Chapter 138 - His Wish

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Once the fiasco with Lee Hi had finished, Hoku bowed her head to YG before quickly leaving the room to see TOP and Crystal standing in the hallway.

“Omo.” Hoku whispered surprised as she held a hand to her chest.

“Is everything alright Hoku-ah?” TOP asked worried as Hoku fixed her dress before simply nodding.

“Everything is a-okay.” She exaggerated before walking past them down the hallway.

“Ba-by.” Jiyong called out before stopping as he saw TOP and Crystal standing in the hallway, now blocking his way.

 

Hoku sighed a breath of fresh air once she hit the club, letting the beat of the music sway her. Lucky enough a bartender was making his rounds, she quickly grabbed a random glass on the tray before downing it without a second thought. She sighed in relief, feeling the incredible burning feeling swell up in . She placed the empty shot glass on the closest table before pushing through to get to her friends table.

“Oh! Noona!” Seungri announced being the first to notice her walking over. She plopped on the edge before scooting over, closer and closer to Youngbae’s side, nuzzling up into his shoulder.

“Hoku-ah, are you alright?” Youngbae asked worried as she sighed loudly, shutting her eyes.

“Why is there always someone out to ruin us?” She asked over the music as everyone looked on confused.

“Did Lee Hi start something again?” Selena asked annoyed as everyone watching in interest.

“I just want to straggle her till she’s black and blue.” She blew a stray hair out of her face before sitting up.

“Good thing is, she’s fired.” Hoku chuckled, picking up a glass closest to her before sipping it.

“Wait? What?!” Teddy shouted surprised as she chuckled again.

“YG came with me, she spilled the beans before she knew he was there. So YG is terminated her contract.” Hoku explained slushing the drink in her hand amused.

“Oh thank god!” Teddy threw his hands in the air in relief by the news.

“Where’s Jiyong?” Daesung asked over as Hoku laid her head back before shrugging.

“Somewhere.” She whispered looking up at the lights above the booth.

“Hoku-ah.” Youngbae called as she looked up interested.

“Hm?” She answered as he smiled.

“The girls told us you wrote that song.” Youngbae pointed out as Hoku blushed before nodding.

“Teddy Oppa and Lydia unnie helped me.” She mentioned as the guys smiled in amazement.

“That was a really good song.” Daesung chirped as Hoku smiled.

“I was surprised you actually sung in front of so many people.” Selena added as Hoku sighed.

“Believe me, I never wanted to do this but it was the only thing I could.” Hoku added looking around the crowd to all those associated with Jiyong.

“It’s great to see so many people that care about Jiyong, thanks oppa.” Hoku thanked Youngbae who smiled.

“You knew?!” Jiyong’s voice suddenly shouted as the entire group looked over to see Jiyong now standing at the foot of the table.

“Of course I knew.” Youngbae added arrogantly.

“I needed help finding and contacting your friends, I didn’t know them neither did YG.” Hoku added, grabbing another drink to down.

“Baby.” Jiyong called as Hoku looked up to him through her long bangs.

“Dance with me.” He offered, holding a hand out for her to take. She stared at it hesitantly before looking up to his apologetic eyes.

“Go noona.” Seungri whispered as she looked over to see him nudging with his eyes to go. She sighed, looking up to Jiyong again before putting her hand in his. He smiled his familiar smile before pulling her out of her seat and to the dance floor. He spun her once before pulling her to his chest, startling her.

“I’m sorry baby.” He whispered resting his forehead onto hers as they just stood there, listening to the beat.

“I only followed her to tell her off.” Jiyong admitted as Hoku shut her eyes before sighing.

“I can’t be mad at you, I know her ways.” Hoku added sighing loudly before Jiyong pulled her into a hug.
“Thank you baby, for tonight.” He whispered kissing her neck as she smiled.

“I’m so glad you like it.” She added as he laughed before pulling away.

“Why wouldn’t I like it? All my friends and colleagues under one roof, with no fans or press here to bother us, it’s perfect.” He praised causing her to smile.

“Happy Birthday baby.” She whispered as he smiled, holding her cheeks carefully before pulling her in for a kiss.

 

The night continued as Hoku was introduced to all of Jiyong’s friends, before finally it was time for the cake. Hoku slyly snuck away from Jiyong before finding the girls. Selena and the others had ordered a cake for Jiyong as their gift.

“It’s time for the cake.” Hoku whispered quickly into her mic as she maneuvered through the crowds of people still crowding the dance floor.

“Hoku-ah!” A voice shouted getting her attention as she looked over to see Youngbae waving from the kitchen door. She made it through the piles before pushing open the door to the kitchen before halting.

“Wow.” She whispered when she saw the cake the girls had gotten. It was a 5 tier birthday cake, covered colorfully, while small little mementos littered the cake from all of GD’s songs. A bitten apple made of fondant, the flower buttons that littered Jiyong’s jacket in Breathe, butterflies for Butterfly, Crayon’s for Crayon, a few mementos from That XX like small size paintings and sculptures, lastly all of his album jackets scattered and completely made out of fondant. It looked incredible.

