Chapter 101 - Seeing through New Eyes

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Hoku’s POV…

I had seen my father, I had been in limbo as most called it, it had been the best vision of my life. Some people when they die, they see their life flash before their eyes, but not me, I saw my father, someone who meant the world to me growing up. Someone I had missed dearly had been by my side all this time. He said he was proud of me, proud of all the failures I went through but proud of my accomplishments.

 

Now I was somewhere, floating again. Peacefully lying somewhere soft.

 

I took a deep breath, finally being able to feel my limbs only to in a breath of strange tasting air. I coughed suddenly, causing a slight pain down north. I reached up to my mouth to cover my cough only to feel something blocking the way.

 

“Baby! Baby! Can you hear me?!” A familiar voice called causing me to groan and stretch a bit. Why was my body so heavy? It was strange.

“Baby? Can you hear me?!” His voice rang into my ears sending a jolt of electricity down to my heart.

“Hoku-ssi! This is Dr. Byung-Hoon, can you hear us?” A voice belonging to the doctor I had seen early echoed through my mind. I was finding it hard to open my eyes, just as I had remembered when I woke up from my coma the first time. My eyes were heavy, my limbs were heavy. I groaned feeling a small burning sensation from somewhere on the bottom half of my body. A burning sensation to a burning pain, at least it was bearable.

Finally I could see a dim light pushing through my lids.

“Sweetie! It’s mom, can you hear us?” My mother’s voice begged from the opposite side of the bed, shocking me. When did she get here?

 

Forcefully, I pulled my eyes open, squinting immediately when the bright lights above me shone down on me. I could see figures standing above me, blurry figures moving around before I felt something warm in my hand while another pair held my cheeks.

“Baby, can you hear me?” A voice begged as I blinked a few more times, slowly, slowly, collecting my vision back to see Jiyong, the first person I wanted to see, staring at me with overly happy eyes, teary eyes smiling at me. I blinked a few times, looking at him again as he caressed my cheeks. It was like seeing through a new pair of eyes. Everything seemed more and more like a miracle, more of a blessing the more I remembered everything I had to go through to be at this point.

“Hi.” He whispered causing me to smile through the oxygen mask.

“Hi.” I whispered unsure if my voice was even still there. He chuckled in disbelief, letting the tears fall before he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

“I’m so happy you’re ok.” He whispered in relief leaning his forehead down at me. I smiled up at him before he pulled away gesturing with his head to the other side of the bed. I hesitantly turned my head to see my mother, Ben, and my brothers all smiling at me.

“Mom.” I whispered happy as she smiled, crying like a mother would before she dived into my chest hugging me.

“Oh my baby.” She whined loudly as I smiled, accepting the group hug from the rest of my brothers and Aubrey.

“Hoku-ssi, I’m Dr. Byung-Hoon.” A voice interrupted the reunion as I looked over to see an elder man, the same elder man I had seen when I first woke up early. I just nodded in acknowledgement.

“How are you feeling?” He asked as Jiyong reached over and held my hand comfortingly.

“Tired, sore.” I whispered as he nodded taking a seat before pulling out his clipboard.

“You’ll be a bit sore and tired for a few days due to the C-section we had to do.” He explained as I nodded.

“Do you know what happened?” he asked as I shook my head, still unable to put the pieces together.

“Due to blood loss, we had lost you on the operating table for 3 minutes.” He explained as my eyes shot open and over to Jiyong who just nodded through tears with my mother standing behind him, doing the same.

“But by some miracle, when we were about to pull the plug, you came back to us.” He added as I smiled and nodded turning to my family.

“It was dad.” I whispered as their watery eyes shot open.

“Dad?” Kawika asked confused as I nodded.

“He came for me, he was waiting for me outside Heaven.” I answered as my mother held a hand over to hide her whimpers.

“He gave me a choice, I could either follow him or come back.” I added as Jiyong smiled, kissing my hand.

“TOP-ssi brought you in a few days ago, the placenta had disconnected itself from the child, result in your pain and the over loss of blood.” He explained as my eyes shot open before frantically looking around.

“Where’s my baby?!” I panicked as Jiyong squeezed my hand, I looked over to his eyes to see comfort shining back at me.

“They’ll bring the baby in an hour. It was time for their daily checkups.” He explained as I sighed in relief before nodding. The doctor in the end, pulled the oxygen mask off of my face before allowing me to adjust the height of the bed so I could sit up and see everyone else that I had not noticed earlier.

“Noona!” Seungri whined running across the room and into my arms. I just chuckled opening my other arm so that Daesung who hug me from that side. It was a great feeling having a second chance to see all these amazing people I was so fortunate to have in life.

“Baby?”  Jiyong’s voice shook me from my conversation with Seungri as I looked over to see him holding, the new reason for my second breath at life. I smiled, sitting up a bit more, finally able to touch and hold my reason for living. I pulled the blanket hiding the precious face from my view only causing me to break out in tears. What a miracle.