EeteuksAngel

Cosmos Reviews Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

STORY INFORMATION.

 

Title: You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)

Author: EeteuksAngel

Main characters: Jang Jaehwa (OC), All Super Junior members (except Han Geng and Kibum).

Status: Chaptered, completed.

Genre: Comedy and Melodrama.

Description/Summary: Jang Jaehwa is an American-Korean tomboy who returns to Korea after being away for eight years. She is reunited with her old 'hyungs', whom she hasn't seen since just after their debut into the music industry. Seeing them again living their dreams, causes Jaehwa to long for the dream she gave up eight years. She decides to fulfill her dream and get back into the entertainment industry. She is met with obstacles that she must overcome and finds love in the end.

Reviewed by: simplymia

Date finished: 10 March 2015.

 

 

STORY REVIEW.

 

Title.

The title gives a clear indicator on what the story is about. However, it isn’t really necessary that it said ‘a Super Junior love-story’ in the title, as this is explained in the tags and description. The title is a little bit unoriginal though, and it might not be the most eye-catching or interesting if one is scrolling through a list of similar fics.

 

 

Appearance (graphic/poster).

The poster is in light colours, blending in with the white background. This makes it easy to look at, as it’s not so many distractions in it. The poster itself however, isn’t the best quality and is unclear. The two pictures used fits to the story, but it’s visible that one person has been put into the picture as the lighting is different.

 

 

Foreword/Description.

Everything is put in the description, while the foreword is saved for the excerpt. Forewords are commonly known as where the info and/or trigger warnings are, some of the information might be put there along with the Author’s note, and exchanged for the excerpt.

 

 

Characterization.

You’ve written in 2nd person, and therefore relying more on the reader to figure out how the main character is. It says very little about the OC, and there isn’t much of an indicator on how to separate the different personalities of the other characters. You use Super Junior’s real names and stage-names in between each other, making it harder for a reader who isn’t necessarily a Super Junior-fan to follow, as they suddenly have to keep track of twice the names including the other characters. You made the OC very perfect from the start: gentle with many friends, being exceptional in dancing, rapping, acting and singing even without training. This makes her seem a little bit unreal. She’s also very independent, but easily gives in. This drives much of the story.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter