The Wedding; Meant to be, not

I'm Different

Wedding Day

Junhyung’s POV

“Junhyung! Wake up! If you don’t wake up now, you’re going to lose your wife! Wake up!” I felt someone shook me roughly.

“Aghhh… Don’t shake…. I… puke..” I groaned as I buried my face in the pillow.

“Come on! Wake up!” I felt a smack on my .

I was pulled up. I let myself fall back down but someone’s arm prevented me from doing so. I did not feel good at all. My stomach was churning badly and my head felt as thou it weights a ton.

“Everyone else is up and getting ready already! What is the groom doing still lying on the bed? I know you feel terrible. In fact we all do. But you have to wake up. Come on, please.” The voice said.

I opened my eyes slightly but shut them again because of the blinding lights. A palm covered my eyes, shielding me from the lights, allowing me to adjust to the strong lights.

“Better?” He asked.

I nodded and pulled his hand down.

It was Seungho hyung. He had not changed yet, but he had showered and had his hair nicely styled.

“Come on, shower and I’ll get you medicine. I hope they still have some left.” He said, helping me up.

“Why? Is everyone sick?” I mumbled, stumbling towards the toilet.

“Everyone is having a bad hangover. But what do you expect? We drank like a whale.” He chuckled.

“I don’t even know what I drank honestly.” I mumbled.

“WATCH IT!” He shouted, but I guess it was too late.

I whined as I massaged my forehead. Now I am awake.

“Who closed the freaking toilet door?!” I grumbled.

Seungho hyung laughed and pushed me into the toilet.

“Go and freshen up quick! How is it that you’re getting married today?!” He yelled.

I looked at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, concerned written over his face.

“I’m getting married today.” I mumbled.

“Erm… Yea… Oh no! Don’t tell me you don’t remember? You didn’t hit your head that hard, did you!?” He pushed up my fringe, rubbing my forehead.

“I remember! Of course I do! How can I ever forget!? I’m just… wow… It’s today. Haa~” I smiled.

“And if you don’t get ready now, I’m very sure your bride would curse in the church. GO!” He pushed me in, closing the door for me.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was in a mess, my skin pale, my eyes were slightly puffy, I assume it was due to the sudden break down we had. I looked so terrible. If I told anyone I am getting married today, I am pretty sure they would laugh and walk away, then perhaps gossip about what a nutcase I am.

Honestly, I cannot believe I am getting married today too. The day that I have been waiting since forever , the day that I counted down, in hope it would come faster. It is today. It is in a few hours. As I showered, many questions filled my mind. Would I be a good husband? Would I be a good father? Would I be able to provide my family with everything they need and want? Would I? Would I?

“Hyung, come, I’ll dry your hair.” Dongwoon gestured me over with a hair dryer in his hand.

I sat down on the bed, allowing him to dry my hair for me.

“Hyung, are you okay? Do you feel terrible? We ran out of painkillers, so Seungho hyung went to get some. Doojoon hyung and Hyunseung hyung are preparing food. Kikwang hyung and Joon hyung are getting the car. G.O hyung and Mir went back to their dorm to get MBLAQ’s tuxedos. Jace left this morning to get Tae Hyun, Ji Eun and Ahjumma.” He reported.

“Why do you have to report everything to me?” I asked, smiling weakly at him.

“I… I don’t know. I thought you might want to know.” He mumbled.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Hyung, are you nervous or something? Haneul noona would turn up, don’t worry!” He smiled.

“I know she’ll turn up. Just… I don’t know.” I sighed.

“Come on! Don’t sigh on your big day!” He pouted.

He turned off the hair dryer and sat down beside me.

“Is something wrong, hyung?” He asked.

“It’s just… It suddenly dawn upon me that… In a few hours, my life would change drastically.” I said softly.

“Hyung! You’re not having second thoughts, are you?” He asked, wide eyed.

“Second thoughts? Hahaha! You’re mad.” I poked his cheek.

I let out a loud sigh and let myself fall back onto the bed, arms opened wide.

“I’m going to be someone’s husband, Dongwoon ah. Husband, not just fiancé or boyfriend. It. Is. Freaking. Husband.” I said, looking at him.

