✓ pandoralacey

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STORY REVIEW

 

Title: My Name is Hers

Author: pandoralacey

Reviewed by: Diviana

 

 

 

Title:  4/5

It’s an interesting title. There are a lot of My Name is ____ titles on asianfanfics but the filling in the blank with Hers is a little different. It makes the reader curious how a name can belong to someone else. If someone was scrolling through the site, this has a good chance at drawing the reader in. 

 

 

 

Graphic/Poster: 4/ 5 

The colors and faded look of the poster match the mysterious and psychological tone of the work. I deduced points because the poster looks a bit cluttered with all the text on it.It just seems a little too busy, in my opinion. Also, the title is misspelled on your poster. It says “My Name is Her” instead of “My Name is Hers”

 

 

 

Foreword/Description: 13 /15

Your description is compelling. The breakdown of their names is different and emphasizes the importance of names that your imply throughout the work. It also creates a bit of characterization for each of those named. It’s a little strange that you re-name Luhan and Kris as Nelson and Veikey but I am going to assume that plays into the plot.

I have a bit of a problem with your foreword. The way it’s written is confusing. I had to re-read it twice to understand what you intended. I’ll address these problems in the grammar section.

 

 

 

 Characterization: 8 /10

Since it’s only two chapters in, it’s difficult to develop Annerain and Aennrain’s characters. Because their names are similar, it makes even harder for me to tell them apart. You should emphasize their differences more.

 

 

 

Grammar and Spelling: 20 /30

You did mention that you’re not a native English speaker. For the most part, your command of the English language is great. You generally have problems with verb tense useand other grammatical and structural problems that are expected from a non-native speaker. I’ll list a examples of each and corrections will be given in brackets:

 

Verb Tense:

You have a tendency to confuse past and present tense.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter