Chapter 46 - Fat Kid in a Candy Store

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

 

Hoku’s POV…

Breakfast was soon served, and I guess being pregnant made me extra hungry. They unstrapped me for the first time as I immediately grabbed at me sore wrists, comforting them.

“Are you alright?” A voice asked as I looked over to see the man still sitting next to me. I just smiled calmly and nodded as he sent me a warm smile from his seat. It was weird, the man next to me, even though I don’t remember him, he didn’t seem to care, he never left. I had to admit, it was a great feeling to know that someone would always be by my side. The nurse placed the breakfast onto the mobile table before rolling it carefully over. GD, I think that’s what his name was, helped me sit up, adjusting the height of the bed so it would be easier for me to eat. I thanked him before picking up the chopsticks. It was still early in the morning, my family went back to their hotel last night along with the girls and guys, GD was the only one who stayed with me, it was comforting. I stared at the chopsticks in my hand confused.
“They’re chopsticks.” He mentioned as I looked over smiling.

“I….know.” I answered awkwardly putting them in my fingers. My raspy voice really hurt when I spoke so I tried to keep speaking down to a minimum. The doctor mentioned that it would be a few days before I got my voice back thanks to the breathing tube they had forced down.

“Do…Do I know…how to use…them?” I asked still in my raspy voice causing him to chuckle.

“You’re a pro at it, if anything you used to criticize the way I hold them.” He answered as I looked at him surprised. He chuckled at my expression before standing.

“You need help?” He asked embarrassed as a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach hitched up with my blushing cheeks. I just nodded holding my hand out so he could place the metal chopsticks in my fingers comfortably. His scent enveloped my nose as I stared at his complexion. Not a scar or blemish in sight, then to his jawline that was perfectly sculpted, his lips that were pink and plump, his eyes that still sent that same warm feeling down to my toes. It was strange, this man had claimed he was the father of my child, if it was true, this child would come out beyond beautiful. He shut my fingers over the chopsticks before looking up to make eye contact with me. With the close proximity, I gasped embarrassed before quickly pulling away.

“There you go.” He answered as I hesitantly looked over to see him slightly smirking as he took his seat. I silently ate the breakfast in front of me, looking up to the blank television.

“You want me to turn it on?” His voice rang as I smiled over to him before nodding. He quickly stood up, walking over to grab the control before turning it on. Immediately what was on caught my eye. He was about to change it before I grabbed the hem of his shirt.

“Don’t.” I whispered as he stared at me hesitantly before nodding and taking a seat.

It was some kind of music show and from the looks of it, GD and those other guys were guests on it. Breakfast was quickly forgotten as I got into the show. The show soon finished as I turned my attention to him, he was already looking at me.

“You….sing?” I asked as he nodded.

“I’m actually a rapper.” He added as I nodded in understanding. He naturally began to tell me stories about Big Bang, the group he was in. He even showed me a few photos on his phone.

 

 

 

Author’s POV…

It had been a few days since she had woken up and still she didn’t remembering anything. Sometimes, during the night, it seemed that her dreams would show her flashes of things, things she thought as memories she had lost. Tonight was no different. She gasped, sitting up quickly in her sleep as she looked around the room panicked. That dream was the worst one so far. She whimpering biting her lip and looking down to her hands before GD noticed her expression.

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s ok.” He reassured walking over before patting her back comfortably. This was as far as he would let himself go, it was taking everything in him to not pull her into his arms, but he didn’t want to scare her any more than she already was. Hoku just stared at her hands shaking her lap before the tears began to fall.

“It’s not alright.” She whispered, thank god her voice was back to normal. He just sighed, taking a seat on the edge of her bed before nodding.

“What was it about this time?” He asked calmly as she sniffled looking to the door that was slightly cracked open.

“My dad.” She whispered in tears as his eyes shot open and over to her.

“Ben?” He asked as she sniffled looking back to her laugh, shaking her head.

“My real dad.” She pointed out as he gasped.

“You remembered?” He asked surprised before she nodded.

“He died when I was little right?” She asked looking up to him panicked as he sighed and nodded.

“You told me he passed away when you were 10.” He answered as she sighed and looked down to her hands again.

“He taught me how to play the piano.” She mentioned as he nodded in agreement.

“It’s alright, everything will be alright.” Jiyong mentioned standing back up to tuck her in only to have her hand stop him. He looked down shocked to see her hand in his before looking up to her fearful eyes.

“Can you……” She started looking away embarrassed.

“Yes, what is it?” He asked eagerly as she bit her lip.

“Lay with me.” She whispered under his breath as his heartbeat quickened.

“Are you sure?” He asked hesitantly as she nodded, pulling herself over to one side of the large bed.

“I don’t want to have the same nightmare again.” She whispered in tears, not having to tell him twice before he climbed into the bed next to her. The moment she felt his warmth next to her, the child in her stomach leaped causing her to gasp.
“What is it? Are you alright?” He asked panicked from next to her as she sat up and looked down to her stomach.

“It moved.’ She whispered as he chuckled and nodded.
“It’s been doing that a lot lately.” He mentioned as she nodded lying back snuggling into the pillow while Jiyong did the same.

“Do we know what it is?” She asked in a whisper as Jiyong looked over to see her eyes shut. He just smiled, turning on his side to face her.

“I think it’s too soon to know.” He answered as she yawned before nodding. Finally her breathing calm and the only sound that filled the room was her light snores. Jiyong was like a fat kid in a candy store, she was growing more and more comfortable with him, he couldn’t ask for anything more.