Chapter 10 - Mr. & Mrs. Dong Youngbae

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Author’s POV…

“Come on, just a few more steps.” Michael pointed out as both he and Hoku stood on the other side of the door that led to the ceremony area.

“I feels like my feet are as heavy as lead.” Hoku whispered keeping her eyes ahead to where the alter area was set up.

 

pantai-1.jpg

 

“Sweetheart, come on, if you stand here any longer the wedding party will be here.” He pointed out startling her as she pushed forward quickly. He held the door open for her as they walked over to where the guests were to sit. She held her head low, not being able to meet anyone’s eyes if they did notice her. Luckily neither the groom nor the wedding party were present yet, but when she did look up, her eyes met with the other YG idols who just looked at her as if they had seen a ghost.

“Where do you want to sit?”  Michael asked in a whisper before she grabbed his hand and basically dragged him into the back row of the guests area and to the end.

“Why are we sitting so far?” He asked once they sat down. She kept her head low, looking over every once in a while to see the idols all trying to look at her, probably making sure they were seeing the real thing and not their imagination.

Soon enough Youngbae walked out with the priest and to the alter. Hoku couldn’t help but look over to watch him walk down the small aisle towards the front.

“He looks good.” Hoku whispered to herself looking to Michael’s surprised expression who obviously heard what she said.

“Sorry, slipped.” She apologized before sitting back in her seat. There were photographers everywhere, no matter how hard she tried to hide from them, they had got her a few times. They were equally surprised to see her here also. Before long the music had started. Hoku’s lungs clenched up as everyone watched the bridesmaids and groomsmen come in, but what she wasn’t prepared to see was Jiyong, dressed to impress, walking down the aisle as his best man. She had to take grasp of Michaels sleeve to keep herself from falling over.

“You alright?” Michael asked worried as Hoku smiled nervously before nodding. Once everyone sat down and the ceremony started, Hoku kept her head down and out of view. Hoku couldn’t help the tears that were overflowing at the scene unfolding in front of her, even though she had been missing from their lives, she was still able to witness their joining tonight. I was beautiful and they looked perfect together.

 

“We now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Dong Youngbae.” The priest said followed by an uproar of those present.

 

The ceremony went off without a hitch, everyone including the guests were then escorted into the hotel to the ballroom where it had been set up for the nights reception. Everyone had assigned and reserved seats, the ushers at the door took their invitations and then escorted them to their seats, surprising enough they were seated right in front of the wedding parties table.
“Figures.” Hoku muttered under her breath before sighing and taking the seat offered.

 

32-wedding-receptions-at-the-mcnay-art-m

 

“Congrats guys!” Everyone was congratulating the new couple outside the entrance doors. Eden and Youngbae just stared at each other smiling.

“Alright, just go in as you did down the aisle and to your seats as practiced.” The wedding planner explained to the group of idols who just nodded in understanding.

“You think oppa will be happy to see her?” Eden whispered over to Youngbae who only sighed, wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her closer.

“We can only hope for the best for them.” He offered kissing the side of her head before dropping his hand down to hers. There was nothing anyone could do about what would happen tonight. The wedding party all piled into the room and up onto the stage area where the wedding party was set up.

 

“I need to use the bathroom.” Hoku whispered over to Michael who immediately stood up.

“No, I’ll go alone.” She informed pushing him back down before standing. Luckily the wedding party didn’t come in yet, so she was still safe.

“I’ll be right back.” She whined looking at his worried expression. She kissed his forehead, carefully walking over to the door behind their table and out. She found the bathroom soon, did her business, making sure her hair was in place before sighing as she stared at herself.

“Wasn’t it beautiful?” A familiar voice interrupted her thoughts she froze and looked at the group of girls that just walked into the bathroom.

“Unnie?” Minzy whispered in shock staring at her before the other 3 turned to her speechless.

“Oh my god!” CL shouted running over before pulling her into a hug.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?” CL frantically yelled before pulling away to look at their long lost friend.

“Where did you come from?” Dara asked hugging her as Hoku hugged them back forcefully.

“What are you doing here?” Bom asked as Hoku smiled, holding her dress.

“That was you that Minzy saw.” Dara pointed out as Hoku smiled sheepishly and nodded.

“See.” Minzy whined sticking her tongue out.

“Does Jiyong know you’re here?” Bom asked gesturing to the door as Hoku’s smile disappeared.

“Uh, no.” Hoku whispered as they looked to each other confused.

“Well he should, he’s been a wreck without you.” CL pointed out as Hoku’s heart ached.

“I’m sorry I left without saying anything.” Hoku bowed her head in apology to those she used to consider as friends.

“No, you’re here now, so it’s all good.” Dara pointed out cheerfully before Hoku laughed nervously.

“Come on, we’re gonna miss the party.” CL announced wrapping her arm around Hoku’s shoulder before ushering her out of the bathroom and into the hallway. Hoku didn’t even have time to disagree with entering with them before she knew it, they walked into the room, getting the attention of the Wedding party sitting not 20 feet from them. She hesitantly looked over to see Jiyong quickly stand up, staring at her with his jaw dropped. Daesung, Tyra, Stephanie, and the others all stood up in shock. Hoku quickly shrugged out of CL’s arm and walked over to sit next to Michael, all eyes on her.

“Are you ok?” Michael whispered as Hoku nodded, keeping her head low. This was such a bad idea.