Chapter 170 - Arriving In Hawaii

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

It was quiet after we loaded into the van waiting at the curb for us. I had my eyes glued to the window as we watched the familiar landscape pass us. You might be wondering why we were riding in a van? Well funny story, I ‘did’ rent cars for us to use, I know I did. But this bimbo working at the counter said that I didn’t call to confirm my reservation. My . I so did call, I almost reached over the counter to rip her weave out. Finally her manager had come out and spoke with me. I was so seriously pissed off at this point, and I’m sure he could tell because he gave in and decided to get two cars cleaned up right then but wouldn’t be ready to pick up till later. What a horrible start to our visit.

 

“How far is it to your aunt’s place?” Jiyong asked over, shaking me from my thoughts as I looked over.

“Um, she lives on the other side of the island where our hotel is, so if we don’t hit any traffic, what do you think Selena?” I asked back to Selena who looked over through her sunglasses.

“I say 30 minutes at most, if we don’t catch traffic.” Selena answered as the guys both sighed loudly, before laying on our shoulders.

“Well wake us up when we get closer.” Seungri muttered getting comfortable as I sighed, leaning over to let Jiyong lay in my lap.

“Just go to sleep.” Selena scolded as I chuckled, looking out the window, seeing the slight difference in scenery since I have last been here.

 

20 minutes later, the driver looked back to me confused, obviously, he wasn’t used to this side of the island. We were almost there.

“Oppa.” I whispered putting my hands through his hair as I listened to the small snores coming off of him.

“Oppa.” I whispered louder, tapping his shoulder gently as his eyes slightly moved before his eye lids lifted enough for him to look at me.

“We’re almost there.” I smiled as he stretched in my lap before sitting up to stretch again.

“Ri.” Selena urged pushing him off of her shoulder, quickly waking him up as he looked around panicked.

“Where are we?” Jiyong asked through a yawn as I sat forward to instruct the driver. My aunts house was hard to find from the main street. I was sure it wasn’t on the GPS he was currently following.

“Our aunt owns the islands largest Mango plantation. That’s where the reunion is being held at.” Selena explained as I pointed down the road.

“That dirt road on the right, we need to go down that.” I explained as he blinked in confusion.

“Mango?” Seungri asked surprised as I turned and nodded to him.

“It’ll get bumpy after this.” I explained making sure that Elle’s seat was strapped in securely. About 2 minutes down the bumpy road, finally a paved road with a large beautiful gate showed up, rock walls surrounding the property and tall trees.

“How does the mailman even get down here?” Jiyong asked surprised as both myself and Selena broke out laughing. We had asked the same thing a few times before were explained that the mailman had complained in return my aunt had to add another mailbox up the road for him to drop off at.

“There is another one at the main road.” Selena explained as I nodded.

“Just drive in.” I explained to the driver who quickly got off the bumpy road and onto the pavement driveway.

“Wow.” Both men were in awe as we drove down the long driveway to the plantation. Both sides of the driveway were decorated with different sorts of trees before it cleared out showing the enormity of the property and the hundreds of Mango trees, both small and large that took over the landscape.

“Wow.” They said again as I smiled, seeing the large house approaching in the distance, already packed with many cars.

“You can pull up to there.” I pointed out to a free spot that the cars were not covering.

“Another driver and I will be back with your cars. Will it be alright to leave them here?” The driver pointed out as I smiled and nodded.

“Yes, just give me a call.” I added already slipping my seatbelt off.

 

Before I could even reach over to open the door, it quickly opened surprising us as I looked up.

“Hey sis.” Kawika smiled as I was filled with joy. I chuckled, stepping around Elle before reaching out to jump into my brother’s arms. No matter how old I would get, my relationship with Kawika would be as strong as it is today.

“Glad you guys made it.” He whispered as I chuckled allowing him to place me on the ground.

“Nice to see you again Ji.” Kawika shook his hand before they climbed out.

“Oh, did you meet Seungri already?” I asked confused as they both nodded, shaking each other’s hands.

“Hey Lena.” Kawika then hugged Selena as we were all welcomed by a wailing noise.

“Oh, she woke up.” Jiyong pointed out as I quickly walked over with Kawika.

“Oh and there is my small princess.” Kawika chuckled as I pulled her out of her car seat, chuckling when she stretched in mid-air.

