Chapter 20 - For You

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Author’s POV…

“Wanna go out today?” Daesung asked Steph the morning after the wedding. She just groaned from her spot on the edge of the bed before nodding.

“Sounds like fun.” She answered as he smiled happily, patiently waiting for her to get ready for the day ahead of them. Daesung had planned out something, that was if he could find what he was looking for today. Steph freshened up with a morning bath to get rid of their nightly activities then dressed in a simple outfit, fashionable just comfortable for walking. Coming out of the bathroom she walked into the room to see Daesung lost in his thoughts on the couch.

“You alright over there?” She asked teasingly as he blinked and quickly looked over to see that somehow she had snuck past him to their suitcases.

“Oh yah, I’m fine.” He answered standing and adjusting the pair of shorts he had decided to wear.

“You know, from the time we met, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you wear shorts, well aside from swim shorts.” Steph mentioned pulling out a pair of sandals causing him to smile. They soon left the hotel and began walking along the side of the street, the market they were planning on going to wasn’t that far to start with.

“It’s so beautiful here.” He whispered holding her hand while she nodded.

“That’s the only thing I miss about being here.” She mentioned causing him to smile down at her.

“You don’t miss it?” He asked wiggling his eyebrows at her causing her to snort.

“I do, but thanks to you, not so much.” She answered causing him to smile proudly.

“Awh, my baby girl loves it with me.” He chanted as she chuckled and continued to look at the scenery.

“So what are we going to do today?” She asked after 5 minutes of walking before he looked down to her.

“Hm, I don’t know, I heard there was a local market here, so I wanted to check it out.” He mentioned causing her to smile.

“Ah I see. Well it is an interesting market for sure.” Stephanie explained as Daesung smiled down at her. Without any time, they had arrived at the local market, not only was farmer fresh vegetables and fruits sold here but also handmade crafts and clothes.

“Wow.” Daesung said in surprise as they pushed past the large number of people.

“Oh, can we go see my aunt?!” Stephanie asked excited causing Daesung to chuckle at the sight.

“You’re aunt?” He asked as she smiled sheepishly.

“We’re not related, but I visited her store often so she told me to call her Aunty.” Stephanie explained causing Daesung to laugh and nod.

“Alright, Alright.” He answered as they continued to walk before her eye caught the familiar stand.

“Oh there she is.” She said as Daesung’s eyes were scanning a different booth. He turned to see where she was pointing and nodded.

“Alright, I’ll meet you there, I wanna look over here real quick.” Daesung mentioned pointing over his shoulder as she nodded and walked off. Making sure she was at a good distance, he turned to the left and walked over towards the stand with beautiful handmade jewelry.

“Hello.” He announced bowing his head to the woman sitting behind it. She smiled up at him as his eyes scanned the jewelry.

“Grandmother, did you make this yourself?” Daesung asked pointing to the jewelry as she smiled and nodded.

“They’re beautiful.” He mentioned causing her to smile larger.

“Is that your girlfriend?” She then asked as Daesung’s eyes were scanning the rings. He looked up surprised and over to where she was pointing before smiling.

“Ah yes.” He answered embarrassed causing the woman to smile.
“She’s beautiful.” She admitted causing him to chuckle and nod.

“Thank you grandmother.” He thanked as she grabbed a ring and put it in his hand, shutting it.

“Give this to her.” She mentioned as he opened his hand to see a beautiful rings sitting in the middle of his palm.

“How much grandmother?” He asked about to pull out his wallet as she smiled, stopping him.

“No need, I can tell she’s special to you, so take it to her.” She urged as Daesung hesitantly stood there.

“I can’t take without paying for it.” He mentioned causing her to smile.

“No need to feel guilty, she’ll love it.” She mentioned pushing Daesung away from her stand as he hesitantly stood in the middle of the crowd unsure as what to do.

“Hey, are you alright?” A familiar voice shook him from his thoughts as he looked up to see Steph walking towards him. He quickly shut his hand and slipped the ring into the pocket of his coat.

“Oh, yah.” He mentioned turning to the old woman he was just sitting there smiling before letting Steph drag him towards the stands. They walked around for a while before they found a small opening that led to a beach area.

“Oh let’s go here for a bit.” Daesung mentioned pulling her away from the stands and towards the beach.

“But, I wanted to check a few more things.” She whined causing him to laugh. He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her towards him as they walked down towards the seashore.

“We’ll go back, promise. Just wanted to relax for a bit.” Daesung mentioned as she sighed and nodded, doing as he told. He loved the fresh salt breeze blowing across his face, just the right temperature. He looked down to see her smiling as the ocean in front of them. It was the perfect time, no one was around.

“Steph.” He spoke nervous causing her to look up to him.

“Hm?” She answered causing him to look away and clear his throat.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked as she nodded confused.

“Of course you can.” She answered leaning into his embrace.

“If I asked you to marry me, would you?” He whispered embarrassed as her eyes shot open and up to him.

“Excuse me?” she asked surprised, unsure if she heard right.

“If I asked you to marry me, would you?” He asked again now looking down to her as she looked into eyes to see the seriousness behind the question.

“But your parents.” She whispered causing him to sigh as he turned towards her, holding her hands in his.

“I already told you, I don’t care what they have to say.” He mentioned almost in a whine as she looked back to the ocean.

“I’ll do anything to make sure you’re happy.” He added causing her to smile, blushing.

“I know you would.” She answered keeping her eyes away from his. Daesung noticed it was perfect time, carefully letting go of her hand, he reached into his pocket, pulling out the ring.

 

etsy-3.jpg

 

“Then can I put this on you?” He asked as she looked over to see a beautiful ring in his hands. She gasped, stepping back a bit taken back.

“It’s not much, one of the grandmothers at the booth back there gave it to me, she told me to give it to you. So even if it’s not much, I’ll buy you a more extravagant one when we get back to Seoul.” He mentioned as the tears began to fall down her cheeks.

“Omo, why are you crying?! I’m sorry if I upset you.” Daesung began to panic unsure as what to do causing her to laugh and wave a hand at him.

“No, no, no, I’m not mad, happy.” She said laughing through tears as he smiled.

“So would you?” He asked holding the ring up again causing her to smile.

“Of course.” She answered welcoming the giant smile on his face as he slid the beautiful ring onto her finger.

“I love you.” He whispered leaning in and placing a chaste kiss on her lips while she smiled.

“I love you.” She answered back, wrapping her arms around his waist, burying her tears into his coat. How could anyone be happier?