Chapter 21 - A Familiar Face

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

[BIG BANG’S G-DRAGONS EX SEEN HAVING DINNER WITH KPOP GROUP SHINEE]

 

After photos of Hoku Fernandez were released through the net by fans that were able to catch a glimpse of the woman landing in Incheon earlier today. Now that it has been confirmed it was her from the fans that were able to track down the hotel she had been staying at, it seems that she has also made friends with group SHINee. As shown in the photos that had just surfaced last night, it seems to be just a friendly gathering between the two. Not sure the connection between the 6 in this restaurant but netizens can’t help but to wonder why Hoku is really here.

 

Our media reporters caught Jiyong just moments ago, asking about the news of Hoku now hanging around with SHINee, what was his intake on the situation? He had nothing to say, he looked as surprised as we were when he got hold of the photos in question. It seems that not only are we wondering but also Big Bang’s Idol Leader. G-Dragon has also surprised us this morning with his new over the top hairdo giving us a Cruella Deville kind of charm, revving up for this weeks ‘Golden Disk Awards’ in Malaysia.

 

 

g-dragon+in+london+5.jpg

 

 

“Geez, why did I read that?” Jiyong muttered to himself annoyed as he shut off his I Pad. Bad enough he had to worry about Hoku being with that douche bag every waking moment, now he had worry about her getting cozy with other Kpop idols on her stay.

“What are you mumbling about now?” Top asked over from the seat next to him as we rode towards the building. Jiyong just sighed and handed him the I Pad for him to read.

“It’s just SHINee. Why are you getting your skirt ruffled?” Hyung asked over confused as Jiyong sighed, massaging his head.

“Don’t ask.” Jiyong muttered before quickly looking away.

 

“So what they automatically think something is going on between the two of you if you’re photographed together?” Michael spat having been one of the many that stumbled upon the news the following day. Hoku just sat on the couch slightly annoyed that he was the type to believe any news he saw.

“I already told you, that’s how the media gets their readers, by spouting any nonsense crap.” Hoku explained trying to be calm as not to stress herself or the baby.

“Can’t you sue them or something?” He asked outraged pointing at the photo on the cover of the magazine. Hoku just sighed and leaned back in the couch to lie down.

“It’s just a photo, if I was or something else that would jeopardize myself or anything personal, then yes I could.” She explained as he growled.

“But they are insisting that you’re dating one of the members.” He spat causing her to sit up quickly.

“Would you just stop?! I told you its fine, alright?!” Hoku was already annoyed from the moment she saw the article this morning, Michael was just adding onto her annoyance and stress.

“I have a meeting at YG in a few hours, I’m gonna go out for a walk.” She mentioned standing, grabbing a light coat before walking to the door.

“Hoku, I’m sorry.” He quickly said as she sighed and looked over.

“I’ll be back in a few.’ She answered before going through the doorway. It wasn’t his fault he went overboard; this was his first time experiencing something like his current girlfriend on the cover of a few media magazines in a foreign country, and on top of that being criticized about her appearance with SHINee. Hoku sighed as she walked out into the warm summer air, slipping a hat over her head then continued down the sidewalk. It had been a while she was able to walk down the streets of Seoul, admiring all the fancy clothes in the windows, the smell of amazing food cooking, smiling faces, cars everywhere. It was just like walking down one of the streets in LA but with a different vibe. Hoku smiled at the familiar scenery before noticing the store she had been standing in front of. Looking around to see if anyone had recognized her, she walked closer to the window before smiling at the beautiful crib that was set up in the window.

“Isn’t it cute?” she whispered to no one in particular looking through the window at the things that littered the store. She knew she had spent too much time in front of that window and finally left before someone recognized her. Stopping at an intersection she listened to a bunch of high school girls also waiting for the light.

“Did you see the photos of Oppa?” One squealed as the other nodded.

“When is Jiyong oppa leaving for Malaysia, we need to go to airport to give him our gifts.” The other said as Hoku’s eyes shot open and over to them.

