TaengSic - Sleepyhead v. Insomniac

TaeNySic Scenarios
ozaira asked: omgitsopen. Sleepyhead Jessica who sleeps away her worries and pain falls asleep on a park bench waiting for someone. She is awoken by Taeyeon who is an insomniac constantly awake due to her thoughts (they dont know eachother). An interesting night and conversation ensues changing the lives of both girls. Good luck! ^^
 


I have to be honest because I think I did two or three scenarios before doing this one. :3 I had to think long and hard about this scenario but I’m still not satisfied with how it turned out. Hope I don’t disappoint ozaira! Your requests are always interesting to write about. :)

WARNING: It’s sort of long. >.<

~

"These are due by the end of the day. I don’t need you slacking or sleeping on the job."

A thick stack of paperwork was placed on Jessica’s desk and she looked at it forlornly. Another monotonous day with a buttload of work to do. She would have quit her job long ago but she needed the money.

Bills would never pay themselves and it seemed as if the pile she had was constantly growing. The brunette glanced at the clock to see she had a long shift to go.

Jessica began to work.

~

A belary-eyed Taeyeon massaged her temples in frustration. There was a never ending incessant noise in her head that would not shut up. The sound of a whistle alerted her that her break was over.

Maybe she could keep her thoughts silent; it worked before. She missed being able to sleep for more than twenty minutes at a time. Taking a final sip of her black coffee and throwing the styrofoam cup away, Taeyeon went back to work.

~

"The deadline is coming up."

"Jessica, I don’t think this is working out between us."

"Honey, we just need a little more money to cover your appa’s gambling debt."

"You screwed up on your accounts, Jung. Be thankful I don’t fire you. Do them again and stay after hours. Oh, and be sure to keep it off the clock."

"I need your rent for the month by the end of this week, you’re getting paid by then, right?"

"Maybe you should get a roommate to help with the rent."

"Why are you so incompetent?"

Jessica lay her head on the desk as the pressures of life seemed to crack down on her. Just a little rest, yes, that’s all she needed. The brunette would have to stay late for work anyway.

Dreaming always helped her deal with the stress of everything. There was nothing to worry about there. Only pleasantness and she would be waiting in her dreams with open arms.

~

"I think it’s sad that you never remember me."

Jessica was leaning against someone’s arm, “I never seem to remember anything when I wake up.”

"It’s okay, I don’t think the me in the real world even knows about you."

"Are you really out there?"

The shadowy figure nodded, “Yeah. I am. I’ll eventually find you.”

"What’s taking you so long?"

"Maybe nightmares. I’m not sure."

"How will I know it’s you? I mean, I don’t remember you when I wake up."

The shadowy figure chuckled, “You just will. Our lives have been entwined by the strings of fate.”

"I just will?" Jessica grew confused.

A warm hand touched her chest, pointing at her heart, “Your soul…calls out for mine. And my soul calls out for yours. We’ve shared so many lifetimes together. There’s no chance that we won’t meet in this lifetime. I’m incomplete without you.”

Jessica looked down as a hand intertwined with hers, “Do you…at least know how we’ll meet in this lifetime?”

A warm kiss landed on Jessica’s forehead, “This very park bench we’re sitting at. This is how I’ll meet you. Now you really must wake up, Sica. The real world awaits you.”

~

"Heading home?"

Taeyeon stretched her hands over her head, “Yeah. No. I don’t know. Maybe.”

"You really should, Taeyeon-ssi. Go home and get some rest. You look like you didn’t sleep a wink."

A forlorn chuckle escaped Taeyeon’s mouth, “Yeah, I think I’ll do that.”

The insomniac left for her house and shook her head in thought, I haven’t been able to properly rest since I moved closer to my work. That was when it started. Those noisy thoughts.

A voice.

Several voices.

Overlapping conversations.

There was a sense of urgency in some of the thoughts that invaded her mind. She refused to see a doctor because she didn’t want to be considered mentally unstable. Taeyeon wasn’t. She was normal. It was just insomnia.

Taeyeon-ah.

And the voice always called out her name. The shorty shook her head as she stared up at her apartment complex. It would be another long night. Another long night that she would be kept awake. Her feet led her in the opposite direction of her apartment, it would be pointless to try to catch a wink of sleep.

~

Jessica found herself sitting on a park bench. After getting off work with the sun just beginning to set, she had this sudden urge to just go to the park. It was unsettling because she felt as if she had to be at this park bench. That someone would come that way. Someone…important.

