jackieway

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

STORY INFORMATION.

 

Title: Hidden in the Shadows

Author: jackieway

Main characters: Lee Seoyoon (OC), Super Junior, and various other choreographers/dancers/trainees.

Status: Chaptered, on-going.

Genre: Slice of life, fiction, romance, depression, and fluff.

Description/Summary: Not only is Lee Seoyoon Sungmin's younger sister and Super Junior's head choreographer, she is also one of the most talented dancers in SM. She's trained for most of her life, but she will never have a chance to be in the spotlight, no matter how much she wants to. Until the very end, she'll always be hidden in the shadows of one of the most successful boy groups in South Korea. She may seem flawless on the outside. But she's only human, and she's far from perfect. She goes through what everyone else does, only many times worse: Blood. Sweat. Tears. Betrayal. Heartbreak. Depression. Self-harming. But at the end of the dark tunnel of depression that is her daily life, there is also love. Love for a member of Super Junior who helps her find herself again.

Reviewed by: simplymia

Date finished: 1 March 2015.

 

 

STORY REVIEW.

 

Title.

The title is interesting, though somewhat plain. It makes the reader wonder exactly what is hidden in the shadows, even if they might not even have started reading yet. It fits the story well, and has a plan behind it. It isn’t very eyecatching however, so if one scrolls through a list of stories it might not stand out.

 

 

Appearance (Graphic/Poster).

You have different posters for the story, some who fit better than others. The gif’ed one starting at chapter 61 fits the most, and it looks the best as well. The background is rather distracting, as one can’t see the whole picture. I’d advise to use a small logo (it is possible to request these in several shops). It makes it more memorable as well.

 

 

Foreword/Description.

The description is a good length as it’s not too short and not too long. It gives a good introduction to the main character, and gives the reader a clear idea in terms of what the story is about. It describes the OC’s situation and the story’s setting well, and the last sentence leaves the reader hanging. Who does she love? What will happen? It is a good way to keep the reader interested. However, I do think it needs a little bit of air between the sentences, like the foreword is. It makes it easier to read. The formatting is also a little bit plain, so it might not seem as interesting. The foreword was informative. It gives information that may be of importance to the reader, and the warnings of explicit content were highlighted in red. It was easy to read through, the necessary information summed up nicely and shortly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter