Chapter 109 - Reunion

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

 

“I can’t believe you didn’t call us!!” Dami and Omma Kwon shouted and scolded Jiyong the moment they got in the house door. Seeing the argument before it happened, Youngbae took the opportunity to swoop the car seat from Jiyong to avoid being tackled.

“Nice save.” Hoku teased causing Youngbae to smile proudly. Hoku and Jiyong were welcomed home by his family along with hers which surprisingly got along well with each other, aside from the language barrier. Without any warning both Dami and Omma jumped against Hoku, suffocating her with tear filled hugs.

“We’re so glad you’re ok.” Dami whispered as Hoku smiled patting their backs.

“What more do you have to go through?” Omma whined through tears as she chuckled.

“Omma, I’m ok. Thank you for worrying about me though.” Hoku admitted thankful before they ran over and hugged Jiyong. Hoku chuckled.

“I see where you get your looks from Hoku-ah, your mother is beautiful.” Omma Kwon mentioned as she laughed and turned to her confused mother.

“She said I get my beauty from you.” Hoku translated as Paula began to chuckle embarrassed, bowing her head in thanks.

“Oh she is the cutest thing I have ever seen.” Dami squealed holding Elle in her arms.

“What’s her name again?” Appa Kwon asked from his spot as he peeked over the back of the couch to the sleeping child in his daughters arms.

“Elle Hokulani Kwon.” Hoku explained as Jiyong nodded. They both saw the confusion on his parents face and decided to explain.

“Hokulani is my real name.” Hoku admitted as they gasped in shock.

“I thought it was just Hoku.” Omma Kwon pointed out before she shook her head.

“I cut it in half to make it easier on everyone to say.” She explained as they nodded. Soon enough the rest of Hoku’s family, her brothers and step father along with 2NE1 came over to welcome them home.

“OH MY GOD! JOLIE!!!” Hoku screamed as Kona brought in the large puppy who immediately ran over and began her legs. Hoku through tears leaned down and began rubbing the wrinkly dog, before kissing her nose.

“Oh I missed you so much.” Hoku whispered leaning in and hugging the dog causing everyone to chuckle.

“Oh you got so big!” Jiyong spoke amused kneeling down to pet her also.

“Gaho will be so excited to see you.” Jiyong added as the reunion continued.

“Guys, this is my brother’s fiancé Aubrey.” Hoku introduced to the guys who were all ganged up on the food her mother had cooked.

“Oh, hi.” TOP mentioned smiling his charm as Aubrey squealed before ducking behind Hoku.

“Did I say something?” TOP whispered unsure causing Hoku to chuckle and shake her head. She quickly reached behind her to pull out the crazy fangirl.

“She’s been a huge fan of you guys for about the same amount of time as I have.” Hoku admitted as they all nodded in understanding.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” Seungri introduced with his hand out as she blushed and shook it. Hoku smiled at the plan that suddenly hatched in her head.

“Anyways, I need to help Omma a bit, stay, chat.” Hoku urged pushing Aubrey towards the guys before walking off as fast as her feet could carry her. She chuckled knowing that Aubrey was probably beyond happy but more embarrassed then anything as she walked towards Omma and Appa bonding with her daughter on the couch.

“She has your eyes Hoku-ah.” Appa mentioned knowing Hoku was standing near enough to hear.

“She does?” Hoku asked unsure as Omma nodded.

“And Jiyong’s nose.” Omma added tapping it gently causing Hoku to smile before she sat down carefully.

“Hey. You ok?” Jiyong’s whisper suddenly invaded her as she looked over surprised to see that he had found his way to her side, sitting on the arm rest.

“Yah, I’m fine, just a bit tired.” Hoku admitted as Jiyong reached over and massaged her shoulder.

“Hoku-ah, I’ll be by tomorrow to help with anything. You need your rest.” Omma interrupted as Hoku’s eyes shot open.

“No, no, no need, that’s alright Omma. I’ll be fine.” Hoku quickly rejected as her mother walked over smiling.

“We’ll both be by in the morning. Motherhood is hard, and with what you had to suffer dear, you need your rest.” Paula explained to her daughter who in turned nodded in defeat to her mother’s stubbornness.

 

Finally everyone had left the couple as Hoku laid down tired on the couch while Jiyong cleaned up and few dishes.

“Where is she supposed to sleep?” Hoku suddenly asked looking down to her car seat where she had fallen asleep again. Jiyong’s eyes shot open in realization before shutting off the water and walking over.

“I have a surprise for you.” He quickly said, now excited that he had remembered the surprise he had worked so hard on.

“A surprise?” Hoku asked tilting her head to see Jiyong holding a hand down for her.

“Yes, it’s the real reason why I had you staying over at Hyung’s house.” Jiyong admitted as her eyes shot open.

“I thought you were working?” She asked suspiciously as Jiyong pulled her up carefully.

“I was working, on a project. Now come on.” He whined putting his arm around her waist before walking her down the hallway to a door that was still covered in wrapping paper.

“Why is it covered in wrapping paper?” Hoku asked tugging at the pink ribbon that was crisscrossed on the door.

“Here, let me cover your eyes.” He offered holding her around her waist with one arm from behind before using his free hand to hold over her eyes.

“Why do I need to cover my eyes?” She whined as he pushed the door opened carefully before turning on the light with a smile.

“It’s a surprise. Are you ready?” He asked as Hoku sighed and nodded, slightly annoyed.

“TA-DA!” he sang pulling his hand away from her eyes. As her eyes slowly adjusted to the light she gasped at what she saw.

 

photo baby20room20decorating20ideas_zps5513e230.jpg

 

 

 

Hoku stood there frozen about a foot from the doorway, just staring in amazement around the room that use to be Jiyong’s closet.

“You like it?” Jiyong asked hopeful as he took a step in to stand next to Hoku, staring at her expression to see the tears falling.

“Oh baby.” He chuckled reaching over and pulling her into a hug as she leaned her cheek on his shoulder to continue looking around the room.

“How, when did you do this?” She asked in disbelief before he pulled away from the hug, looking to his handy work.

“The guys came over and helped also, well, all except Hyung, but he was part of the plan to keep you away from here.” Jiyong mentioned as she smiled looking to the beautiful room.

“So?” He asked hopeful, noticing that he had left something in the crib, he reached over while she wasn’t looking and grabbed it, hiding it in his pocket.

“I LOVE IT!”