Seungho Hyung

I'm Different

A/N: Go back to Chapter 2 if you have not read it :)

Junhyung’s POV

After spending some time there, I thought it was time to go back since it was getting late. I locked the basement and made my way up. I saw her sitting at the table, trying to tape her book back.

“Erm..” I tapped her shoulder lightly.

She turned to me, looking pissed.

“I’m leaving.” I said.

“Then go.” She continued with the stuff she was doing.

“The keys..” I said.

“Leave it.” She said.

“Actually, I have an extra book. I can pass it to you.” I said, putting the keys on the table.

“Sir, the exit is that way.” She pointed without even looking at me.

“It’s kind of late, why are you still here?” I asked.

“Tsk.” She stood up and walked off.

“Do you hate me so much?” I asked.

She stopped and turned to face me. She smiled, but it wasn’t genuine.

“Oh no. I don’t hate you. How can I? You’re the almighty Beast’s Rapper, Yong Junhyung. How can I hate you?” She smiled.

“Don’t talk like that.” I said softly.

“Why? Does it offend you? I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t mean to offend you, Sir.” She said.

I looked at her, not knowing how to react.

“Don’t think so highly of yourself. I don’t hate you. Actually, I hate everyone. I just hate this place, this country, this world. Does it make you feel better? I am not picking on you. I treat everyone the same. So, just mind your own business and I’ll mind mine.” She opened the door, gesturing me to get out.

“But you helped me today, didn’t you?” I said.

“I helped you? When?” She laughed.

“The rubber band.” I said.

“That? I wasn’t helping you. I just hated him. Come on, get out now, I have work to do. I may not be as high up there as you in terms of status, but that doesn’t mean I am obliged to hold the door for you.” She said.

The moment I stepped out, she shut the door and walked off, not even bothering to take a second look at me. Why does my heart hurt? This girl has never did or said anything nice to me since the day we met, but why do I still feel the pain?

I have a strong feeling she isn’t as cold and rude as she is. But why is she behaving like this? I watch her from the outside as she tried to piece her book back together. I wouldn’t have the patience to do such things, but she did.

I went back to the dorm and fell asleep almost immediately.

The next day at school, when I arrived, she wasn’t there yet. My eyes were glued to the door, hoping to see her walk in. A knock on my table snapped me back to reality.

“Hey, Arrogant.” One of my classmates called out.

I looked down, not answering them.

They closed in onto me, touching me all over. I tried to move away, but I had nowhere to go.

“Please don’t..” I pleaded.

“What? Just because you’re a celebrity, we can’t even touch you?” One said with his arm over my shoulders, he was squeezing my arm with brutal force.

“No.. Just that…” I mumbled.

They looked through my stuff. I tried to stop them but they grabbed onto my wrists tightly.

“Is this new?” One asked, looking at my iTouch.

“No..” I mumbled.

“So that means I can take it?” He said.

“Huh?” I tried to take it back, but he kept it in his pocket.

“You’re rich and all, I’m pretty sure you can buy a new one. Why do you need this old one?” He said.

“It’s not that.. Please.. Give it back to me.” I said.

I had more than just songs inside. My compositions and all were stored inside. I can’t just give it away.

“Why should I?” He said, waving the iTouch in my face.

“Please. I have important stuff inside.” I pleaded.

“Like what? !?” He said loudly, the other boys started laughing.

“No. But please.” I tried to snatch it back.

“Catch it if you can.” He said as he threw it forward.

I pushed my way through to try catch it but they blocked me.

“LET ME GO!!!” I shouted.

 I thought it was over. I waited for the gadget to hit the ground, but it didn’t.

They let go of me and I fell a few steps down. Everyone was quiet.

I saw a pair of shoes in front of me. I looked up and saw Hanuel staring at me, her forehead had a cut and is starting to bruise. Did my iTouch hit her head?

“Yours?” She said coldly.

I nodded.

She shoved it back to me and made her way up. The people in class didn’t dare to block her or say anything. They just watch as she stomped up and threw herself into the seat.

“Th.. Than.. Thank you..” I said.

She looked away.

