Chapter 68 - Priorities

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

 

“Oppa, can I talk to you?” A voice interrupted Jiyong from currently cleaning his space in the recording studio. He looked up to see Lee Hi waiting patiently for him in front of the table. He just nodded from under his glasses before going back to cleaning.

“I’ll see you tomorrow bro.” Teddy suddenly said as Jiyong stood up to shake hands with him.

“Tell ‘Hoku-ah’ I said Hi.” Teddy emphasized Hoku’s name, giving a side glance to Lee Hi who was sitting comfortably on the couch. Jiyong rolled his eyes before slipping his coat on and turning to the younger woman.

“So what did you need?” Jiyong asked pushing his sunglasses up watching as she turned to him interested.

“Oh….ummm.” She started standing up from the couch slowly before making her way towards him.

“How’s Hoku-ssi doing?” She quickly interjected as he blinked in confusion from behind his glasses before clearing his throat.

“Um, she’s fine. Is there something else you needed, if not, I need to get home.” He explained as she looked up to him smiling while his back connected with the wall. Bad move there. His placed his hands palm down on the wall while watching her nervously step closer.

“Oppa.” She whispered batting her eyelashes at him causing him to bite his tongue.

“Hm?” He answered unsure as what to do.

“Why do you like her?” She asked pouting her lips as he blinked looking around the room then back to her.

“Why does it matter why I like her?” He asked slightly on edge.

“I just wanted to know.” She answered intertwining her fingers behind her back before stepping even closer to him.

“Whatever you are planning on doing, I’m forewarning you, falling for me is against the rules.” Jiyong spat causing her to chuckle before stepping back.

“Well sorry to burst your bubble oppa, but it’s a little late for that.” She whispered amused, picking up her bags before bowing and leaving the room. Jiyong stood there frozen in his spot as he suddenly let go of the breath he was holding in.

“What the hell was that?” A voice startled Jiyong causing him to momentarily jump against the wall in shock. He looked up from his fallen glasses to see TOP standing in the still open doorway staring at him.

“Geez, Hyung, you scared the out of me.” Jiyong hissed holding his chest before bending over to pick up his fallen sunglasses. Top sighed, stepping into the room before shutting the door and locking it behind him.

“Hyung? Why are you locking the door?” Jiyong asked pointing to it as Top sighed.

“What happened with Lee Hi-ssi?” Top asked bluntly causing Jiyong’s eyes to shoot open.

“What are you talking about? She was recording in here.” Jiyong quickly dodged the unanswered question as he walked over to his bag.

“Ji, I saw everything.” Top said as Jiyong froze midway of pulling bag over his shoulder.

“What happened?” Top asked carefully as Jiyong sighed, pulling a hand through his hair annoyed.

“I don’t know hyung.” Jiyong whispered before plopping down on the couch.

“Are you two……….you know.” Top whispered as Jiyong quickly looked up before shaking his head.

“No, no, no, no, but I think she wants to.” Jiyong interjected as Top sighed in relief before sitting in front of his friend.

“So what happened?” Top asked as Jiyong rested his elbows on his knees.

“She cornered me, asking about Hoku-ah, then I forewarned her about liking me, she told me it was too late and left.” Jiyong explained causing Top’s eyes to shoot open.

“Geez, what is wrong with girls nowadays?” Top muttered before turning to his friend.

“Jiyong, whatever you do, don’t fall into her traps.” Top warned as Jiyong scoffed.

“Hyung, I’m not that stupid.” Jiyong whispered outraged causing Top to snort.

“Yah, we’ve seen where your choices have gotten you.” Top mumbled causing Jiyong to growl and look up to the older man.

“Whatever you do, Hoku is the main priority, alright?” Top pressured as Jiyong shot out of the couch.

“Hyung, I’m not going to hurt her again, not with the way her health is. Don’t worry about it.” Jiyong hissed annoyed before walking out of the room. Top sighed, leaning back in his seat before turning to the open door. This was a crucial time those two relationship, they didn’t need something like a newbie thinking she was all that getting in between the two.