Chapter 157 - Running Man Pt. 1

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

 

The girls finished the VIP bags, setting them up in one of the free rooms that they weren’t using in the house, to keep them out of sight from the cast in the morning.

“Have you been working out to get ready for tomorrow Hoku-ah?” Youngbae teased, knowing that with it being Running Man, lots and lots of running would be involved in it. She sighed, standing up before nodding.

“I’ve been training off and on with Hwangssabu so I should be fine.” Hoku explained shutting the door behind her before following the others down the hall. She was a bit surprised to see that Jiyong had finally emerged from the room, at the dining room table digging into the food there.

“Um, well, we’re just going to leave.” Eden quickly interrupted grabbing Youngbae’s hand. Hoku looked over confused.

“What? Why? You guys can stay.” Hoku pointed out as Selena shook her head.

“No, I’m tired, plus you two have a long day tomorrow. I’ll be back early to grab Elle.” Selena rejected causing Hoku to sigh and nod in agreement.

“Alright, well drive home safely.” Hoku called out watching her friends walk down the pathway to the gate.

Shutting the door, she slowly walked back in to see Jiyong still eating, but now scrolling away on his I Pad.

“So the producers will be here in less than an hour.” Hoku explained walking over to sit across from him, only getting a nod from him. She wasn’t sure how much more of this silent treatment she could take especially all in one day.

“Jiyong, did I do something wrong? Is that why you’re avoiding me?” Hoku asked quietly, stirring Jiyong’s heart as he looked up sadly.

“No baby, don’t say that. It’s nothing to do with you, it’s just one of those days.” He begged over causing her to blink in hesitation.

“Baby.” He whined seeing the sadness cross her face. There was no way he could tell her the real reason, only thing he could do was try to change her father’s mind, in the meantime, making sure that she didn’t notice anything. He quickly walked over to her side, pulling her out of her seat and into his arms.

“Baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you worried, I just have a lot on my mind.” Jiyong quickly explained hoping that she would believe him. Hoku wrapped her arms around his waist before burying her face into his semi-bare shoulder showing through his wife beater.

“Anything I can help with?” She asked caringly causing him to smile, kissing the side of her head gratefully.

“No baby, it’s nothing major, it’s a good thing I came home early so I could spend time with you and Elle.” Jiyong did a full reversal on his attitude pulling her away to kiss her forehead.

“Don’t worry about it alright. Tomorrow is going to be exciting so just think about that. I know how much you’ve been waiting for this day.” Jiyong teased causing her to snort at his comment.

“Alright, alright, finish eating so we can clean up before they come.” Hoku scolded sitting across from him to also eat.

 

Jiyong and Hoku quickly cleaned up the mess that was left from dinner, organized the living room before finally taking those items down in eye sight that wouldn’t give their names away. Finally there was ring of the doorbell.

“Oh, that might be them.” Hoku called running out of the bedroom from putting Elle back down to sleep. She adjusting her clothes as Jiyong followed her to the front door, pulling it open before smiling.

“Ah Jiyong-ssi, Hoku-ssi, so nice to finally meet you. I’m the Head of production at Running Man, Kim Gae So.” The older man introduced as the couple shook his hand before allowing the few crew he had with him.

“This is the living room. We took everything down.” Hoku explained gesturing to the spacious living room as Gae So looked around nodding.

“This is a beautiful home you both have here.” He praised as Hoku gestured for them to sit.

“So as I mentioned before, the cast has no idea that you both are the guests for the show.” He explained as a woman and another man took a seat next to him, Jiyong and Hoku sat across from him nodding.

“I don’t want to directly tell you both what type of missions you’ll be working on tomorrow, but I will tell you that it’ll have tons of running.” He joked causing the pair to chuckle.

“Perfect.” Hoku smiled causing Jiyong to shake his head in disbelief.

“Running man is Hoku’s favorite show.” Jiyong explained as the man’s eyes shot open from behind his reading glasses.

“Really?” He asked surprised as Hoku blushed before nodding.

“Really.” She answered as he smiled.

“Well then we’ll make sure that everyone has a ton of fun this weekend.” He explained clapping his hands as Hoku nodded.

 

He finally went on to explain to them what would be happening with tomorrow’s entry.

“Actually these couches would be perfect, would it be alright to move them so that they are facing this way?” He asked as they walked around the living room trying to figure out what was the best way to execute it.

