Chapter 133 - Crying Therapy

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Everyone was extremely worried about Hoku throughout the day, she barely spoke to anyone and the only time she moved from cooking at the stove, oven or counter was when she heard Elle cry in the living room. It was like she dashed at high speed to Elle like she was worried about her, like someone was trying to take her.

“Hoku.” Steph whispered when she walked into the living room to see her friend feeding the newly awoken Elle on the couch. Hoku quickly turned to look at Steph over her shoulder, pulling a blanket up to hide her from view.

“Oh, is everything alright?” Hoku asked as Steph sighed, walking over before sitting across from Hoku on the coffee table.
“What’s up?” Hoku asked as Steph studied her friends face closely, she was clearly shaken up but Hoku had built a sturdy wall to hide her emotions from everyone.

“Are you alright?” Steph asked as Hoku’s face slightly dropped before the smile popped up again.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” Hoku asked confused before they heard a snort come from behind them. Of course, it was Selena.

“Hoku, stop the act, we can all see through you.” Selena scolded as Hoku rolled her eyes before looking down to her daughter.

“I don’t know what you are talking about, I’m fine.” Hoku muttered pulling her daughter onto her shoulder to burp her.

“Hoku, no one in their right mind would be alright after everything that happened to you last night.” Eden then whined as the 3 others in the kitchen walked out to check out what was going on.

“Well maybe I’m not in my right mind.” Hoku retorted as Selena walked over, annoyed.

“Omma Kwon, would you mind taking Elle into the backyard?” Selena asked as Omma nodded hesitantly before walking over. Hoku hesitated at first to let go of her daughter, but the smile on Omma’s face was reason enough to hand her over. Once Omma shut the door to the backyard, Selena turned to look at her cousin.

“Hoku, just let it all out.” Selena whined sitting next to Steph on the coffee table. Hoku sighed before looking up through her bangs to the two girls sitting in front of her. They flinched in surprise when they saw the look she gave off. It wasn’t like anything they had seen come off this girl, ever. It was like her soul was gone from her eyes, she was looking right through them.

“Hoku!” Selena shouted suddenly as Hoku flinched, holding her chest.

“Don’t you dare give in to this crap, you are stronger than this.” Selena whispered trying not to let her voice shake in fear.

“We all know you have been affected by this more than you are showing.” Eden sniffled walking over to sit next to Hoku.

“Just let it out Hoku, we are here for you.” Steph whispered begging as Hoku hung her head, allowing her hair to fall in her face. It was quiet for a while before both Steph and Selena gasped in surprised when they saw the tears begin to fall onto Hoku’s pants. Selena fell to the ground in between them, before pulling her cousin into her arms tightly.

“It’s alright Hoku. Just let it out.” Selena whispered holding her cousin tightly in her chest. The girls all piled around, Eden and Steph sat on either side of Hoku before hugging her.

“We’ll always be here for you, so stop being stubborn and talk to us.” Eden whispered through tears hearing the whimpers coming off her longtime friend.

“We know you’re scared and shaken up so tell us you are.” Steph scolded holding Hoku from the other side.

 

It was quiet for a long time as the girls just sat there, crying alongside Hoku. I was like the perfect dose of therapy for everyone. Finally after a while, the smell of something delicious could be smelt through the house.

“Um, Hoku-ah, you’re dessert.” Dami carefully mentioned out of the kitchen as Hoku pulled herself off of Selena, wiping her cheeks onto the sleeve of her top.

“Thanks girl, I’m fine now.” She whispered smiling at the girls around her. They knew that somehow, crying it out had helped considerably from what she was a few moments before. She stood up before walking over to meet Dami, pulling the dessert from the oven and onto the counter top.

“Ohhhh, what is that? It smells so good.” Dami sang causing Hoku to chuckle, fanning it off a bit with her oven mitt.

“It’s my families secret recipe for Blueberry Cream cheese tarts.” Hoku explained as Dami continued to look at her confused causing Hoku to chuckle.

“Here, try some.” She offered, taking a fork and dipping the tip into the fresh custard looking top before holding it to Dami. Dami took it hesitantly, blowing on it before placing it in . Her eyes shot open.

“Woah. It’s delicious!” She chanted causing everyone to chuckle.

“Hoku-ah’s desserts are so good, they will definitely make you fat.” Eden teased patting her stomach playfully.

“Jiyong will get fat in no time.” Steph teased as everyone laughed.

 

 

Finally it was that time of the day, all the food was prepared, the desserts were packed and ready, everything was ready in the cars to transport. The girls took their turns in the various bathrooms around the house, getting ready for the night.

 

Hoku was the last to get dressed in the outfit she had set out for tonight. She walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed, make up done, hair done before staring at herself in the mirror. Thanks to the full night of ice on her cheek, the swelling had gone down considerably. She looked at herself in the mirror before sighing as the memories of last night ran through her head. She quickly gripped at the sides of her head before sighing. The crying fiasco she had earlier with the girls really did work for most of the part. She felt lighter than she had this morning.

“Hoku!” Selena shouted through her bedroom door causing her to flinch.

“What?” She called back adjusting the dress she was wearing for tonight.

“Are you done? We’re gonna be late!” She whined as Hoku sighed, looking at herself once more. She was so nervous about tonight. Of course she had practiced the song over and over with Teddy Oppa and Lydia Unnie, she just didn’t feel confident in herself to sing it in front of tons of people. Hoku took one last look at herself before she walked over and opened the door.

“Wow.” Selena whispered in surprise causing Hoku to smile.

“Look good?”