“Wanna hold her?” I asked seeing the way Kawika was just staring at her.

“Can I?” He asked unsure as Jiyong chuckled, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“Of course you can.” Jiyong mentioned as I smiled, placing her in his arms awkwardly.

“Woah, you grew like a weed.” Kawika teased as I chuckled, fixing his arms slightly.

“How was the flight?” He asked as we began getting things out of the back of the van.

“I slept.” I chuckled raising my hand as Selena nodded.

“Why are you guys getting dropped off?” Kawika whispered to me as I sighed.

“I had a little incident at the car rental.” I whispered sheepishly as Jiyong chuckled, putting one of the few suitcases down.

“She almost ripped the woman’s head off.” Jiyong pointed out causing me to quickly turn to glare at him.

“Excuse me, but I specifically remember renting the two damn cars. I even had a receipt for it and she has the nerve to tell me I didn’t ‘call’ to reserve. I mean COME ON, when do you have to call to reserve a car after I reserve it online. That’s beyond stupid.” I snapped as Jiyong and Seungri chuckled.

“Anyways, the driver and another guy will bring the cars here in a few hours.” Selena interrupted.

 

Once the bags were unloaded and we finally made our way to the front door.

“Is everyone here already?” I asked over to Kawika who nodded, trying to bounce Elle, afraid she would cry.

 

We opened the front door, pulling the bags into safety of the sun as I looked back to see Jiyong nervously standing there.

“I’ll meet you guys inside.” I whispered to Selena, gesturing with my eyes to Jiyong as she nodded in understanding.

“Let me introduce you to family.” Selena teased, grabbing Seungri’s arm as he swallowed heavily. Poor guy.

“Come here baby.” I quickly grabbed Jiyong as he was about to follow Seungri and Selena in.

“We’ll be fine, take Elle in to see the others. Let them know I took Jiyong to look around at the property.” I spoke to Kawika who was still quietly standing there awkwardly. He nodded once, walking in before shutting the large door. I turned to look at Jiyong’s confused face causing me to chuckle.

“Go for a walk with me.” I offered, holding my hand out to him as he looked down at it confused.

“But…..you’re family.” He pointed to the now closed door causing me to smile.

“I wanna show you around for a bit. It’ll be alright.” I pointed out grabbing his hand in mine, squeezing it slightly as he sighed, giving in. We walked back down the steps to the gravel and then towards the mango orchards.

“You’ll be fine.” I mentioned seeing Jiyong’s nervous expression. He cleared his throat looking away innocently.

“I can tell you’re nervous Ji.” I finally spoke when we were far enough from the house, finally seeing that same bench I would always find refuge on.

“Come sit with me.” I asked again, thanking everything that I had decided to wear my shoes instead of heels. I took a quick seat on the swing bench hanging from one of the mango trees before patting the empty spot next to me.

“Don’t worry baby, it won’t bite.” I teased causing him to glare at me before manly walking over to sit next to me.

“You nervous?” I asked looking over to his contemplating face.

“Slightly.” He answered looking to the beautiful view of the valley that was shown from our seat.

“Don’t be. My family isn’t all that bad. If anything, I may have to worry about them stealing you from me.” I teased watching that beautiful smile cross his face causing me to lean over and kiss his cheek. He looked over surprised at my actions.

“Don’t be nervous, alright?” I whispered holding his hand as he looked down to it, slightly twirling my ring and then back up to me.

“I’m nervous they may not like me.” He admitted as I blinked in confusion.

“Why wouldn’t they like you?” I asked confused as he sighed, sitting further back.

“Well I’m not a local.” He muttered causing me to break out laughing.

“Baby, we’re not that shallow.” I whined when I was finished laughing.

“Well my English isn’t perfect yet, what if they ask me something or talk to me about something, and I don’t know how to respond?” He then whined, letting go of my hand to bury his face in it.

“Baby.” I whined, rubbing his back.

“Don’t worry about anything. You already met my family and Selena’s, everyone beyond that is easy peezy.” I pointed out as he sat up looking at me amused.

“What?” I asked leaning back confused as he smiled.

“Thanks baby.” He thanked leaning forward and kissing my lips. I blushed ferociously. Would I ever get over the butterflies that would engulf me every time he kissed me? Probably not.