“Oh yeah, sure, if that’s what you think will work.” Hoku offered as he nodded, helping the guys that followed to move the couches so that they were sitting side by side, their backs facing the large wall of windows leading to the backyard.

“We’ll set up the camera’s here.” He mentioned pointing to the tile covered area that was a step up from the living room carpet floor, facing the couches.

“So how do you want us to enter then?” Jiyong asked interested as Gae So turned to them in thought.

“Hoku-ssi, do you have any suggestions? Since you’ve obviously seen our show many times, is there any way you would like to come in?” Gae So asked as her eyes lit up.

“I can choose?” She asked pointing to herself surprised causing both men to chuckle.

“I don’t see why not.” Gae So mentioned as Hoku smiled.

“Well to be honest, out of all the Running Man entrances I saw, the one that I liked the most was when the guest hid as part of the production crew.” Hoku explained causing Gae So’s eyes to shoot open.

“Omo, we haven’t done that sort of opening in a while.” He mumbled as Hoku nodded.

“I think for both myself and Jiyong, it would be fun to dress up.” Hoku added looking to Jiyong who just simply nodded.

“That sounds perfect, we can have Hoku-ssi as part of the writers, since most of the time they are covered from head to toe, and Jiyong-ssi could handle a camera.” He explained as the pair nodded in excitement.

 

And finally, that’s how planning went for our long weekend with Running Man. Until tomorrow, I think I’m too excited to go to sleep tonight.

 

Hoku’s POV…

The next morning, I had awoken like the walking dead. Thanks to all the excitement for what I knew was coming, I didn’t sleep a wink, even when Selena showed up at 4 am to grab Elle, I didn’t move, I was so exhausted but wide awake.

“Geez, look at your face.” Selena teased as I snorted, whacking her with the closest thing I could reach, poor television controller.

“I didn’t sleep at all last night.” I sighed, continuing to pack Elle’s bag with necessities.

“Elle keep you up?” Selena asked as she followed me out of my room and towards the kitchen, maneuvering through some of the camera equipment that was already set up from last night.

“Oh I wish that was the reason. I was too excited about today.” I explained causing her to snort as I pulled out the 2 gallon size bags full of individual filled milk packages that I had been working on conserving for this very weekend.

“Are you sure you’ll be alright with her this weekend?” I asked over hesitantly shoving the bags into her diaper bag.

“I told you already, I’ll be fine, plus Seungri is always bugging me to babysit her so he can spoil her senseless.” Selena explained causing me to smile.

“Well thanks for doing this. Didn’t think we’d be invited on the show when they are filming all weekend.” Hoku explained scratching the back of her neck sheepishly.

“It’s fine, if anything I can call the others to help too.” Selena offered grabbing the bag from my hands as I followed her to the entrance just as Jiyong walked out of our bedroom with Elle already strapped into her car seat.

“Oh wait, let me tell her bye.” I ran over to Jiyong, smiling down at Elle who was wide awake in her seat.

“Morning baby.” I whispered pulling on the straps to make sure that Jiyong had connected it correctly.

“You be good for your aunt and the others.” I scolded, smiling when she reached out to hold my finger.

“Appa and Omma will miss you.” I whispered leaning in to kiss her soft forehead.

“Alright, hurry take her before she gets stuck here.” Jiyong teased, pushing her car seat into Selena’s arms.

“Ya! You’re so mean!” I snapped pushing Jiyong as he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my shoulder to hold me to his chest.

“Thanks Selena.” I heard Jiyong thank before the door shut causing me to let go of a breath I didn’t know I was holding in.

“Alright, alright, I’m fine now.” I whined pushing away from Jiyong’s chest causing him to smile.

“Well Ji Hye and Ae cha will be here soon.” He explained mentioned the two stylists that I knew since they practically followed him everywhere.

“You want me to make you something to eat real quick?” I asked watching as he looked around the camera’s that were set up.

“Something small please. I don’t want to be known as the only idol that threw up on Running Man.” He teased causing me to break out laughing at the thought.

“Hey! I’m serious. You know what that could do to my reputation?” He mentioned back outraged as I ignored him and continued on my way into the kitchen. Small? So I settled on making some of my mother’s homemade brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal with some toast.

“Hurry and come eat before it gets cold!” I called placing his hot bowl onto the table with his toast and fruits.

“You said small right, my mom always told me Oatmeal is good for you.” I explained when I saw his surprised expression to what was sitting on the table.

