Chapter 16 - Bye

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Author’s POV…

“Jiyong are you sure you want to head back today?” Daesung asked once he had left Stephanie’s room, Seungri had called to let him know the day after that Jiyong had planned to check out of the hotel.

“Dae, I have some work to do on my solo, I’m heading back.” Jiyong answered busily moving around the room packing his things.

“This wouldn’t have anything to do with noona being here, would it?” Daesung asked seeing the way Jiyong’s movements slowed slightly before he went back to what he was doing.

“I have the Golden Disk Awards coming up. Then we need to start working on our performance for the Seoul Music Awards.” Jiyong added before looking over to see Daesung watching him hesitantly.

“Daesung, I’m leaving, I’m not needed here anymore.” Jiyong mentioned back keeping his eyes to his bag where his clothes were just being piled in.

 

“Are you sure you want to leave now?” Michael asked watching as Hoku began packing to check out.

“I want to get a head start on work, so might as well.” Hoku answered in monotone never looking up to meet his eyes. She didn’t understand why she suddenly had a dream like that last night. It probably had to do with the fact that she had seen him for the first time in months and it felt like her feelings were all over the place. Blame pregnancy and hormones if you must, that’s what she was blaming it on for sure. Once everything was packed she took a seat on the couch and stared at the bed. What had that dream been trying to tell her, except for the obvious? Of course the baby was his, but she couldn’t do that to him. She sighed once more, shaking her head before standing up just as Michael stepped out of the bathroom refreshed.

“You ready to go?” he asked as she nodded grabbing her purse while he grabbed their bags.

“Actually, could you meet me down in the lobby? I wanna tell the girls bye.” She asked once they stepped outside the hotel room. He turned to her hesitantly before nodding.

“Sure, you’ll be alright, right?” he asked concerned as she smiled and nodded, kissing him on his cheek before walking down the hallway to where Eden’s room was. She knew it was their honeymoon now and that she probably shouldn’t be bothering them, but she needed to tell her bye, in case she was never going to see them after this. Hesitantly standing in front of the room door, she stood there at war with herself.

“Hoku-ah?” A voice interrupted her thought causing her to look over in the hallway to see Daesung walking towards her.

“Oh Dae.” She said surprised as he walked over and hugged her quickly.

“You need to see the new couple?” He asked pointing to the door as she chuckled and nodded.

“We’re heading to Seoul today.” She mentioned as his eyes shot open in surprise.

“Seoul, not California?” He asked as she chuckled shaking her head.

“I’m also here for work on my father’s behalf.” She explained as he nodded.

“What about you? Why are you here?” She asked pointing to the door causing him to blush and clear his throat.

“Um, I was busy last night so I left early, I didn’t get to tell them congrats or anything.” He mumbled embarrassed causing her to chuckle and nod.

“Ah I see.” She said smirking over to him teasingly as he scratched his neck.

“Anyways.” He said clearing the air before knocking on the door. Not even a moment later, they could hear it unlocking before the door opened showing a half dressed Youngbae standing there. Both persons at the door blushed at the sight.

“Oh Hoku-ah, Daesung.” He mentioned with wide eyes, stepping into the hallway before shutting the door.

“Morning guys, what’s up?” he asked as Hoku nudged Daesung to go first.

“Um, I wanted to apologize about leaving early last night and not being able to celebrate all night.” Daesung said as Youngbae chuckled before patting his friends shoulder.

“No worries bro.” He reassured before looking to the woman.

“Oh, I’m actually checking out today, so I wanted to tell Eden bye before I left.” Hoku said as he nodded opening the door.

“She’s out on the balcony.” He informed letting her into the room while the two men spoke in the hallway.

 

“Why is she leaving?” Youngbae asked panicked over to Daesung the moment the door was shut.

“She’s not leaving, she’s flying to Seoul.” Daesung whispered as Youngbae’s eyes shot open.

“What?” He whispered outraged causing Daesung to nod.

“And Ji’s leaving back to Seoul today.” Daesung added as Youngbae sighed, leaning against the wall outside their door.

“Why is she going to Seoul?” Youngbae asked with his hand resting on his forehead.

“She said she’s helping with her father’s company which means she’ll be around funding things or whatever they do.” Daesung explained as Youngbae nodded looking up and down the hallway.
“What about Ji? Why is he leaving?” Youngbae asked as Daesung leaned on the opposite wall.
“He wants to go back to get ready for the Golden Disk Awards.” Daesung explained as Youngbae nodded in understanding.

“Hey Dae.” Youngbae mentioned as Daesung looked up from his house slippers he was still wearing.

“Hm?” He answered Youngbae looked up and down the hallway before looking to him.

“Did you notice anything different about Hoku-ah?” He asked as Daesung looked at him confused.

“Different how?” He asked as Youngbae leaned his head back before sighing.

“I don’t know, something’s different about her, but I can’t seem to put my finger on it.” He explained before Daesung nodded.

“Seungri said the same thing when we met her at the airport.” Daesung explained while Youngbae nodded.

“I don’t know what it is, but that guy of hers, there’s something I don’t trust about him.” Youngbae added as Daesung looked up confused.

“Why? He seems nice.” Daesung spoke as Youngbae shrugged.

“I don’t know, maybe I had too much to drink last night.” Youngbae muttered to himself massaging his forehead.

 

“Morning.” Hoku called out to the woman sitting on the balcony. She turned around before standing and smiling.

“Oh my god, what are you doing here so early?” Eden asked surprised hugging her friend before offering the next seat.

“No, I can’t stay long. I just came to tell you bye.” Hoku explained as Eden furrowed her eyes confused.

“You’re leaving back home already?” she asked hurt as Hoku sighed.

“I’m not heading back to the states just yet, I’ll be in Seoul for 2 weeks.” She mentioned as her eyes shot open.

“For what?” she asked hesitantly as Hoku looked at her confused.

“I’m working for my father so I have a few deals I need to take care of.” Hoku explained to Eden who nodded. They said their goodbyes after a while, Hoku left to see Youngbae and Daesung still in the hallway now talking in hush tones.

“Alright guys, well maybe we’ll get a chance to meet again in Seoul before I go back home.” She mentioned hugging the two men as they hesitantly nodded.

“Hoku-ah, just call of us, we still have the same numbers.” Daesung pointed out as she chuckled and nodded.

“Plus Seungri and I live in Japan now.” He mentioned as she nodded looking down to her feet.

“Well it was nice seeing you guys again.” She said smiling to each man who in turn nodded. She her heels and made her way down the hallway towards the elevator.

“Alright, I’m with you guys, something is off about her.” Daesung mentioned the moment she turned the corner causing Youngbae to nod.