“We went to the most amazing baker in town.” Eden announced as Hoku continued to just stare at the cake in amazement.

“It cost us an arm and a leg, but it came out perfect.” Selena added sighing in relief.

“It looks….amazing.” Hoku whispered smiling up to her friends.

“We really hope Jiyong likes it.” Steph mentioned as Hoku nodded eagerly.

“If I like it, I’m sure he will.” Hoku announced walking closer to get a better look.

“Ji will love it for sure.” Youngbae reassured the girls before Hoku walked around hugging the girls.

“Thanks girls.” Hoku thanked each and every one of them before pulling a surprised Youngbae into a hug.

Omo.” He spoke surprised before accepting the hug.
“Why do I get a hug?” He asked chuckling as she smiled pulling away from him.

“Just for being Youngbae, Jiyong’s best friend. Thanks Oppa.” Hoku patted his shoulder as he smiled.

“Of course.” Youngbae added kindly.

“Cake time?” Teddy asked suddenly from the door before his eyes shot open.
“WOAH!” He shouted surprised running over to the cake in surprise.

“The girls did it.” Hoku admitted as teddy blinked a few more times before swallowing finally.

“It’s incredible.” Teddy whispered tilting his head to see around the cake some more.

“So wait for my cue, I have a small surprise for Jiyong first then, I’ll announce the cake, could you guys wheel it to backstage?” Hoku mentioned as the group nodded, carefully rolling it out the backdoor down the hallway towards the back of the stage.

“Ready?” Teddy asked being one of the few that knew her added surprise. Jiyong had always wanted to hear Hoku play and sing particular song, sung by an American singer nonetheless, so she planned to surprise him with it, explaining the lone piano sitting on the stage.

“I’ll play, then announce.” Hoku mentioned walking with Teddy to the side of the stage, keeping a close eye on Jiyong.

“Omo, he saw us?!” Teddy spoke as Hoku’s eyes shot open in panic before looking over to see Jiyong making his way down the stairs to the dance floor.
“Hurry, I’ll stall him.” Teddy gave her a gentle push before turning towards the direction Jiyong was headed in. Hoku swallowed heavily as she made it to the stage area. As rehearsed, she shut the lights off from the sound board before cutting the music. Everyone gasped while a few yelped in surprise. Hoku quickly made her way to the stage, carefully sitting on the piano bench before sighing as she pulled her personal mic down.

“Now.” She whispered finally as a single spotlight shone down on her sending her nerves overboard. She looked out to the quiet and dark club before seeing Teddy Oppa push Jiyong front and center for her to see. She smiled gently at his confused expression before turning to the keys.

 

 

 

 

Flashback~

 

“Since I know you can play now, will you ever play for me again?” Jiyong asked as Hoku laid out on the bed next to him, her head lying across his abdomen while she stared up at the ceiling, his fingers gently brushing through her hair that sprawled out over his mid-section. She chuckled at his comment before tilting her head to look at him.

“You want me to play the piano for you?” She asked amused as he nodded, with a pout.

“Of course, I only heard you play that one time at the beach house and then our date.” He added offended as she rolled her eyes at his childish act.

“I’ll consider it.” She answered turning her attention back to the fan above them.

“Any requests?” She asked amused as his eyes shot open in surprise before looking down.

“Requests?” He asked confused as she nodded before turning slightly to lie on her side, staring directly at him.

“You kind of just walked in on me messing around, so is there a song you want me to do?” She asked as he smiled, brushing her bangs out of her face before looking away in thought.

“Hm? That’s a hard question. I would love for you to do one of my songs, that would be amazing.” He muttered causing her to smirk as she listened in to his conversation with himself.

“You’ll learn a song for me?” He asked looking down to her with wide eyes. She chuckled, using her pointer finger to draw small designs on his shirt covered chest.

“I may already know it. You forget, I’ve been playing the piano for a long time.” She teased causing him to smile.

“You’ll sing too?” He asked hopeful causing her to snort.

“No.” She answered sternly as his bottom lip slowly s out into a pout.

“Please.” He used all the aegyo possible on her. She broke out laughing as his attempt as he watched, slightly hurt by her reaction.

“What the hell was that?!” She shouted through her laughter, now holding her stomach.

“How rude! My fans think my aegyo is adorable.” He muttered annoyed as she chuckled, reaching up to pat his cheek.

“Well sorry baby, it doesn’t work on me. You’ll have to try harder, even Riri’s aegyo is kawaii!!” She cheered teasingly causing Jiyong’s nostrils to flare in jealousy.

“Well then maybe you should go and date him!” He shouted as Hoku sighed, turning to rest her chin on his mid-section.

“I’ll sing for you~” She sang as his eyes shot open, his pout disappeared.

“You will?” He asked hopeful as she sighed before nodding.

“If you’re going to be all pissy about it, then fine, I’ll do it.” She whispered causing his smile to grow to his ears.

“Then I chose, Beyonce’s Halo.” He immediately answered as her eyes shot open.

“Would be you to choose a song I’ve never done because it was too damn hard.” She whispered as he smiled proudly.

 

End Of Flashback~

 

That may have been months ago, but she still wanted to fulfill that wish of his.