Chapter 44 - Never

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

 

Everyone was beyond shocked when they heard what she said. The doctors panicked unable to answer the question being thrown at them by the family and friends. Jiyong, well, he couldn’t stand anymore, he basically crumbled back down to his spot on the ground looking around like a lost child. The tears fell from his eyes but he didn’t make a sound, he held his chest looking up to Hoku’s confused eyes as she blinked down at him. He begged in his mind.

“Don’t look at me like that. Don’t look at me like you have no clue who I am. Don’t look at me with those beautiful brown eyes.” He begged over and over in his mind as Youngbae and Seungri helped him off the floor and to the couch. They had to deal with Jiyong practically having an out of body experience but the moment Hoku saw the bulge in her stomach she began freaking out. Her brothers ran over to keep her down so she wouldn’t hurt herself while the doctors injected her with something that would knock her out. Once she was calm and falling asleep everyone sighed in relief. The doctor then explained to the family that something like this could be expected. The girls cried, the guys sat around Jiyong just comforting him while YG translated to the family what was going on.

“Will her memory of us coming back?” Paula asked through tears as YG translated to the doctor. He just sighed, looking at Hoku.

“There is a slim chance that it may not, but if you urge her memories back by showing her things that involve you all, it may help to trigger them.” He explained as Paula hugged Ben in tears while her sons comforted her.

“What about the baby?” Selena asked over as the doctor sighed.

“To make sure she doesn’t hurt it, we may need to strap her to the bed for now till we have a chance to explain to her what’s going on. She’ll be out for a while so I suggest bringing back anything that may trigger her memories.” The doctor offered as the nurses began strapping her arms and good leg down to the bed. Jiyong bit his lip, biting back the whimpers threatening to fall as he watched them do that.

“We should go and get the news clips, photos and video vlogs she did while she was here.” Daesung mentioned over to Stephanie who nodded and stood up.

“I have a few things that should help too.’ Selena mentioned standing as Seungri stood alongside her. Hoku’s family escorted Paula out of the room for some fresh air while Selena, Seungri, Daesung and Steph went back to their apartments to grab the needed things. Youngbae and TOP kept their spots next to Jiyong who just sat there quietly staring at his hands in his lap.

“How could something like this happen?” Jiyong finally spoke as YG sat up in his chair.

“Ji, some things happen in life, there’s nothing we can do about it except make it right.” Youngbae explained as Jiyong sighed looking up to the woman lying on the bed.

“She doesn’t remember me, nor her family. How is that even right?” He spat annoyed scratching the sides of his head.

“The doctor said that something dramatic that happened before the accident could have triggered the memory lost. Her body and mind is trying to heal her itself.” YG explained as Jiyong kept his eyes to his lap.

“Ji, it’s not right, even though she doesn’t remember anything, we all need to be here for her.” Top mentioned rubbing his back.

“She’ll come around. She loves you Jiyong.” Eden spoke as Jiyong looked up to her.

“Before Michael came, she finally had admit to us that she loved you, she still loved you, enough that it was driving her insane.” Eden explained in tears as she stared at her broken friend.

“She wanted to gain the courage to tell you about the baby, but she didn’t want you to feel obligated to take care of it with your work.” Eden added finally turning to him as he looked at her surprised.

“She was worried that with your work escalating that you wouldn’t have time or you wouldn’t want to keep the child with her. That’s why she hid it.” Eden whispered as Jiyong grabbed at his hair furious.

“She wanted to tell you Jiyong, she really did. She was just afraid too.” Eden urged as Youngbae held his arm around his friend.

“Jiyong.” YG called as he hesitantly looked up to his boss through blood shot eyes.

“I understand the pains you’ll have to go through to be a father in your line of work. But I can tell you, it’s worth the pain and effort.” YG informed as Jiyong looked down to his hands.

“Ji, you always said you wanted to have a kid, well look, its right there.” Youngbae added teasingly pointing over to Hoku’s bulge that was noticeable through the sheets. Jiyong stared at it before letting go of a little smile.

“My mom and sister are going to be excited.” He whispered causing everyone to chuckle.

“We need to work on getting her memory back before we celebrate.’ Eden interrupted before Jiyong sighed.

“What if she doesn’t get it back?” He whispered worried as TOP patted his back.
“You made her fall for you once, I’m sure you can do it again.” He offered causing Jiyong to chuckle at the thought. They were interrupted by a slight beep causing them to look over at a machine.

“What was that?” Eden asked standing as the guys stood and walked over.

“What machine was it?” YG asked as they pointed to the one monitoring the baby. It beeped again as they looked over to the paper flowing out of the machine.

“What is that?” Jiyong asked as YG walked over before remembering what it was thanks to his own kids.

“The baby’s movements and heart rate.” He explained as their eyes shot open.

“You’re saying it’s moving?” Youngbae asked as YG nodded.

“Probably.” He answered as Jiyong stood next to the bed just staring down at her stomach.

“Go ahead. She won’t feel anything.” YG urged as Jiyong hesitantly put a hand up before gently putting it on her stomach. He waited and waited, nervously looking from the bulge to her peaceful face. His eyes shot open with the small movement under his hand along with the beep that went with it.

“Omo.” Jiyong said surprised with a smile quickly retracting his hand causing the guys to laugh. Jiyong up the courage to lie his head on her stomach, listening to every movement inside.

“Come on guys, let’s give him some time.’ YG offered as the guys and Eden nodded, walking out, leaving Jiyong alone with Hoku. Resting his ear on her stomach, he carefully caressed the bottom half of it with his free hand while staring up at her face.

“I don’t care if you don’t remember me.” He started reaching over to caress her still warm cheek.

“Even if I have to make you fall for me again, I will.” He added smiling as he trailed his thumb across her bottom lip.

“I won’t ever let you go now. Never. I’ll make you mine again.” He whispered proudly before smiling when he felt a kick to his cheek. He pulled away looking down to her stomach.

“And I’ll never leave you too.” He whispered kissing her stomach gently before smiling.