“You should get the cut cleaned.” I said.

“CELEBRITY SSHI! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP POKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER PEOPLE’S BUSINESS AND JUST MIND YOUR OWN!? IS IT PART OF YOUR CONTRACT AS AN IDOL TO BE BOTHERED ABOUT EVERYONE’S PROBLEMS!?” She shouted.

The whole class stared at us.

I shook my head and sank back into the seat. Throughout the whole lesson, I found myself stealing glances at her. The pages of her book kept falling out that she got frustrated, she closed it altogether and just read her own book while the teacher conducted his lesson.

After the lesson ended, when everyone left, I went up to her.

“You can have this.” I said, handing her the book.

“What is this? Pity?” She smirked.

“No. I just have an extra. You need it to study, don’t you?” I said.

“Look here, I don’t need your pity, okay?” She said.

“Take it as a thank you gift?” I said.

She grabbed the book from my hand and threw it against the wall. I watch as the book fell onto the floor.

“Happy?” She smiled.

“I thought we can be friends.” I mumbled.

“What?! HAHAHA! FRIENDS!? Me and you!? Mr Yong, I don’t want and will never wish to make friends with anyone of your nationality. Bear that in mind, okay?” She said.

“But why?” I asked, sounding a little agitated.

“BECAUSE I HATE YOUR COUNTRY! THAT’S WHY!” She screamed into my face.

“Fine! At least, plaster that cut.” I handed her a plaster.

“You still don’t get it, don’t you?” She took the plaster from my hand.

She opened it and smiled.

“I don’t want your pity, ing bastard. And don’t ever talk to me again, I hate your voice.” She stuck the plaster onto my mouth.

I stood there, stunned, with the plaster stuck on my mouth.

I didn’t know how long I’ve been stunned for, but I snapped back to my senses when a familiar voice called out for me.

“Junhyung ah, what is with the plaster on your lips?” Seungho Hyung asked as he made his way up to where I stood.

“MMMM” I beamed, but couldn’t speak.

“Silly.” He laughed as he tore the plaster away.

“Who did this to you? Is it them again!?” He clenched his fists.

“No no. It’s not. Hyung! I’m so happy to see you!” I hugged him.

“Hahahaha! You little brat. Let’s go. I’ll buy you lunch.” He said as he help me pack my stuff.

I went over to pick up the book Hanuel threw.

“Why do you have two textbooks?” Seungho Hyung asked.

“Oh, it was for someone.” I said with a slight smile.

“Oh.” He said as he carried my bag.

“Hyung, I can carry it.” I said, trying to take my bag from him.

“Come on, let me do something for my dongsaeng.” He smiled.

He put his arm over my shoulders and held me close to him as we walked out. Those people who bullied me all the time were shocked to see Seungho Hyung. Fan girls went crazy but Seungho just smiled.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Yea.” I said, with my head down.

“You’re going to trip and fall if you don’t look at where you’re going.” He laughed.

It felt good walking with Seungho Hyung again. With him, I felt protected. I didn’t have to rush out of school just to avoid the bullies.

“So, how’s school?” He asked.

“Same. I just went back a few days ago.” I said as I poured him a cup of water.

“Ahh, don’t tire yourself out! You lost weight, again!” He scolded.

“I didn’t.” I said.

“Hyung, I’m so happy today.” I smiled.

“Come on, eat up.” He smiled as he put food on my plate.

I didn’t have much appetite since morning but now that Seungho Hyung is here, I felt as thou all my energy is back. Don’t get it wrong, I like Seungho Hyung, but I’m not gay. He is really close and precious to me. He loved and took care of me when no one did. I am very grateful to him.

I dropped my chopsticks when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Does it have to hurt now!?

“WAE!? WAE!?” Seungho Hyung’s eyes widened.

“Nothing..” I smiled as the pain subsided a little.

“Are you still.. You know..” He pointed to my lower region.

I smiled awkwardly and nodded.

“Ahh.. Now?” He asked.

I nodded, looking away.

“Hey, don’t have to be embarrassed. It’s not like we just know each other today.” He said.