“What if I screw up? Destroying my life is fine. My life had never meant anything until I met Seungho hyung, met you guys, met her. But if I screw up this time, her life would be ruined too.” I said.

“Hyung~” He frowned, looking at me.

“What did I do to deserve a girl like her, Dongwoon ah? What did I do?” I asked.

“Hyung, you deserve all the goodness in the world. You deserve all the love anyone can ever give in the world. Hyung, you’re not a screwed up . You’re not a freak. You’re amazing. You were amazing, you are amazing, and you would be amazing.” He said.

“Dongwoon ah, Dongwoon~” I smiled.

“But hyung, I’ll miss you.” He said softly.

I sat up and looked at him closely.

“Are you crying?” I asked, touching the corner of his eye.

“Aish! Hyung!” He pushed my hand away, turning his face away from me.

“What? Son Dongwoon, did you just ‘aish’ your hyung?!” I asked, grabbed his waist, throwing him onto the bed.

We wrestled for a while before we both lied flat on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

“I’ll miss you guys too.” I said.

“We must have dinner together at least once a week.” He said.

“And you guys must come and stay over at least once a month. I even have rooms for you all.” I said.

“Together with MBLAQ. And then we’ll play with Tae Hyun, Ji Eun and your coming soon child. We’ll teach the kids how to cycle, roller blade, swim, play soccer, basketball and other fun things.” He said.

“At night we’ll have barbeque in the garden. We’ll drink alcohol while the kids drink milk.” I said.

“We’ll help you feed the kids, change them, put them to sleep.” He smiled.

“Then finally when it is all quiet, we’ll lie down on the grass patch outside and admire the stars.” I said.

“And we’ll talk, about how good or bad life has been to us.” He said.

“We’ll talk, and talk, and talk… And then we’ll cuddle up together and fall asleep.” I said.

“We’ll sleep outside. Even if it rains, or it’s very hot, or if it’s snowing, we’ll sleep outside.” He said.

“Our body heat against each other will keep us warm.” I said.

“And when we grow old, when your kids grow up, when our kids grow up, and when B2utys grow up, and when Beast no longer have the appeal or the energy to be on stage anymore…” He said.

“We’ll have our own concert in my backyard. We’ll sing and dance and rap and fool around.” I smiled.

“We’ll always be Beast, be it whether we will perform on stage again or not.” He said.

“Beast that never dies.” I said.

He turned over to me. He was about to say something, but got cut off because the door burst opened.

“WHY ARE YOU ALL TALKING LIKE AS THOU WE’RE GOING TO SPILT UP EARLY IN THE MORNING!?” Yoseob yelled, eyes teary.

I glance at Doojoon, Hyunseung and Kikwang. They were sniffing and had teary eyes too.

“STOP TALKING LIKE THAT!!!! IT’S NOT TOUCHING AT ALL!!!” Doojoon yelled, trying hard to hold back his tears, but failed.

He is the leader, but he is still a boy. In fact, we are all boys. We ended up in a group hug on the bed, crying our eyes out.

“WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING CRYING LIKE THAT NOW!? OH MY GOD!!!” A voice shouted.

We looked up and saw Seungho hyung staring worriedly at us.

“Hyung~” I mumbled, throwing myself onto him.

“Aigoo~ Don’t cry~ Shhh… All of you… Look at your faces. We’re Junnie’s best men. Now we look terrible. We’ll be terrible men.” He said, chuckling but his voice cracked too.

I looked up and his eyes teary too.

“Ahhh hyung~” I , wiping away his tears.

“I’m not crying! Why should I cry? It’s such a happy occasion. It’s your dorm! It’s so dusty! See what the dust did to me? Damn~” He looked down.

“Hyung~” I hugged him tight.

“Hyung, thank you for everything. Without you, I don’t know if I’ll even survive. I may not be able to repay whatever you did and sacrificed for me because I doubt a lifetime would be enough, but hyung, please know and believe that I’m really, really thankful to have a hyung like you in my life. Without you, Yong Junhyung is nothing.” I said.

