☎ KaihleeLo

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Concealed Identity

Author: KaihleeLo

Main Characters: Actors as OCs Lee Minho (Changwoo), Lee Seunggi (Chuho), Yoo Seungho (Wootae), Song Jaerim (Yeong), and Song Joongki (Junseung).

Genre: Historical, Romance, Drama, Action, Mystery, Friendship

Synopsis/Description: In the decades of the 1800s, six teens were introduced to change the nation of South Korea for their own benefit and future. Oh Changwoo (Lee Minho) is the common rebellious teenager from a well-respected family. He dreamed to rule the citizens of Jongno Gu someday and to make changes to the laws written for the people. But the path he chose isn't as smooth as he had thought. That was when he met his life time friends and rivals: Yeo Wootae (Yoo Seungho), Yi Yeong (Song Jae Rim), Moon Chuho (Lee Seunggi), and Heo Jun Seung (Song Joongki).  When fate and destiny plays them with or against one another, how many lives will be lost, how many will be spared, and how many will be saved?

Reviewed By: deerlulu0420

 

 

 

 

Title

Your title is really interesting and it ties in well with your description, but it doesn’t stand out to me. It’s not the most unique title I’ve come across, but it goes well with your story.

 

 

 

Appearance (Graphic/Appearance)

I really like your poster. It sets a mysterious mood, and although there are a lot of people, all of the images are spaced so that it doesn’t seem crowded at all. The colors are really nice, too, and the other graphics and background complement the story as well.

 

 

 

Description/Foreword

It’s interesting that your description is in quotes. It seems like someone’s telling the story about that person (which ties in neatly with the “infinite storytelling”). However, as a whole, the description seems really vague. I think it’d be helpful if you included a name that told us who this man was. The “he” seems a little too vague and too sudden. Furthermore, I find the description a little misleading, since there’s nothing that tells the reader that this story is going to be historical fiction. While the part about the man’s storytelling is interesting, it is also important to give the readers some context, so they have an idea about what they’re getting into. There are also some grammatical errors that I’ll point out in the next section.

 

 

 

Characterization

There are a lot of characters in the story, which makes sense because it’s historical fiction. I admit that I have some trouble keeping up with all of the characters. I tried referring to the character chart a few times, but it was really confusing and didn’t help that much.

There are times when I couldn’t relate to your characters that much. I think it’s because you don’t include enough insight on what the character is thinking. That’s not to say that you should give us a monologue about the character’s thoughts, but sometimes, like when Yoomi suddenly agrees to run away with Inpyo (in chapters 2 and 4), I think it would be really helpful if the readers could know what she was thinking. It would also help if you could show how much they love each other that they’d be willing to risk their lives to escape. That being said, Yoomi’s change in character in chapter 5 was too sudden and unrealistic.

It feels like you’re juggling between a lot of characters, and while you’re doing really well, some of the parts seem a little too short. You don’t give the readers enough of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter