time.

“I really love her, Hyung!!!!” I whined.

“I know I know!” He said.

“She keeps saying we can’t! But why!?” I shouted.

“How would I know!? Ask her! She’s insane!” He shouted back.

“What insane!? She’s not! She’s really nice.” I smiled.

“You’ve gone crazy!” He pushed my head.

“I have! I know!” I said, shoving a handful of sand into my mouth. I don't even know why I did that.

“YAH!!! DON’T EAT SAND!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted.

“It tastes like chips!” I said.

“It does?” He asked in surprise.

“It does!!!” I said, shoving a handful of sand into his mouth.

He made a disgusted face.

“HAHAHAHAHA! HYUNG, ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT!?” I laughed.

“How dare you!” He said, forcing a handful of sand into my mouth.

“Okay okay okay! Sorry!!” I said.

I sat up and started looking around when I realized my toy was missing.

“Hyung, where’s my duck?” I asked.

“What duck?” He asked.

“My Donald Duck.” I said, looking around.

“Oh…” He mumbled.

“Hyung! What did you do to him!?” I shouted.

“I did nothing!!” He laughed.

I saw the leg of my duck sticking out from the sand.

“HYUNG!!! FIRST YOU FLATTENED MY DUCK, AND NOW YOU BURIED HIM!? WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU!?” I shouted, pulling it out from the sand.

“It looks so annoying! Like an idiot!” He laughed.

“YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT TOO! SHOULD I FLATTEN AND BURY YOU?!” I shouted.

“Why are you so protective over this thing?” He asked, snatching it from me and squashing it.

“RETURN IT TO ME!!!! IT BELONGS TO HER!!!!” I shouted.

My heart is full of contradictions, unwilling to keep on guessing over and over again, 
I just want for you to be able to understand
,

“Oh. I’m sorry.” He said, returning the duck to me.

“I bought it for her while on my world tour. She seemed to really love it. But when she left, she didn’t even take it along.” I said.

“I’m sorry.” Seungho Hyung said, hugging me.

“Hyung, I know this is embarrassing, but I’m really desperate for her. I really, really want her. I have never wanted anyone so much in my life. I have never felt so lonely in my life, not even when my family left me.” I said.

“You’re madly in love. I don’t know if it’s healthy.” He said.

“I don’t care even if I am unhealthy! I just want her.” I mumbled.

“Junhyung ah, if she’s yours, she’ll be yours no matter what.” He said.

“Why can’t she see me?” I cried.

“Maybe she already saw you, but she haven’t saw herself.” He said.

I buried my face in my palms as I cried. The tears that seem to have been stuck for the past days pour out like a bottle without its cap. I cried till I fell asleep. When I woke up again, we were still on the beach. My eyes felt sore and my head hurt. Seungho Hyung was asleep beside me, holding my duck in his hand.

I took my duck from him and sat up. Eating the leftover chips, I stared into the sea. Would Haneul like it here? Is she someone who would be willing to wake up at dawn to see the sun rise or stay up till midnight to watch the stars? What kind of a girl is she? I’m dying to find out, but would she give me a chance?

I'm tired, tired of guessing, tired of everything. I just want an answer, is it that difficult? I'm not going to think anymore, but that doesn't mean I am going to give up, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop proving myself to you.

I’ll just be waiting for you in that same position you left me. I wouldn’t move an inch. I would wait for you to collect yourself. I would wait for you to finally feel my sincerity. I wouldn’t force you, but I’m just hoping you’ll give me a chance, give yourself a chance, and give us a chance. Haneul, would you?

I’m waiting right here, even if the sky falls in on me, I want you to be able to understand