“Ahh please stop it.” He pushed me away lightly before running out.

“Hyung!” I called out.

“He’s embarrassed.” Doojoon laughed.

“Alright, alright! Let’s get cleaned up, again. We have to go. WE’RE RUNNING LATE!!!!” He screamed the last sentence, running out of the room.

I went out of the dorm and saw Seungho hyung sitting on the steps, with his face buried in his palms.

“Hyung~” I sat beside him, poking his arm.

He looked away, wiping his face frantically.

“Ahh hyung~ It’s okay! I’m not anyone else! Don’t have to be embarrassed!” I said.

He turned to face me.

I have not looked at Seungho hyung close up in a long time. It would be weird if I kept looking at him closely. His dark circles seemed darker, but he still looks youthful. He looked tired, but he is still smiling.

“Hyung, sincerely, thank you.” I said.

He nodded, smiling weakly at me.

“Junhyung ah~ Don’t think about repaying me or anything, because there isn’t any need to. What do you take me for, hmm? Repaying here and there. Silly or what.” He flicked my forehead.

“Oww~” I pouted.

“But Junhyung ah, all I ask from you is for you to be happy.” He said.

“I am happy.” I said.

“I know, and I am glad.” He said.

“Love Haneul like how you want your Ji Eun’s future husband to love her.” He smiled.

“But what if… I don’t do a good job?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Then screw yourself or something.” He said, standing up, dusting his pants.

“Screw myself?” I laughed.

“Yes. I’ll buy you a screwdriver.” He smiled, pulling me up.

“But if you don’t get going soon, it’ll be your bride and a whole lot of other people screwing you!” He smacked my , pushing me back into the dorm.

Haneul’s POV

“Can you like move faster!? Why are you so slow!?” Jace shouted at me.

I strolled to my bedroom, half awake, with my hair dripping wet.

“YAH! SKYE!” He shouted into my ear.

“What~?” I dragged my voice, looking at him.

“It’s your wedding day, do you know?” He asked.

“Of course.” I yawned.

“But why does it have to be so freaking early?” I plopped myself onto the bed, dozing off again until I felt hot air blowing against my face.

“YAHH!!!” I tried to cover my face but I could not seem to escape it.

“ARE YOU AWAKE NOW!?” He yelled.

“I am! I AM!!!” I pushed the hair dryer away.

“Good. Now, turn around, I’ll dry your hair.” He said.

I did as I was told. I closed my eyes, enjoying his light massages on my head as he dried my hair. I leaned against his belly, smiling to myself.

“What so funny?” He asked.

“Nothing.” I said.

“This would be the last time I do this for you.” He said.

“Why?” I looked at him.

“Omo! Do you know how scary you look like this!? Tsk! How can I still dry your hair like that? You’re going to be someone’s wife, for goodness.” He switched it to cold air and blow the hair dryer in my face for fun.

“Yah!” I covered my face.

“Hahaha~ How is it that you’re getting married today, baby girl?” He said as he combed my hair.

“I don’t know. It feels…. Unreal.” I said.

“What? Are you thinking of changing your mind!? Yah! Baby girl!” He frowned at me.

I looked at him and laughed. But inside I cannot help but wonder what the future lies for me, for us. Would I be able to do it? Would I be able to dedicate myself to that one man for the rest of my life? It has never dawn upon me how serious of a decision I am making until now. Would I be able to do it?

The door burst open, revealing my bridesmaid holding my dress, shoes and a makeup box.

“Jace, out. She has to change.” One of them said.

“Erm… Oh. Okay… I… I… Wait.” He stuttered, turning to me.

“Baby girl, congratulations and I love you. See you there.” He kissed me on my cheek before making his way out.

“You can keep that. I am not using it.” I pointed to the makeup box.

“I know! It’s not for you!” She yelled.

They got down to changing me and styling my hair.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. So, this is it?

Junhyung’s POV

We arrived at the venue. It felt weird walking in with a huge group of guys in black suit behind me. It feels like we are filming some mafia movie.

“Oh my, oh my! One of you is enough to kill, and now there’s eleven?” Haneul’s mother teased us.

