The Trafficked Ragdoll

LUST reviews >> archive > main shop accepting requests!
LUST

Review shop since 06.29.14

     1 2
 
the trafficked ragdoll
A living, breathing and talking replica of a doll. Battered, lambasted and berated under the sinfully deranged hands of the man who owns her. There's no escape because she's a chained up slave with a silver knife held at her thin throat. Deeper and deeper into hell she descends as she is constantly held between a man who crushes her and a man who ignites hope in her. Slowly, she loses things that she would rather exchange her pathetic life with.
 
 
 
REVIEWED BY: STEFANIE40

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Title (5/5)
I just love the title, it is original and caught my attention instantly. The first time I read it I wondered why that name, what was behind that title, so of course, it made me super curious. Actually is the first time that I give full score in this category, it is refreshing, you know. Besides the title sums up and gives an overview of the storyline.
 
Graphics (4/5)
I think the poster was okay, but to be honest I don’t know why Kai is in there too, he appeared like three times and it seems to be a minor character, so I just feel is not appropriate to put him on the poster. However I like the fact that the railroad tracks are present and I like the butterflies too, since this represents the freedom that the protagonist never had. Actually the poster is great, because it is very related to the storyline. The colors are perfect too, since the vibes that are transmitted with these complement perfectly with what you want to convey with your story.
 
Description and Foreword: (7/10)
I have mixed feelings with the description actually. A part of me just loves it because it is just so well written that is impossible not to love it, plus it gives an atmosphere of elegance and quality. Yet another part of me just finds it a little bit overwhelming, because is just too much information, too much to process and it is kind of difficult to read too, and a little boring to a certain extent. So yes, it was way too long for my liking, but it was a beautiful introduction at the same time…I know a little bit contradictory, isn’t it? Can you see now? I have mixed emotions about this.
 
Story Layout: (5/5)
Perfect! Like I said before I love the poser. The background represents Hana, right? Since she was just like a flower, beautiful and innocent, and the color white of it does nothing but to emphasize her innocence…just brilliant! And maybe I’m starting to find a meaning to everything, but you can’t stop me now! So I just find awesome that this white flower were surrounded by black, since it represents the evil and darkness that surround Hana’s life. Another point that I have to add, the atmosphere feels just right and in tune with the story, so I love the layout.
 
Plot: (28/30)
I’m very satisfied about this plot, really. I’ve read stories like this before, but the quality of your story is above them and that’s for sure. I don’t know why, but maybe is because of the emotions you put on the writing or the fact that Hana were such an unpredictable character, I don’t know, but it’s really good. 
 
Characterization: (9/10)
Your characters are very well-defined and I love to see evils characters in general, so I enjoyed Sehun’s crooked and evil personality. Hana…well, she is, as I said before, unpredictable for me, because at first I thought she was going to give up and just when I thought she couldn’t feel anything, she showed me emotions again. Besides just when she had her freedom she just killed herself?! Like seriously?! So yeah, she pisses me off. And Kai, I don’t know, I feel sorry for him. Oh and I love the fact that Sehun didn’t fall in love with her as every cliché story out there, so thanks for that  

Content Description (9/10)
Nothing much to say about it. I like the way you describe everything, especially the way you describe her feelings, it feels nice and refreshing, it made want to keep reading.
 
Flow: (5/5)
The flow was perfect for me, especially if we’re talking about a one-shot. The development of the story was natural and the events were not rushed or forced. It feels right and natural, so it was very pleasing to read.
 
Grammar: (9/10)
Your grammar is pretty good, as well as your writing style. I like the fact that you put so many synonyms and words that were not as well known for non-English speakers, because make the reading a lot more interesting and  mesmerizing, also it make me want to give my all my attention on what I'm reading. However in some parts you use different verbs tense, so that kind of confused me, but is wasn’t distracting, so it didn’t annoyed me. It was easy to follow and everything was just alluring.
 
Taste of the Story: (10/10)
I love it! I was trapped in the storyline from the very first word I read. It is very entertaining and I didn’t even notice when I finished it, it is a very dynamic story and the characters made everything better. Plus it is very unpredictable! I really thought she was going to try to live a simple life after all that , so her suicide was very unexpected for me. I literally like everything about this fanfic, especially the metaphors and the quality of your writing. Wow, I just noticed that this is the best review I’ve done so far, like seriously, best score so far, so congratulation. Keep the good work!! 
 


TOTAL: (92/100)

 

Thank you for requesting at LUST review shop.

63AGZKC.jpg