“Just eat, I’m going to get ready.” I whined pushing him into his seat before walking away towards our bedroom to get dressed for the day.

 

Ding ~ Dong

 

“Who could that be so early?” I whispered to myself, quickly pulling my jean pants up before walking out of the room to see Jiyong walking towards the door already.

“Oh!” I heard Jiyong speak up surprised causing me to walk faster before stopping to see who was at the door.

“Eden?” I spoke confused to see her alone at the door, smiling. If she wasn’t smiling I would have expected her to barge in tears, but no, she was smiling.

“What are you doing here?” I asked once she stepped in with Jiyong closing the door behind her.

“I’m guessing YG didn’t mention anything to you?” She asked placing the bag she was holding down onto the ground near her feet.

“Mention what?” Jiyong asked standing next to me.

“I’m hanging out with you guys, I’ll be taking photos of the both of you for YG’s page and also the Fanclub page.” She explained as our eyes shot open.

“Wait, really?” I asked shocked as she laughed and nodded.

“You can’t be taking the photos AND be in the show right?” She pointed out as I shook my head obviously.

 

Finally Ji Hye and Ae Cha had arrived to help us dress for our parts, along with assisting us during the filming. Following them was the crew, the entire crew this time. Both myself and Jiyong just stood at the door, bowing to everyone of them as they entered our home hesitantly.

“This is so exciting.” I whispered over to Jiyong who smiled, leaning in to kiss my forehead.

“Can I take a quick picture of you guys before they get here?” Eden asked once she made it through the mass of crew members that had suddenly invaded our home.

“Hurry.” I called, wrapping both of my arms around Jiyong’s waist before smiling towards the camera.

“Jiyong-ssi! Hoku-ssi! Can we get you fitted for a mic?!” Gae So called as our ears perked up.

“Come on.” Jiyong led us further into the house and towards the living room that was set up with more camera’s and lights for the opening.

“Can you lift the back of your shirt slightly Hoku-ssi?” The sound man asked embarrassed as I nodded, turning before lifting the back as he slid the mic’s wire down my shirt before patting my shoulder. He hooked up the mic to the collar of my simple shirt and sound box to the back of my pants.

“Excuse me Hoku-ssi?” A voice called as I looked over to see a woman smiling at me with a jacket and a few other things in her hand.

“I’m Lee Soo Young, I’m one of the writers for Running Man.” She introduced bowing as I quickly bowed back.

“Gae So-ssi mentioned that you will be dressing up along with us, so I brought a few things for you.” She welcomed holding out her arms as I took what was offered. A plain grey jacket, a shirt that she explained would be wrapped around the bottom half of my face to hide, a pair of simple sunglasses, a notebook and pen, lastly a belt full of compartments for water bottles and whatnot. With everything on, I looked the part.

“Oh, look at you.” A voice teased as I looked over to see Jiyong dressed so down that I broke out laughing naturally.

“Oh my god, if you didn’t speak I wouldn’t have realized it was you under all of that.” I teased pulling on his large coat hood. He rolled his eyes before pulling down his sunglasses. Typical, that guy would still keep his makeup on. I rolled my eyes before noticing Gae So walking over to us.

“Alright, you both look perfect.” He praised smiling as I chuckled and nodded.

“So I took into account the way you want to be introduced and some of the writers came up with an idea to make it more interesting.” He explained as we nodded in understanding, listening intently.

“You both will be hiding with the crew through the entire thing, but the catch is, they need to find you within in the 5 minute of our opening. You both need to try and blend in as perfect as possible, not giving away your true persona. If they don’t when the time is up, you both win and come mission time, you will be the one picking teams.” He explained as I smiled largely.

“What if they win?” Jiyong asked as I looked over interested.

“Then the teams will be positioned in the way we have already set up ahead of time.” He explained as we nodded.

“Running Man on their way!” Someone in the living room shouted getting our attention.

“Alright, good luck to you both.” He shook our hands before slipping on his hat and walking away.

“Ready?” Jiyong asked as I sighed, feeling my excitement and nervousness reach a whole other level in those few seconds.

“I think so.” I answered as he smiled, placing his hand on my shoulder before leaning over to kiss my forehead.

“Let’s have some fun, shall we?” He teased causing me to laugh and nod.

“Don’t get caught alright?” I teased back making him roll his eyes this time.

“You don’t get caught.” He retorted walking away as I chuckled. This was going to be fun!