The brunette bundled herself in her jacket as she watched several people walk by. It was getting dark and she had been there for nearly three hours now. Even though it seemed downright crazy to be waiting for someone, there was something inside her telling to do so.

Her eyes slowly began to close of their own accord as she surrendered herself to dreamland once more.

~

My parents won’t be pleased.

We’ll get through it together. I’m willing to fight for you.

What’s going on?

Sir, let me explain.

Explain?! You aren’t worthy to even be seen with my daughter. You’re nothing but a peasant!

Appa please!                

Taeyeon paused in her steps as the thoughts began to grow louder. Sometimes it was pleasant conversations. Sometimes it wasn’t. This was a conversation she was able to follow, something she hadn’t been able to do for awhile.

Taeyeon-ah, when will you find me?

Taeng, you are my everything.

Taengoo~

Taeyeonnie let’s play!

Taeyeon took in a deep breath of the night air. It was about two in the morning and now her thoughts were calling for her. A sweet voice that was always filled with longing. Sometimes it was a frail voice. A child’s voice. A husky voice. But they all shared one thing in common.

Love.

It was foreign to Taeyeon but there was always a sense of love behind the person who spoke her name.

When will you find me?

I’m waiting for you.

My soul needs your soul.

Taengoo, please. You promised never to leave me. Where are you now?

Taeyeon felt like ripping her hair apart and yelling out in anger. When would the voices stop? When would her thoughts be her own?

With each step she took, the voices seemed to lose their volume. She stopped and took a step forward. The voice was still loud but it was significantly lighter. Taeyeon took another step and another. The volume lowered another two notches.

Continuing this pattern, Taeyeon took more steps until the voices were a mere whisper. There was only one loud authoritative voice that seemed to reverberate inside her mind.

Sit down.

Taeyeon looked down at the park bench to see a sleeping girl sitting on it. She looked to be freezing and about to fall over in her sleep.

SIT DOWN.

Taeyeon jumped and took a seat by the brunette. She glanced at her face that was covered in a scarf. The shorty was curious why a girl was sleeping in the middle of the night on a park bench. Very dangerous for her to be out like this. The sleeping girl’s head pitched to the left and found itself on Taeyeon’s left shoulder.

Silence.

For the first time, the voices stopped. There was no thought that wasn’t her own and Taeyeon smiled. Her eyes slowly began to close and she fell asleep with her head resting on the other girl’s head.

~

"You won’t see much of me anymore in your dreams."

"I…what?" Jessica turned in her spot on the bench.

"When you meet me, I won’t be here anymore."

"…oh."

A loud ahjumma laught escaped her company, “Oh? That’s all you can say, Sica?”

"I mean, I don’t know. Is it a good thing?"

"It’s a good thing because that means our souls have met," a warm arm settled around her shoulder before a tender kiss was placed on her cheek.

"I love you, Sica."

~

Taeyeon woke up right at dawn and found herself still on the bench with the sleeping girl. That was the first time she was able to sleep. She glanced at her watch and noticed she was able to sleep for four hours on a cold bench with a total stranger.

She turned her head to the said stranger who was freezing. Taeyeon frowned and took off her jacket and draped it over the other girl’s shoulders.

Jessica felt a warmth encase her being and she slowly blinked her eyes open. Disoriented, she looked to see a smiling girl with bloodshot eyes.

"Where am I?"

"On a park bench. Why are you here?"

"I…don’t know. I felt like I had to be here. Fearing I’d miss something.”

"You know it’s dangerous to be out late at night. Especially since you’re a lady."

"Well so are you. What are you doing here?"

Taeyeon shrugged, “I’m an insomniac. I couldn’t sleep.”

"Why not?"

"Thoughts. I haven’t been able to sleep in a long time. Well, not since last night which I have you to thank for."

"Me?"

"There’s just…something about you that’s helped my thoughts.”

"How?" Jessica furrowed her brows as there was something similar about this woman in front of her.

"I can’t explain it but it was as if you were calling out to me."

Your soul…calls out for mine. It was a faint whisper that entered Jessica’s mind.

Taeyeon looked out into the distance as she continued to speak, “As if…there was something…that ties our lives together.”

How will I know it’s you? You just will.

"As if we were soul mates?" Jessica whispered as she slipped her hand into Taeyeon’s.

Their fingers intertwined perfectly and Taeyeon looked up with a smile, “Yeah, soul mates.”

~

OTL

I’m so sorry ozaira. So many ideas were swirling in my brain and this actually wasn’t originally my plan. But when I went to write it, it turned into something sort of supernatural. I hope it was okay?