“Ahh no~ Annyeonghasaeyo.” I greeted with a bow, so did the others.

“Oh gosh. This is so mafia-ish. Don’t do that!” She smacked my shoulder lightly.

“But you’re very handsome today.” She smiled.

“Only today?” I asked.

“AH! HAHAHA! Now you learn to tease me back?” She pinched my cheeks lightly.

I shook my head, giggling at her.

“Go and greet your parents! Hurry!” She smacked my .

I nodded, walking over to my parents’ side. They were talking to Haneul’s father.

“Omo omo~ You guys look like a gang.” Haneul’s father said when our eyes met.

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” I bowed to him.

I bowed to my parents and greeted them. The rest behind me followed suit. I agree, we do look a little scary.

“My son~ My handsome son~” My umma said, patting my cheeks lightly.

Hanuel’s mother came to join us.

“He is very handsome.” She said to my umma.

“And your girl is very beautiful too.” My umma said.

“Ahhh that tom boy~” Haneul’s mother laughed.

“Ahh Seungho!” My umma turned to Seungho hyung.

Seungho hyung bowed to my umma politely. Umma and Haneul’s parents went on to chat with the other boys.

“Son,” My appa said, putting his hands on my shoulders.

“Appa.” I greeted.

“It’s today.” He said.

“I know.” I smiled.

“It’s a life changing decision, and I trust you’ll do well.” He said.

“I hope.” I said nervously.

“You’ll do well. But you’re still our baby.” He smiled, patting my cheek.

“AWWW BABY!!!!” A weight crashed onto my back.

“Aish! Let me go!!!” I grumbled, but could not help smiling.

“Awww hyung~ You’re going to miss me when I am gone!” He tightened his arms around my neck, clinging onto me.

“Aish I wish you’ll be gone.” I .

He got down my back and looked at me with sad eyes.

“Hey, I was just kidding. You’re my baby brother. I’ll do anything for you to be around.” I hushed him quickly.

“Merong!” He looked up, sticking his tongue out at me.

“AISH YOU!!!” I locked his neck with my arms, jabbing my fist into his stomach.

“Aigoo aigoo! Stop it! Both of you! You’ll get hurt! Yah!” My umma shouted.

“So embarrassing!” I heard her grumble.

“They are cute!” Haneul’s mother laughed.

After a while of fooling around, we got down to business.

Haneul’s parents, my parents, Junsung and I stood at the entrance, welcoming guests. Doojoon and Seungho were at the reception, getting people to sign in the guest book and handing out door gifts to them. The rest of Beast and MBLAQ were around the place, ushering people.

Seungho hyung was on a lollipop and looking like a gangster. Most people gave him a quick smile before turning to Doojoon, who looked much, much friendly. I cannot help but laugh whenever Seungho hyung’s expression darkened when people did not dare to near him. But seriously, who would go near him with that face?

“Hyung ah~” I called out.

“What!?” He glared at me.

“You’re scaring away the guests.” I said.

“What!? Am I very ugly!?” He growled.

“Ah no no. Just.. Smile! Please.” I pleaded.

“I don’t want to! I am angry!” He frowned.

“Why are you angry? I thought you were happy this morning.” I asked him like how I would ask Tae Hyun.

Speaking about the two, I have not seen them yet.

“Because I am angry!” He puffed his cheeks.

 And then I remembered, we forgot to feed the panda breakfast.

“I’ll make sure you have a table full of food to yourself later.” I said.

“You better make sure!” He pointed at me before flashing a wide smile at the next guest.

Sometimes I really wonder is Seungho hyung really my hyung?

As the time neared, my heart started beating wildly and my stomach churned uncomfortably.

“BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I heard a familiar voice yell.

I pinched my nose bridge before turning back.

“So handsome!” Jace smiled, pinching my cheeks.

“You’re so embarrassing, do you know!?” Haneul’s mother hissed.

My parents were staring at Jace in shock. Junsung minded his own business because he knew.

“Ahh umma, appa, this is Jace. Haneul’s best friend.” I introduced.

