KangnimBread

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

STORY INFORMATION
 

Title: Duality


Author: KangminBread


Main character(s): Kangin, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Yesung


Status: Oneshot, Completed


Description/Summary: Youngwoon hated the fact that he could see ghosts. All he wanted was to be a normal guy. But how could he do it when his

best friend was a high ranked medium? How he could do it when a powerful shikigami was a permanent presence in his life? How he could do it when his powers were needed to save the one he loved?

 

Reviewed By: ParkKira


Date finished: 9 July 2015

 

Title:


At first, I’m not that sure about why the title is Duality, but then, as the further I read this story, the concept actually comes to mind. The title really fits the story well and actually simplifies what the whole story is about.
 

Appearance:

 

I really love how the background of this story matches well with the story’s genre since it is so mysterious and this is a supernatural themed story. It really gives out a vibe that attracts readers, mostly the supernatural fans, to read this story and I personally adore it since I’m a hardcore supernatural fan myself.

The poster however is quite simple. Although it looks amazing but, because you already used it for your background, it somehow looks quite simple and the colour contrasts are quite weird(Sungmin’s hand is blue). I suggest that you put like a simple quote on the poster so that you can ‘wow’ the readers even more because I would love to have read a quote about something mysterious , but, this is just a suggestion. All in all, I think you’ve done a good job.

Foreword/Description:
 

The foreword is a sneak peek of the story’s flow, so, it really gives a hint on what is going to happen in the story and it makes potential readers have the urge to read the story. However, I had a hard time trying to understand what a Shikigami is since I’m not a huge fan of japanese stuff, so, you might want to put the exact meaning of the word so that the readers wouldn’t find it hard to understand the meaning of it.
 

Moving on, you listed the minor characters of the story and I think this is brilliant because it shows that the major characters are Sungmin and Kangin. By doing that, you eliminated the odds of people thinking who is the real major character in the story.
 

Characterization.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter