TaengSic/KryBer - Cheering Up

TaeNySic Scenarios
Anonymous asked: taeyeon cheers jessica up =)
~


Taeyeon stared at the distant girl across the dining table. They were promoting overseas and were currently in Japan. The festive feeling had settled in with the surprise snow outside and the lovely Christmas decoration around the restaurant. There was the lively chatter of the patrons around and everyone had big smiles plastered on their faces. All but one.

Jessica was zoning out and staring far off into space, a sure sign that something was on her mind. From the looks of it, even though they were all together as a group, Jessica feeling down. People on the outside would just guess her look was her normal ice princess look but Taeyeon knew differently.

Her shoulders were slightly slumped and she would release a soft sigh every few minutes. The other girl’s eyes focused on a distant object but there was a certain look of sadness to it. Even though she was across the round table, Taeyeon could guarantee that Jessica’s hands were gripping the sides of her chair, alternately squeezing and slacking her hands.

With the loud ruckus around them, Taeyeon excused herself for a moment. Jessica was a bit like her in the fact that she didn’t like to bother others about her own feelings. Especially when she was feeling down. Taeyeon was just glad she could read Jessica, one of her very close friends, and she was determined to change that fake smile to a pure and genuine one.

She lifted her cellphone to her ear and spoke once the other line picked up, “Yes, hello? I would like to purchase a ticket.”

~

SNSD was promoting in Japan and would be here for a couple of months. The forlorn look on Jessica’s face appeared every so often and Taeyeon would notice it every time. She glanced over to the clock, then the time on her cellphone, and then the time on her wrist watch. It had to be perfect timing and Taeyeon was itching in her seat.

They were done for the day and were resting in their hotel room. All the other girls had gone to sleep but Jessica was still up, looking out the window. Taeyeon stayed up with her but didn’t say a word. She kept glancing at her cellphone in irritation before it lit up that caused a wide smile to cover her face.

"Sooyeon-ah," she called out.

Jessica slowly turned around to still see Taeyeon there, “Ne, Taengoo?”

"Let’s go out?" she asked.

Another sigh escaped the girl, “I’m not in the mood, Tae. I kind of just want to go to sleep.”

Taeyeon walked closer and nudged her slightly, “I know you’ve been sad lately. Come on, I know just the thing to cheer you up.”

Jessica glanced at the leader with a doubtful look but Taeyeon’s hopeful look caused her to relent, “Okay. Just…let me change first.”

Taeyeon nearly squealed but grinned, “I’ll be right here waiting.”

~

Jessica blinked as she sat in the car with Taeyeon. Apparently the older girl got her international license or was driving illegally. She shook her head but let out another tired sigh. They had been sitting in the car for thirty minutes now going to an unknown destination.

"Taengoo, where are we going?"

"Be patient. It’s a surprise."

Jessica pursed her lips, a bit displeased but kept quiet when Taeyeon assured her they would be there soon. Her eyes took in the road signs and read the English print, “Airport.”

"We’re going to the airport? Are we flying somewhere?"

Taeyeon grinned, “Not exactly. You’ll see.”

They drove along and Taeyeon’s cellphone rang. She pressed the button on her bluetooth, “Hello?”

"Mmhmm. Okay. Yeah, we’re here now. In the black Toyota. It’s no problem. Mmhmm. You know how I’ll do anything for her. She just needs a little cheering up. Oh! I think I see you!"

Jessica listened to the one-sided conversation and furrowed her brows. Taeyeon’s idea of cheering her up was picking someone up from the airport? She shook her head but looked up to see a tall figure bundled up in heavy winter clothing.

Taeyeon pulled up to the side and Jessica was surprised to see a face she missed this holiday season, “Soojung?”

The older Jung opened the door hastily and enveloped her beloved sister in a tight hug. She could feel the beginnings of tears threaten to escape her eyes. Home sickness had all of a sudden hit her a few days ago and the holiday festivities reminded her of her family that she dearly missed.

"Unnie!" Krystal smiled brightly. "Omo, Unnie, don’t cry."

Jessica just laughed between her tears, “I’m just so happy you’re here.”

Krystal wrapped her arms tightly around her, “You can thank Taeyeon-unnie for that. She booked my flight.”

Jessica turned to the sheepish looking driver who was rubbing the back of her head. She looked at Taeyeon with a questioning look on her face. Taeyeon smiled gently, “You were…pretty down the past few days so I figured you needed some cheering up. Who better than Soojung?”

The ginger climbed back into the car and hugged Taeyeon tightly over the console, “Thank you.”

A blush covered Taeyeon’s features after the hug, “Anything for you. But I’m afraid Soojung’s only here for a couple of days.”

Jessica shook her head with a smile, “I’m just happy to see her.”

She went back to Krystal and enveloped her in another tight hug before she pulled back, “Wait. Did you fly here by yourself? Where are your bags.”

Krystal laughed, “Taeyeon-unnie wouldn’t let me fly by myself for safety reasons. She let me bring a friend and she has my bags.”

The older Jung looked up to see a certain tomboy buried in luggage and bags not far away. Amber smiled meekly at her member’s older sister, “Merry Christmas, Sica-noona.”

Jessica quizzically looked at Krystal with a teasing smile, whispering in her ear, “You brought Amber? I thought nothing was going on between the two of you.”

Krystal blushed and whispered back, “Nothing’s going on. She’s too dense to make a move.”

Jessica laughed and dragged her sister in the back of the car, “Amber, load her stuff. We’re going.”

Taeyeon smiled at the two sisters in the back. Jessica’s eyes sparkled and had a certain brightness to her features. Definitely worth buying two airplane tickets just to see that face. Jessica caught Taeyeon looking at her and she mouthed a quick thank you.

~

I feel like I add too much background to these scenarios. Are they too long? Should I shorten them? Hmmm. But yeah, hope you liked it anon! I had to insert Kryber in there. I need my Kryber. Lol.