Fan_Of_Karma

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Story Information:

 

Title: Don’t Meddle With Time, Agent Kim!
 

Author(s): Fan_Of_Karma


Main Character(s): Zhang Yixing, OC (Byun Hyeonri)
 

Status: Chaptered, Ongoing
 

Genre: , Comedy, Sci-fi, Light Romance
 

Description / Summary: While attempting to "fix" the past, former special agent Kim Myungsoo and computer-based scientist Park Gyuri crash in the 21st century with no way home. Can they lay low enough not to get caught and not mess too many things up?
 

Reviewed by: baoshi
 

Date finished: 26 July 2015

Title:

 

Your title does fit with the story and gives the reader and overall concept of what's happening throughout the story and therefore, you've chosen a great title. Although, what I've commented on the title was a positive thing, I felt like you should've changed it to 'Don't Meddle With Time, Dr Park!' because it was her idea in the first place to actually travel to the future on not Agent Kim's but maybe you have an explanation for this.

 

Even so, I do like your title a lot because this was the first time I've seen a title like this so it contributes to how original your title. I mean, yes, other people could have similar titles but it's not exactly generic and it catches the reader's attention and will interest them because it's something other, it's not what you would usually see for a title in a fanfic.

 

Appearance (Graphic/Poster):

 

Your graphics (poster + background) were very colourful, very bright and overall gave a positive view about this fanfic which tells the reader that this story a wide variety of things such as this will involve comedy, it's not horror (duh) and gives the overall happy feel. Colours do give a big impact on the reader and their first impression on the story.

 

I liked your poster a lot. It involved the three main characters and you didn't put all the side characters in there so it wasn't busy with a lot of things which does give a neater and well presented appearance.

 

One thing I wanted to point out was there was nothing to do with time on the poster. Your title says 'Don't Meddle With Time, Agent Kim' but there was nothing to show about time. Even so, I liked how at the top of the poster, it showed the world in the past and then how it looked when they time traveled into the future and the bars helped give it the effect of them traveling into time.

 

Your background was fairly simple so there isn't much to comment on but I do like how your background doesn't have those awkward spots where you can tell where the tiling starts and ends. It's a personal pet peeve of mine to see that so I'm grateful your background tiled nicely.

 

Foreword/Description:

 

Your presentation of everything was really neat and I think that's a big factor to attract readers because a choppy, messy, disorganised so I think you done well with the appearance over all.

Your first paragraph, giving a slight overall summary of the story could've done better. Here's my edited version that I think would help break it down a bit easier but still attract the readers. I'm not saying your current one is bad, just a few small tweaks here and there.

 

Edited ver:

 

Myungsoo should have known better than to listen to the crazy holographic doctor's idea. After all, nothing ever went right with her.

 

He should have known not to stick his nose into matters he couldn't understand none the less

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter