Chapter 84 - Long Night

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

“What’s going on with you?” Jiyong whispered as he looked down to the woman that was basically glued to his side in bed. She had scared the crap out of him when she ran into the room earlier, he was about to yell at whoever it was until he saw the tears on her face. Hoku refused to tell Jiyong what had happened, so he left it alone and comforted her before she fell asleep in his arms, gripping onto his arms. Sighing loudly, he reached over and pulled the comforter up to her shoulder, watching as she slightly moved closer into his chest. He couldn’t help but smile, even though he didn’t know the reason behind why the woman was hear in his room, he couldn’t be more thankful for the fact that she was here at all. All the things he had done to hurt her in the past, shattered the woman he loved. He was such an for doing every single one of them when someone as amazing as her was his for the taking. She had never done anything to upset him, but he did everything to hurt her.

Curling up into the comforter, finally facing her as her grip on him loosened enough for him to get comfortable. His hands found their way down to her stomach where her shirt had ridden up during the night.

“I can’t wait to see you little one?” He whispered smiling down through the dimly lit room. Jiyong was so excited to be a father.

 

Hoku slightly tossed in her sleep, groaning when she felt an overly warm sensation spread across her face. Stretching slightly she yawned before peeking out of her swollen eyes only to squint from the sun being let in through the now open sliding door ahead of her. Blinking, allowing her eyes to adjust to the light, she finally was able to see and feel the sun slowly creeping through the white curtains that blew in the wind.

“Morning.” A voice interrupted her amusement as she rolled onto her back, looking over to see a fully dressed and prepared Jiyong walking out of his bathroom. Squinting a bit more due to her swollen eyes she smiled gently at him.

“Morning.” She whispered pushing herself up with the help of her arms that were planted firmly behind her.

“How are you feeling this morning?” He asked putting a towel through his hair as if he had just stepped out of the shower.

“Tired, sore.” She answered pulling her fingers through a knot she had found in her hair.

“You want me to bring breakfast up?” He asked wrapping the towel over his shoulders. She sighed, looking to the window, watching the curtains dance in the wind while the memories of her nightmare last night crept on her again.

“Yes, please.” She answered unable to looking at him. He watched her intently seeing the worried expression drawing her face, her knit eyebrows as if she was in deep thought, the protective touch she had on her stomach. Tossing his towel to hang on the back of one of the chairs, he walked over, putting a hand on her cheek before kissing her forehead. Still she had not moved, she wasn’t fazed.

“I’ll be right back, rest.” He urged as she finally turned to him, gently sending him a smile.

“Arasso oppa.” She answered gently sending his heart on a marathon. He shuffled out of the room, shutting the door quietly before sighing loudly in despair. How was he supposed to help her when she wouldn’t open up to him? He didn’t want to push it or pull it out of her, but it looked like it was slowly eating her away from the inside out, and it hurt to watch.

“That’s some sigh.” A voice startled him as he his heels to see Dami walking up the opposite staircase

“Oh, morning noona.” He sighed ignoring her presence to head downstairs.

“What’s going on? Did you guys get in the fight last night?” She asked nosey chasing after him down the stairs. He just rolled his eyes, ignoring her.

“Morning Omma.” Jiyong announced seeing him mother standing behind the stove.

“Ah Jiyongie, morning.” She said smiling, looking around for something before her eyes connected to his.

“Where’s Hoku-ah? Still asleep?” she asked as Jiyong took a seat at the island before nodding.

“She had a long night.” He answered taking the offered cup of coffee to sip it’s greatness.

“Long night? Something happen?” Dami teased, wriggling her eyebrows as Jiyong blushed.

“Noona! She can’t do that while she’s pregnant!” He shouted embarrassed as the two women chuckled.

“What’s going on Jiyongie?” Omma asked never looking back to him.

“Not sure, she came into my room in the middle of night in hysterics.” He mentioned in monotone.

“Hysterics? Is she alright?” Dami was now worried standing off the stool.

“She’s exhausted, so I told her I would bring breakfast up to her while she rested.” He explained stopping his sister from bursting into the room.

“Did she tell you what happened?” Dami then asked before Jiyong shook his head in defeat.

“I want to help her, but I don’t want to force it out of her.” He admitted rubbing the tattoo on his forearm.

“That’s a great start Jiyongie, just give her the space she needs but be there for her if she needs to talk. That’s all you can really do.” Omma explained while Jiyong nodded in understanding.

“It’s hard being an unmarried woman expecting in our day and age, she just needs your support and love, especially with her due date growing closer and closer. It’ll be more stress on her.” Omma placed the tray with two plates and two glasses of orange juice on it.

“Jiyongie, like I said the first time you brought her to us, that’s a great woman you have there, love her the way she needs to be loved, be there for her when she needs you, support her like you do your music. She is your responsibility now, and so is your child.” Omma spoke seriously hugging his son before allowing him to deliver the breakfast.