“Well, well, well, thought I would find you out here.” A voice startled us both as I looked over before my eyes shot open.

“MARIE!” I shouted with a large smile, jumping off the swing and over to hug her tightly.

“HOKU!” Marie shouted back as we jumped up and down laughing.

“Oh my gosh! Look at you! Still gorgeous as ever.” She teased pulling away to look at me.

“Oh my gosh! You’re hair!” I shouted in surprise, grabbing a strand of it, to see the new cut she had.

“Yeah, my mom said the same thing when I came home.” She teased as I broke out laughing, hugging her again.

“Uh, it’s so good to see you again. It’s been ages.” I spoke in relief pulling away.

“Yeah, I know it’s been ages.” She gestured teasingly with her eyes as I looked back to see Jiyong awkwardly standing behind me.

“Oh sorry. Marie, this is Kwon Jiyong or G-Dragon as most people call him.” I introduced walking over to hold his hand comfortingly. Marie chuckled before bowing her head.

“Hi Ji, is it alright if I call you Ji?” She then asked as he nodded smiling.

“Baby, this is Marie. She’s the one I was telling you is like my best friend aside from Selena.” I mentioned as he nodded in remembrance.

“So this is the boyfriend or should I say ‘Fiancé’ everyone has been going on about?” Marie asked elbowing me teasingly causing me to snort.

“Congrats by the way.” She smiled over to Jiyong who bowed out of habit before catching himself.

“Hey, hey, hey, relax, I’m not going to bite. I’m not as bad as the boys in this family. You got past Kona and Uncle Ben, so you’ll be fine.” Marie walked over, wrapping her arm around his shoulder to make him feel more comfortable. But from where I was standing, he looked even more awkward. I just chuckled, shaking my head at her before she quickly let go of him.

“Anyways, Aunty Mapu told me to come find you two, Grammie is looking for you.” Marie pointed out causing me to smile and look over to the UTV Marie came riding over in.

“Come on baby.” I whispered over to Jiyong who held my hand tightly, following me to sit on the back row of it.

“Hold on.” Marie called from the driver seat as I rolled my eyes, clipping Jiyong quickly in.

“Don’t worry about a thing baby, I’m here.” I whispered into his ear, confidently, chuckled when I saw his bright blush take over his pale complexion. I had been waiting for this moment for a long time.

 

Selena’s POV…

I chuckled as I held Seungri’s hand and walked into my aunt’s familiar home. That familiar smell attached my nose as I looked over to see Seungri’s nervous expression.

“Ri, calm down.” I whispered over as we walked down a empty. He was clearly nervous from the way his hand was shaking in my hand.

“Ah, so this must be the famous Sung-ri.” A voice spoke from behind us suddenly, scaring the crap out of Seungri as he jumped up to hide behind me. I sighed, immediately knowing who that voice belong to. I rolled my eyes, turning to look at the person that just smirked over at me.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t ‘Brownie’ Casey. How have you been?” I teased, winking my eye as his smirk immediately dropped at the use of his family nickname. One he hated more than anything.

“Hey! Come on! I’m 27, I’m a little old for that nickname.” He whined as I chuckled, reaching back to hold Seungri’s hand.

“Baby.” I called back as Seungri stepped out nervously.

“This is my cousin Casey. Casey this is ‘Seung-Ri’.” I emphasized the syllables in his name as Casey sighed and walked over with his hand out.

“Hey man. Nice to finally meet you.” Casey mentioned as Seungri smiled hesitantly before nodding and shaking his hand back.

“Brownie?” Seungri suddenly asked as Casey froze mid shake before glaring over at me.

“What?” I asked innocently as Casey clicked his tongue.

“Tell him about that and I’ll tell him about that time in 8th grade with Kame’a.” Casey whispered as my eyes shot open before I was the one now glaring.

“Wow. Touche.” I pointed out amused as Seungri looked at me confused.

“I’ll tell you later.” I answered as Casey blinked in panic.

“Hey! What did you just say to him?!” He shouted panicking as I chuckled, hugging him before grabbing Seungri’s arm.

“We’re off to see the family, see yah Brownie.” I chuckled seeing the way he was fuming in the hallway. This would be an interesting week.