“You shouldn’t be eating this then.” He said as he took my bowl of cold noodles away from me. He ordered a bowl of porridge for me.

“Hyung, you didn’t have to. I can still eat that. It’s fine” I said.

“I don’t want to have to piggy back you home. Remember that time you…” I cut him off.

“Okay okay. Don’t talk about it.” I said.

He smiled and continued stuffing his cheeks with food. We chatted as we ate. I missed times like this.

“Oh, on the way to your class, I met this girl who stomped out. She banged into me but just walked off. So rude. Is she from your class? Hair tied in a pony tail, carrying a sling bag.” He described.

“Haneul?” I said unconsciously.

“Haneul? So she’s really from your class?” He said.

“Huh? Oh. Yea. I think it’s her.” I said.

“Doesn’t look local. So rude.” He pouted.

“Don’t say that about her. She isn’t like this.” I defended her unconsciously.

He leaned forward and looked at me with a cheeky smile.

“Why? Is my Junnie dongsaeng in love?” He asked.

“What!? NO! Just.. She’s not like this.” I said.

“Fine. Anything you say.” He laughed.

“Did you do anything to piss her off then? Why was she so angry? She obviously came out from your class and you were the only one inside when I walked in.” He said.

“Hyung, when did you become so nosy?” I teased.

“What did you say!?” He punched me playfully.

“Let’s go to the book shop later.” He said.

“Okay.” I nodded as I ate.

We had our arm over each other’s shoulders and were walking really close together that we could be easily be mistaken as being together. We were laughing as we pushed the door of the book shop open.

“Welcome.” A monotonous voice called out. Haneul.

She frowned when she saw Seungho Hyung and I practically leaning on each other. For some reason, I quickly pushed Seungho Hyung away.

“We’re not..” I explained.

She put the keys on the counter top and went off to the table. She was still trying to stick her book back.

“Oh.. Now I know..” Seungho Hyung laughed softly.

“Shut up, Hyung.” I elbowed him.

I found myself staring at her while waiting for Seungho Hyung to open the door.

“Coming in or not!?” Seungho Hyung shouted.

“Ah yea.. Yea..” I hurried down.

“You like her~” He said in a sing song voice.

“What?! No I don’t. I barely know her.” I defended.

“That’s it! You barely know her and you’re already like this!” He said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Defending her. Staring at her. This is so unlike Yong Junhyung.” He said, picking up a book.

“Even so, that doesn’t mean I like her. And even if I like her, so what? She doesn’t like me. And I can’t.” I sat down beside him.

“What do you mean by you can’t? You can, okay. Just because you’re a little different doesn’t make you not a man anymore. Man up and go for it if you want her so badly!” He slapped my chest.

“I am not just alittle different, Hyung. You know it. I’m a freak.” I mumbled.

“YONG JUNHYUNG! CALL YOURSELF A FREAK ONE MORE TIME AND I’LL PERSONALLY TURN YOU INTO ONE!” He threw the book at me.

“I’m sorry! Why are you so angry?” I mumbled.

“Because you’re looking down on yourself! How can you do that!? Where’s that Yong Junhyung on stage!? That beastly rapper!” He shouted.

“It’s fake.” I mumbled.

“It’s not! That’s the real you! Make it happen!” He shook me hard.

I looked down, not knowing what to say.

He sighed and let go of me.

“Sorry. I was too agitated. I just don’t like to see you like this.” He said.

“Hyung, I know. But give me some time.” I said.

“How long do you need, Junhyung ah? It’s been so many years. I know it’s hard. Having to be different, getting abandoned and then bullied. But we’re all here for you. You just need to open your mouth and we’ll back you up.” He said.

I nodded and lied down.

“Why? Does it hurt?” He ask.

“No. Just tired.” I said.

“Okay then, sleep.” He put a cushion under my head and massaged my back.

Is it like what Seungho Hyung said? Do I really like her? And if I really do, can I go into a proper relationship with her? Even if she accepts and becomes my friend, and eventually girlfriend, can she accept the fact I am different from other guys? I can’t even accept myself, how can she accept me?