“Ahhh, annyeonghasaeyo~” Jace said, flashing his signature smile as he bowed politely.

“Is everyone from your country that good looking?” My appa asked Haneul’s parents.

They burst into laughter, pinching Jace’s cheeks. For once, I saw Jace blushed.

“Oh. I have to go.” Haneul’s father said, looking at his watch.

“I’ll come with you. I want to see her too.” Haneul’s mother said.

“Junhyung, we’ll see you later?” She said.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“You look so pale. Don’t be nervous.” She pat my cheek before leaving.

They left, that means it is very, very soon.

“Did you eat anything this morning?” Jace asked, standing beside me to greet people on behalf of Haneul’s parents.

“No appetite.” I mumbled.

“You look like you’re going to pass out.” He said.

“I am.” I mumbled.

“I’ll grab you something light?” He asked.

“No. It’s fine. I just.. Maybe the toilet.” I mumbled.

“You want to eat the toilet?” He teased me.

“Jace!” I hissed, making my way to the gents.

I stared at myself in the reflection.

“Yong Junhyung.” I called out to myself.

“In half an hour or so, you’ll become someone else. You’re not simply Yong Junhyung anymore. You have a responsibility to uphold. Your family, Beast, Haneul.” I said to myself.

“You’ll do well. You can do it.” I smiled.

Despite the self-encouragement, I could not stop my heart from going crazy. I could literally feel my heart slamming against my chest.

I walked back to where they were.

“Are you feeling okay?” My umma asked.

“I’m good.” I smiled.

“It’s normal to be nervous. In fact, if you aren’t nervous, then something is wrong. But remember, you’re Yong Junhyung. You’re strong. You can do it.” She said, cupping my cheeks.

I nodded.

I turned to Jace, who was busy electrocuting girls with his eyes and his smile.

“Jace, where is Tae Hyun and Ji Eun?” I asked.

“With Haneul.” He said.

“Oh.” I mumbled, feeling a little sad that they did not come to see me.

“They said they want to surprise you with their outfit, that’s why they hid themselves.” Jace smiled.

“Surprise me?” I laughed.

“Like as thou I wouldn’t have enough surprises for today.” I mumbled.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“You know, I have not seen Haneul in her wedding dress yet.” I said.

“You have not!?” He exclaimed.

I shook my head.

“And neither have she seen me in my suit. But then, this suit is nothing special. We have not even contacted each other since yesterday.” I laughed.

“Didn’t you guys take your wedding photos together?” He asked.

“We did. But we chose our own outfits for today and did not reveal it to each other. We said we’ll just surprise each other today. But now, I am kind of regretting it.” I mumbled.

“Ya. You should never let that girl approve her own outfit.” He said with a sorry smile.

“Oh no.” I mumbled, trying to imagine the wildest clothes Haneul would choose.

This girl can do anything.

“Junhyung. It’s time to touch up and go.” Seungho hyung said.

I looked at Jace, my parents and Junsung.

“We’ll see you in there, son.” My umma smiled, her eyes teary.

“Hyung, you look extremely handsome today.” Junsung said.

“Son, go get your girl.” My appa playfully punch my chest.

“Baby boy…” Jace called out.

“Go on~” He mumbled, not saying anything else.

Seungho hyung led me to an empty room where he helped me touch up my makeup and adjusted my suit for me.

“You okay?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Look.” I said, raising my hand up.

My hands were shaking uncontrollably.

“Goodness!” He grabbed my hands.

“You’re shaking like a leaf!” He commented.

“Why are your hands so cold? Are you having a fever now or something?” He frowned, feeling my forehead.

“Why is it so hot!?” He exclaimed.

“I’m not having a fever. Or maybe I am. I don’t know. I’m feeling so damn nervous now.” I said.

“Look, Junhyung. You’ve been waiting for today since forever. And you’re not alone.” He said.

“But what if she…” I mumbled.

“You think too much!” He laughed.

The door opened and the rest of the boys entered.

“Junhyung!” Doojoon hugged me.

“Why are you shaking so much? Why do you feel so hot?” He frowned.