“Wednesday, we have to wish him good luck for the awards too.” One mentioned catching Hoku’s stare before her eyes shot open.

“Hoku-unnie?” The girl asked as Hoku’s eyes shot open before she her heels to get away from them.

“Unnie!” They shouted now following her as Hoku took off running not wanting to be stuck in a quarrel with one of GD’s fanatic fans, could end messy or even dangerous. Seeing a familiar BBQ stop coming up, she quickly ducked in the open door and watched at the girls ran past.

“Thank god.” Hoku sighed out of breath before hearing a gasp.

“Hoku-ah?” A voice asked as Hoku slowly and hesitantly looked over to see the familiar old woman standing there as if she had seen a ghost.

“Omo, it is you.” She said excitedly putting the dishes down before she walked over and hugged Hoku.

“Omo, omo, I thought I would never see you again.” The woman began crying in her arms causing Hoku to chuckle at the sight. At least someone had missed her while she was gone. Hoku pulled away from the welcomed arms before smiling at the aging face staring back at her.

“What are you doing here dear?” She asked looking around to the faces that had also recognized Hoku.

“Oh dear, come with me.” She said grabbing Hoku’s hand before escorting her to the usual corner table, away from stray ears.

“Sit, sit.” She urged as Hoku smiled and nodded not wanting to go against her wishes. Hoku took a seat looking around the familiar surroundings that did not change from the 4 months she had been away before her eyes landed on those sitting in the small family restaurant. Noticing their eyes just staring at her she nervously smiled before bowing her head to them, then welcoming the aunt that owned the shop now with two hot cups of tea. Hoku hesitantly stared at the glasses, unsure as how to refuse it, she hadn’t drank tea since finding out she was pregnant.

“Drink dear.” The aunt urged as Hoku smiled and shook her head.

“I’m fine, thank you though.” Hoku answered as the woman smiled.

“Where have you been?” she asked sounding like a worried mother causing Hoku to smile, this was why she love coming here.

“I’ve been home.” Hoku added as she smiled knowing before nodding.

“Was it because of happened with Jiyong-ah?” She asked as Hoku sighed sadly before nodding.

“Dear, it wasn’t your fault that woman died, she brought it on herself.” She spoke as Hoku looked up shocked, the aunt just smiled and nodded, answering that she knew everything.

“I’ve never had someone die in front of me, let alone blame me for the reason why she died.” Hoku whispered sadly looking down to the steam flowing off the tea cup in front of her.

“Hoku.” The woman whispered reaching her hand over to comfort Hoku’s.

“It wasn’t your fault, she brought it upon yourself. It was no reason to let your happiness suffer for someone who had been so been determined to bring your happiness down. Life and love isn’t like that. Jiyong-ah has come here a few times.” She explained as Hoku’s eyes looked up hesitantly.

“He has?” Hoku whispered as she smiled and nodded.

“He comes to talk to me and to get away from it all.” She explained as Hoku nodded understandingly before looking down to her stomach.

“He still loves you dear, more than you think.” She mentioned only causing Hoku’s heart to break slowly, again.

“He regrets not coming here when you were waiting for him. He regrets letting you leave back to the states, he regrets everything that happened to you.” She whispered as a lone tear escaped Hoku’s eyes before dropping to her t-shirt.

“When are you going to tell him?” She then asked as Hoku looked up from the napkin in her hands.

“Tell him what?” Hoku asked confused as her eyes looked down to her stomach then to her eyes.

“Dear, I’m a mother, I can see the signs clearly.” She answered as Hoku’s eyes shot open and down to her stomach.

“It’s Jiyong-ah’s isn’t it?” She asked as Hoku found her hands drifting over to her stomach, caringly.

“It’s not my place to tell him, I think that should come from you.” She added as Hoku sat there silently.

“Jiyong would be happy to know.” She mentioned causing Hoku to let her tears fall even quicker, she was right.