Chapter 61 - Least Deserve

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

“Where the heck is she?” Daesung began pacing back and forth in front of the door, waiting for Steph to burst through it any minute now.

“She said she had to go get your coat for the performance.” Eden mentioned again as Daesung groaned, pulling his cellphone out to dial for her again. Not receiving an answer, he all but tossed his phone against the wall as the stage director came in.
“Big Bang on in 5.” He mentioned as TOP nodded to him before turning to the group.
“Just use my coat for the performance.” Youngbae offered handing him his jacket.

“We’ll go look for Steph, just go out and do the show.” Selena mentioned slipping her coat on as Eden did also.

“Call us when you find her.” Seungri mentioned as the girls nodded before walking out of the room.

“Dae’s she’s fine, she probably got lost.” Top teased chuckling nervously as Daesung ignored him before slipping his arms through Youngbae’s coat.

“Where should we look for her?” Eden whispered over to Selena who peeked in every room on their way out.

“I don’t think she would get lost. That’s not her.” Selena muttered in thought as they walked out the back door.

“Excuse me?” Selena asked to the security guards at the door who just bowed to her.

“Did you by chance see Stephanie Choi, Daesung’s Girlfriend?” Eden asked as the guards nodded.

“She left about 20 minutes ago.” One said as Selena nodded.
“Did you guys see her come back?” Selena asked as they shook her head.

“No, she never came back.” The other informed as both girls bowed before Selena began walking quickly towards their hotel

“You think something happened?” Eden whispered over as they maneuvered through the piles of people walking around.
“I wouldn’t doubt it with fans everywhere.” Selena whispered as they saw the hotel in the distance.

“Maybe she’s still up in the room.” Eden mentioned as they quickly crossed the road.

“No, she left the room.” Selena said seriously as Eden looked over confused.

“How can you be so sure?” Eden asked as Selena began running over till she saw her duck into an alleyway where Stephanie was lying.

“Oh my god!!” Eden shouted terrified as she ran over.

“Steph? Steph! Steph! Can you hear me?” Eden dropped to her knees while Selena quickly got on her phone to call an ambulance.

“Call Dae!” Eden shouted being the one riding in the back of the ambulance with Steph while Selena waited for a taxi. Selena sighed watching as the ambulance pulled away from the curb along with fans standing around in wonder. A taxi finally pulled up as she told him where to go. Staring at her phone as they raced through town she sighed finally before dialing, but a number she wasn’t supposed to call.

 

“Oh.” Hoku said surprised to see who was calling her phone. She answered it, wrapping a towel around her wet body.
“Selena?” Hoku asked as Selena sighed, hoping that she wasn’t going to answer.

“Hey, I need to tell you something.” She whispered as Hoku sat on the edge of the bed now nervous.

“Is everything ok?” She asked in a shaky voice as Selena looked down to her lap.

“Jiyong’s fine, I’m actually supposed to call Daesung, but I can’t.” She whispered that last part as Hoku blinked in confusion.

“Selena, you’re not making any sense.” Hoku pointed out annoyed as Selena pulled up at the hospital, quickly paying the man before getting out.

“Steph’s in the hospital.” Selena came out and said it as Hoku’s eyes shot open.

“W-what? Why?!” She shouted worried as Selena ran in.

“She went to fetch a jacket for Daesung’s wardrobe that she left at the hotel; she never came back so Eden and I went to look for her. We found her unconscious in an alleyway next to the hotel.” Selena explained while Hoku sat there quietly in tears.

“Oh my….” Hoku started before holding a hand over to suppress the whimpers.

“Is she ok?” Hoku asked hesitantly.

“I just got to the hospital, Eden rode with her.” Selena pointed out as Hoku before slowly limping around the room to get dressed.

“Hoku, I need you to call the guys, I can’t.” Selena whispered as Hoku froze before sighing.

 

maternity

 

“I will. I’m coming down right now.” Hoku quickly informed hanging up so she could maneuver as best as her limbs would let her to get dressed. This was the first time she had left the apartment since getting her memories back, and honestly she was still a bit nervous. She flagged down a taxi  with her crutches that immediately made it to her side. She carefully climbed into the backseat as the man looked back at her surprised.

“You’re Hoku-ssi.” He pointed out as she smiled politely bowing her head.

“To the hospital, quick.” She pressed as he nodded and drove quickly away from the curb.
“Are you in labor?” the man asked as she shook her head dialing for Jiyong, she didn’t know if she had the heart to tell Daesung. It rang and rang, rang and rang, still no answer. She sighed trying a few more times before giving up.
“Damn it.” She groaned annoyed putting her phone into her bag before it began ringing again. She quickly reached into the bag, ripping it out to see Jiyong calling. Frantically she answered it.

“Jiyong.” She quickly said as she heard voices in the background.

“Hey, are you alright?” He asked worried with her tone as she sighed, biting her lip to hold in the tears.

“Are you near Daesung right now?” She whispered as Jiyong looked around confused to see Daesung sitting on the couch right behind him.

“Yah, why?” He asked softly as Hoku let the tears fall.
“Get away from him, I need to tell you something.” She whispered in a shaky voice as Jiyong’s heart thumped loudly in his ears. He left the room into the quiet hallway, quickly shutting the door before looking around.

“Alright, I’m outside.” He mentioned as Hoku whimpered.
“Steph’s in the hospital.” Hoku whispered letting the tears fall to her pants. Jiyong froze against the wall in shock.

“W-What?” he stuttered as Hoku sniffled uncaring if the taxi driver was looking at her weird now.

“I’m on my way to the hospital right now. Eden and Selena are there.” Hoku informed looking out the window in tears.

“W-what happened?” Jiyong asked hesitantly, holding his chest as he stared at the wall across from him.

“I don’t know, just get here quick, please.” Hoku begged seeing the hospital closing in on them.

“I’ll be there as soon as possible.” He mentioned as the line cut while Hoku’s phone dropped to her lap. How could things like this happen to those that least deserved it?