Chapter 85 - Feelings Arise

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Hoku sat silently on the balcony of Jiyong’s room, wrapped in the comforter of his bed, just staring out to the lake in front of the house. There had been so many things running through her head since last night, that she was surprised that she had even fell asleep. Sighing once more she heard the door to the room open before the sound of something running in her direction. Thinking it was Jiyong she hesitantly wiped the tears that had suddenly fallen before looking over just to be welcomed by soft light brown fur. He jumped, placing his front legs on her lap before beginning to her face. She chuckled in surprise before reaching over to play with his wrinkles.

“GAHO!” She chuckled hugging him before Jiyong whistled signaling for him to get off of her lap. She smiled as Gaho sat at her feet just staring at her.

“It’s so good to see you again.” Hoku chirped reaching down and petting his fur again while Jiyong placed the tray of breakfast onto the glass table. Gaho whined rubbing her leg with the side of his head.

“Aigoo, did you miss me that much?” she asked amused as he barked once causing her to smile.

“I’m sorry Gaho, I took your friend away from you, didn’t I?” Hoku asked sad as he her knee.

“She’ll be here soon, and then you guys can hang out all you want.” She added.

 

Jiyong stood back and watched closely to the interaction between Hoku and Gaho. It was a very sweet interaction. Taking a seat on one of the free seats in front of the table he began to cut the French toast, yes, American breakfast that Omma had prepared.

“Jiyongie, you don’t have to do that.” Hoku’s voice whined from across the table causing Jiyong to look up.

“It’s alright, I don’t mind.” He answered smiling gently at her before she went back to playing with Gaho.

“How’s Jolie doing?” Jiyong asked as Hoku smiled down to Gaho.

“The last time I saw her, she was almost this size, she’s growing quickly.” She explained as she nodded.

“Will Gaho be moving to the house with us now?” Hoku asked interested as Jiyong looked up

“You want him to live with us?” He asked shocked as she nodded.

“Why not? My mom is going to bring Jolie up when she comes to visit in a few weeks.” Hoku added causing him to smile.

“That’s fine with me.” He answered as she nodded. Jiyong slid her plate across the table to her before calling to Gaho.

“Gaho, food.” Jiyong called leading the dog to the corner of the balcony where his food dish was sitting. Once his dish was full he walked back to the table and sat down, looking over to see Hoku pushing the small pieces of fish to the side of the plate.

“Is something wrong?” He asked as she looked up quickly.

“What? “She asked confused as he pointed to the untouched fish on the side with his knife.

“Oh! The doctor said to limit my intake of fish while I’m pregnant.” Hoku explained as his eyes lit up in interest.

“Is there anything else you’re not supposed to eat?” He asked worried as she leaned back, resting her hands on her stomach in thought.

“Deli Meat, Raw Meat, Raw shellfish, I think that’s about it.” She explained as Jiyong took a mental note.

 

They ate their breakfast in silence before Hoku finally put her fork down and sighed, drinking the rest of her orange juice.

“So what do you want to do today?” He asked over seeing that she was finished.

“Hm? Whatever you want to do.” She answered as he put his hand to his chin in thought.

“Oh! You want to go for a swim?” He asked pointing over his shoulder to the lake as she looked out.

“Umm.” She said hesitantly, a bit self-conscious.

“No one’s here if that’s what you’re worried about.” Jiyong reassured as she looked over to his comforting eyes.

“Alright.” She gave in causing him to smile.

 

Jiyong gave her some time to change as he waited in the hallway outside her room.

Hoku stared at herself in the mirror after slipping her bikini on. She hadn’t been out in the open with such a outfit since she’s been pregnant. She was a bit hesitant to walk out the door knowing Jiyong was waiting for her on the other side.

“Aish.” She grumbled annoyed.

“What the heck is wrong with me?” She snapped silently patting the sides of her temples annoyed.

“I’m never this shy.” She hissed staring at herself.

“That’s the man you love out there. It’ll all be fine.” She reassured sighing one last time before nodding. Grabbing the slip over outfit she had, she slipped her feet into a pair of slippers, and then added a sunhat, finally stepping out of the bathroom into her room.

 

Knock-Knock

 

“Y-Yes!” She shouted stuttering a bit in shock.

“Are you alright?” Jiyong asked back causing her to blush.

“Y-Yah! Hold on!” She shouted back, sighing loudly before sitting on the edge of the bed facing the door.

“Why am I blushing?” She whispered patting her cheeks annoyed. Why was she blushing? And at a time like this?