Chapter 24 - She's Gone

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

“Hoku-ah!” A voice called out as Hoku finally left YG’s office. She turned from the elevator to see the 2NE1 girls running over.

“Oh, what’s up?” Hoku asked confused as Dara dug in her bag before pulling out an envelope.

“What is it?” Hoku asked hesitantly taking the offered envelope.

“Tyra-unnie asked us to give it to you the next time we saw you.” Minzy mentioned as Hoku’s eye shot open.

“Where is she?” She asked as Bom shook her head.

“No, she gave us that when we ran into her at the hotel lobby back in Jeju.” Bom answered as Hoku nodded, now stepping into the open elevator with them. Hoku pulled her bag further up her shoulder before pulling the folded note out of the envelope, finally reading it.

 

 

Hoku,

I don’t know when you will receive this letter, if the 2NE1 girls ever see you after the wedding, but if you do, there is something I need to tell you about. I’m leaving. Leaving for good. I know I’ve done something unforgiveable to someone who least expected it, and said some unforgivable things to you. I don’t expect you to forgive me for saying what I said, but please let me at least say I’m sorry. I know that you are going through a rough time in your life and it was no way right for me to say those things to you. If anything, I should be thanking you for giving me all the opportunities I was able to experience in Korea. The amazing person I was able to meet and fall in love with while I was there. I’ll be running the club from the states with Eden’s help as soon as her honeymoon is finished. I’m sorry but please do me a favor and tell Top oppa that I’m sorry for what I did, I didn’t mean to hurt him and what I did was despicable. I’m such a horrible person. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine, I’m home so everything’s all good. Let him know I’m fine, and that it’s alright for him to move on. It’s only right for him to be happy. Thank you Hoku for everything, I have the same number so whenever you are back in the states, give me a call.

 

Love you,

Tyra

 

“Oh god.” Hoku gasped finally reading the last piece of the letter, getting the girls attention.

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” CL asked worried as Hoku crumpled the letter in her hand before looking up, tears on the brim.

“Tyra……she’s gone.” Hoku whispered as they gasped ripping the letter out of her hand to read it themselves.

“I need to find oppa, where are they?!” Hoku asked frantic pressing the stop button the elevator, stumbling as it jerked to a halt.

“Rehearsal room.” Bom said surprised as Hoku quickly pressed the floor number, grabbing the letter back as the door opened. She knew Jiyong was going to be there but this was important. She marched down the hallway towards the bass pounding through the walls, practically kicking open the door scaring everyone inside.

“Omo, noona?” Seungri asked confused as Hoku’s eyes darted around the room, momentarily landing on GD’s before finding Top. She ran over, grabbing his hand before dragging him out of the room. She pulled him across the hallway into the empty room before shutting the door.

“Hoku-ah, what’s going on?” He asked confused as she pulled out the letter and pressed it to his chest.

“Oppa, Tyra’s gone.” Hoku said biting her lip as his eyes shot open, ripping the letter out of her hands before reading.

“When did you get this?” He asked in monotone keeping his eyes glued to the sheet of paper in his hand, tears slowly falling.

“2NE1 just gave it to me, she gave it to them at the hotel in Jeju.” Hoku explained as he plopped down on the chair behind him, arms resting across his knees, sniffling. He didn't whether to feel hurt or happy that she left, she was still someone he cared about, but after everything she had done, he didn't know if he could take this news seriously to heart.
“Geez.” He sighed, putting one hand through his tousled hair.

“What do you want to do oppa?” Hoku asked sitting across the room watching him mumble to himself.

“I honestly don’t know what to do.” He mentioned causing her to sigh.

“I’m only here for two weeks, I’ll help you with anything you need.” She reassured causing him to smile and look over to her.

“Actually there is something I would like to talk to you about.’ He mentioned striking her curiosity.

“What is that?” She asked as he sighed.

“There’s this girl.” He mentioned nervously causing her eyes to shoot open. She didn’t blame him for wanting to move on, it was the easiest way to deal with a broken heart, she knew through personal experience.

“We’re not dating or anything, but I’ve been talking to her for a few weeks now.” He explained as Hoku nodded, listening intently.

“Who is she?” Hoku asked as he looked up blushing.

“A co-star.” He whispered causing her to chuckle as TOP’s vulnerable state.

“A from your movie?” She asked as he hung his head and nodded.

“Oppa, don’t feel bad about it. Believe me, I know how it feels to want to move on after a heartbreak.” Hoku explained walking over before taking a seat next to him.

“What’s her name?” Hoku asked smiling, patting TOP’s knee to let him know it was alright. TOP explained everything to Hoku as she sat there listening as promised.

“Ah, she sounds like a sweetheart.” Hoku chirped as TOP nodded.

“She is, I think that’s why I’m attracted to her.” TOP admitted embarrassed as she chuckled.

“So she’s foreign too?” She asked as he nodded.

“She’s been living here for a few years already, but yes, she’s foreign.” He explained causing her to smile.

“Well you need to introduce her before I go home, I really want to meet this woman.” Hoku teased causing him to chuckle.

“Will do, but what are we going to do about Tyra?” He asked in a whisper while Hoku looked off.

“Oppa, do you want to break it off with Tyra?” Hoku asked as TOP froze, unsure as how to answer that question.

“I just don’t think it’s good for us to be together anymore.” He mentioned causing her to nod.

“Well then I think you should let everyone know, I’m pretty sure the reason why Tyra left was because she knew you two breaking up was inevitable.” Hoku explained as he sighed and nodded.

“She’s my friend, but even I know how it feels to be betrayed and heartbroken.” Hoku explained looking down to her hands now sad.

“Hoku-ah, you should talk with Jiyong at least once while your back.” Top offered as Hoku quickly stood.

“I can’t.” She mentioned as he stood up behind her.

“He’s having a really rough time without you.” He added causing her to walk towards the door.

“If you need anyone to talk to, I have the same number.” TOP added causing Hoku to chuckle and turn to him.

“Thanks oppa.” Hoku answered smiling while he nodded.

“Also, Jiyong’s heading to Malaysia tonight for the Golden Disk Awards, watch it.” He urged as she nodded hesitantly before making her leave.