Chapter 22 - Do You?

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

“So you’re escorting Lee Hi to the awards?” Seungri asked as Big Bang minus Taeyang who was still on his honeymoon lounged around in their studio.

“Not my idea, YG’s.” Jiyong retorted annoyed that he had now had to their new idol to the award show that he didn’t even feel like going to.

“Why didn’t you just say no if you didn’t want to?” Daesung asked as Jiyong sighed looking at all the eyes directed at him.

“It’s fine, it’s not like it’s a date, plus she’s new, I’m just there for moral support.” Jiyong explained as the guys nodded uncaring right now.

 

“How are you feeling about everything that’s going on?” Hoku was still sitting amongst the Aunt at the BBQ restaurant.

“I’m fine.” Hoku whispered looking down to her lap.

“Hoku-ah.” The woman spoke getting her attention as she looked up.

“Jiyong needs to know, you know that right?” She asked hesitantly as Hoku sighed looking up to the ceiling, trying to control the tears that were threatening to fall.

“It’s his child also, he would love to know.” She spoke caringly reaching out to hold Hoku’s hand as she sighed.

“I don’t know how to do it.” Hoku admitted causing her to smile and pat her hand.

“He’s in a busy time in life right now, telling him about it may jeopardize everything he’s worked so hard for.” Hoku whispered as the Aunt smiled.

“Hoku-ah, let me ask you one thing, alright?” She mentioned as Hoku hesitantly nodded.

“Alright.” She whispered as she looked down to Hoku’s hand in hers.

“Do you still love Jiyong-ah?” She asked as Hoku’s heart thumped loudly in her ears causing her breath to hitch.

“Do you dear?” She whispered this time as Hoku shut her eyes tightly, biting her lip to hold in the tears.
“The way you are reacting to all of this dear, tells me you do.” The woman answered as Hoku finally let the tear fall.

“What about the man you’re with now sweetie? What is he to you?” She asked confused as Hoku looked up with an uncertain expression.
“Do you love him as much as you love Jiyong? “She asked as Hoku looked down to her lap ashamed causing the woman to sigh.

“Hoku-ah, you need to do what is right for you and the baby, it’s not healthy for you to keep all of these pent up feelings inside.” She whined as Hoku sniffled once again.

“I don’t know what to do.” Hoku finally spoke as the woman smiled.

“Why don’t you give Jiyong-ah another chance?” She asked as Hoku quickly shook her head startling her.

“Why not?” she asked confused as Hoku looked up to the woman.

“Grandmother, I’m scared.” She whispered letting the rest of her tears fall down her cheeks.
“Of what dear?” She asked saddened by the shaking girl sitting in front of her.

“I’m scared of everything.” Hoku whispered as the grandmother stood up, moving her chair to sit next to Hoku, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

“I’m scared to be hurt again, I’m scared of his fans, I’m scared I’ll be attacked. I don’t want to go through it all again.” She whispered burying her head into the woman’s chest.

“Oh my dear, it’s ok, shhhh.” She comforted causing Hoku to cry quietly into her chest.

“Jiyong-ah, loves you, loves you more than life itself. Love you more than his music; he’s been in here every week just to pour his feelings out to me. He regrets everything that happened and most of all regrets having hurt you.” She whispered patting Hoku’s back. Hoku within minutes had to leave for her meeting at YG. She carefully walked down the sidewalk, making sure every inch of her face was hidden before she finally walked up the steps of the hotel they were staying at. Everything the Aunt had told her, everything was true, Jiyong deserved to know, but she was too afraid to tell him and then he would deny her anything. Then she had Michael, she was worried about hurting him. He had his sights set on being the father since she had welcomed him into her life, but now with everything running through her mind, she didn’t know what to do anymore. She hated everything.