“I think he’s panicking, that’s why.” Seungho said.

“I’m fine.” I assured them, but I was not fine at all.

“Aigoo!” He laughed, and they started hugging and encouraging me, telling me everything will be fine and then Haneul will walk through that door.

“If Haneul doesn’t appear, I’ll hunt her down in my Black Widow suit!” Kikwang said.

“Haneul is all of Avengers add together, how can you win her?” I .

“Really?” He looked at me innocently.

“I thought Black Widow is powerful? She is not? But I kept telling myself it’s okay I got her suit because she’s powerful. So she is really not?” He asked, looking so sad.

“She’s powerful. She’s the most powerful woman in Avengers.” I said, not wanting to further.

“Hyung, there is only one woman in Avengers.” Dongwoon said, spoiling everything.

“Aish!!” Yoseob grumbled, smacking Dongwoon on his head.

“Alright, alright! Enough nonsense!” Doojoon said in an ordering voice.

“Today is our Junnie’s big day. If he trips later, we’ll catch him, right?” He asked.

“YEA!” They yelled.

“If Haneul doesn’t appear, we’ll hunt her down, right?” He asked.

“YEA!!” They yelled.

“If the sky falls, we’ll hold it up for them, right!?” He asked.

“YEA!!!” They yelled.

“BEAST!!!” He shouted, putting his hand out, so did the other Beast members, including myself.

“MBLAQ!!” Seungho yelled, putting his hand on top of ours, followed by the other MBLAQ boys.

“MBLEAST FIGHTING! JUNHYUNG FIGHTING!!!!” They yelled.

We cheered and hugged each other again until a knock on the door disrupted us.

“Junhyung sshi, it’s time.” The man said.

“Come, let’s go.” Seungho hyung said, smiling at me.

I nodded and looked at the rest.

“Thanks guys. Thanks for everything.” I said.

“We’ll see you inside.” Doojoon smiled.

“And don’t trip!” Mir teased.

“Alright! Let’s go! We have a wedding to start!” Doojoon said, leading the boys out, including MBLAQ, leaving Seungho hyung and I alone in the room.

“Ready?” He asked.

I in a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

“YES!” I yelled.

“Let’s go!” He smiled, tugging my arm.

***

We stood outside the church doors, hearing the MCs, who happened to be Mir and Dongwoon, talk nonsense, causing everyone inside to laugh.

“Shouldn’t have gotten the maknaes to be the MCs.” Seungho hyung sighed.

“I know. Look at the chaos they are creating. What did Mir just say? Did he just say something weird in the church?” I asked, straining to hear what they were talking about.

“I don’t know, I don’t care, I can’t hear.” Seungho hyung shook his head, looking down.

I, too, could not be bothered. My entire head was filled with Haneul, Haneul and more Haneul.

“AND NOW, SHALL WE PUT OUR HANDS TOGETHER TO WELCOME OUR OH SO HANDSOME GROOM!?” We looked up when we heard Mir announced.

“Our Junnie hyung, he is feeling very nervous today. So if he trips later, please do not laugh at him, okay?” Dongwoon said.

“That idiot.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Ahh, Dongwoon ah! How can you say that about Junhyung hyung? If he falls, we have to laugh of course! How often do we get to see someone so badass like him fall down!?” Mir said.

“Oh my god so embarrassing.” Seungho hyung buried his face in his palms.

“But Mir ah, I don’t think Seungho hyung will let Junnie hyung fall.” Dongwoon said.

“That’s right. Our Seungho hyung. He is… I don’t know what is he. But then, Seungho hyung has slow reflexes and he is not very flexible, what if they fall together?” Mir asked.

“Do they think they are hosting a variety show?” Seungho hyung asked.

“I think they’re using this opportunity to train for it.” I said.

“Please don’t tell me tonight will be them too.” Seungho hyung looked at me.

“Oh that, I really don’t know.” I said.

“Ahhh then let’s just let them fall together! How often do we get to see a badass rapper fall? How often do we get to see the almighty leader Yang Seungho fall? And even more to that, how often do we get to see them fall together!?” Dongwoon laughed.

