House of Cards

LUST reviews >> archive > main shop accepting requests!
 
 
 
 
 
LUST

Review shop since 06.29.14

 

 

 

 

 
     1 2







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

house of cards

 

Kim Nari is the sister of Suho , the heir of their family's company after their parent's murder. He ask her to seduce Luhan, their worst competitor, after they met in a masquarade. Her mission is to stole a document Luhan has and that Suho needs. What happen when she found that this document is nothing else than a document relating her parent's murder. What will happen when she founds out that all the proof to find the murderer leads to ... Suho himself. Some secrets shouldn't be told. Nari , accompagned by Luhan , Soyeon ( her best friend ) and some friends will do anything to find the real murderer ... whoever it is. 
 
 
 
reviewed by: star-lord

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Title (3/5)
It sounds cliche but I am curious to find out more about the simple title. Will it be an intriguing story? Several thoughts start to clutter in my mind and I will definitely read on.
 
Graphics (4/5)
Dark, mysterious vibes lingering around the air, perfect! The images portrayed added onto the vibes, letting the readers sink slowly and immerse themselves into the story.
 
Description and Foreword: (4.5/10)
Your description feels kind of empty to me as the unnecessary space left after each sentences really irritates me to scroll down more than usual and I feel that your description is not summarised up as you used sentences to explain instead which confuses me because it is too vague and I can’t get the taste of the story, even just by a bit.  I really love the trailer that accompanied your description due to the graphics used and how they impact on the story.
 
I totally understand the use of foreword for most people, they either write it to address their dear readers, crediting the artworks provided for them or leave a whole lot of spoilers to leave their readers in suspense. However, it kind of ticks me off when someone write the number of people that subscribing to their story, especially in bold or underlined. I feel that you are more concern about the number of subscriptions and feeling reassured when you reach the number of subscriptions you intend to have. Its really a waste of time to even count them because the feedbacks are more important than the number of subscriptions. Not everybody who subscribes to your story are willing to leave a comment so if you are really desperate for a comment, think from there. Perhaps try to change the way you write? It depends on you because you know yourself best. If you think I have misunderstood or whatsoever, feel free to approach me and we can talk further from there.
 
Story Layout: (3/5)
The gap in between each paragraph is really way too much and it is very unnecessary. A single tap on the ‘enter’ button would be much better.
 
Plot: (25/30)
In the beginning, I must say it was quite awkward to see Suho agreeing happily to their friendship because Suho hates Luhan’s guts but remain composed when Nari reluctantly agreed to be his ‘e’ for a set of documents. You should add some of Suho feelings into the story, not necessary to be in Nari POV. The readers want to know how Suho feels as well.

You had written Nari to be someone too gullible and gets over with her wrongdoings by kisses and hugs. Why would Nari place so much of trust in Luhan? Was it because she realized he wasn’t a bad person, as described by her brother and decided to trust him? Or after their steamy session, or had she realized something different about him that differentiates other men on earth? Explain clearly so as to give a clear idea to the readers. Little disturbed by the passionate kisses that turns into soon after at every paragraph. Please tone down a bit even though it may feel a little too overwhelming to some people. Though I must say for the epilogue, it was sweet to read that Luhan had helped Nari to build back up her house of cards and it became stronger than ever due to the love that they share :)

Characterization: (6.5/10)
Nari’s character wasn’t well described and I had to guess through her emotions and feelings to find out what kind of person was she, who she felt insecure with and how she manages to skim through troubles etc. Luhan, I could somehow tell he was a pure person and he was truly in love in Nari. As for the minor characters, it would best for them to give them some love and describe them as accurately as possible (even though I’m sure personalities will never stay the same, at least for most people) Please do take note that when a man is flirting with Nari or whosoever, please write in man instead of boy because about a boy trying to seduce Nari doesn’t seem quite right as the boy might be underage or doesn’t seem mature enough. Also, when addressing an older person, we usually address them by Ms/Mrs or Mr. ‘Madame’ is more appropriate for royals, especially for the queen. 


Content Description (4.5/10)
There isn’t much content to grasp the reader’s attention and the story seems to be dull and boring to them. Try to strengthen your vocabulary bank so as to be able to add in more powerful words to boost your story.
 

Flow: (3/5)
I think you have dragged the story a little too much. Its good to scrutinize the story so as to give the exact detail of the scene or whatsoever. However, you have taken it a little too far and give some unnecessary details. You could have combined similar/often repeated sentences together so as to go straight to the point and not beat around the bush.

Grammar: (5/10)

Grammar wise is very haywire because you are using mixed past and present tense all over the story. Reading the sentence alone deemed weird because of the wrong grammar and tenses used. 
EDIT ; I see that you are currently working with your editor for tense and grammar errors however, I will stick to my first impression on the story till you fully correct the tenses.
I have to add this on even though this falls under sentence structures. Please, don’t write like this >> You had a blackout. I carried you here for you to rest. 
Isn’t it very annoying. To read words written. Like this? You can always join the short sentences into one full sentence. For example >> You had a blackout thus I carried you up here to rest. Use conjunctions to help you complete sentences. It would surely look much better and it won’t be a pain to read full stops at every few words. 
 
Taste of the Story: (7.5/10)
Not quite my cup of tea even though there were many ups and downs throughout the story that may bring the reader closer to the story. Personally, I don’t really enjoy dark genres but I do think that you may have made an impact on changing me to like dark genres a little better :)
 



TOTAL: (66/100)


 

Thank you for requesting at LUST review shop.

63AGZKC.jpg