TaengSic - Dinner with the Jungs

TaeNySic Scenarios
taengshika09 asked: The 7 other members of SNSD were getting tired seeing the two oldest ignore each other, so they came up to a plan whereas they'd go to Jessica's house (like, their family's house; with her mum and dad) and since the Jungs didn't know about the 'fight', theu still beliece Taeyeon and Jessica were bffs. How would Taeyeon and Jessica act in front of them?
 


I’ll be honest, I struggled with this one. :P

~

"Hey guys! I’m back!" Taeyeon called out as she walked through the door.

Everyone soon began to bombard her, “Did you get what I wanted?”

"Give me! Give me!"

"Unnie, are you sure you got the organic one? That one’s healthier."

"I need my snacks. Please tell me you got everything on the list.”

Taeyeon let out a laugh as she began to distribute the things she bought for them at the grocery store, “Yeah, yeah. I got it. Just let me pass this out.”

With each item she gave, a smile accompanied it with some teasing banter. However once she reached Jessica’s item, she silently placed it in front of the stoic girl and moved on. Hyoyeon glanced over to Tiffany, who glanced over to Sooyoung, who let out a rather disappointed sigh as Jessica retreated to her room.

It was no secret the two had a fight but no one knew the origins of it. It happened so suddenly that it shocked everyone to see the once close friends no longer speaking with one another.

Things couldn’t continue like this.

They had to come up with a plan.

~

"Invite us over to your house."

"What?"

"Invite us over to your house for dinner."

The soshi girls were currently in f(x)’s living room talking to a perplex looking Krystal who sat between her members who were just as confused.

"You want me…to invite all of you…to my house? For dinner?"

Seohyun gently grabbed Krystal’s hand in her own as she nodded eagerly, “We want to help Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie.”

Amber blinked and slowly moved Krystal’s hand out of Seohyun’s grasp, “How is inviting them to Princess’ house going to help them?”

"We’re tired of seeing them ignore each other," Sunny explained.

"And since your parents don’t know about them ignoring each other…this would force them to act civilly with each other," Yoona threw her arms behind her back as she elaborated.

"Ohhh."

"So will you invite us?"

Krystal gave it some thought before nodding in agreement, “Okay. I’ll tell my parents you guys are coming over tomorrow night. You’re gonna be able to get the two to come?”

"It should be a breeze," Tiffany said.

"If I have to I’ll drag them there myself," Yuri flexed her arms.

"So we have a plan?"

Krystal smiled, “Mm. Tomorrow. My place.”

"Do you have any more of those chocolate eclairs?" Sooyoung came out of the kitchen with a chocolate covered face.

"My eclairs!"

"Yah! Sooyoung!" Sunny smacked the shikshin.

"I baked those for my members," Krystal said pitifully.

Amber’s eyes grew wide before turning to the hungry shikshin that ate all of her girlfriend’s home made eclairs, “My Princess’ eclairs! Yah!”

"I think we should leave."

~

"Where exactly are we going?" Taeyeon asked as she put on her shoes.

The rest of the girls had rushed out the door, saying something about someone’s parents excited to have them over. Taeyeon figured they were going to Sooyoung’s house and her umma would feed them. She cooked deliciously and Taeyeon could feel herself salivating at the thought.

However, she was in for a surprise when the van pulled up in front of an awfully familiar house. A house that she often visited in her pre-debut days. They were having dinner with the Jungs.

~

Taeyeon apparently wasn’t the only one surprised, Jessica had a shocked look on her face when she opened the door. Before Taeyeon could even think of backing out, Yuri had shoved her through the doorway and greeted the Jungs with a huge smile. A glare was sent in Krystal’s way who was too busy feigning innocence but clinging to her girlfriend, Amber.

They were greeted warmly before they took their seats. Taeyeon was left standing their awkwardly when the seats were quickly filled. There were only two seats left, one by Krystal and one by…Jessica. The shorty made a move to go around and sit next to Krystal until she felt a hard pat on her back.

"Taeyeon-ah! I haven’t seen you in so long. You must be busy because you don’t come over as often as you used to. And what are you doing trying to sit in Amber’s seat?" Mr. Jung let out a hearty laugh.

Mrs. Jung smiled along with her husband and began to usher Taeyeon to her seat, “You know your spot’s always by Jessica. Go ahead. Have a seat right by her. I made lots of food for everyone and just for Taeyeon-ah, my eldest daughter’s best friend, I made sure to have ice cream for dessert.”

Taeyeon awkwardly sat down next to Jessica who tensed up, “Er, why thank you Mrs. Jung for the thoughtfulness. And thank you Mr. Jung for having us.”

"Mrs. Jung? Mr. Jung? What’s wrong with you Taeyeon-ah? You know you’re to call us Mama Jung and Papa Jung. And you even forgot your usual seat by Sooyeon-ah. That’s weird," the man scrutinized the pair.

Jessica chanced a glance to Taeyeon who had to stop her face from cringing. She had one of two options. One, pretend for a bit until the night was over. Or two, tell them that they weren’t exactly on speaking terms. But then that would be very rude and being rude to someone who invited you to their house is a big no no. There was also the fact that Taeyeon didn’t want to explain herself to the family.

"Sorry Papa Jung," Taeyeon gave an awkward smile.

Mrs. Jung interrupted, “We forgive you. Now come on everyone, let’s eat!”

~

The dinner was awkward at first. Taeyeon and Jessica could barely look at each other let alone have any physical contact. As the night progressed, the two former best friends found themselves getting more and more comfortable with each other. Just like old times.

Taeyeon found herself walking beside Jessica on the way back from a small errand Mama Jung gave them. It seemed they had run out of ice cream and it was suggested that the two BFFs go get it together. The rustle of the plastic bag was the only thing that could be heard as they walked back.

"This…this is nice," Taeyeon whispered.

Jessica looked over to her former best friend with a shy smile, “It is.”

A pale hand came up to scratch her cheek sheepishly, “Sooyeon-ah.”

Jessica blinked at the use of her Korean name, “Ne?”

"Tonight was pretty…nice."

"Yeah, yeah it was."

"I kind of miss it."

"Miss what?"

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and stared at Jessica with a sincere look on her face, “Us. Being like this.”

Their fight seemed so insignificant now at that statement. Neither could even recall why they were fighting in the first place. Pride had set in and neither one would even approach one another. A cold hand slipped into a pale one.

"I missed you too, Taengoo."

~

I’m sorry. I sort of was falling asleep in the last half so if there are way more grammar and spelling errors than normal…sorry. :P