“He’s going to get it later. Why isn’t Doojoon doing anything?” I asked.

“Alright, alright. Dongwoon ah, I think we have to let the groom in, or else, even if the panda outside don’t charge in, Doojoon hyung and G.O hyung would charge up here to hit us.” Mir laughed.

And with that, no warning whatsoever, the door flew opened. We were greeted with loud cheering and clapping. Everyone stood up, looking  at our direction. I was so stunned I did not move. Seungho hyung jabbed my side, gesturing me to walk.

I made my way down the aisle, with Seungho hyung walking beside me.  I was not trying to be rude, but I could not look at those people. I was so nervous.

When I arrived at the end of the aisle, I was still looking down. Seungho hyung stood beside me. He gave me a light squeeze on my arm, assuring me. I looked up slightly, the entire church was filled with people I knew and did not know. I looked around to search for familiar faces. I saw my parents, Haneul’s mother, Junsung, Jace, Ahjumma, Beast and MBLAQ, my close friends, my manager, my CEO, they were smiling at me and showing me thumbs up.

The priest took the stage, saying many things I could not exactly understand, or maybe, I did not wish to hear him at all. I want to see my bride, now. I must have spaced out because I snapped out when I felt a painful pinch on my arm. I yelped softly and turned to find Seungho hyung gesturing me to turn to the door.

“Ahhh, now that the groom has snapped out of his dazed…” Dongwoon said.

I turned to glare at him.

“I mean, we all know why the groom is dazing, right? Not because the priest is boring, but because he cannot wait to see his bride, right?” Dongwoon asked.

I looked at me, in hope he got my message that he would die later on.

“I don’t think Junhyung hyung can wait any longer. Look at the eagerness in his eyes.” Mir teased me.

Seungho hyung shot him his famous glare, and Mir smiled awkwardly instantly.

“I’m talking too much. My leader is angry. Uh oh.” Mir pouted, causing the others to laugh.

“OKAYLET’SWELCOMETHEBRIDE!” They said in unison, as usual, without warning.

I was shaking. I wanted to hold onto Seungho hyung’s hand to prevent myself from falling, but he was not there. He was at the piano, immersed into playing the piano. As he started playing, the door opened slowly. I shifted my gaze towards the doors.

Everyone stood up, but no one made a sound. Seungho hyung’s music filled the air. Tae Hyun and Ji Eun were the first to come in. So cute, my two babies. Tae Hyun dressed smartly in a tuxedo while Ji Eun dressed so sweetly in a dress. They were throwing confetti as they walked down the aisle. Our eyes met and they grinned playfully at me. I smiled back at them, sending them flying kisses in which they dramatically caught.

My attention shifted when I heard gasps and soft cheers. I looked over and saw my Haneul, my bride, walking down the aisle, arms linked with her father’s, with a bouquet of white lilies in her hands. I had to fight with myself so as not to run up the aisle and just hug her there. She was dressed in a short white fluffy, lacy dress. Her hair tied up in a bun, secured by a chopstick, with her bangs down. Her veil was secured by a small tiara. The only thing I hated about her entire outfit were her shoes. They were too high for someone almost four months pregnant. I made a mental note to make her take off her shoes later.

But other than that, she looked so gorgeous, my girl, my bride. Even from far and with the veil covering her face, I could tell she was blushing. She walked down slowly, following the pace of the music, with her head slightly down, a smile plastered to her face. I did not realize I was crying until I felt someone nudge me frantically. It was Doojoon. He kept gesturing me to wipe my tears, but I could not move. My eyes were fixed on Haneul, and that is all I could see at that moment.

It felt like forever until she reached me. The moment the music stopped, everyone erupted into cheers, catcalls and clapping.

“She’s yours.” Her father said to me, handing her hand to me.

“She is in good hands, I promise you that.” I said.

“Good, and wipe your tears.” He winked at me before sitting back down.

“Why? Am I very ugly?” Haneul asked, smiling at me.

“You… You’re gorgeous. But.. I hate those shoes.” I mumbled.

She laughed and shook her head. I held onto her hand tightly as we turned to the priest.

“We have gathered here today to witness the souls of two individual become one.” The priest started.

Haneul and I were just looking down, holding tightly onto each other as he continued talking. It was only when the priest called my name that I snapped out.

“Yong Junhyung sshi, you requested to have your own vows, did you? So please, now, your vow.” He said.

I turned to Haneul, looking at her in the eyes. I held onto the mic with trembling hand, and I guess it was obvious.

“HYUNG FIGHTING!!!” I think it was Yoseob who shouted.

Everyone started cheering and clapping for me.

“I’m not nervous. Haa~” I said.

They quiet down, waiting for me to continue.

“This is going to be long, but bear with me, please.” I said.

They smiled and nodded. I turned to Haneul, who was staring at her feet.

“Haneul, my Lionny.” I called out.

People made cringing sounds at the nickname. Only Haneul laughed.

“I have said this countless times, but I don’t think it will ever be enough. More than how much I want you to know I love you, I want you to know how thankful I am to have you. I would not call you my life, although you are, but because my life is not that great after all for you to be name after. Neither would I call you my everything, although you are, because my everything is not that much after all for you to be name after. Haneul, I don’t know what title should I be giving you. Everything I can think of don’t seem to suit you, because they are lacking in some way or another. You’re just… perfect.” I said, looking at her.

She smiled slightly, but did not look up.

“You showered me with love when I thought I did not deserve any, you took care of me when I thought I could not make it anymore, you gave me hope when I hit rock bottom. You slapped me out of negativity when I gave up. You gave me guts when I had none, you let me fall, but dressed my wounds after that, you allowed me to explore, you gave me the freedom I did not deserve, you taught me life and love and everything else I could not possibly have learned or realized on my own. You showed me the real meaning of what ‘meant to be’ meant.” I continued.

“Haneul, I don’t think I have the rights to be giving you a title, but thank you, thank you for allowing me to stand here today, before you, before everyone, giving me the chance to scream ‘I Do’. I don’t mind even if I become ‘Mr Haneul’ instead of you becoming ‘Mrs Yong Junhyung’. It’s fine, because you deserve everything.” I said, lifting her chin up so she could face me.

There were laughter from the people.

“ I, Yong Junhyung, take you Haneul, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. And if there is a next life, I want to be with you too. Even in the next, next life, and so on. I want to be with you.” I said.

“I DO!” I shouted.

Everyone cheered and clapped. I turned to the boys who were smiling and clapping. I looked at Tae Hyun and Ji Eun who were also grinning and clapping with all their might. I wonder if their little palms would hurt later on.

“Haneul sshi, your turn.” The priest said.

Haneul took the microphone from me. She looked up at me, and then turned to everyone.

“Junhyung, or rather, Mr Haneul, as he asked to be called,” She said, causing people to laugh.

“He said that I taught him what ‘meant to be’ meant.” She continued.

“But, I don’t think we were ever meant to be.” She said, looking at me.

My eyes widened and I could feel my smile fade away. What is she saying?

“We were never meant to be, Junhyung.” She said.

Her expression told me she was not joking with me. She was serious. What is happening? She had been quiet and looking down ever since she stepped in. Is something wrong? Did something happened? Is she… changing her mind?

I could hear gasps and murmurings from the crowd. My stomach churned and my heart raced. I could faint any moment. I really could.

***

PhotobucketSeungho: I'm not crying! *P.S. I was trying hard to search for a gif of this scene...But I couldn't find any.. I ended up tearing up because I remembered that last episode :'( I'm lousy ><*

PhotobucketSeungho: I don’t want to! I am angry!

PhotobucketJunhyung: You’ll do well. You can do it.

PhotobucketJunhyung in his suit

PhotobucketEveryone: MBLEAST FIGHTING!! JUNHYUNG FIGHTING!!

PhotobucketMir: I don’t think Junhyung hyung can wait any longer. Look at the eagerness in his eyes

PhotobucketJunhyung looking at Haneul walk down the aisle

PhotobucketJunhyung saying his vow to Haneul

PhotobucketHaneul: We were never meant to be, Junhyung

***
Uh oh~